[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pd 6yO-jBRo ugh, serioursl
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36
File: Scumbag Mickey.jpg (10 KB, 230x219) Image search: [Google]
Scumbag Mickey.jpg
10 KB, 230x219
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pd6yO-jBRo

ugh, serioursly, fuck disney!

Why does it have still have such a strong fanbase when it a pulls this shit, and after everything they've already done,

Why do people judge animated films by the studio and not by the quality of the films themselves, It wasn't like this 6 years ago.

It would be like having a giant EA store selling EA products with a massive EA fanbase talking about how EA are more than just a company and are an essential part of childhood and gather together to use EA products for Christmas while EA tries to subtly buy Christmas from under their nose.
>>
>>78245274
You're wrong anon, people simply think any cartoon movie they watch is Disney/Pixar. Go ahead, ask a normie what studio made Minions.

And that's nothing new either.
>>
>>78245297
I'm pretty sure the average person is smarter than that
>>
>>78245319
You mean the same people who thought Anastasia was a Disney movie?
Or those who sell Dreamworks merch as Disney merch on ebay?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HUGE-Lot-Of-Disney-Plush-Patch-Panda-PO-Dash-Baloo-Ariel-Bruce-/252017939696?hash=item3aad7094f0:g:6c8AAOSwLVZVj5Gb
>>
1. Quentin Tarantino is one of the biggest children I can think of.
2. Who gives a fuck?
>>
>>78245274
Does anyone have a list of what Disney has done?
>>
>>78245433
bribing oscars and chocking out every other animated studio.

making terrilble marvel cartoons and ruining spiderman
>>
>>78245429
>2. Who gives a fuck?
Yeah who gives a fuck about rampant corruption.
>>
>>78245501
Well, who? Certainly not anybody important.
>>
>>78245510
Yeah, who gives a fuck.

And if it happens to you? Very personally one day?

-Who gives a fuck-.
>>
>>78245514
I rest easy knowing nobody would give a fuck, like they do with things that actually matter (which I'm not one of).

Are you 16?
>>
>>78245274
>Disney being invovled with Shady shit
And Mark Millar licks goats, this isn't new.
>>
>>78245530
No I'm old enough to know better than you.
>>
>>78245549
the problem is people are willfully ignoreing it.
>>
>>78245510
>Corruption
>Not something everyone should care about
Who are you shilling for, Disney? Fox news? Wall Street?
>>
>>78245574
It's less that people are ignoring it and more that Disney are really good at hiding it.
>>
>>78245562
How so?
Because you've suddenly made the discovery that the entertainment industry is corrupt, like most industries, and that Disney is a player in that?
Or because I refuse to get angry at something that barely matters (in my opinion) and that I have no power to change?
>>
>>78245530
This is exactly what is wrong with current society.
No principles, apathy, consumerism, and conformism.
Corruption should be exposed and tainted, no matter whom it concerns
>>
>>78245549
And it has to be new for you to care, huh?
>>
>>78245580
Man way to miss the point. You or me caring about corruption won't do shit, and nobody who could do shit about it cares.
And if you want to care about corruption, maybe you should take a look at places in society where it ruins lives, not at how it makes your cartoons less entertaining than they should be.

>>78245587
No they aren't, hell even you "found out".

"Wow, my entertainement industry is corrupt" is sheltered babby's first run-in with how society works, I really don't feel like validating it by getting outraged at something that's basically common knowledge.
>>
>>78245588
You right, it's better to be mindnumbed.
Where do I join the hive?
>>
>>78245641
Tell me, when did you became so jaded and cynical?
>>
>>78245588
You want the corruption to remain. You think nothing can be changed.

You enjoy someone taking all your toys away, throwing sand on your birthday cake, and physically violating you.

Defeat gets you off. But that's not enough. You've gotten used to it. The only way to heighten that pleasure is to spread your stink. If anyone is fighting for anything, anywhere, that sort kills it for you. They gotta be defeatists too.

Well. I'd rather not. I'd rather continue to say that shitty, corrupt actions are unacceptable. And you go eat shit.
>>
>>78245641
>And if you want to care about corruption, maybe you should take a look at places in society where it ruins lives, not at how it makes your cartoons less entertaining than they should be.
Sure why not, let us look at wall Street and how their corruption caused a economical collapse.
>>
File: latest.jpg (11 KB, 220x225) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
11 KB, 220x225
>>78245641
Ooow the edge
>>
What is with this guy.

These are arguments I've forgotten HAVING TO HAVE.

It was like 1st grade or earlier when I learned "Being bad is not good; Bad guys should be stopped, even if it's really hard, or may even seem impossible, to stop them"

I have to revisit that part of my mind? FOR THIS ASSHOLE?
>>
>>78245549

Mark Millar does not lick goats, he bites them testicles and slurp the cock.
>>
>>78245629
Man that's some nice projection you got there.

>Corruption should be exposed and tainted, no matter whom it concerns
Most people know very well that most of what they consume is made by more or less corrupt corporations, it makes the news every other day, that doesn't stop them from putting BP oil in their WV.

Just talking about how it's bad on principle is useless, much less on /co/, so what's the point of all this? It's just outrage for the sake of outrage.
>>
>>78245660
Wisdom of Solomon is one of the superpowers when you get to become a wizard.
>>
I would just like to say that certian areas of the diseny fanbase are fucking awful, they are just as annoying as the SU and mlp fandom.
>>
>>78245714
Yeah why even educate people about the solar system?

What's the 4th planet from the sun?

WHO CARES?

Only a small percentage of people are ever going to do anything related to it, so WHO CARES.
>>
>>78245714
You do realize that it has to start somewhere?
You won't change it overnight, true, but talking about it is the first step. Discussing it, especially details, is still better than hiding the head under the sand or batting the eye.
If you're happy with yourself, feel free to ignore this thread and continue living your life normally.
>>
>>78245274
Lol who cares?
this whiny man should release his movie before or after star wars.
>>
>>78245663
>You want the corruption to remain. You think nothing can be changed.
Both of those are incorrect. My point is me (or you) wanting corruption to stop and saying it's not acceptable will not achieve anything. Caring is cute, but it's useless by itself.

>the rest of that post
What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>78245762
You don't get to ask me what's wrong with me.

That's silly.

Answer this simple question with a yes or no. I'll find it amusing (and predictable) if you do not: Do you want corruption to stop?
>>
>>78245762
>My point is me (or you) wanting corruption to stop and saying it's not acceptable will not achieve anythin
>what is gamergate
>>
>>78245794
Don't even start.

He probably has no idea what Gamergate achieved, assuming he didn't just believe everything Kotaku told him.
>>
>>78245800
The thing is, whether GG was positive or negative, it did left an impact, and it did cost corrupt journalists its job. Making noise is good, because there is always a possibility that someone will pick it up and spread further
>>
>>78245742
>>78245743
You're just bitching on /co/, the place in the world that's the most aware of Disney being a corrupt company.

If you want to educate someone, maybe try to do it about something they don't already know. It's just that the "wow, guys, did you know Disney is actually evil?" threads are pretty common here, so I don't see the point of a whole thread going "yeah, they're corrupt, and corruption is bad".

But go ahead, do what you gotta do, I'd be happy if you can end corruption.
>>
>>78245845
You're free to go, y'know.

You don't have to care.
>>
>>78245790
Of course I do, as I've stated before, what kind of silly question is that?

>>78245794
Precisely.

>>78245800
It didn't achieve shit, it just replaced some corrupted people by other people without putting any safeguards preventing further corruption.
>>
>>78245845
Well, thanks for the bump. It's always helpful when there is this one person who thinks that nothing can ever be done, especially in the internet era of outrages and drama.
>>
>>78245867
I don't know, apparently if I don't care I'm some kind of sociopath, you guys got me worried.
>>
>>78245874
>what kind of silly question is that?
It's a question from one sensible person, to a hopeless defeatist.

>It didn't achieve shit,
PRFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTT
>>
Coming back to the discussion, it's really disturbing that Disney can dictate whatever they want, and that they can trump whoever they want.

It's even more disturbing that there are people who will defend Disney, like it was their mother.
>>
I can'd decide if im more pissed off at brave winning or bh6 winning
>>
>>78245884
No, you're a sociopath for sticking around, not caring, insisting other people shouldn't care either.

This isn't hard.
>>
>>78245894
this is what I meant with: >>78245727
>>
>>78245889
>entire argument is ad hominems, silly questions which have already been answered and "lol"
How sensible.
>>
>>78245646
Do you give a shit about every starving African child? Can you honestly tell me you give the slightest shit?

World sucks, feel happy you're on the better side than most.
>>
>>78245915
Well, looking from the comments, they seem to be DIDF, Disney Internet Defense Force

And funny, how their arguments are the same like with every other cancer group
>who cares about your shitty movie anyway
>disney move makes sense from the business perspective
>it was your fault QT
>lol, STFU QT
>QT sucks anyway and I never liked him anyway
>>
>>78245907
Well I mean you certainly moved the goalposts here, but whatever.
>>
>>78245952
apples and oranges, as well as logical fallacy.
Yes I care. I used to participate in various charities, but when I got older I realized that it doesn't solve the problems. The best thing to help them, would educate the children, as well as rebuild their infrastructure (for starters).

It's a huge problem that only waits to backfire miserably to everyone.

No one however cares about that, people the world needs a garbage dump for illegal and shady businesses.
>>
>>78245954
what is DIDF and could you show me those comments?

(what if I put this post on tumblr?)
>>
>>78245960
The goalposts are firmly planted.

You don't care? Fine. That's unfortunate though.

You sticking around, telling people not to care either? Not so fine.
>>
>>78245982
>what is DIDF
heh, I just explained it: Disney Internet Defense Force
I made it up this term as my commentary on the fanbase.

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2015/12/16/tarantino-says-vindictive-disney-is-muscling-hateful-eight-out-of-theaters-for-star-wars/

I'm not fan of tumblr or reddit, but it's always beneficial to have the same discussion on other social medias.
>>
>>78246004
I like the term disnazi,

but we could leave it to a vote
>>
>>78246046
we already have feminazis, it wouldn't feel right.
Maybe disneyists, or disneylings, disneytards, disneydrones? or just dissers
>>
>>78246002
Nigga all I did was reply to people explaining to me I was a horrific person for not caring.
You care? Fine, don't jump people who say they don't.
>>
>>78246046
>>78246062
how about disneyphiles?
>>
>>78246125
Good, albeit it does feel a little like a positive description. Disperverts anyone?
>>
>>78246148
Douchebags.

With a Disney D.
>>
>>78245274
Fuck this cop hater
>>
>>78246170
Disneybags or Doucheneys or Disdouches.
>>
>>78246187
While he deserves a kick in the groins for what he said about cops, he has a point that Disney is becoming too powerful and shouldn't boss everyone around.
>>
>>78246191
>Disdouches
I tell ya what.
You change that second D to an N and you got yourself a GODDAMN DEAL.
>>
>>78246322
Disnouches?
For some reason it sounds like if they were sleeping all the time.
>>
>>78245463
Is the Oscar bribes confirmed?
>>
>>78246426
It's as confirmed as it's possible without getting a lawsuit from the Disney execs for libel.
>>
>>78246435
It's not libel if you have proof.
>>
Disneydrone sounds well enough.
>>
>>78246451
The problem is that it's extremely difficult to proove a bribe. You usually need some tape, or recording.
And even then, you can be sued for defamation, or have to prove it in the court.
>>
>>78246473
Well yeah. You can't just accuse people of illegal doing if you can't prove it.
Defamation, again, doesn't work if you can prove your claims to be true.
>>
>>78246545
I sincerely doubt anyone will have balls to prove that accusations. So far, the Oscar bribing have to go under the "rumors" file.
>>
so I'd assume the general consensus (outside /co/) most people would agree that frozen is overrated?
>>
>>78246776
Well, I've never watched it, I only heard about it, so I can't really comment on it.

I don't know why it was such a phenomenon, but given that people tend to lower their standards, I wasn't really surprised by the popularity of that movie.
>>
>>78245641
>Embracing true nihilism
You're doing god's work and speeding the apocalypse. Don't let anyone make you give up apathy.
>>
>>78245274
Hateful Eight? What the fuck is that?
>>
>>78246938
QT's movie, duh.
>>
>>78246938
It's this weird new thing, called fucking google it you asshole
>>
File: Disneyseid.png (477 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Disneyseid.png
477 KB, 640x480
>>78245894
>"I am many things, Anon. Here, I am God."
>>
>>78247047
>Disneyseids
Bingo! I like it.
>>
>>78245274
>Disney screwing someone who thinks blacks dindu nuffin
Based Disney.
>>
>>78245274
I would like to point out Quintin only represents a minority from the city he's from.
>>
File: Plot Keywords.jpg (55 KB, 639x487) Image search: [Google]
Plot Keywords.jpg
55 KB, 639x487
>>78247008
>>78247013
>So this is what it's about. Huh.
>>
>>78247074
Yeah, because Disney don't think the same.
>>
>>78247104
Even if it was the dumbest, worthless movie in the world, it doesn't give the Disney right to dictate others how they should run the business.
>>
>>78247074
But Disney are the biggest Jews of them all.
>>
>>78247249
Nobody forces the owners of cinemas to take the deal.
>>
>>78247074
>Buh buh, muh polidigal idology!
>>
>>78247337
Then why do they do it?
>>
>>78247356
Because it bring them profit.
>>
File: 01-large-cash-money[1].gif (17 KB, 261x281) Image search: [Google]
01-large-cash-money[1].gif
17 KB, 261x281
>>78247356
>>
>>78247375
>>78247378
How is it profit, if they lose?
The profit would be if they had both QT and SW.
Instead, they have to lose part of their profit to secure the bigger part of the profit.

It reminds me how the mobsters work
>>
File: 1450247836451.png (133 KB, 644x635) Image search: [Google]
1450247836451.png
133 KB, 644x635
>>78245274
>Getting mad at Disney when it was the theaters choice to breach the contract
>>
>>78247453
Yeah, and Disney didn't influence that at all.
They are innocent, they are the real victims here.
>>
Replies:85
Posters:19

Autistic QT fan, or viral marketing campaign to promote watching Hateful 8 as a blow against "CORRUPTION?" You be the judge.

It's such a false choice, too. The big "threat" Disney used to "extort" this movie theatre chain was to not let the chain use their product. Arclight is supposedly an arthouse/independent movie chain, why didn't they hold their ground and back Quinten? Why isn't anyone calling the arclight's greed into question? Oh, because that wouldn't fit the narrative of the online advertising campaign? Got it.

Either way though, STERN RULES, BABABOOEY BABABOOEY
>>
>>78247409
If Lionsgate comes and tells you "if you pick The Good Dinosaur, you can't have the last Hunger Games movies", it would be idiotic to prefer TGD.
Once again, no one forced cinema owners to prefer SW to TH8.
>>
>>78247453
Yeah, SOME CHOICE! "Play it longer or else NONE of your theaters will play the biggest movie of the decade!"
>>
>>78247484
you probably missed some shitflinging here that resulted in goalpost moving.
>>
>company is trying to make money
Cry about.
>>
>>78247487
Of course, but what gives Lionsgate to even dictate something like that? Shouldn't it be against the law?

Can you imagine marvel saying to LCS - don't sell DC / Image / Avatar books, or you won't get exclusive / extra rare variant and super discount?
>>
>>78247494
They could reject it if they wanted, this is a free country after all.
>>
>>78247476
>>78247494
It's shitty of Disney, but it was still the theaters choice to subcum to it. I'd be mad if Disney revoked the movie from their theaters after them choosing to stand their ground, but they pussied out on the chance to stand up against a big corporations bullying.
>>
>>78247517
A company, that became too powerful for it's own good. Someday, everything will be Disney. The whole world, will belong to the mouse. Everything else will be destroyed.
>>
>>78247541
>Shouldn't it be against the law?
No, that has existed in videogames from the beginning of the times and AFAIK no one got sued.
>>
>>78247566
Go bomb some theme parks, I can't stand a person who talks big shit and doesn't do jack all.
Besides, fuck Quentin, hasn't made a good film in a decade.
>>
>>78247561
It's really sad that they did succumb, because that way, they show, that Disney can do whatever they want, and no one will call them for their shitty practises. Bah, as you can see even here, a lot of people actually defend Disney's position.
>>
>>78247598
Too be honest, I'm not much of a gamer, so I don't know true is that. But didn't it always backfired somehow, someway?
>>
>>78247610
Waaaah waaaaah waaaaaaaah that's all you fucking goddamn do you fucking piece of shit, do you fucking shit your goddamn diapers too?
>>
I wonder if this will make tangled no longer Quentin's favorite movie
>>
>>78247610
It's inmoral, but not illegal, and after all it's all about freedom.
>>
I'm proud of Howard saying that Trentino may be over exaggerating and Disney can't refute that claim or provide it's side.

Solid radio hosting, Stern is honestly a class act despite some of his sillier tendencies.
>>
>>78247610
Like >>78247650 said, it's not fair but it's technically fair game. That's the dark side of capitalism.
>>
>Disney booked months in advance
>Dome fucked up
>Tarantula gets fucked
>WAAAAAAHHHH Disney is bullying me!
>>
>>78247642
Good pep talk.

>>78247650
>>78247675
True. Which is why it's also okay, and maybe important to discuss it.
>>
>>78247632
No, because game publishers are the main ads source of game magazines.
>>
>>78247736
There is nothing to discuss. It's fredoom against muh feels.
>>
Disney is kinda blatant about being jews though, and they're good at it. I mean look at all the star wars ads for toys and stuff, none of them are about "star wars is fun and cool" they're all about "Parents you NEED to make sure your kid is obsessed with star wars." because disney wants to make sure their new brand is profitable for years to come. It's fucking creepy, but that's Disney and that's what everyone expects from them.
>>
>>78247747
And how many there are game magazines nowadays? Because AFAIK, the internet made a lot of them redundant.

I do remember that there was this major discussion about shitty reviews. There was this great analysis on how to spot a payed review, or the most common tropes of shitty, amateurish reviews. I wish I had saved that.
>>
>>78247736
I can't fucking stand people like you, you talk a big game but in the end of the goddamn day you're just like the fucking rest of us, sitting on your ass, doing nothing but eating bad food you bought from a shitty health violation filled fast food joint because you're too lazy to cook your own damn food, and then have the balls to act like you're morally superior to us all. Fuck you, and the high horse you rode in on.
>>
>>78245942
Didn't you call Tarantino a huge child before? lol
>>
>>78247764
Well, then it's my freedom to discuss it as well.
You might disagree, of course, and that's your right.
>>
>>78247783
Like, I dunno, three. Maybe five? No more than five surely.
>>
>>78245274
>like having a giant EA store selling EA products with a massive EA fanbase talking about how EA are more than just a company and are an essential part of childhood and gather together to use EA products for Christmas while EA tries to subtly buy Christmas from under their nose.

Haven't heard of Origin, have you? It's called hype. People know Disney is not the crux of childhood because people have opinions besides what Disney says about itself.

Also, Tarinteno is a B-movie Uncle Tom.
>>
>>78247784
I don't blame you for assuming that I'm OP, or that I am like everyone else here. I do agree with the OP that disney is going way over the line with being petty power hungry control freaks. And you are right that too many people talk the talk, and don't walk the walk. I don't eat fast foods, though. If you have some suggestions, feel free to shoot them.
>>
>>78247808
I never said you can't pretend there is something of value to discuss. I just said there isn't anything to discuss.
>>
>>78247845
cont.
> feel free to shoot them.
not literally of course
>>
>>78247856
Not him, then why do you keep replying, phaggot?
>>
>>78247856
Okay. Thank you for your opinion.
>>
>>78247845
>If you have some suggestions
Do I look like your fucking confidant? It isn't my job to come up with battle plans against Disney's tactics, that's YOUR job because YOU'RE the one who is say shit .
Figuratively speaking you're likely being honest you not being OP or the other posters.
>>
>>78245274
Disney is a corporation first and foremost
Most regular people aren't actually informed of their shitty practices or creative decisons or they choose to ignore them
Also you can still like or enjoy a studio's work/selected works even if they're awful sometimes
>>
>>78245463
>terrible marvel cartoons
well anon that's subjective by your own standard isn't it? :^)
come back when you're 18, who the fuck even watches superhero cartoons
>>
>>78247885
>with battle plans against Disney's tactics
But if I do, wouldn't you call me a no-life loser who has nothing better to do?

I noticed that the only way to make people do something, is to threaten their internet. That's why SOPA / ACTA didn't pass, but other, also harmful bills passed.
>>
File: im not happy bob.jpg (4 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
im not happy bob.jpg
4 KB, 300x168
>>78247484
we know its you bob iger.
>>
>>78247900
>come back when you're 18, who the fuck even watches superhero cartoons
ah, it's always delightful too see such post on /co/, of all places.
>>
>>78247908
>But if I do, wouldn't you call me a no-life loser who has nothing better to do?
No, I would not, I would have an iota of respect for you for actually acting on your beliefs and at least TRYING rather than sit around doing nothing and pretending to morally superior.
>>
>>78245274
That's not that bad, what's bad is that Disney makes theaters pay them for the first two or three weeks of the movie since showing a Disney film counts as Disney advertising for that theater. Most companies just take all returns from the ticket sales, but Disney goes the extra mile, and honestly outside things like Avengers or Star Wars it doesn't make any sense. I mean no one's gonna bust the door down for the fucking Good Dinosaur, Tomorrowland, or McFarland, USA.
>>
>>78245646
godDAMN better get back home from school and listen to some pink floyd and other dadrock while jerking it to banksy wearing a guy fawkes mask visit your favourite subreddit watch h3h3/cringe compilations/whatever new forced meme of the week
>>
>>78247610
most posters seem to be against diseny
>>
>>78247782
same with frozen
>>
>>78247845
When do you think they stepped over the line?
>>
>>78246004
>>78245274

Wait, Hateful Eight is Tortillas new movie? Wasn't Jango enough?

Fuck him. Now he knows what every foreign movie has been getting since reel to reel. You get bumped by the big boys. Have fun in the DVD bin at Walmart.
>>
>>78247834
I don't know, here what some of my fellow collage students say and whats on tumblr has me scared
>>
>>78247928
most people here are actually over 18 though, places like /mu/ have an abundant amount of teens
we can tell because of the way you write your posts faggot
>>
>>78247941
>pretending to morally superior.
I do not think that I am morally superior

In order for battle to start, there must be something that people would lose their shit over.
Something that people care about.

Otherwise, yeah, we bitch and complain, and the life goes on.

The saddest thing is that the real fights go between the scenes, and that it's usually one greedy corporation trying to eliminate another greedy corporation.

Sorry for sounding retarded. I do wonder what I can do myself.
>>
>>78247888
.......... they are ruining the animation industr
>>
>>78248082
Good thing I don't care about Quentin "cops are the alumni of Satan" Tarantino.
>>
>>78245274
>>78247834

I wonder what EAland would be like, you pay for your ride ,and then pay extra for saftey belts
>>
>>78248109
and neither do I. I do believe in the "I disagree with you, but I will defend your right to speech till death" thingy.
>>
File: behold.jpg (134 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
behold.jpg
134 KB, 1280x720
>>78245274
F I V E
I
V
E

M O R E
O
R
E

Y E A R S
E
A
R
S
>>
>>78248133
He still can make movies.
>>
>>78247561
Yeah a theater chain is gonna "choose" to not play any star wars movie not only causing them to lose millions but for their board of directors will fire the ceo who didn't "subcum".

>can't into reality
>>
>>78248165
And he probably will. Until Disney makes sure that no theater plays them, as a petty revenge for QT complaining. Because one thing that Disney should be known is that despite being business / corporation, they can be very petty.
>>
File: 1409896630221.png (38 KB, 302x300) Image search: [Google]
1409896630221.png
38 KB, 302x300
>>78247678
Take the jizz out of your ears.
>>
>>78248193
They wouldn't lose millions of dollars they already have, just miss out on the chance to earn millions.
>>
>>78248226
Which every person who knows economic 101
is considered in accounting as "opportunity cost"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opportunity_cost
>>
>>78245274
I wouldn't be surprised if Disney backs down with pressure from JJ and Bob Iger.
>>
>>78248194
Freedom of speech doesn't means that everyone has to listen to you.
>>
File: 1407727401807.jpg (22 KB, 272x285) Image search: [Google]
1407727401807.jpg
22 KB, 272x285
>>78248094
In what way? With the alleged awards rigging? Nigger the oscars don't matter in any fucking way besides mainstream attention, and Disney, being the largest animation company in the west for a long time already, will obviously be the one on the average normie's mind when they think of animation. There's already better awards shows for animation films/shows, ie the Annies or the Emmys
If anything they've innovated and contributed to the animation industry with their CG animation and the actual textures used in those films
Just because they're fucking some guy (who uh, by the way, is a live action director) over with ONE movie theatre out of some thousand doesn't mean they're ruining any animation industry at all
Also, making a few shitty superhero cartoons for children to sell toys isn't the end of the world, in fact that's how cartoons got by in the 1980's ;^)
>>
>>78248306
But it doesn't mean that I should be silenced down either. You're free to ignore me and move on onto topics that you prefer more.
>>
>>78248317
>the oscars don't matter
Well, the figurine looks nice. And it's shiny.
>>
File: youllhavetotellmewhatitslike.jpg (33 KB, 400x390) Image search: [Google]
youllhavetotellmewhatitslike.jpg
33 KB, 400x390
>>78248226
No they will lose millions due to operation costs as everyone goes to other theaters to see Star Wars and their theaters remain empty.
>>
>>78248317
the oscars might not matter for live action films, but they do for animation, branding
>>
>>78248317
>If anything they've innovated and contributed to the animation industry with their CG animation and the actual textures used in those films

how? are we just going to ignore jurassic park and avatar?
>>
>>78246062
I still like disnazi because femnazis usually worship diseny.
>>
File: 1419008604856.jpg (9 KB, 303x276) Image search: [Google]
1419008604856.jpg
9 KB, 303x276
>>78248362
For mainstream branding, of course. I will say that the Oscars commitee is mainly to blame, mainly because they only go see the big Disney movie because that's what their kid watched and they didn't bother watching the other movies, like what happened with Frozen 2 years ago

>>78248395
Do you have little to no self awareness of what we're discussing? We're discussing animated films right now you absolute twat, not live action films with CGI work in them. CGI in live action and fully CGI films are different in their own ways
I won't even bother arguing with you anymore since it's very clear that you have an extremely weak argument against them. Also
>jurassic park and avatar
>thinking those are the pinnacle of CGI in films when we've had the two mo-cap planet of the apes come out in the past 5 years with the latest installment looking more impressive than the next
>>
>>78248607
*more impressive than the last
>>
>>78245274
This is nothing.

You want really corruption? Look up the wage-fixing cartel Ed Catmull and Pixar were running with Disney, Dreamworks, BlueSky and Lucasfilm.
>>
>>78248658
This anon has the right idea
This should be the focus of OP's "didney ruinin the animation industry" argument rather than the fact that they cvcked over Tarantulino and some shit Marvel cartoons
>>
>>78248658
And this is finally a quality post, and for that it was worth staying here.
>>
>>78248658
There were a lot of threads about this at the time.
>>
>>78248701
op here, i did say > and after everything they've already done,
>>
>>78248701
>>78248710
See: >>78248712

Plenty of people already know about it.

One thing at a time.
>>
>>78248607
or last year, or brave
>>
>>78248732
Well, I for one didn't know it, and I'm going to educate myself about that soon.
>>
>>78248732
>>78248755
this is why bitching is important
>>
>>78248725
this >>78245463 was your entire agument so far
do you have any other reprehensible things that disney's done besides the wage-fixing with other companies?
>>
Can someone post a tl;dw on the video for people on phones

Hard to get mad about something you can't see
>>
so how many clickbait diseny princesses art reimagined as x did you find on your facebook ?
>>
>>78245501
I thought he meant who gives a fuck about Quentin Tarantino.
>>
>>78248358
You can't lose what you never had in the first place.
>>
>>78248810
You don't care about yourself either, then. He gets fucked? You CERTAINLY get fucked.

And you didn't fight for him, so why should any of us fight for you?

Golden rule. Learn it.
>>
Corporations have been shit-eating scum for over 100 years, and the general public never seems to give enough of a shit to do anything about it.

I don't see how this will be any different
>>
>>78248873
You're right, I should just walk into the Walt Disney Company, find Bob Iger, and demand he allow Tarantino to show his film in a theater in a city, in a state, miles away from where I live. Then Tarantino and all of you anons will fix all of my life problems too, cause that's how stuff works.
>>
>>78248945
I hope that you don't expect an overnight revolution, especially in time for christmas.

Remember that corporations didn't care for the environment. They still don't, but now it's a good PR for them to be environment-friendly.

The same with ethics. At some point, when enough people will talk about these things, it will be better for PR to be the "ethical" corporations. I am simplifying the subject for the sake of not writing a wall of text.
>>
>>78248996
Read the rest of the thread, you defeatist fuck.

Jesus.
>>
File: qtarantino012408.jpg (42 KB, 359x269) Image search: [Google]
qtarantino012408.jpg
42 KB, 359x269
mmmmmm UNO FARTO
Based desu
>>
Look, everyone.

Look at this thread.

None of this evil shit would be possible there weren't so fucking many of you just laying back and accepting it. Accepting it vocally.

Holy shit. Is this real life? You think you're laying some mad knowledge on us? Telling us about the dog eat dog world? Again, YOU let the world happen. It's a group effort, you fuckballs.
>>
>>78249007
>I hope that you don't expect an overnight revolution, especially in time for christmas.
I'm more or less saying that based on the general public and how brain dead they are to stuff like this, yet for some reason they magnetize right to stuff like Kony 2012.
>>
>>78249046
>Holy shit. Is this real life?
Yes, it is. Are you a 16 year old high schooler who is finding out this kind of shit for the first time? It really sounds like it.
>>
>>78249050
It's always a danger, which is why people should have opened eyes.

Another thing to point out is that not so long ago Volkswagen had a scandal that ended rather poorly for the company's image and their place in the market.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_emissions_scandal

So yes, it is possible to affect corporations, albeit it takes time and effort.
>>
File: 1447570101501.jpg (50 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1447570101501.jpg
50 KB, 600x400
>This one assblasted anon thinks getting mad on /co/ and "educating" people will stop corruption forever

How's your first semester in college? Choose Poli-Sci as a major because your English teacher "opened your eyes to the truth?"
>>
File: 1200.jpg (249 KB, 1200x840) Image search: [Google]
1200.jpg
249 KB, 1200x840
>>78249084
>Volkswagen had a scandal that ended rather poorly for the company's image and their place in the market.
Pft, we know the real story.
>>
>>78248769
there are loads of examples, to pull one out of a hat they destroyed lucasarts games.

>>78248658
this guy has another
>>
>>78249077
I've been asked this already once in the thread.

We got it.

This is the only rebuttal you and your kin can come up with in your pudding little heads.

We fucking got it.

Say something else.
>>
>>78249133
It's not a rebuttal, it's a question which you seem keen on not answering.
>>
>>78249046
actually no there were threads everywhere
>>
>>78249146
Admitting to being underage is a bannable offense.
>>
File: Wa18sN5[1].jpg (1 MB, 2000x3000) Image search: [Google]
Wa18sN5[1].jpg
1 MB, 2000x3000
>>78245274
A daily reminder
>>
>>78249088
I don't have to educate anyone, all they have to do is deside for themselves,
>>
>>78249242
And most people don't give a shit about a mildly scummy but legal situation Disney did to Quentin.
>>
>>78249273
37 posters
>>
>>78249146
It's your weak rebuttal. Same interchangeable shit as "Are you retarded or something?"
>>
>>78249222
I really wonder, how they always manage to amass so much of the power. It's like no one else is allowed to be a ceo of a major corporation.
>>
>>78249222
I've never understood this connection between gayness being a jewish plot..?

Call me old fashioned, but it all just seems sorta random what we're poopooing here.
>>
>>78249301
Just answer the fucking question. I find it hard to believe a grown man is discovering this kind of corporate activity for the first time and is seriously this distraught over it.
>>
>government tries to limit unethical business practices by legislation
>americans throw a bitchfit because "muh big gubbment"
>corporations keep screwing americans over
>small minority thinks bitching even harder will change anything
lel these threads are gold
>>
>>78249354
Not answering the question seems to piss you off, though.

Why would I give that up?
>>
>>78249369
If you're trying to make us side with your opinion, why would you want to piss us off even more? It's just making you come off as immature and annoying, which is further supporting your radical revolution mindset towards this news.
>>
File: 1446760063406.gif (408 KB, 306x360) Image search: [Google]
1446760063406.gif
408 KB, 306x360
>>78249369
thanks for confirming this thread is just shitposting
>>
>209 posts
>37 posters
surprised /pol/ hasn't come in to yell about muh jews
>>
File: xER1CnD.jpg (125 KB, 545x768) Image search: [Google]
xER1CnD.jpg
125 KB, 545x768
I don't give a fuck about Tarantino, but I really just hate what Disney is today.

Here is this venerated animation studio which has defined an entire industry in a cultural powerhouse, and instead continuing to be a pioneer in its field, it stagnates on safe options that cannibalize its own IPs and takes over others instead of innovating when funds aren't high enough.

This has contributed to the growing infantilization of a legitimate narrative medium in the US, and that's a saddening thing to see.

The only way to stop this is not to play the game. Don't waste money on any of this new Disney shit. Pirate TFA. Find better movies/comics and spend on those.

And that's the point in telling other people as well about Disney's shortcomings. The entertainment industry is directly powered by consumerism. If enough people don't spend enough money, it's going to hurt all the way up to the top.
>>
>>78246046
>>78246062
>>78246125
>>78246148
>>78246170
>>78246191
>>78246322
>>78246388
>>78246456
>>78247047
>>78247066
allright out of those, what should be the word for disney fantaics or disney fundamentalists?
>>
>>78249647
>The only way to stop this is not to play the game. Don't waste money on any of this new Disney shit. Pirate TFA. Find better movies/comics and spend on those.
This is the hardest part for some people for some reason.
>>
>>78249677
DISIS
or
Daisies
>>
File: cutemad.jpg (11 KB, 151x124) Image search: [Google]
cutemad.jpg
11 KB, 151x124
Quentin's a whiny bitch. Contracts get broken all the time. There are provisions for breaking the contract like a penalty or fee that the one breaking it has to deal with. I hope Disney buys Weinstein's film company so they can own The Hateful Eight and lock it in the Disney Vault with Song of the South and that film about menstruation.
>>
>>78249707
DIDF pls go
>>
File: Im not happy bob 1.jpg (2 KB, 126x95) Image search: [Google]
Im not happy bob 1.jpg
2 KB, 126x95
>>78249707
bob what did we already tell you>>78247926
>>
>>78249767
Disney is love. Disney is life. Have you accepted Disney into your heart? Don't fight Disney. Be Disney.
>>
>>78249833
and just like that we see even more prove that diseny has been plagiarising dreamworks for the last 5 years
>>
>>78249677
>>78249700

Torn between Disnazi, DISIS, disnouches and disneybags.
>>
>>78249889
Why not choosing all, and using it depending on the circumstances?
>>
File: H9Dj40T.jpg (42 KB, 271x412) Image search: [Google]
H9Dj40T.jpg
42 KB, 271x412
>>78249679
It's really an unhealthy relationship if you think hard enough about it.

You've got someone who seemed to be your everything, who did so much right for you and respected you. Showed you the world, so to speak.

Then that person, all of a sudden, starts treating you like shit. Slapping you around, insulting your intelligence, and insisting you get him what he wants. When you hesitate or refuse, he just reminds you about the good old days. You remember those and want more, and do what he asks.

As time goes on, you get even less respect. You start to latch onto even the smallest reminders of what you had before, and convince yourself nothing's happened. When you get really close to leaving, you find that he's also adopted some kids. You wouldn't want them to turn out badly, would you? If something bad happens to him...they're at risk now. Let's just stay together.
>>
>>78249928
In many way it's a drug dealer - junkie relationship.
You had this corporation that is throwing scraps, and audience is very grateful for it, because they're too afraid of finding an alternative.
>>
File: Disnempire.jpg (2 MB, 1160x4590) Image search: [Google]
Disnempire.jpg
2 MB, 1160x4590
>>78249679
It actually is pretty hard to do, all things considered.

I'm just glad I don't have TV.

>>78249963
Also an apt comparison.
>>
>>78249677
Does it have to be a derivative of the word 'Disney'? "Mousefags" seems like the most natural choice, even if it does have a slightly more furry connotation.
>>
This is the most autistic thread I've seen in a while.
>>
>>78250032
>I'm just glad I don't have TV.
Heh, I don't have tv since like, 2009?
But even then, I mostly watched news, some sports, and sitcoms. Very rarely I could find a good movie, except late hours.
>>
>>78250036
Mousefags is also a good idea. Mouse alone is often used as a pejorative word to describe Disney.

Jesus christ, I didn't realize before that there are so many possibilities of derivatives when it comes to Disney
>>
>>78250115
so I guess, you liked it?
>>
>41 posters
>230 replies
For fucks sake, /co/
>>
>>78250158
Mousists, Mousilums, Mousilics, mousetards, mousebags mouseres
>>
>>78250388
I like Mouslims.
>>
File: maha_stop_posting.jpg (323 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maha_stop_posting.jpg
323 KB, 1280x720
>this whole thread
>>
>>78250427
the only thing is if it does take off the media will make it look like anyone who uses that term will be islamifobic
>>
>>78250474
Jawohl Disnazi
>>
File: BOB!.jpg (5 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
BOB!.jpg
5 KB, 259x194
>>78247926
>>78249767
>>78250115
>>78250263
>>78249707
>>78250474

Dammit bob!
>>
Posting in an ebin /tv/ thread! :DDDDDD
>>
>>78245641
They illegally gauged the wages of there employees. Those are thosuands of lives directly affected
>>
>>78248043

Here on /co/ we've stared at the creature for so long we learned to submit. But submission is not enough it must be love.

Thus, /co/ is love.
>>
File: zx4c0O9AX56o.840x0.Vdef9Kkm.jpg (75 KB, 840x525) Image search: [Google]
zx4c0O9AX56o.840x0.Vdef9Kkm.jpg
75 KB, 840x525
>>78248132

... And you have to pay to leave.
>>
>>78248358
>>78248226

This. On the individual theater level none o them is going to pass on a blockbuster legacy like star wars for another R-rated yank over film nostalgia from attention.
>>
>>78249046
>so fucking many of you just laying back and accepting it
I have to agree with an anon who spoke earlier in the thread, this is stuff I can't be fucked with.
Regardless of your raving I genuinely hate to perpetuate the catalyst of negligence but it's been a thing long before I was around to have it taught to me.
My family's going through some physical and mental health issues right now and to suddenly invest myself in what? Fucking Disney? Sounds more responsible to you? Do you know what real life is? It's not your small smoke and and thunder vendetta with the entertainment industry.

Fuck them, fuck this but fuck you. I can bet your whole bank account everyone in here will be in the grave while they're still up and running whether or not any of us or all of us get loud about it. I'm not saying anyone should just give up, that's their choice, but anyone who thinks it's "happening" or happened because people are giving up or because no one's trying doesn't understand a fucking thing.

Disney doesn't get to do what they want because no one's speaking up, it's from the sheer fucking fact they're already in a position to do what they want. No amount of frustration is going to take that from them, they've built i up over life times.
>You let the world happen
Bullshit you narrowminded cunt. You can deflect and project all you like to feel you're fighting some part of Disney through us but just like the people you think are doing nothing, you're getting nothing done ranting on 4chan. In the end you just want to feel better about it. You're worse than the people who accept their futility because you're deceitful and delusional about it. You are not going to do a fucking thing today, tomorrow and every day until you move on to something else to bitch about and you know it, just cut the bullshit, fast forward and spare us.
>>
>>78251360
Anon, I care about your pain. Just say it.
>>
>>78251455
If it's about my muffled cry for help on family problems, thank you for the offer but that's just something I will have to deal with on my own eventually between offhandedly bringing it up therapeutically to whoever's in earshot.
However I'm never going to directly shovel the blame itself on nameless, faceless people for my misfortunes and frustrations just for a quick sense of indignation. That doesn't solve a damn thing.

And that's the sort of thing I've had to reflect on lately to deal with real life avalanching on me, how much any person can realistically do anything about in one lifetime. I don't expect anyone to solve my problems or all the world's problems at that.

Now, apathetically not caring about anything or anyone is a problem, I recognize that, but it's as much a problem as aimlessly assuming anyone in arm's reach is accountable for whatever's bothering a person one week or the next.

A directionless call to run in circles just so the person in front can feel they lead something even if it goes nowhere is the sort of pathological impulsiveness I've found causes people the most issues. Your health and mind suffer from habits like that.

In summary to call up a lump of 45 anonymous posters on the comics and cartoons board assuming the power lies in their hands is the sort of thing that's really bullshit behavior, and the bias behind it is especially disgusting. Someone like Quentin can speak up and only speaks up when they're hurting personally otherwise Disney's not a problem.
But as soon as Quentin "just learns something that pisses him off" because Disney is too high in their ivory tower to talk down to a certain kind of asshole seems to think making strangers their scapegoat is perfectly acceptable and not at all the exact sort of dismissive, manipulative, sociopathy the corporations they supposedly take issue with show when their sense of satisfaction comes at the expense of others.

Corporate or common man, fuck that kind of person.
>>
>>78249677
>>78250158
>>78250388
>>78250427
alright, so disnazis, Disis, Disnouces, mousilums, diseid, mousetards, mousefags?
>>
>>78245274
If you lived in Anaheim you'd know how frightening they can be and what a tight grip the hold on the city.

Hell they make the convention center cancel events that they think will interfere with their interests, they own the mayor and every important decision making politician, you cannot fuck with the mouse.
>>
>>78247643
Underated post
>>
>>78253183
Disneyland is still Goat
>>
>>78253183
Same thing applies to Orlando with stuff like Reedy Creek. It's insane.

I read in Anaheim they have building restrictions because Disney doesn't want tall buildings to interfere with the view you get at Disneyland. In their defense, I don't blame them for trying to impose that on the city. At Epcot, you can see the Swan and Dolphin hotel, and it's an ugly eyesore that messes with the immersion. When they built the Tower of Terror at MGM Studios, they specifically built the back of it differently because you could see it behind the Morocco Pavilion.
>>
>>78245274
>Disney lawyers are psychopath
What's the news you want people to talk about?
>>
File: disney product.jpg (4 KB, 93x210) Image search: [Google]
disney product.jpg
4 KB, 93x210
>>78246426
>>78246566
here is proof that diseny flatout buys their oscars.
>>
>>78253278
They have that law too in Anaheim at least from a certain distance to the park you can't do that shit, but then again none of our buildings are that high.

Also recently there was a scandal brcause they were paying the Anaheim PD to steal shit from homeless people in order to make them move out of the streets so you had homeless people claiming that the police would go and take their sweaters and bags of food, medicine, and other shit there are even videos of the cops doing it.

They were also closing down homeless shelters too, like they really don't want them being in the city.

And there are laws against doing that but you know they don't give a fuck, hell they even forced Anaheim to reimburse them for entertainment taxes they payed in the past which they don't pay anymore and made it so that in return Disneyland would expand the park nd that somehow was for Anaheim's benefit, lol.

Also if you get sexually harassed or get the visitors hot and bothered, especially when you're playing a face character in Disneyland, then you're fired. Suprisingly from what I've seen most of the victims of this rule are men because thirsty bitches can't get their hands off Jack Sparrows, there was an incident where a woman humped a Jack Sparrow's leg too but the actor didn’t report it.
>>
>>78253787
I really think it's because Disney has a long term plan to buy out every business and property within a mile or two radius (or more) within Disneyland. They're up to something.
>>
>>78245274
>ctrl+F "Dingus"
>ctrl+f "big black"
>0 results
Cuck can get fucked imo, I hope he loses a lot of money on H8ful8
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.