[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>immune to diseases and poisons like alcohol >immune to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 195
Thread images: 17
>immune to diseases and poisons like alcohol
>immune to aging or at least really long-lived
>heals faster than any man
>throws motorcycles like golf balls and catches cars
>dents metal with his punches
>runs as fast as modern cars
>withstands insane amounts of tasing
>Peak Human
>Peak
>Human

Is it really that big of a problem to say a fucking SUPER-Soldier is SUPERhuman? Why is marvel so obssessed with pushing this "peak human" bullshit to even more ridiculous levels than DC?
>>
Humans can do that. At our peak
>>
>>78244980
I'd let cap lead me
>>
>>78244990
Can a human stop a helicopter that's taking off?
>>
>>78244990
sure we can buddy. kung fu training is all it takes to becomes immune to the plague and a little iron pumping is all it takes to catch a 3-ton jeep mid-air
>>
>>78245004
He doesn't, just stalls it. There's a scene earlier in the trailer where he's on the ground next to the wrecked chopper.
>>
>>78245020
so he's not clark kent, great. there's a whole spectrum of superhuman out there
>>
maybe it's not peak human as in what we can do now but peak human as in what we'll be able to do a thousand years from now? but then it's still super-powered compared to today...
>>
>>78245004
If you has told me a few years ago the cap movies would be the second-best part of the MCU...
>>
>>78244980
You are mixing like 3 different versions of the character.
>>
>>78245084
How? Those are all things he does in the movies, and if he's doing that in the movies i'm sure he's doing even more ridiculous things in the comics beacuse comics.
>>
>>78245005
>kung fu training is all it takes to becomes immune to the plague
Of course, we've known this for centuries. But then a few skeptical hack "scientists" come along and all of a sudden millennia worth of study by Asian philosophers and spiritualists is "oriental mumbo jumbo"
>>
>>78245062
Or peak in the sense it's our entire body running at 100% which no one has or will ever be able to do.
>>
>>78245126
There's actually a character in the comics called MVP who becomes cap-level by...check this out...following a brazilian diet. I shit you not. Anyone got that recipe?
>>
>>78245115
>>throws motorcycles like golf balls and catches cars

No, he doesnt.

>>78244980
>>runs as fast as modern cars
He doesnt run at 250 km/h m8. Just as in the comics he is around 80 km/h in that escene, and the whole poison and diseases are not in the movies.
>>
>>78245179
I don't know, even if you factor in adrenaline for insane surges of strength, those people who lift cars often break their vertebrae or tear their muscles, there's a reason why it's a last ditch surge
>>
>>78245186
I think he needs to follow an exercise regiment too.
And now he's dead.
>>
>>78245206
Often... But not always?
>>
>>78245186
>MVP

Just like Batman and in a sense like black batman m8. Also 616 WAS peak human, and then got 2 different small power boost. Ultimate cap and MCU are really low tier superhuman, but they are superhuman.
>>
>>78245207
He still has around a half-dozen clones running around, including a few with his memories and one living a normal life with his parents as though nothing ever happened.
>>
>>78245195
uh, yes he does, he throws a bike and catches a car in avengers. in First Avenger he specifically says he is immune to alcohol. also red skull, who is his equivalent, bends metal multiple times
>>
>>78245226
>uh, yes he does, he throws a bike
A bike that was in mid air and in movement
>and catches a car in avengers.
When? He holds a car, he didnt cath any.And that's something Strongmen can do
>in First Avenger he specifically says he is immune to alcohol.
How does that means "inmune to poison", the guy is fucking irish, a peak irish is pretty much the perfect drunk.
>>
>>78245206
To be fair those surges are with muscle they don't have and all that shit.
There are people who can lift a shit ton of weight without killing their bodies as well.
Cap is theoretically like any ultimate tier athlete sans any drawback from natural living coupled with benefits with crossovers of his other heightened abilities.
>>
>>78244980
There are a handful of peak humans out there in the world right now and if you see a fraction of the shitt hey can do you will drop to your knees and start worshipping them as gods. The thing is the ones that are controlling the planet have been brainwashing the population for centuries to make us easier to control. They also destroyed most written knowledge of how humans can reach peak status so when the population hears about certain things happening they laugh it off as exaggerations.
>>
>>78245241
And he gets tired at a slower pace and recovers faster.
>>
Here's how it goes.

616 Cap is peak human, which translates to "He's in as good as shape as Batman". He has a few impressive feats on ocassion, but he's mostly relegated to martial artist action hero pontificator.

Ultimate universe rolls around. This Cap is incredibly buff. He can fight the Hulk one on one, and he can throw a tank at him. He's well past human, but he's also a huge asshole, because it's the Ultimate universe.

MCU starts and it's taking cues from the ultimate universe. For Cap, they go with a middle ground. You see him do stuff that's definitely more than "can place gold in every olympic event". He's no Hulk, but he's definitely more than a Batman.

Avengers happens. Whedon didn't get the memo and makes Cap action hero martial artist pontificator like the comics, does it poorly. Winter Soldier corrects that hard and makes Cap into a total beast who now doesn't need parachutes and is just fucking stronk.

Meanwhile, Captain America has been out of commission for ages, made all old to make room for FalCap. That's not going to last forever though, of course, so probably around the time that the Civil War movie comes out--my guess is right in the middle of the Civil War II event--Steve will get the serum back, and he'll get an extra strong dose, one that'll make him look even younger than before, and it's going to bring his power level in line with the MCU movies, because the comics always reflect the movies, plus he really needs it.
>>
>>78245206
Those strongmen that lift cars and pull trucks don't suffer from that. Strength training + technique.
>>
>>78245251
Pretty much this, but while batman has to use bullshit chink stuff like chi to heal faster the serum does give some extra regeneration and can eat like a normal people instead of eating special diets.
>>
>>78245240
jesus christ, there's a difference when a strongman is pulling like a truck that's on the ground for a few meters with supreme effort and hold an actual car whose front is dangling in the air.

also kek but alcohol IS a poison
>>
>>78245186
>he was forced to register because of it
>>
>>78244980
Cap is without a doubt superhuman.
>>
allright, let's focus it then.

>You ran like 13 miles in 30 minutes
-Falcon

olympic sprinters that can beat this. not marathon runners, sprinters. someone calculate that shit and see how fast that in a 100 meter dash
>>
>>78245272
>also kek but alcohol IS a poison

And is not anthrax.
And he didnt catch the car in mid air. The HOLD IT. And then the car fell.
>>
>>78245308
I don't get what you're trying to say.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2E1mLUrBdY

This is not a possible feat for a human to do and hardly breaking a sweat.
>>
>>78245308
That's 40 kilometers per hour, faster than modern humans, but still not a fucking modern car. And is a pretty good number for what a peak human can be, the stamina of a marathon runner and faster than sprinters.
>>
>>78245354

Actually Falcon is running at 13 km/h, and Cap is around 30 km/hour. Still well beyond peak human limits.
>>
>>78245308
>someone calculate that shit and see how fast that in a 100 meter dash
*autism.jpg*
1 mile = 1,60934 km
13 miles = 20,92142 km = 20921,42 m
30 min = 1800 sec
20921,42/1800 = 11,6230(1) m/sec
100/11,6230 = 8,60 sec
>>
>>78245251
hey i agree man, i like strong cap, just hate all this bullshit about how he's basically an olympic athlete in every discipline when he's obviously not
>>
>>78244980
Did they ever say he's merely a peak human in the movies? I thought the peak human thing only applied to 616 Steve, as his "only superpower" is that he doesn't produce lactic acid anymore.
>>
>>78245308
Bolt's top speed is about 45 km/h
13 miles are about 21 km
Cap ran 13 miles in 30 minutes. Which is 21+21=42 km/h

So the worlds fastest man can run at similar speed for 100 meters. Cap can run at that speed for 21000 meters. And he was hardly even tired afterwords.

Not humanly possible.
>>
>>78245357
and factor in cap's not kenyan and wasn't even trying, clearly superhuamn
>>
>>78245004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQGMhhizbzE
Each of the weights are 300 kilos.
>>
>>78245357
Remember that what you saw in that scene pretty much was Cap's version of a morning jog.
>>
>>78245265
> but while batman has to use bullshit chink stuff like chi to heal faster the serum does give some extra regeneration and can eat like a normal people instead of eating special diets.

Wat? Cap doesn't have a healing factor. Marvel is just retarded when it comes to people recovering from injuries. They had Hawkeye gunned down in a hail of bullets and he was back to fighting form in 6 weeks.
>>
>>78245313
what don't you get here? when you push/pull something, it requires less strength than when you hold/lift it. strongmen can't hold a car that's falling down into the abyss. i can push a fucking car for awhile too
>>
File: 283617531.gif (2 MB, 391x220) Image search: [Google]
283617531.gif
2 MB, 391x220
>>78245397
No, they never say if he's peak or super in the movies.

I think it's pretty obvious he's superhuman in the Russo directed movies. No way in hell a human could stop a moving helicopter or survive 5 shots in the stomach and getting punched in the face repeatedly by a metal arm. He didn't even pass out after Bucky pummeled him into oblivion, a normal human would get brain damage from that.
>>
>>78244980
Batman does this shit all the time. Read some comics newfag.
>>
>>78245428
He heals FASTER, that's canon. Batman does the same, that doesnt mean it's a power, is just that by rules of that universe you can train yourself to heal faster.
>>78245424
Yeah, and he is around 80 km/h max in the Civil war trailer.
>>
>>78245445
They also show Winter Soldier's arm cracking pavement earlier in the movie, Cap's head should be crushed after repeatedly getting punched like that.
>>
>>78245454
>He heals FASTER, that's canon.

What part of Marvel is retarded with people's healing don't you get?

Hawkeye was back to top shape 6 weeks after pic related. That's Hawkeye, the man who's only real power was years of practice and training with a bow. And yes one of those shots is clearly straight through his chest.
>>
>>78245439
You claimed he "catched" the car, and that's bullshit.
>>
>>78245408
1. the helicopter is taking off, that takes significantly more strength to hold it
2. pretty sure it's heavier than 600 kilos
>>
>>78245475
well, i don't know how much weight the wiki carries here, but apparently ultimate cap does have a healing facot and this is what it says for 616 cap

Peak Human Healing: Rogers' healing speed and efficiency is at the highest limits of human potential, which means he can heal faster than most humans. The white blood cells (WBCs) and the SSS in his body are efficient enough to fight off any microbe, foreign body and others from his body keeping him healthy and immune to all infections, diseases and disorders, also Rogers cannot become intoxicated by alcohol, drugs, or impurities in the air and is immune to terrestrial diseases. He is also immune to hypnosis or gases that could limit his focus. He is genetically perfect
>>
>Peak Human
>not a super power
IT'S A FUCKING SUPER POWER SHIT FOR BRAINS
You get the strength of those big ass weight lifters while your running speed and agility is of Olympic athletes, Cap gets all the buffs without suffering draw backs to his other skills.
That is impossible for people unless it's a super power
>>
>>78245497

That makes no sense considering he fucking got poisoned in http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2013/03/21/abandoned-love-is-captain-america-super-strong-or-what/
>>
>>78245242
dude you're like the weirdest consiracy theorist i've met yet.
>>
>>78245004
https://youtu.be/pqC-FlRePYc
>>
>>78245524
people keep saying that, but the fact is movie cap at least can exceed olympic athletes without even trying. considering the obvious influences of the ultimate verse in the mcu i'd say this version is low-level superhuman
>>
>>78245445
How do you know?
>>
>>78245564
no bullshit, that's extremely impressive. now have him do it with one hand
>>
File: cap approve.jpg (9 KB, 236x320) Image search: [Google]
cap approve.jpg
9 KB, 236x320
>>78245448
Batman can do everything since he has the biggest plot armor in the industry. Cap is the freaking stronk
>>
>>78245242
I like you
>>
File: Poe.jpg (88 KB, 712x556) Image search: [Google]
Poe.jpg
88 KB, 712x556
>>78245251
>talking about ultimate cap as if he still exists

Anon, i..
>>
>>78245570
Why wouldn't a peak human be able to exceed olympic athletes without trying?
>>
>>78245570
yeah Cap is a enhanced human, I guessing MCU term for peak human is more of ideal human
>>
>>78245490
>that takes significantly more strength to hold it
He doesnt need to hold it, he needs to change the center of gravity of it
>>
>>78245632
Yes, but most olympic tier (Daredevil, Nightwing) can already do that aside from strenght.
>>
>>78245632
>PEAK HUMAN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aT_NQVc6bc
>>
>>78245657
Okay? And?
>>
>>78245635

>>78245445 here says they never once say he's peak in MCU. I'd have to rewatch both cap movies and avengers just to be sure but I'll have to agree that they never say the exact words.
>>
>>78245682
you see no problem with him launching a man 20 meters into the air with one hand as an after-thought after breaking the metal latch of a tank then proceeding to hulk-jump away from an explosion? humans can do that? strongmen can do that?
>>
>>78245709
I think the problem here is people mistakenly think that MCU cap is only peak human given that the term has been a descriptor for 616 cap for ages.
>>
>>78245709
>you see no problem with him launching a man 20 meters into the air with one hand as an after-thought after breaking the metal latch of a tank then proceeding to hulk-jump away from an explosion? humans can do that? strongmen can do that?

Normal people can do that in action movies,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbnGA8uu8T0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEt4B1poOfM

Also those are not 20 meters
>>
>>78245709
No, not really. I sure humans are capable of a lot of shit we'll never achieve due to tons of limitations getting in our way. I mean those strong men probably aren't even near peak strength let alone peak overall ability.
>>
>>78245632
Because olympic athletes push their bodies to the limit of what is possible to exceed in their specific field. Like getting the perfect physicality for jumping high, or running fast for specific distances. You can't have a body that's perfect for everything. Like, compare the physicality of long distance runners, short distance, and wrestling. A olympic wrestler is probably faster than your average joe, but they can not compete with olympic marathon runners in their specific field. And vice versa.
>>
>>78245774
Exactly. Cap has the perfect physicality for everything so he isn't held back by the limitations that they encounter.
>>
>>78245657
better awesome cap scenes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv9V7bFvCi8
>>
>>78245796
But that's not how biology works.
>>
>>78245709
>humans can do that?

Fiction Humans can. Just likes crabs can't sing but fictional crabs can.
>>
>>78245802
It's a comic book.
Frankly I don't even need to argue the idea that we don't even scratch human peak and probably never will, I could just say that the movies and comics just illustrate their idea of peak human ability therefore it's peak human ability still.
Also MCU characters seem much more durable than actual people anyways otherwise Tony Stark should've died when he was testing his suit or atleast hospitalized.
>>
>>78245798
Why is MCU Cap so perfect?

I really hope Civil War is good too, then it would be the perfect trilogy. Yes, I loved Cap 1 too.
>>
>>78244980
'Peak human' in this context does not mean peak human in the sense of a consummate Olympian sportsman or Batman. It means as efficient and powerful as the human frame can be without being significantly altered on a genetic scale, suped up by cybernetics, or enhanced by magic/cosmic shenanigans.

Cap IS superhuman. He has always been superhuman, even in the comics. His muscles are denser than a mundane human's can be, his rhythmic and nervous systems more efficient, etc. He's the best model of a human being you can get before you start to depart significantly from being 'human'. He doesn't have a magical genetic marker put there by aliens that makes him invulnerable, or a nanomachine weave, or radiactive spider venom reassembling his DNA into something beyond human. He has his human traits pumped up as far as they can go without something drastic like the prior examples.
>>
File: 1440790124540.jpg (156 KB, 438x637) Image search: [Google]
1440790124540.jpg
156 KB, 438x637
>>78245798
>those TWS fight scenes
I'm glad the same choreographers/stunt team worked on Civil War too.
>>
>>78245240
it's less that he;s immune to alcohol and more that he metabolizes it to quickly to get drunk.

Im no biochemist, but I'm sure there are some poisons and toxins that would fuck that situation right up.
>>
>>78245837
>their idea of peak human ability therefore it's peak human ability still

I don't agree. Calling it "peak human ability" indicates that it's irl peak human ability. If they said that it's "peak human ability in the MCU", it would be a completely different thing.
>>
>>78245078
What's the best? The first Iron Man movie?
>>
>>78245850
i loved cap one too, especially when he's still skinny and jumps on the grenade and when he captures the flag. he's the perfect mix of 616 personality and Ultimate awesome fighting prowess
>>
>>78245909
Ultimately they've only ever been referring to it in the context of the comics or movies so "in the MCU" is technically implied.
>>
>>78245917
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxRKwKJI_uI

This might be my favorite scene in the entire MCU so far. I feel like Cap 1 is really underrated.
>>
>>78245910
no i stil like both of the avengers movies best. then cap movies, then iron man movies, then thor movies. GotG was fun but i'm talking about the core team here
>>
>>78245937
See
>>78244990
>>
>>78245850
>why is MCU cap so perfect?

drugs
>>
>>78245947
The first half of Cap 1 was great. Too bad the second half manage to completely ruin it.
>>
>>78245876
>still half a year away

why, God?
>>
>>78245958
I doubt that's from the movies or comics.
>>
I've always, and by always I mean before the MCU, seen Cap as peak human in the sense of the best our base genetics can become if we carefully handle it and breed ourself to our peak.

He's faster than any sprinter currently born, and stronger than any strongman born, except for the occasional genetic aberration that pops up who somehow lucked out.

To be better than him we'd need an entirely other biological set-up like added shrimp genes or some shit, and/or implants, and at that point we wouldn't be anything close to human any more.
>>
File: smile how cute.gif (157 KB, 500x197) Image search: [Google]
smile how cute.gif
157 KB, 500x197
>>78245798
>tws
MAXIMUM HNNNNNG
>>78245657
>cap putting out the enemy before he throw a grenade in the tank
>>
>tfw even mainstream fags are finally realizing Cap is the best avenger

What a time to be alive, lads
>>
>>78246000
Sorry. I thought you meant referring to it itt.
>>
File: captain america in a nutshell.jpg (39 KB, 381x366) Image search: [Google]
captain america in a nutshell.jpg
39 KB, 381x366
>>78245947
the problem with cap 1 is that Hydra doesnt really do anything,they are just in the way so when the movie stop bulding up cap and focus on them its become eh.i still like this movie
>>
>>78246014
>and at that point we wouldn't be anything close to human any more.
How can it be called "peak human" if we are not human any more?
>>
>>78246031
They only care about Captain Chris, really. He's just so adorable.

Most casuals would find comics Cap annoyingly inconsistent and sanctimonious.
>>
>>78246065
I'm so ashamed about the sperg rage i threw when they first cast evans. He's great. And yeah, movie Cap really is more humble than the comic Cap
>>
File: jawline of freedom.jpg (425 KB, 1000x1432) Image search: [Google]
jawline of freedom.jpg
425 KB, 1000x1432
>>78245975
No, I think it's because of Chris Evans.
>>
>>78246031
>Thirsty movie goes
>Cap is the biggest drink of water
>>
File: freedom prevails.png (13 KB, 745x337) Image search: [Google]
freedom prevails.png
13 KB, 745x337
>>78246031
It's great, isn't it?
>>
>>78246060
No I meant the ones going beyond Cap's capabilites with mutations and spliced genes being the non-human ones.

Cap is the ultimate form of the human body's potential future, all the good genes without the bad ones and whatever. People who splice in other genes and get bionic implants to fast-track that future give up the peak human designation.
>>
>>78246210
>Falcon 0.0%

i mean everyone gives hawkeye shit but he has even less reason to be there
>>
>>78246192
is movie cap hunkier than movie thor? i'd say yes
>>
File: cap bucky.jpg (59 KB, 750x425) Image search: [Google]
cap bucky.jpg
59 KB, 750x425
>>78246065
give this kirby run and tell them to shut up.brubaker isnt bad too but i found myself caring more for the vilains than the heroes.
>>78246134
cartoon Cap is pretty great too
>>
>>78246348
Definitely.

Movie Thor a shit. He's attractive sure, but he has no charm.
>>
>>78246409
Movie Thor is pretty good, his films are just disappointing.

Looking back, the first one did a lot right. There was some great stuff in the Nine Realms segments of the film. A lot of the effects looked really unique and cool, and certain scenes, like Odin's banishment of Thor, captured the appropriate magic perfectly. But the film was dragged down by the Midgard segments, where the story felt static and inappropriately small, and was haunted by an unlikable love interest.

Thor 2 is just bad, though it was cool to see one of the first engagements between two genuinely superpowered combatants in the MCU.

Speaking of, I can't help but notice how inconsistent Thor's powers are in these films. One minute he's collapsing literally miles of Jotunheim's surface with a single blow and sending aether-enhanced Malekith soaring through the air, and then the other he's having trouble with comparably minor shit.
>>
>>78245798
And now it's time to BTFO Tony
>>
>>78246491
I really liked the Asgard scenes in Thor 2 too, Jane and co killed the movie for me. The Loki and Thor banter, Frigga's funeral, the invasion of Asgard were really good in my opinion.

Unfortunately that was like what, 30-40% of the movie? Rest was Jane, Darcy and Selvig being unfunny and taking up screentime.
>>
>>78246491
well you always nerf the biggest gun in a team movie. they do the same to superman in JL.
>>
File: spider-man-tom-holland.jpg (598 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
spider-man-tom-holland.jpg
598 KB, 1000x750
Can he take the Spider?
>>
>>78246491
>bSpeaking of, I can't help but notice how inconsistent Thor's powers are in these films. One minute he's collapsing literally miles of Jotunheim's surface with a single blow and sending aether-enhanced Malekith soaring through the air, and then the other he's having trouble with comparably minor shit.

I feel like they've actually handled him pretty well. In both Avengers and Ultron he didn't have any problems actually fighting anyone, he was just flying around and one-shotting everything while everyone else except Hulk had to be strategic in their fighting. The only reason he didn't win everything by himself is because there was so many and he can't be in more places at once, and because there were civilians around so he couldn't do his ground pound finisher.

I only really remember him being tricked, or being knocked away when punched in the air and stuff like that. And I love a super-strong character who can still be knocked away by another super-strong character because they don't have Superman's watchamacallit-field. Hell, he even keeps fighting after taking a big stab-wound to the chest. Dude's definitely the heaviest puller on the team.
>>
>>78246578
>tfw they make Spidey a bratty teen who dislikes Cap because he's too young to have grown up with the Cap hype that fuels everyone else's idolation for him
>>
>>78246578
yes and vice-versa
>>78246681
for little we know about his scenes with cap he seem to respect the guy
>>78246533
i like tony but he deserve to get his ass kicked even if steven ends up in jail.
>>
>>78246647
Bioaura, but yes, character without it should be affected by momentum.
>>
>>78245757
Man the Watchmen movie was such garbage
>>
>>78244990
I don't know about that. In a state of absolute perfection (something that isn't really possible IRL without pre-natal genetic manipulation), the human body is absolutely incredible. Even us normal folks are capable of some amazing feats. When things are life or death, our bodies take the safeties off. I've heard of ordinary people bench pressing over 1200 pounds and running at speeds close to 25 miles per hour. Of course, most of us can't do that under normal circumstances, and these feats usually result in significant injury. But the capability is there.

However, having said all of that, even if we were able to consciously make use of our survival mechanisms, most of the bullshit OP listed wouldn't be possible.
>>
>>78246921
it was pretty much exactly what I pictured when I read the comic. I still don't get why people insist it was so groundbreaking.
>>
>>78245265
Doesn't Bruce also do a shitload of biofeedback treatments?
>>
>>78245448
Batman never does ANY of that you fucking retard. Not naturally. Stop propagating this tired ass Batgod meme.

The only two that are even close to what Batman is capable of

>heals faster

He heals noticeably faster than regular people because he's basically in perfect health. He adheres to a strict diet, never drinks, never smokes, never takes drugs, works out like a madman, and does biofeedback constantly. He also has Alfred, who is an experienced combat medic. Even with all of that he can't heal gunshot wounds in a matter of hours the way Cap can

>withstands insane amounts of tasing

This is only due to his suit
Batman isn't really portrayed as peak human anymore from what I can see. His thing is that he's a jack-of-all-trades. He's fast, strong, and agile enough to compete with Olympic athletes, but not enough to beat world records. Not without pushing himself past his limits and injuring himself. He's an acrobat, but not one of Dick's caliber. He's a world class martial arts, but he's admitted that Cass could probably beat him in a purely physical contest. And on and on.

What makes him so good is the fact that he's highly competent in all of these areas at once. Combine that with his high tech arsenal and mind second only to Lex Luthor's, and you'll begin to see why he's effective. It's not because of any peak human bullshit.

Perhaps YOU should read some comics?
>>
>>78245657
>FREEDOM INTENSIFIES
>>
>>78245876
It would be better if they just focused on Cap and left the Avengers out of it, though. Movie is kind of wasting those contracts by putting in other Avengers for no real purpose in brief cameos.
>>
>>78246681
Quite why we have to have Aunt May hogging screentime in a film about Cap going balls out for his friend and the Avengers imploding and being disbanded.
>>
>>78247607
Aunt May is not in the movie though.
>>
>>78245798
Cap would be that guy to make me want a shield as my weapon of choice.
>>
616 cap stood up to spider bro and disabled him with punches.
>>
>>78247276
You should read more comics faggot. You are just wrong. He was literally the perfect human according to darkseid, batman literally can heal his own wounds using FUCKING CHI. He trains to survive the vacuum of space, can lift a ton by the time of batman inc before new52. He can can melt ice just by concentrating, all the shit you said about outrunning cars? He does that too. You dont know shit, every thing he does he does it better than any athlete. You are clearly butthurt, why you keep talking about batman? I really dont understand. He is Human perfection since 1940, before captain america even existed
>>
>>78247631
There is going to be a scene in Parker's house so Aunt May being in this film isn't so far off
>>
>>78247739
And yet he's never portrayed as such. It's informed. Bang goes your argument.

One of the things you listed is a form of meditation. A skill that almost anybody can learn. It has absolutely nothing to do with the capabilities of your body. You are a fucking idiot.
>>
>>78245354
Man, MCU Cap and MCU Falcon are great.
>>
>>78245989
The 'problem' with Cap 1 is that it's not an action movie, it's much more about it's characters, especially Cap and Peggy. The climax of the movie is Cap giving up his life for everyone else's, not him kicking Red Skull's ass.

So it goes for a weaker standalone movie to make for a better trilogy start/character origin. Just like cap would've wanted.
>>
If we consider peak our entire human potential, than peak human is super human.
Humans can lift cars in jolts of strength, can cure diseases with their minds, can feel no pain and so many other incredible super shit.
We just don't do it because it's normally harmful to ourselves. Like, using all your muscle power can cause rupture or massive damage of muscle tissue, so our body just don't do it.
>>
>>78247838
>>78247838
He is always portrayed as one of the best martial artists in the planet, we see him punching trough brick walls, and split trees with his kicks that are 3ft wide (something a car crash can't do), you see him taking steel bars from the wall, he can outrun cars and deflect bullets. He moves faster than the human eye. He can rest in 14 minutes and work on a perfect level for 4 days straight, he was fighting for straight 28 hours, before he was peak.
>>
>>78245947
>Who’s strong and brave, here to save the American Way?
>Who vows to fight like a man for what’s right night and day?
>Who will campaign door-to-door for America,
>Carry the flag shore to shore for America,
>From Hoboken to Spokane,
>The Star Spangled Man with a Plan!

>We can’t ignore there’s a threat and a war we must win,
>Who’ll hang a noose on the goose-stepping goons from Berlin?
>Who will redeem, head the call for America,
>Who’ll rise or fall, give his all for America,
>Who’s here to prove that we can?
>The Star Spangled Man with a Plan!

Shit, I'm not even American and I got a patriotic boner.
>>
>>78247991
Yes, but there's an autist that believes that if a human cant do in in real life then its superhuman, someone talked about talking crabs and is a nice comparasion. Nemo isnt a magical talkin fish, and bugs is not a magical bunny, they are just fictional and in their universes what they can do is normal, for peak humans what they do is what humans in their universe can do. In marvel celestians messssed with human genes, and in dc the metagen and the rules of will play a big role, they aee not like us, just like elmer fudge can survive tnt on his face and he is still just a human in his cartoons
>>
>>78245949
>no i stil like both of the avengers movies best
into the trash it goes
>>
>>78244980
Dude, pretty sure you're talking about mcu cap. In which case, when do they ever say that he isn't superhuman? Like I don't recall them ever saying he's peak human in the movies.
>>
>>78248280
Also, so what if he is superhuman? He could be crippled in a wheelchair or near-omnipotent and still not matter to his character that much. Cap is his heart, not his muscles, human or otherwise.
>>
>>78248330
He is superhuman, he and ultimate cap.
>>
Reminder that Cap is based in a world where Black Widow and shit such are the bar for non-superhuman, non magic peak human formula, non professional athlete levels of physical achievement
>>
What I love the most about good old cap, is how his power is making inspirational speeches and having fucking awesome moments, power levels a shit, him walking towards Thanos in infinity gauntlet is just plain awesome.
>>
>>78244980
Alright, look. It's not "peak human" in the sense that like Batman is "peak human".
Cap is in that theoretical "peak" of humanity, where you've got guys moving planes with their teeth, or lifting a car to save a baby, or all that shit adrenaline lets you do. Theoretical crazy shit humans are capable of in the right circumstance. Feats for the record books and such.

The idea being that Cap is able to do all of that and that its his normal. That's what they mean when they say "peak human" for him. Obviously no one human would be able to do all those things, which is why he's a SUPER soldier.
>>
>Mfw when I had a story for cap where he pushes himself to peak human intelligence and turns on people before begging Xavier to wipe his mind and return him to normal.
>>
>>78245242
Luther Strode is just a comic book character, m8.
>>
>>78245308
>>78245357
>>78245384
>>78245405
>>78245407
>>78245424
That's also just Sam throwing an estimate out. Cap could be going faster
>>
>>78244980
He isn't immune to poison also MCU Cap is way past peak human whatever that means.
>>
>>78244980
Shit, if Cap can do that I really hope they go the extra mile or 10, with Spidey. Oh what am I saying, of course they won't.

I still remember someone telling me Spider-Man couldn't even lift a car without the symbiote. God dammit.
>>
>>78245384
fix your commas nigga
>>
>>78245798
> That Avengers 1 costume
Fucking Whedon. How could he have possibly thought it looked good?!
>>
File: 1449100478703.gif (295 KB, 512x409) Image search: [Google]
1449100478703.gif
295 KB, 512x409
>>78245242
Tell me more, senpai.
>>
>>78245242
>they laugh it off as exaggerations
This part I can believe. Take for instance when it was put forth that the world was round and not flat. You'd get laughed out of your home and all the way to prison, or the gallows. You don't know what kind of shit could be hiding, because if someone told you, it be so out of what you consider normal you'd either laugh, or get angry.

>Christmas isn't real
Yeah nigga, what.
>>
>>78254665
>Take for instance when it was put forth that the world was round and not flat.

Terrible example, since nobody actually had any problem when it was first mathematically proven and because any people with sea-faring vessels would have ample evidence for why the earth wouldn't be flat.
>>
>>78254781
But the general public did not have access, most people didn't own ships or were cowed by the fears of the supposed monsters and sea snakes lurking in the water, or falling of the edge of the world. But okay, people need proof. Understandable.

Then you have those who deny truth, fact, truth, what have you.

Galileo was jailed for saying the sun did not revolve around the earth. Again, proof, but nowadays it certainly does seem dumb. Still, and the people sided with the church because the idea seemed so preposterous at the time, but anyone who would have ventured to find out for themselves was kept in check by fear of repercussions, because the higher ups would silence them, if there were such people.

Shit, in the fifties, tell a white person that Dumas was a black frenchman, or regale them with the tail of Beckwourth. It was preposterous to them, therefor invalid, false, stupid, and outrageous.

Another one, with the Christmas thing. There are many who will flip their shit if you say christmas isn't real. You can cite the bible and pull facts from wherever, and break it down, but they will still be apoplectic.

I once tried to explain to a good portion of my family that Tweety bird was a boy. He had a girlfriend, granny said he was a boy, but nope. For some reason it was outlandish that he would be.
>>
>>78255212
>most people didn't own ships or were cowed by the fears of the supposed monsters and sea snakes lurking in the water, or falling of the edge of the world.

Nigga all that's required is to look at a fucking ship as it sails away. It disappears bottom first, and it even disappears to the same degree at certain distances every time, and then it comes back without having fallen off any edge. From there it's easy to extrapolate that the earth can't be flat. This is something every coastal-living human would be able to observe and ponder.

Your other examples are good, but the flat earth one is complete shit, since it was only idiots and uneducated people uninterested in it all that ever thought it was flat.
>>
>>78255600
To be fair, education was only to the, ahem, privileged, so most people would not know that. Most people were generally uneducated about such things.

Even then, the undiscovered world was treated as the edge of it, so they stuck with what they knew.

But yeah, the flat world thing can be dissected.

Also, fuck Columbus. You tell the truth in school and the teacher kicks you out of class.
>>
>>78246561
>Darcy unfunny...

I will fight you. She's the only funny part of that movie.
>>
>>78255722
You don't need education to be able to tell when something disappears in a weird manner for something flat. You just need a normally-inquisitive human being with access to a flat surface to illustrate it on.
>>
I'm sure it's been mentioned in this thread but I'll reiterate that movie Cap is absolutely superhuman and always has been, comic Cap is the one who's peak human.
>>
>>78255898
Anon, these are the people who thought it was okay to burn, hang, and decapitate because the church said so.

Consider how indoctrinated they must have been to think that was the right course of action. I don't think it'd be wise to attribute common sense or observational skills to the raving masses of the far passed.
>>
>>78251478

Doesn't he already have an enhanced brain?

He's not a bookworm nerd or anything like that, but I thought it has been made clear that it was enhanced as well.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (156 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
156 KB, 1920x1080
>>78255212
>Galileo was jailed for saying the sun did not revolve around the earth
Galileo wasn't jailed for saying the sun didn't revolve around the earth. He was put under house arrest. Not only was Galileo's theory scientifically unsound with the technology available at the time (his theory couldn't account for stellar parallax whereas the geocentric theories could), but he also wrote a book where strawmanned the church and called them retards.

If you're going to preach the truth, try to understand what the truth is first.
>>
Complain about Cap all you want, but science giving him all of these gifts make a hell of a lot more sense than Batman doing all of this shit.
>>
Speaking of super soldiers

Why has Marvel forgot that Mockingbird had super soldier serum/infinity formula used on her during Fear Itself?

This bitch is on at least the same level as Nick Fury
>>
>>78257812
It is because he can calculate his shield's ricochet trajectory.
>>
>>78258122

Tibetan monks blah blah mystic East Asian arts blah... ancient Chinese secret blah...

The whole of Asia should be an unstoppable superpower with all the Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon shit they have going on in their mountain temples and herbal shops that turn humans into something else.
>>
>>78245850

I'm a big fan of Cap one as well.

The only #1 that beats it is Iron Man (it's tied with Batman Begins and Spidey #1)
>>
>>78258832

'Throw shield better' is such a shit representation of that enhancement. I can't recall any instance where it has been useful in any other context other than 'muh shield'.
>>
>>78258945
They kind of under utilize his quick thinking because he mostly uses a shield, if he properly trained with guns he could be this guy.
https://youtu.be/cv352t6tf50
or this guy
https://youtu.be/WzHG-ibZaKM
>>
>>78254197
>How could he have possibly thought it looked good?!

He didn't. The fact that it's terrible is built into the script. The guy who designed it gut a blade through the chest.
>>
>>78259354

He could be, but what would become of the likes of Hawkeye by that point?
>>
>>78245798
>1v1 me ultron!

love it.
>>
>>78259529
His arrows deliver larger payloads and can have tools attached like the thing that hacked the helicarrier.
>>
>>78259567

What would happen if Cap starts training in bows too?
>>
>>78259749
Then perhaps goodbye Hawkeye, though I don't know that Cap would want to carry so many fucking weapons. The shield does work well enough mostly, and simply because it's a giant fucking slab of metal sort of it can do more damage than just a bullet and such generally, plus he doesn't have to reload or anything, usually, though if someone manages to take his shield or something, anyways slightly off topic probably.
>>
>>78259887

He can physically bear the gear needed to get the job done way better than any normal human ever could, it's only a matter of organizing the fucked up mess that he'll look like when rigged up, but agreed, it's a bit off topic.

On topic, the idea of "peak human" is retarded because nothing like that can ever exist. The concept of being better than any human in every area possible without dealing with any physical compromises is already superhuman by definition. I have no idea why Marvel is averse to having a guy that took a super treatment to be super and settle for something as blah and weak as 'peak'.
>>
>>78244980
real life doesn't have power levels for species. the creators of this character are trying to say that you, the reader, should imagine him as the absolute best athlete who ever lived, but everything about his body is still normal human. Nothing has mutated into something inhuman, no new DNA that you couldn't find in a regular person. He got his muscles from a machine instead of exercise, but the world's greatest bodybuilders could have the same. His bones are as good as the bones of a person who's had them broken and re-knit several times.
and no, he can't throw motorcycles or catch cars or run faster than the world's fastest kenyan runner.. but he can dent thin metal with a punch.
>>
>>78245895
This. his liver is as strong as the liver of a man who's been drinking like a fish his whole life, but it's clean of any of the damage from that same amount of drinking.. His body is flush with lysosomes equivalent to the same toxin exposure. and his metabolism is as fast as the world's greatest distance runner or swimmer or cyclist. He probably needs like 20k calories a day to live
>>
>>78245405
>So the worlds fastest man can run at similar speed for 100 meters
That sounds possible though.

>Cap can run at that speed for 21000 meters.
I'm sure there are marathon/cross country runners who can run that long and not be tired afterward.

Just combine the two. Cap is peak human, comining the traits together, usain bolt has limits since he can't train in every single area at the same time.
>>
>>78260187

It's not just combining the best known attributes, he clearly exceeds any human that has ever, or will ever, be the best at their game at any one thing.

That's superhuman by definition.
>>
>>78248204
>not liking the avengers movies
into the trash it goes
>>
>>78244980
Cap isn't peak human today, he's peak human for all time. The serum he took didn't make him a 1940s Olympic athlete, it's more like centuries of eugenics in a bottle. He's the best athlete in all categories at once without training. In 100 years when all those records for fastest mile and most weight lifted are pushed beyond what we today would even consider possible, Cap would still beat em all. It'd date so many years of conscious effort at breeding humans to get a Captain America so he seems super human to us.

>>78245490
>i have no fucking idea how helicopters or gravity work
If a helicopter is just taking off then its thrust is only just barely offsetting its weight (gravity's effect on its mass). You don't just "gun it" in a helicopter when you take off, you ease off the ground. Then once Cap tilts you, it's all kinds of off balance. It's not like you see Cap throw it to the ground, it probably does get away.

>>78247991
This is accurate

>>78248180
This is stupid
>>
>>78259445
Phil Coulson for you: great agent, superb organiser, decent dancer, terribad fashion sense.
>>
>>78259749
The amount of time you have to put in, and to keep putting in every day, to become very very good with bows pretty much precludes doing much else.

Think Olympic archers all do around 3-400 arrows per day to stay at their level. Clint's obviously preternaturally gifted in that area but there's one or two pages around where he discusses his constant training. Chatting to spidey IIRC.
>>
>>78245445
>I think it's pretty obvious he's superhuman in the Russo directed movies.
He's superhumn in all of them. In The First Avenger, he lifts a motorycle full of girls above his head, smashes open a door to a tank, and chases down cars. In the Avengers, he runs all around Manhattan fighting aliens, breaks off one of their arms with his shield, and launches black Widow like 20 feet into the air.
>>
>>78260168
Cap has the liver of Andre the Giant that's all anyone needs to understand
>>
>>78245564
Jesus christ, I'm surprised his arms weren't ripped off from his shoulders.
>>
>>78245115
Don't think he ever mentioned the disease thing but otherwise yeah
>>
>>78262793

It's already shown, or at least heavily implied that the serum greatly improves cognition and learning capabilities. What could take people weeks, months, or years to master would take him a much shorter time to acquire.
>>
>>78245564
See, if hawkeye here can do it, can we stop bitching?
Thread replies: 195
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.