[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who was your favorite character and what was your favorite episode?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 10
File: hey arnold.jpg (261 KB, 1536x968) Image search: [Google]
hey arnold.jpg
261 KB, 1536x968
Who was your favorite character and what was your favorite episode?
>>
I only liked Hey Arnold as a kid for the music... the show itself was kinda average aside from a few 'special' episodes.
>>
>>78244106
Gerald, Pheobe and Arnold
Helga on the Couch,
>>
helga was the best because she seemed to be the darling of the writers and got the most development

my favorites were always the ones where arnold brings out the good in a character that would have been nothing more but a villain in any other children's show

I think arnolds ability to this, and the shows dedication to showing that seemingly bad people have depth, is the shows strength and what makes it feel more mature

the movie shown none of this and I think that's why nobody liked it, asides from it not being the anticipated jungle plot
>>
>>78244486
The movie was written for TV, that's why it wasn't as grand in scale as TJM was/is going to be. That said, the creator has mentioned in the past the movie was special to them because it was what they were going through at the time-getting canceled. It was like they were fighting for the neighborhood (the show) themselves.
>>
>>78244628

that is interesting, it makes me like the movie a little more

I never considered it a bad movie in the first place myself, but it doesn't stand up to the show it's based on
>>
Mr. Hyunh Goes Country
>>
Arnold Visits Arnie
>>
Not Helga episode
>>
>>78244106
Helgas great. They slowly tweak her over the seasons and gave her uglyduckling moment with Valentine's episode, but overall she is designed as ugly. Its unsympathetic, ridiculing look, like that of Nelson from Simpsons. Even Gramps keeps calling her "that-ugly-one-eyebrow-kid".

I watched the show just for Helga.
>>
My favorite character on the show was Lila. She's smart, she's sweet, and in spite of living in a crime-ridden shithole and being dead broke all the time, she keeps a positive outlook. When the whole Lila-Arnold-Helga triangle subplot happened, I always hoped he'd end up with Lila instead of Helga, but I guess that was always a pipe dream.

And now, what with talks of the series being revived with a made-for-TV movie and possible reboot/spin-off, the thing that's hardest for me to deal with is that the writers will almost undoubtedly shit on Lila, if she's even included at all, due to the amount of hate she has from the fanbase.
>>
>>78245018
Lila is a fucking mary sue
>>
Grandma

Haunted Train
>>
I didn't like Hey Arnold and to this day the only episode I remember vividly is the one where that one kid makes Arnold wear the fursuit in public.
>>
>>78245037
I can't argue with that, but I would point out that one of the reasons she comes off this way is the fact that she was written with such a narrow focus (being Arnold's unobtainable love interest), that she wasn't really developed as much as the other characters, much to her detriment. My hope would be that the creative team involved in future projects could correct that.
>>
>>78244906
I always thought it weird in the girl's sleepover/party episode where Helga whores herself up like some kind of prostitute. I fully expected the entire scene to be embarrassing for her, but all the girls were totally into the hooker look.

>>78245018
I don't remember them ever addressing or even acknowledging her being poor other than in one episode. After that, it's like everyone completely forgot, even the writers.
>>
>>78245184
Well, her dad got a job at the end of Ms. Perfect, so she wouldn't have been quite AS poor, but you're right, a (presumably) single parent with an equally presumably shitty job living in the city probably still wouldn't have much free cash to throw around.
>>
>>78245211
Sid was also poor as fuck but still manged to have his fancy boots
>>
Helga and Arnold
Arnold's christmas
>>
>>78245347
Stinky was also poor as fuck.
In fact, everyone was kind of poor except for Gerald, Phoebe and Rhonda.
>>
File: picStoop_400x400.jpg (25 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
picStoop_400x400.jpg
25 KB, 400x400
>>78244106
Stoop kid's afraid to leave his stoop!
>>
Pheobe, I like her family dynamic
The telltale Emily Dickinson episode was solid but I gotta sound like a scrub and say Helga on the Couch
>>
File: hnp.jpg (53 KB, 640x853) Image search: [Google]
hnp.jpg
53 KB, 640x853
phoebe, and stoop kid episode.
>>
>>78246146
The morning wis chilly and foggy, but Helga didn't care. She and Phoebe were hanging around the docks, which were usually dormant during the morning. The tranquil ambience of the waters splashing below was broken by Phoebe's shivering.

"Told ya to put on some pants," said Helga, glancing down at Phoebe's knee-length skirt, which was damp from the air. "I d-didn't think we were c-coming here," replied Phoebe, hugging her arms to herself tightly.
I was bored, so I built a story around this pic.
>>
File: latest.jpg (20 KB, 500x331) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
20 KB, 500x331
Rhonda and the episode where Arnold visited his cousin or somethin
>>
>>78244628
I think what happened was that during that time, Nickelodeon wanted to take creative control away from series creator Bartlett, resulting in him leaving the studio.
>>
Helga and Arnold were my favorites

Helga on the Couch is GOAT

Most Helga episodes were great. I'd have really wanted to see The Patakis
>>
>>78244106
Arnold's Grandfather is a character I always found entertaining.

My favorite episode is "24 Hours to Live".
>>
Harold was my favorite. All the characters were complex, but he was all over the place. Sometimes he was just a dick, others he was sympathetic. He'd fill the role of antagonist when he needed to but he was still a friend. From what I remember, he filled more roles than any other side character.
>>
>>78246022
Kid Stoop's afraid to leave his kid!
>>
>>78246146
I remember the pitch for Meet the Patakis.
Oh what could have been.
>>
File: Curly_Snaps.jpg (166 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Curly_Snaps.jpg
166 KB, 640x480
>>78244106
There were a lot of fun characters. I think some of the Curly jokes are what I remember most though.
>>
>>78244106
The episode where Arnold and Gerald skip school...classic. That one where there's a heat wave hitting the city. I love that one.
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 250x167) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 250x167
>>78244106
Favorite character and episode mother fuckin lockjaw
>>
Favorite character is Arnold

Favorite episode is Garbage Day
That fucking garbage clubhouse was the shit
>>
Helga, the christmas special
>>
>>78244106

I ended up watching the show more for Helga than for Arnold, even though I still really liked Arnold.

Obviously my favorite episode was Helga on the Couch.
>>
File: 1315536162852.png (437 KB, 800x547) Image search: [Google]
1315536162852.png
437 KB, 800x547
Curly, Gerald being the runner-up.
Parent's Day.
>>
>>78254773
That pic is fukken cute, but we all know what Phoeebs is really there for.
>>
>>78244106
everyone was great but my picks are Gerald, Rhonda, Helga and Harold.

and the stuck on a tree episode.
>>
>>78245184
That's 10 year old girls for you. That's why Helga is great, she doesn't go in for that bullshit
>>
>>78245347
Which is why he was so devastated when they got stolen
shit they were probably handmedowns. how else would you get beatleboots for a kid?
>>
Helga was my favorite, I could relate growing up in an abusive environment and it making you an angry person. ;_;
>>
File: Helga.jpg (90 KB, 460x630) Image search: [Google]
Helga.jpg
90 KB, 460x630
Arnold and Helga are almost given, so besides them Grandpa Phil and Phoebe. Really liked the whole cast though.

Favorite episodes are spooky ones, holiday ones, episodes where the adults feature prominently, and Helga-centric episodes, but What's Opera Arnold, Curly Snaps, the Flood, and Pigeon Man are some other standouts.
>>
>>78245496
Helga and Harold weren't poor either. Helga's father owned a store and Harold seemed to live quite well. There was also that really rich kid, Lorenzo, who went to public school for some reason.
>>
>>78245018
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a point where she told Helga she knew about her feelings for Arnold?
>>
File: 7774550004.jpg (36 KB, 478x354) Image search: [Google]
7774550004.jpg
36 KB, 478x354
Arnold's Christmas
>>
>>78260457
Yep, that happened in "School Play."
>>
>>78260837
is that also the episode where Helga dresses up as Lila for one of Rhonda's parties?
>>
Monkeyman and Monkeyman
>>
why is Arnold's hat so tiny
>>
>>78261054
For to cover his bald spot
>>
>>78260918
No, you're thinking of "Helga's Masquerade." "School Play" was a special full-length episode.
>>
>>78261174
Oh, right. Had the names mixed up somehow.
>>
such a good fucking show
>>
File: Hey-Arnold-9.jpg (41 KB, 600x407) Image search: [Google]
Hey-Arnold-9.jpg
41 KB, 600x407
Helga and Arnold.
Helga On The Couch.
Married-Helga about to tell Arnold she loves him in his dream.
>>
>>78244628
That's neat to read about, yet would just sound pathetic if it were to happen with any current show I feel.
>>
>>78246633
Keep going please
>>
Sid was mt favorite character, probably cause our voices sound so similar. Also that hat.

Favorite episode is the one where the neighborhood teams up to clear out that dirty lot to play baseball.
>>
>>78246146
Helga looks disappointed with Phoebe in this picture.
"Told you to use protection,Pheebs. Arnold and I do.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.