[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder that this actually happened. Happy Holidays.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 227
Thread images: 31
Reminder that this actually happened.

Happy Holidays.
>>
>>78243577
If they spent all the money that building that monstrosity must have cost on developing a fucking gun, they would've been much more successful.
>>
>>78243577

>he thinks anyone knows wtf this shit is
>>
>>78243648

They DID build a fucking gun. An extremely effective one. The mecha's got it on its right arm.

It's the platinum I'm confused about. 1) Where the fuck did they get that much platinum? That one robot represents a lot more of the stuff than we, in the real world, have mined in all of history. 2) How the fuck did they work it? It's not tin, you know. 3) How the hell is that thing even standing up, given the extreme density of platinum?
>>
>>78243577
Why not just build 2000-so tanks?
>>
>>78243721
Yeah yeah, very effective. I'm talking about how they have crossbows in TLA, and gelignite, and advanced metalworking, and yet no one has even built a shitty hand-gonne? I can't suspend my disbelief that hard.
>>
File: Bryke_worst_mom.jpg (127 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Bryke_worst_mom.jpg
127 KB, 500x375
>Korra can conjure enough water in the avatar state to cover the mech and immobilize it via freezing
>But somehow she can't beat it because secondary characters needed to do stuff
>Her fight against Kuvira, while really cool, was literally pointless because the robot was the big problem and it was destroyed by everyone else.

Bryke sure loved making Korra job.
>>
File: korra emptyhero.jpg (173 KB, 599x608) Image search: [Google]
korra emptyhero.jpg
173 KB, 599x608
>>78243721
All that technology and they still haven't figured out something as simple as a flintlock pistol, which as it happens would instantly make bending obsolete in combat. Brilliant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48eAvoQRvvc
>>
>>78243757
I hated that so goddamn much. Even before they fought the thing everyone on the internet i can recall, had allready dicussed and theorised on how easy that thing was to beat.

Any number of things they actually did to it should have ended the stupid robot, but is was covered in so much plot-armour that nothing could touch it. And all of it so that Kuvira could seem like a little bit of a threat, which still failed because everyone knew if Korra and Kuvira ever fought again, Korras Avatar state would end it in seconds.
>>
>>78243804
>Korra throws MASSIVE blocks of concrete directly at it's head
>Robot shrugs them off because of Plotarmorium
>Faggot airbenders fart in it's face and it falls down

I was pissed as fuck.
>>
>>78243661
It was only a year ago.
>>
>>78243823
Not to forget those stupid humming bird mechs they invented for no reason. They allready had air-planes with bombs/torpedos. And if they didn't want to use those, the airbenders would have been a better choice for carrying and using those laser cutters, they also invented for the ocassion.
>>
I liked how Kuvira controlled the robot and the fight in the cockpit was brilliant, but fuck that finale was a stupid mess.
>>
File: 1412368587122.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1412368587122.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
Korra book 4 started so good, and coming right off the great Book 3, I had huge expectations. That nosedive in quality after episode 2, though.

That'll teach me to stay positive.
>>
>>78243577
They should have went full Eva, and used the body of a spirit, mixed with tecnology. Só the thing could be quick, and actually look menacing.
>>
>>78243918
Kind of like Shadow of Colossus.
>>
>>78243751

Point.

>>78243803
>would instantly make bending obsolete in combat

Debatable, but still a point.
>>
do you guys remember that discussion we had about the pneumatic air gun? Someone drew up some neat designs and even did the maths to show that they'd have been pretty damn deadly.

Anyone actually smart in the avatar world would be an unstoppable force.
>>
Guns would just have ruined the franchine. It would be worst than the fucking robot, much less stupid, but worst.

Retarded idea.
>>
>>78244021
>>78244102
I would've been fine with just a normal Napoleonic-era cannon, even. But going from barrels of blasting jelly to a spirit energy cannon wired into a platinum mecha
in 70 years is pushing it.
>>
>>78244109
Oh yeah, I'm with you on this onde tho.

Laser was just too stupid. The entre mecha looked out of place on the world, which is ironic, considering that this shit is EXACTLY what Bryke wanted. Shit.

It would havê looked better if it was more arcaic looking, like Iron Giant, or Shadow of Colossus. Even something more Pulp or Railgun would have bem better
>>
>>78243577
>Happy Holidays

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU TOO.
>>
>>78244109
>But going from barrels of blasting jelly to a spirit energy cannon wired into a platinum mecha in 70 years is pushing it.

I see where you're coming from and I think the fucking mecha is an abomination of god, but bear with me.

Guns require ingenuity to come up with. Cleverness and creativity. Having to assume they weren't made during the 100 Year War, immediately following such a devastating war the nations weren't going to devote time and resources into more warfare weapons. For 70 years there is an era of peace and an industrial revolution. Then, cue a great coup where the largest world power's royalty is murdered and the country plunges into chaos, in the wake of a new spiritual enlightenment. A new resource of spirits makes itself known in a time where a militaristically minded commander tries to regain control. It's understandable that she'd exploit the technological mastermind of Varrick who himself was trying to push military weaponry to a new age. New resources, new ingenuity, reason to exploit arms. It sort of fits.

Now, attaching the one-of-a-kind spirit cannon that obliterates anything in its path on the arm of the platinum-pure 40 story giant mecha? That's balls to the fucking walls retarded.

A logical, rational step would be mass producing them and lining them up around Republic City. Rails brought in by metalbenders, drive the cannons in. If someone tries to stop you, the cannons can be turreted, and fired in a radius. Just wipe them out.

Hold city hostage. If anyone sends in airbenders or planes, fire all the fucking cannons simultaneously. Sure, they MIGHT stop one cannon, but the entire city would be leveled.
>>
>>78244195
Eh. I'm just bitter about the lack of ranged combat. Those fucking Yu-Yan archers, who appeared literally once, and apparently did nothing of consequence ever again, because they were too overpowered. Or the pirates with the crossbows, which were also never used more than once, because, again, too overpowered.
>>
>>78244195

...But would a plan of such ruthlessness not cause the possibility of opposition among your own army? One giant, symbolic weapon that even looks like a warrior... psychologically passable. A large number of inhuman, faceless weapons that could wipe out an entire city in a fell swoop... would even Kuvira's soldiers be OK with that?
>>
>>78244270
>A large number of inhuman, faceless weapons that could wipe out an entire city in a fell swoop... would even Kuvira's soldiers be OK with that?
It's a very Eastern idea that a weapon is just an extension of yourself. Even guns are just extensions that are you expressing your power upon other things. Kuvira could give a fucking speech about how these cannons were extensions of the Earth Kingdom's might and they were the only way to make their country whole once more.
>>
>>78244323

See, I think that is debatable. This army had not existed that long - not under her, anyway. And they had known oppressive leaders before. How fast does dissension, even relatively mild dissension, spread once somebody suggests it?

Plus: all of 'Avatar' is a very Eastern idea.
>>
>>78244270
You say all that like people in the real world weren't okay with them since forever what kind of fucking mindset are you dreaming up there.
>>
>>78243721
>1) Where the fuck did they get that much platinum?
They took it from the shells of Suuyin-City.

>2) How the fuck did they work it?
I think only the armor is platinum, the inside is probably another metal. Even so, I don't know how they worked the armor itself, since platinum is supposedly unbendable.

>3) How the hell is that thing even standing up, given the extreme density of platinum?
I think the mecha is suspended of disbelief.
>>
>>78244389

The Avatar world is not our world, however. Up until fairly recently, all combat was personal combat in their world.
>>
>>78244402

Ah! But then where did she get the platinum in the first place... and how did SHE bend it?? Unnngh...
>>
File: Imperator_Titan.jpg (145 KB, 522x696) Image search: [Google]
Imperator_Titan.jpg
145 KB, 522x696
>>78244402
Hell, if we're just suspending all disbelief, why not just throw them one of these then?
>>
>>78244409
I think we're supposed to believe those small globes of metal controlled the mechanical movement of the mecha (the globes she used to fight korra in the control room).
>>
It doesn't make sense

A robot as huge as that would be crushed under those scrawny legs, a snailshape with a series of tankbelted wheeels would've been a lot more logical, even if less agile
>>
File: 1449880882019.gif (1 MB, 600x339) Image search: [Google]
1449880882019.gif
1 MB, 600x339
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AksrehOoT4s
>>
>>
Man you korra haters are crazy you are even trying to hate the original because you don't like it pathetic
>>
>>78243907
Niggas so cold he even took back the part of the apple the kid already ate
>>
I think Korra would've been cool if the entire thing was about giant robots, with bending based powers.

>EK is Zeon
>Kuvira is Gihren Zabi
>Korra and co. pilot super robots
>>
>>78244805

>Implying Kuvira isn't Haman
>>
>>78243577
at least she didn't kill her dad at the end.
>>
>>78243907
yeah season 4 was a let down but it did have stuff like operation beifong and final fight scene was cool. all the moment from season 3 was gone in a few episode.
>>
>>78243577

Reminder that every single thing that happened in this series caused butthurt to at least one retarded person.
>>
>>78243577
isn't that thing from evangelion?
>>
File: CM-RZnoUYAAFw3m.png (344 KB, 599x337) Image search: [Google]
CM-RZnoUYAAFw3m.png
344 KB, 599x337
I would've been okay with the mech if the explanation was that it barely worked, and it was only functional because Kuvira was such a gifted metal bender that she was using her powers to move it, like an extension of herself.

Sort of like in Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops. In that we are introduced to Metal Gear Raxa, the world's first prototype Metal Gear. Some barely important character you meet earlier on hijacks it and shoots at the villain. But the whole thing freezes up because, wouldn't you know it, a first of its kind giant robot isn't all that versatile and flaw free.

So Gene, the villain kicks that asshole out, and he sticks his girl Ursula in (pic related). She's a powerful psychic, and she uses her abilities to not only help RAXA become functional, but exceeds what it should be capable of at all.

It should've been the same with Kuvira's mecha. She should've been written as someone who was so gifted at metal bending, that even Korra couldn't match her. That way the mech at least becomes semi-plausible in-universe. By itself it's barely functional, but with Kuvira in control it doesn't just work, it becomes almost human-like.

I know what you're thinking, "If it was made of bendable metal, why didn't Korra and friends just bend it over?", well, in this scenario Kuvira is like, the best metal bender in the world. Even with help Korra would struggle against her. But she would also probably have other metal benders inside with her, helping out, so she doesn't have to carry the entire load by itself. A bit like Voltron or Power Rangers, I suppose, but still clear that Kuvira is like 80% the power behind it, doing all the heavy lifting, and the other benders are just there to provide a little extra support.

But Kuvira wasn't even a good metal bender, period, so there's no way that this idea would work with how she was written.
>>
>>78243803
The Avatar should be able to have complete cloaking by bending the sound in the air, the vibrations in the earth, and the "fire" from light so that he is undetectable. Then use a gun to beat his enemies.
>>
>>78244420
Because there's no fun allowed while Korra's around.
>>
>>78245236
Even if Kuvira was a god-like metal bender, Korra should still be able to rip it apart with the avatar state, so the mech being bendable doesn't really work. Mind you bryke were retarded enough to not have metal benders kill Kuvira in her metal armour.

Also i don't see any way that the mecha could actually work. It's just too big and out of place in the universe. Same with the Humming bird mechs and possibly even Kuviras soldiers power armours.
>>
>>78243907
>right off the great Book 3
this has to stop...
>>
>>78245440
It had problems but was still a great season.
>>
>>78245451
- the beginning was a mess
- Korra still fucks up and is rewarded for it
- villain motivation: CHAOS!
- Jinora saves the day

the only thing anyone could point out to be good on that season are the fights and that's it. I don't think it should automatically mean the season is good.
>>
>>78245519
4 things aren't that much. Overall i came well together, it wasn't annoying to watch and as you said the fights were good.

Also the beginning was 1 episode, i don't remember when Korra was rewarded for her fuck up in book 3 (unlike other seasons), Zaheer kinda explained his motivations and it wasn't chaos. Jinora saving the day again was stupid though i agree.
>>
File: B2 Super Battle Droid.png (96 KB, 293x462) Image search: [Google]
B2 Super Battle Droid.png
96 KB, 293x462
>>78243577
Looks like pic related.
>>
File: EDF hector-march.png (894 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
EDF hector-march.png
894 KB, 1280x720
>>78243577
disappointing they can't do better than a game series made of the cheap
>>
>>78245551
Jinora saving the day was fine because it made sense, unlike in book 2.
>>
>>78243803
>that picture
Oh yes
>>
>>78245791
It wasn't as bad, but it was still annoying. Korra should have had a victory of her own against Zaheer, then she could colapse afterwards or something. But the way it ended made her look incompetent again, even with the Avatar state she couldn't beat a rather normal bender and had to be bailed out yet again.

So yeah it jinora saved the day in a believable way, but i don't think she should have saved the day at all, that should have been Korra.
>>
>>78245824
I don't agree. Book 3 is the only one where Korra's jobbing made sense, because the villains screwed her over in a way that was plausible. I get that it's annoying because Bryke kept making Korra job throughout the series, but I'm not gonna give them shit for the one time they do it right.
>even with the Avatar state she couldn't beat a rather normal bender
She was poisoned, tripping balls and dying, and her enemy was a flying airbender.

And Jinora bailed her out by working together with all the airbenders, instead of just being a Mary Sue like in Book 2.

As for the rest of the points:

- the beginning was a mess
Not really.
- Korra still fucks up and is rewarded for it
She didn't.
- villain motivation: CHAOS!
Every single Avatar villain had shit motivation except Kuvira, who had to be turned into hitler just becuse.
>>
>>78245277
The Avatar can only bend one element at a time unless they're in the Avatar State. And if you're in that form, why should you care for stealth?
>>
>>78245853
The last points weren't mine, and i agree with you on those.

I do however still think it was a mistake to have Korra job again in this way. I definately don't think they did it the right way by having Jinora swoop in with the solution again. Granted it's not as bad as in book 2 because the way it is done makes sense, but the problem is that it robs Korra of something she sorely needed at the time, a victory over a smart opponent due to her own strength.
Imo Korra should have been capable of defeating Zaheer on her own, have him trip up once when he sees his plan is working. She takes him out because he got overconfident and she passes out afterwards. That way the only real change is that Korra wins on her own. The PTSD and poisoning etc. still happens as before.
>>
>>78245934
>but the problem is that it robs Korra of something she sorely needed at the time, a victory over a smart opponent due to her own strength.
I agree she needed that, but I think Book 3 is precisely the last place when she needed to do that. Korra sacrificed herself for the airbenders, and as a result she was badly hurt, which sets up the really strong beginning of Book 4.

And she did catch Zaheer with her chain so she still beat the villain.

Korra should 100% have won by herself in Book 2 and book 4. Not on Book 1 because book 1's villain was bullshit overpowered and just having her enter the Avatar State to win like Aang would have been kind of a cop out.
>>
>>78245551
the entire beginning part is 2-3 episodes

and villain motivation +jinora fucks up the ending. You only have about half the season without fuck ups, and even then it's relative (suyin subplot for example. Many people hated it. Metal city, lavabending, etc.)
>>
>>78243757
>Korra spends her entire Spirit World journey learning from Iroh how to find the light in the dark
>Korra jobs to Unavaatu so Jinora can do that for no real reason

>Korra is about to kill Zaheer on her Avatar State powered chimpout
>poison kicks in so Jinora and the airbenders can be useful
>>
>>78246037
>>Korra is about to kill Zaheer on her Avatar State powered chimpout
>>poison kicks in so Jinora and the airbenders can be useful
The only reason she was in the chimpout was the poison, so that worked. Besides the 3rd season did have the subplot about Jinora coming of age.

But what you say about book 2 is 100% true, abysmally bad. Not only that but the only reason it even got that bad is the complete and total bullshit of Vaatu separating Raava from Korra because Korra was winning and CAN'T HAVE KORRA DO ANYTHING RIGHT BRYCHAEL. They were supposed to be fused, not in a tapeworm/host relationship.
>>
>>78245962
I think she could defeat Zaheer and still be hurt because she sacrificed herself for the airbenders. In my own example of a "rewrite" the only difference is that Zaheer makes a mistake when he's choking her out with airbending and she beats him up. She would still have been poisoned, he would still have been running to avoid her and so on.
The Chain thing is just a cheap way of avoiding giving her an actual win. By the same token she won over Unavaatu because she spiritbending him out of existence after jinora did her thing.

I think Korra should have defeated pretty much every villain without some sort cop-out victory. Have her outsmart Amon, have her actually beat Unalaq/Vaatu since they're weaker than her anyway, have he deal with Zaheer and have others clean up after her not the other way around, and finally have Korra deal the critical blow to Kuviras plan not play the diplomacy card after Mako granted her the victory.

>>78245995
The general concensus seems to be that book 3 was great. The first few episodes are pretty good too, atleast after they leave the city. Metal city was good, people just didn't like the Lin sub-plot because it sided with Suyin. Villain motivation is more about freedom from corrupt governments, so the only real problem (for me atleast) is that Korra didn't get the victory she deserved. And i guess that spirits didn't play a more important role since the books was called Change afterall.
>>
>>78246078
>I think she could defeat Zaheer and still be hurt because she sacrificed herself for the airbenders
She could, I simply don't think it was necessary in season 3, as it was in the other seasons. Besides, it would diminish her sense of inadequacy entering Book 4.

>>78246078
>I think Korra should have defeated pretty much every villain without some sort cop-out victory
Every other villain, I agree, though her outsmarting Amon? I don't think she'd be able to, Korra is dumb memery aside. I think her plan to beat Amon should have been better, but I think he was too smart and strong for her and figuring out airbending in the last minute to luck out a win worked. Even if Mako being there completely muddled bryke's intended message and instead made it seem like it was just out of love, which sucked.

She definitely should have defeated Vaatu. And she should have definitely beaten the robot by herself.
>>
>>78246143
>She could, I simply don't think it was necessary in season 3
Given how the other seasons ended, i believe it was even more necessary to give her a win. Had she taken Amon and Unavaatu on her own or close enough to, it would be different (i still think it would have annoyed me though). Also you could still spin it like she doesn't believe in herself because she feels like she got lucky, it wasn't her skills that got him, it was his own mistake.

>though her outsmarting Amon?
I said outsmart mostly because i don't see how else you would defeat Amon, he's just that OP. Because i don't think lucking out would work since that's pretty much what happened. Maybe they could go with her previous idea of ousting him as a bender and have him actually bend in public so everyone would know Amon is a bender?
>>
>>78246078
>The first few episodes are pretty good too
- korra being an asshole
- "people, Korra did nothing wrong! losing the past lives is the best possible outcome"
- people get airbending back because
- zaheer being an extremely convenient villain that just happens to know airbending for no reason and be on the red lotus just when people suddenly get airbending back
- Bumi's airbending inconsistencies. The guy basically airbends without motion.
- "hey, i know! instead of helping save people and dealing with spirits in RC, why not teach people this new air trick? that sounds more important"
- no one seems to understand the hypocrisy of Korra condemning what the earth queen is doing
- Zuko being a weak fag, zaheer being unexplainably strong.
>>
>>78246205
>Given how the other seasons ended, i believe it was even more necessary to give her a win.

I don't think it's a good idea to make the ending of a good season worse because the others were bad. You don't fill up a hole by digging another.

>Maybe they could go with her previous idea of ousting him as a bender and have him actually bend in public so everyone would know Amon is a bender?
You mean exactly what happened?
There were 2 problems with the amon fight: 1 is that Korra's plan was a joke. It was literally, "the plot is telling me to go fight Amon now". She didn't even know who he was then, and when she did find out, Bryke's best plan was "go and make claims I can't prove".

The second problem was the airbending, which was poorly explained. I think the reason Bryke talked about to explain the ending does work, but they did a shit job portraying it in the show proper.
>>
>>78246078
>Metal city was good
you do realize the impossibility of a city made out of metal, right?

>Villain motivation is more about freedom from corrupt governments
that's not what zaheer said at all. He said "chaos". Killing leaders is to begin this chaos, for whatever the fuck reason he thinks it will help. Anyone with a brain can see this would never work.

> the only real problem (for me atleast) is that Korra didn't get the victory she deserved
what about Korra's plan to take the most dangerous crimminals on earth by herself? does that sounds like a problem to you?
>>
>>78246243
>- korra being an asshole
She wasn't.
>- "people, Korra did nothing wrong! losing the past lives is the best possible outcome"
Which was in no way her fault. It was a terrible asspull by a shitty villain she had no way of knowing about or countering.
>- people get airbending back because
Because spirit magic around an event that happens every 10,000 years.
>- zaheer being an extremely convenient villain that just happens to know airbending for no reason and be on the red lotus just when people suddenly get airbending back
Zaheer was a great villain who was already a fantastic fighter before being an airbender and who already idolized the culture, which allowed him to quickly get used to his new abilities.
>- Bumi's airbending inconsistencies. The guy basically airbends without motion.
This happens throughout the show from many different benders. There's no "consistent motion" for bending, never was. Aang airbends by sneezing.
>- "hey, i know! instead of helping save people and dealing with spirits in RC, why not teach people this new air trick? that sounds more important"
Not her fault the mayor exiled her to cover his ass.
>- no one seems to understand the hypocrisy of Korra condemning what the earth queen is doing
Which is?
>- Zuko being a weak fag, zaheer being unexplainably strong.
When has Zuko NOT been a jobber? Yeah, that was bad, but it wasn't new.
>>
>>78246256
The first point we just seem to disagree, since it think cutting out Jinora saving korra can only be an improvement.

>You mean exactly what happened?
Kindof, but have it not be random luck. They failed the first time, so now we try to get him into a position where i will oust himself. Don't give her sudden airbending but flee outside or something. I'm not sure how, as i said, I just don't see how else you'd defeat him because going into a fight with him should be suicide.

I agree with you on the problems though, making claims without any proof was dumb, and being handed airbending and get the lucky shot was stupid too.
>>
>>78246293
>you do realize the impossibility of a city made out of metal, right?
It didn't seem to be entirely metal. The name came from the people being primarily metal benders and themselves calling them the Metal Clan. Also they can bend metal, which makes it much easier to build with should you choose to.

>that's not what zaheer said at all
Thats pretty much exactly what he said. He wanted to return to a pre-government state and start over.

>does that sounds like a problem to you?
No because it is literally her job. Sure she could have done it smarter, but it's definately not a problem for me that she does her job.
>>
>since it think cutting out Jinora saving korra can only be an improvement.
I'll agree to disagree, but in my opinion Korra HAD to be saved in Book 3. She was in over her head and badly hurt. Having every airbender that she spent the first half of the season collecting and saving save her back was like poetry. It rhymed.

>>78246342
She wasn't really "handed airbending" any more than Aang was "handed Earthbending" when he fought the moose.

The problem is when Aang fought the moose, it was very clear why that gave him earthbending, while Bryke did a SHIT job of explaining why she suddenly got airbending aganst Amon.

But having Korra defenestrate Amon with an air kick down a narrow corridor was fucking beautiful, and the way he ousted himself made perfect sense.
>>
So damn retarded.

Good thing I don't care anymore.
>>
>>78246395
>She wasn't really "handed airbending" any more than Aang was "handed Earthbending" when he fought the moose.
She kinda was. Her airbending training never seemed to amount to anything. And at the exact moment she needed it, she gets it. Even so she situation was such that airbending would be the last element she should have gotten access to if any.

With Aang and the Moose, you have the entire episode dedicated to him learning about and training earthbending which culminates in a situation where thinking like an earthbender is the solution.

The difference i think was that Aang could earthbend if he was thinking like an earthbender, for most of the episode he could avoid that. Whereas Korra couldn't Airbend (possibly because she doesn't think like an airbender) and gets airbending in a situation where you need something like waterbending or earthbending.

Kicking him out of a window felt weird to me, he should easily have seen that coming, and afterwards he uses bending outside for some reason. Afterwards he is recognised at a pretty far distance, despite nor wearing the mask or his makeup. I think it was a pretty bad ending by pretty much all accounts.
>>
>>78246297
>She wasn't.
- how the FUCK you don't want to be an airbender? get BACK here you fucker!
- i didn't fuck up the city! it was the creature i released!
- fuck you, i'm not going to help with the shit i did!

>Which was in no way her fault
1. it is, because she is the one that released Vaatu and lost the fight
2. that's not the point. It's about how this is treated as a good thing.

>Because spirit magic around an event that happens every 10,000 years
assume what you want. They will never explain it.

>which allowed him to quickly get used to his new abilities
he had less than two weeks. There is no way to become good in aribending in that time, at least not good enough to defeat highly trained guards and release the most dangerous crimminals on the planet. Anyway, the problem is about how convenient it is to know everything about airbending, a lost art that he had no reason and no way to study about since he was only interested in their culture. Studying via scrolls, even if he did find one, is not a good way to learn airbending anyway. You need a true master to get good, like stated in ATLA.

>Aang airbends by sneezing.
creating only wind for a brief moment. The problem is how Bumi literally just points his hand forward and wind keeps going like he is channeling it without even trying. If it was just Bumi i could ignore it, but in the same season Korra is able to avoid a fucking explosion with airbending, shards flying off and everything. The airbenders sucking zaheer is more debatable, but it does looks like bullshit.

>Not her fault the mayor exiled her to cover his ass
he exiled her AFTER she said she wasn't going to help anymore. So it is her fault.

>Which is?
she tried to do the exact same thing one episode ago with the airbenders. Did you even watch the season?

>When has Zuko NOT been a jobber? Yeah, that was bad, but it wasn't new.
yeah, but fuck... it's 50 years, i thought he could get better.
>>
>>78246469
>>78246395
Also i just checked the Moose episode, Aang doesn't even earthbend against the moose, the only thing he learns there is the right mindset which allows him to earthbend.
>>
>>78246469
>She kinda was. Her airbending training never seemed to amount to anything. And at the exact moment she needed it, she gets it.
Like Aang.

>Even so she situation was such that airbending would be the last element she should have gotten access to if any.
Not the way Bryke explained it, though as I said, they completely fucked up the delivery.

>With Aang and the Moose, you have the entire episode dedicated to him learning about and training earthbending which culminates in a situation where thinking like an earthbender is the solution.
With Korra you have a whole season dedicated to her learning about and training earthbending, which is a lot better than spending a fucking day on it. The situation where she gets it is hammy and it wasn't well explained but it does make sense, if you read the commentary. If it had been executed better it would have worked fine.

>>78246469
>>Kicking him out of a window felt weird to me, he should easily have seen that coming
Seeing a massive wall of air coming down a narrow corridor doesn't mean you can avoid it. >>78246469
>Afterwards he is recognised at a pretty far distance
They saw Korra kick him out the window. Who else could it be? They were yelling shit at Korra before he came out of the water, and he was wearing Amon's clothes.
>>
File: Helicarrier.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Helicarrier.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>78243577
>building that stupid robot instead of something like a Helicarrier
>>
>>78246384
>It didn't seem to be entirely metal
it is said to be mostly metal, which means it would get on a very high temperature in the day. It's stupid to make it out of metal.

>He wanted to return to a pre-government state and start over.
he literally said "chaos", because "chaos is the natural state" and that's it. His only argument is that chaos is good because it's natural. I think he doesn't know poison.

>No because it is literally her job
her job is to get herself killed? she could just work with Suyin and RC to take down the villains. Instead she thinks it is better for her and her friends to go alone. it is not and they get captured, because that's a retarded idea in the first place.
>>
>>78246479
>he had less than two weeks. There is no way to become good in aribending in that time, at least not good enough to defeat highly trained guards and release the most dangerous crimminals on the planet.

His entire fighting style was airbending. The only difference is that now he have air manipulation with it.

He was already a famous fighter before it, anyway.
>>
>>78246479
>- how the FUCK you don't want to be an airbender? get BACK here you fucker!

>Taking that scene seriously.

>she tried to do the exact same thing one episode ago with the airbenders.

Holly fuck man, you really likes to exagerate things right?
>>
>>78246479
>- how the FUCK you don't want to be an airbender? get BACK here you fucker!
She was helping the mother evict a freeloading leech. And she lost her temper after being very patient on a guy who was very rude.
>- i didn't fuck up the city! it was the creature i released!
Well, yeah? If Republic City had aided her when she asked, it might not have come to that.
>- fuck you, i'm not going to help with the shit i did!
More like "You want me gone from your city? Okay, fine".

>assume what you want. They will never explain it.
They pretty much did.

>>78246479
>he had less than two weeks.
2 weeks in isolation, and already a good fighter. He was already an extremely dangerous criminal, probably could have beaten the guards without airbending.
>about how convenient it is to know everything about airbending, a lost art that he had no reason and no way to study about since he was only interested in their culture.
You mean besides being the art that Avatar Aang brought back and had a TON of fans and acolytes ready to live the life of an airbender even without powers?

>>78246479
>but it does looks like bullshit.
Nah. We've been over this a million times, there's no "consistent motion" required to bend. Lots of times people keep up a stream of their element by only pointing their hands. It's not very consistent.

>>78246479
>he exiled her AFTER she said she wasn't going to help anymore.
After she told him to get off her back because she was trying her hardest and he was being an asshole.

>she tried to do the exact same thing one episode ago with the airbenders
Sure, offering people the chance to train is the same as capturing people and putting them in concentration camps. And before you mention the NEET, see point 1.

>yeah, but fuck... it's 50 years, i thought he could get better.
Sadly, Zuko is as big a jobber as Korra.
>>
>>78244151
>It would havê looked better if it was more arcaic looking, like Iron Giant, or Shadow of Colossus.

Fire Nation already had stuff like the drill and flame-spewing APCs, so a steampunky version of the Ghost in the Shell spider tank would have been fine. Just a huge walking mount for the spirit cannon to bombard distant targets.

Hell, since it would have been smaller and far more stable than the bullshit-a-tron then the platinum plating would have been slightly less retarded, too.
>>
>>78246552
>His entire fighting style was airbending
his martial art, you mean? that's not stated at all. He is not even stated in the show to know martial arts.

>He was already a famous fighter before it
that's not stated in the show at all

>>78246573
>Taking that scene seriously.
it was supposed to be. They really thought people should like to be airbenders.
>>
>>78246505
>Like Aang.
Not quite, Aang never earthbended until he got the right mindset which was after the moose. Against the moose he airbends, but learns to stand his ground.

>Not the way Bryke explained it, though as I said, they completely fucked up the delivery.
I haven't seen an official explanation (i think), but those i have seen doesn't make sense in the situation.

>If it had been executed better it would have worked fine.
While this is true, her airbending training was pretty much non-existant after pro-bending started. They spent very little time on Korra actually learning airbending, and the few times we do see her train it she is very resistant to the teachings. What makes it a handout in the end is that she never come to the breaking point like Aang did with earthbending. She never gets it in regards to airbending and as such she is "handed" airbending to solve her issue with Amon.

>>78246512
>It's stupid to make it out of metal.
It's an aestethic choice with no real downside for them. It's really not an issue since they know how to build it and can bend metal so it's easy to work with.

>he literally said "chaos", because "chaos is the natural state" and that's it.
He also specificly said he was in favour of communities that help eachother. So returning to the natural state was his goal so that people could be free from tyranny and start over. He says this and it's pretty clear.

>her job is to get herself killed?
Her job is to save the world from dangers. Aka the red lotus whose stated goal is to kill world leaders and overthrow the governments. So she is just doing her job.
Could she have done it better or smarter? Yes, but it's not a problem for the season that she goes out to do her job when Lin is trying to hold her back from doing it.
>>
>>78243577
Yep, it was a good time.
>>
>>78246583
>She was helping the mother evict a freeloading leech. And she lost her temper after being very patient on a guy who was very rude.
making people do something they don't want to is called being an asshole.

> If Republic City had aided her when she asked
this has nothing to do with her opening the portals. She did it because she is an idiot. She didn't even need to go to the spirit world in the first place.

>"You want me gone from your city? Okay, fine"
they only said she should leave after that

>They pretty much did.
they didn't. The max. you will find is "perhaps it was opening the portals", not a real explanation.

>2 weeks in isolation, and already a good fighter
only if you assume he is a good fighter (which is not stated in the show), and that he had all the time in those free weeks, like the guards weren't watching him airbend. Even so, it's less than two weeks, against benders that trained all their lives.
>>
>>78246664
>against benders that trained all their lives.
Thats not stated in the show :^)
>>
>>78246621
>Not quite, Aang never earthbended until he got the right mindset which was after the moose
He earthbends literally seconds after the moose and after only a day of training.

>While this is true, her airbending training was pretty much non-existant after pro-bending started.
They show her training often and she's implied to be doing it daily. Over months.
>She never gets it in regards to airbending
She does get it, because what was blocking her from airbending is gone when she uses it.

>making people do something they don't want to is called being an asshole.
Living with your mother well into your twenties and not going to the training facility she's asking you to go so maybe you make something out of your pathetic life is being a leech.

>She did it because she is an idiot.
She did it because Water Pope said she should, and not a single of the wise people in her council had any real reason why she shouldn't.

>they didn't. The max. you will find is "perhaps it was opening the portals", not a real explanation.
That IS an explanation. Why would characters know the exact workings of Spirit Magic?

>only if you assume he is a good fighter (which is not stated in the show)
It is, directly and indirectly.
>>
Half of >>78246714 is meant for >>78246664
>>
>>78246583
>Avatar Aang brought back
you think Aang would teach airbending to nonbenders? This requires a lot of assumption. The only guy we know that can airbend is tenzin until that point.

>We've been over this a million times, there's no "consistent motion" required to bend
if you're a master bender you require less motion. This is shown some times. Bumi (ATLA bumi) can literally bend by moving his nose. Aang is also a master airbender. While sneeze-airbending probably doesn't requires much, it's noticeable that it is far weaker than putting your hands in front of you, closing your eyes, and lifting your own weight with a power you don't even know how to use. The movements is implied to give power to the bending, so if you move less, the bending should be weaker. If they didn't need the movements, they wouldn't do it. They would just stand next to each other throwing elements while drinking a cup of tea or whatever. But what we see is that small movements can only move small quantities of element. Korra can stop an explosion in S03 with little to no movement.
>>
>>78246753
>you think Aang would teach airbending to nonbenders?
Haha? Were you not paying attention?

>>78246753
>if you're a master bender you require less motion.
Katara destroyed an iceberg by yelling before she ever leanred.
>>
File: 1436559157309.png (341 KB, 471x361) Image search: [Google]
1436559157309.png
341 KB, 471x361
>>78246664
>making people do something they don't want to is called being an asshole.

Sorry, I guess that she should always act civil in a perfect way, and react to every situation on the best way possible, and never get mad over other people, no mather how they treat her.

This makes an interesting character with flaws and personalitty right? Every character MUST follow those steps to not be horrible right?
>>
>>78246621
>It's really not an issue since they know how to build it and can bend metal so it's easy to work with
They can't change temperature.

>He also specificly said he was in favour of communities that help eachother
in what part exactly?

>returning to the natural state was his goal so that people could be free from tyranny and start over
one thing doesn't connect with the other, and simply going full chaos and killing the governments is clearly not the way to do this. Let me put it this way: you kill the leaders. Then what? the problem is that his plans doesn't follow. He thinks it will all happens naturally for no reason. Big surprise, it's not what happens at all.

>Her job is to save the world from dangers.
getting herself killed will save the world from dangers? the thing is, there was zero chance it would work. It's not only "do it smarter". It's "do not act retarded for the sake of moving the plot"
>>
>>78246714
Yes he does earthbend afterwards. But the thing is that he specificly had to learn the mindset before being able to do it. You see him get to that breaking point where he realises that he has to stand his ground or the Moose is going to kill Sokka. This moment doesn't happen for Korra. They imply that she trains for airbending, but she never gets it because she is still unable to produce air current. Without showing the breakthrough we never know that she learned it.
And the moment she uses airbending cannot be that breaking point, because the way she uses it and the situation has nothing to do with the mindset of an airbender. We're taught and shown how airbending is about freedom and detachment. About avoiding confrontations and movement. And how does Korra use it, in a confrontation where she is backed into a corner with a kick to save her attachment. It couldn't be more off than that and it certainly doesn't feel like the culmination of her training in any way. It feels and looks like a handout from god so that the plot can be resolved.
What makes it worse desu, is that in seaons 2 Tenzin flat out states that she doesn't know airbending, and then they don't talk about it ever again.
>>
>>78246686
>Thats not stated in the show
but it is, however, deduced logically. You won't hire anyone to guard the most dangerous crimminals on earth. It is not stated either that people died in conflict in during ATLA with rare exceptions, even with a war going on.
>>
>>78246836
>one thing doesn't connect with the other, and simply going full chaos and killing the governments is clearly not the way to do this.

This is something that anarchists from the beggining of the 20 century literally did. Basically there was an attempt of muder to almost every king or president on Europe.
>>
>>78246858
Sooooooo, if he is THE MOST DANGEROUS CRIMINAL IN THE WORLD, he is probably an excellent fighter, right?

By the way, not the smae anon that you was discussing.

But you seem to be that fag that always comes to the avatar threads, saying how your headcanon are always right.
>>
>>78246836
>They can't change temperature.
That is seemingly not a problem, just as platinum isn't a very rare metal.

>in what part exactly?
When he talks about himself and his comrades. It's not about order vs chaos, but about who you work for and why.

>Let me put it this way: you kill the leaders. Then what?
Then you force people to help eachother or perish which is the plan. As he said, you have to destroy the old before new seeds can grow.

>getting herself killed will save the world from dangers?
Nice try at a strawman, but she is not trying to get herself killed. Had they actually fought at that time Zaheer and his folks would have been destroyed by Korra and her avatar state, since she wouldn't be poisoned and he couldn't fly.

>>78246858
>but it is, however, deduced logically.
So exactly what people do with Zaheer? deduce it logicly that is. How come it is ok for you to make huge leaps of faith but not everyone else?
>>
>>78246836
>simply going full chaos and killing the governments is clearly not the way to do this. Let me put it this way: you kill the leaders. Then what?

Anarchists literally did that at the turn of the last century. They assassinated a whole bunch of European and American leaders for no other reason but "eh, they're the head of a government".

Hell, Empress Sisi of Austria, who was universally beloved by her populace, was literally shot because her assassin missed his first target and he decided "I'm going to kill a royal and I don't care which one it is".
>>
>>78246714
>Living with your mother well into your twenties and not going to the training facility she's asking you to go so maybe you make something out of your pathetic life is being a leech
which means she can kick him out of her home, not force him to go become an air nomad. "avatar, take my useless son out of my home" is okay. "avatar, force him to become an air nomad" is not.

>She did it because Water Pope said she should
i'm talking about the second portal

>That IS an explanation
statements made by characters is not proof. The second part of what you said actually explains that part for you ("Why would characters know the exact workings of Spirit Magic"?). The fact that we know NOTHING of it is the bad part. It looks random without a logical explanation.

>It is, directly and indirectly.
where exactly? i don't remember them saying he is a martial artist. I think only Bryke said that after S03.
>>
>>78246775
>Haha? Were you not paying attention?
when exactly he did that?

>Katara destroyed an iceberg by yelling before she ever leanred
what part exactly? i think they said it cracked a little, not sure.
>>
>>78246843
The thing is you're confused about Korra. She can't use airbending because of her mindset, but it's not the mindset you're thinking of.

It's because Korra is tied down by her need to live up to expectations, to live up to Aang's legacy. It makes great sense, since it's what she's been trained her whole life to do. What bryke tried to do, and failed, is to have her become free of those expectations when she lost to Amon. Now there was no longer the need to live up to her legacy, it became a purely free and personal "I want to save my friends" which helped her airbend. This is actually corroborated in Book 3: The reason Tenzin can't be Korra's guide, is because he's also tied down by the pressures of his role as the leader of his nation.

>What makes it worse desu, is that in seaons 2 Tenzin flat out states that she doesn't know airbending
They were just bickering at each other. Korra doesn't stop learning to airbend and she was actually quite decent by book 3.
>>
File: 12.jpg (37 KB, 378x413) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
37 KB, 378x413
>>78246945
>which means she can kick him out of her home, not force him to go become an air nomad. "avatar, take my useless son out of my home" is okay. "avatar, force him to become an air nomad" is not.

I see that you ignored me.

Again:

>Taking this scene seriously.

Oh wait...I guess that she should always act civil in a perfect way, and react to every situation on the best way possible, and never get mad over other people, no mather how they treat her.

This makes an interesting character with flaws and personalitty right? Every character MUST follow those steps to not be horrible right?
>>
>>78246816
> I guess that she should always act civil in a perfect way, and react to every situation on the best way possible, and never get mad over other people, no mather how they treat her.
hey, just saying "korra being an asshole" is part of S03. Why it is bad is up to discussion. For example, she didn't learn anything for the past two seasons, and people still treats her like she is right. the problem is not the flaw, it's how no one calls bullshit on that for that long. It shows a flaw with all characters.
>>
>>78246945
>which means she can kick him out of her home, not force him to go become an air nomad.
You're autistic, I swear. She just wanted her son to get out of the house and learn something, not disown him. Korra lost her temper momentarily, she didn't actually kidnap him.

>i'm talking about the second portal
Again, she went there because the plot was not very well written. Everyone agreed she had to do it. Why? No one knows. I guess they decided it was too risky to go through the cosmic event with only one portal sealed.

>statements made by characters is not proof.
>Logical explanation about spirit magic
Alright anon.

>where exactly? i don't remember them saying he is a martial artist.
They literally say every one of those 4 terrorists were a huge threat. His design also shows it, he's bulky and hardened, like a warrior.
>>
>>78246958
>what part exactly? i think they said it cracked a little, not sure.
When she BROKE AANG OUT OF THE ICEBERG.

>when exactly he did that?
When he re-founded the airbender nation, you dope. It was his mission to spread airbender philosophy as much as possible. Not to mention Zaheer, being Red Lotus which was an offshoot of the White Lotus, obviously had access to a lot of knowledge.
>>
File: you are a dumb shit.gif (171 KB, 267x199) Image search: [Google]
you are a dumb shit.gif
171 KB, 267x199
>>78246945
>where exactly?

Not him....but did you ever saw him fighting? Do you think that he became an estremelly skilled fighter just because of the airbending, and wasnt one before?

Again, he is considered one of the most dangerous criminals in the world, that needed to be constantly guarded by the White Lotus on a remote territory, without any kind of resources.

If you need it literally spelled at you, you dear autistic, is the real problem. Never saw other people on this site, or anywhere, complain about it, besides you. Its obviou that he is a martial artist from the beggining.
>>
>>78246887
first of, killing a king or president will only trigger the order of sucession. Second, most people that did this had other interests. Any interest is better than "fucking CHAOS!".

>>78246904
>if he is THE MOST DANGEROUS CRIMINAL IN THE WORLD, he is probably an excellent fighter, right?
what is lex luthor
>>
>>78247052
>Second, most people that did this had other interests.

Tell me them the "hidden" interests of the assassination of political figures on the last century.

Go on, show us that you are not making bulshit execuses as you go.

>what is lex luthor
An extremelly good fighter, that also builds dangerous machines. Do you even read comics?
>>
>>78246963
>It's because Korra is tied down by her need to live up to expectations, to live up to Aang's legacy.
If that was what they were going for they failed miserably. Especially because they didn't manage to convey it in the moment, and they failed to convey it afterwards aswell when she literally considers suicide because she isn't gong to be able to live up to the legacy anymore.

>This is actually corroborated in Book 3: The reason Tenzin can't be Korra's guide
Do you mean book 2? Because if not i'm not sure what you mean by being her guide. If you do mean book 2 i don't think his ability to enter the spirit world has much to do with his responsibilities. After all other leaders have been perfectly capable of entering the spirit world. And i honestly don't know why he wasn't able to.

>They were just bickering at each other.
It was still Tenzin making a point of it that Korra hasn't learned to be responsible and she doesn't know her airbending very well. And not much later her airbending training is stopped because she "fires" tenzin. They just stop talking about her airbending training and makes her better at it down the line.
>>
>>78247052
>Second, most people that did this had other interests. Any interest is better than "fucking CHAOS!".

No, you complete moron, a lot of them didn't.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassination_of_William_McKinley

They killed them simply because "We're anarchists, and it's our sworn duty to kill them!".
>>
>>78247124
And from the assassination of Empress Elisabeth:

>"I am an anarchist by conviction...I came to Geneva to kill a sovereign, with object of giving an example to those who suffer and those who do nothing to improve their social position; it did not matter to me who the sovereign was whom I should kill...It was not a woman I struck, but an Empress; it was a crown that I had in view."
>>
>>78246925
>seemingly not a problem
THAT'S the problem. Also, platinum is not really used to build stuff so i doubt it is made out of platinum. Well, there is a reason they call it 'plot metal'.

>who you work for and why
that is not "specificaly said he was in favour of communities that help eachother"

>Then you force people to help eachother or perish which is the plan
or to chose a new leader, which is much more likely to occur, like it eventually did. If he thinks that letting people kill themselves until they find that new leader is okay, this is not 'think about community'. It's 'fuck the community'.

>she is not trying to get herself killed
she is just being retarded

>Had they actually fought at that time Zaheer and his folks would have been destroyed
nice assumption. They could take the entire metal city, so it's a stupid risk that she doesn't need to take. Also, her avatar state is shit now and it is 4x3 with bolin without lavabending.
>>
>>78247102
>If that was what they were going for they failed miserably
I agree completely.

>when she literally considers suicide because she isn't gong to be able to live up to the legacy anymore.
Baby steps. You can't overturn a lifetime of indoctrination in an instant. Aang didn't become a total stubborn earthbener when he learned it, he just faced a threat head on. Once.

>>78247102
>Do you mean book 2
Yeah. Spirit guide. They mention (outside again, bravo Bryke) that Tenzin can't into spirit very well because he's tied down by his responsibilities.
>After all other leaders have been perfectly capable of entering the spirit world.
Other leader's aren't the sole living airbender and responsible for bringing back an entire culture. It's also a matter of personality, Tenzin is very strict with himself.

>It was still Tenzin making a point of it that Korra hasn't learned to be responsible and she doesn't know her airbending very well.
Which is true, but she never stops learning. She "fired" tenzin for good reason, she felt betrayed by him and her father. She begs him to come back.
>>
>>78243803
It could be argued that good enough Earthbenders/Metalbenders could still wreck shit in a world with conventional firearms.

If you have seismic sense, you'd jam any firearm you could detect.

>>78243721
This. With all that platinum, why didn't they just /buy/ Republic City?

Also the mech is a retarded idea. They could have made a fleet of conventional railguns, kept them within territory lines, and wrecked shit from across the world.
>>
>>78246933
>They assassinated a whole bunch of European and American leaders for no other reason but "eh, they're the head of a government"
which is retarded. What i'm explaining is exactly that his motivations doesn't make sense. Your point is?
>>
>>78247205
They make sense, for Anarchists.
>>
>>78245738

Can not unsee..
>>
>>78246981
>Taking this scene seriously.
as i said before: yeah, taking it seriously considering they did thought that people should like to become air nomads, which is stupidity itself.

>oh wait...I guess that she should always act civil in a perfect way, and react to every situation on the best way possible, and never get mad over other people, no mather how they treat her. This makes an interesting character with flaws and personalitty right? Every character MUST follow those steps to not be horrible right?
i responded to that.
>>
File: 1441247625193.png (202 KB, 329x288) Image search: [Google]
1441247625193.png
202 KB, 329x288
>>78247205
>which is retarded. What i'm explaining is exactly that his motivations doesn't make sense. Your point is?

So go complain with reality your stupid autist. Anarchists are stupid, but this was in character and make sense for them.
>>
File: coughlin_what.jpg (490 KB, 1347x1058) Image search: [Google]
coughlin_what.jpg
490 KB, 1347x1058
>>78247205
>His motivations don't make sense!
>Historical anarchists literally did exactly what Zaheer did on multiple occasions
>That's retarded! His motivations don't make sense!

You are a special kind of stupid, aren't you?
>>
File: holly shit fucking kek why.gif (2 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
holly shit fucking kek why.gif
2 MB, 400x300
>>78247271
He is always sperging on avatar threads to be honest. No one likes him, he is literally autistic and stupid.
>>
>>78247193
>You can't overturn a lifetime of indoctrination in an instant
I agree, but what i meant with the suicide thing was that they managed to continue having her tied down by the thing you suggested she was supposed to be freed from. So not only did they not manage to show that she changed during the fight with Amon, they also managed to show the opposite after the fight.

> into spirit very well because he's tied down by his responsibilities.
I don't see how those two things are connected desu. I'm sure Unalaq and Zaheer also felt they had very big resposibilities but that didn't stop them from going into spirit stuff.

>Which is true, but she never stops learning.
I just don't see who would be teaching her the right way of airbending. They don't have that much time to train during book 2 afterall. I wasn't trying to get into the whole "was she justified" thing with her firing tenzin, it was more as a reminder that without him she doesn't have a teacher anymore.
>>
>>78244402
>I think only the armor is platinum, the inside is probably another metal.
The whole point of using platinum is that it's too pure to be affected by metalbending. If there was any other metal beneath it, then it offers no advantage.
>>
>>78247348
It was normal metal on the inside, as SuYin and Lin show by metal bending it's insides. How Platinum blocks metal bending i have no idea, but for some reason it does.
>>
>>78247011
>She just wanted her son to get out of the house and learn something, not disown him.
and he didn't want to. Force him is to be an asshole, like Korra was doing.

>she went there because the plot was not very well written
basically this. The thing is, she knew at that point from the wan episodes and from unalaq himself that he needed both portals open, so they go there just because.

>Logical explanation about spirit magic
the only thing specified is that "it's probably opening the portals". It could be that. It could be the 10k years thing. It could be because there is only 4 airbenders on the planet. It could be some kind of entity doing it. Could be many things. There is a lack of a better explanation because Bryke didn't think it was important, but when it is the sole reason to move the plot i think knowing more about it is a must.

>>78247027
> BROKE AANG OUT OF THE ICEBERG
as i said, it cracked. It's not like she blow it to bits.

>It was his mission to spread airbender philosophy as much as possible
you mean air nomad philosophy. There is nothing saying he teach people airbending without actually airbending. It could be that zaheer had a airbending scroll. As we know scrolls don't help much, and i think it helps even less if you don't actually airbends.
>>
>>78247309
>they also managed to show the opposite after the fight.
That depends, Korra still wants to be the Avatar, it's what she was brought up to do and also what she wanted to always do. She was terribly upset because she felt crippled at the thing she wanted to do the most, it wasn't just about living up to expectations. And it's not like when the consequences of what happened finally sunk in, she wouldn't realized how bad her situation was.

>>78247309
None of those people were brought up since childhood to be the leader of a nation and the sole repository of knowledge about airbending. Tenzin was simply never able to learn, in part because of this.

>>78247309
>I just don't see who would be teaching her the right way of airbending. They don't have that much time to train during book 2 afterall.
They do after. Korra still lives in RC for a while, and when they leave they're literally all about returning the airbenders. Korra is also perfectly capable of improving by herself.

Korra solved her issues with Tenzin, anon.
>>
File: One punch knucles.gif (721 KB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
One punch knucles.gif
721 KB, 280x280
>>78247397
>There is nothing saying he teach people airbending without actually airbending.

Well, o the comic, the acolytes all know airbending martial arts.

> As we know scrolls don't help much

Are you retarded? This directly goes against what we are show on ATLA.

>and i think it helps even less if you don't actually airbends.

Its still a martial art, you just learn it like any martial art.

Also, I think that you never whatched a wuxia movie.
>>
>>78247035
>Do you think that he became an estremelly skilled fighter just because of the airbending, and wasnt one before?
it is safe to assume he knows a thing or two about airbending. Now, considering him a very skilled fighter without him even throwing a single punch in S03? that's too much.

>he is considered one of the most dangerous criminals in the world, that needed to be constantly guarded by the White Lotus on a remote territory, without any kind of resources
like lex luthor. You build prison to keep people out as well. Doesn't mean the guy imprisoned has to be strong.
>>
>>78247397
>you mean air nomad philosophy.
I mean Air nomad CULTURE, which includes airbending.

>as i said, it cracked. It's not like she blow it to bits.
And? No motion. It was literally unconscious bending.

>>78247397
>Force him is to be an asshole, like Korra was doing.
She lost her temper after being very polite and patient because HE was being an asshole. Curb your autism.

>he thing is, she knew at that point from the wan episodes and from unalaq himself that he needed both portals open, so they go there just because.
Unalaq literally told her he didn't need her, and nothing in the Wan Episodes said what would happen if only one portal was open. It was a big risk to take.

>the only thing specified is that "it's probably opening the portals". It could be that.
It's a perfectly reasonable explanation. It was a huge cosmic spiritual event that covered the globe.
>>
>>78243648
If I was redesigning the Avatar setting I'd make it so the Fire Nation had guns from the beginning but I'd also make chi a lot more important in combat, benders would have vast reserves of chi that they could use to reinforce their bodies and the best way to hurt them would be to use a chi infused attack like bending or a strike from a trained swordsman. Obviously mook benders would still go down to a few gunshots, which is why Firebender mooks wear so much armor, but someone like Iroh or Bumi would be effectively bulletproof and to fight them you'd need either another master bender or a anti-bender specialist like Ty Lee or Piandao. This would also explain why folks like Mai or the Yu Yang Archers target the clothing of their enemies instead of the skin, they know their attacks would bounce off.

Also I'd get rid of the Airbender Genocide, the attack would've still have been very destructive but the Airbenders would still be around by the time Aang thaws and they would be divided into three types of groups. The ones who have been in hiding since Sozin's Comet and just trying to survive, this would be the group that has kept the most Airbender teachings but also want no part in the war. The ones who have joined the fight against the Fire Nation, they have forsaken a lot of the teachings and are a lot more warlike then the Airbenders of Aangs time. And the ones who have become Janissaries of the Fire Nation, this group has been fed Fire Nation propaganda for the past hundred years and are given a lot of benefits for serving The Nation, they're pretty fanatical to say the least. One of Aang's goals would be to try and unite the Airbenders and return them to the way he remembers them.
>>
>>78247369
It was stated in TLA that you bend the impurities as opposed to the metal itself. The platinum doesn't have these so you can't bend it.
>>
>>78247435
>it is safe to assume he knows a thing or two about airbending.

For what we know he is already a master at the physical and spiritual aspect of it. Really, you are the only person who whatched the show who has a problem with it, while everyone else knows that he was a great martial artist. How you feel about it?

>like lex luthor.
Bad example because Luthor is an extremelly skilled fighter too. We are also show and told inumerous times how dangerous he is. Really, WHY you think that he is considered so dangerous on the first place, to be locked there?
>>
>>78247088
>Tell me them the "hidden" interests of the assassination of political figures on the last century.
as discussed on another post, it is that, or you can just consider them retarded. That's your call. "happening in real life" doesn't exactly mean it is a "good villain".

>An extremelly good fighter
depends on what lex luthor we are talking about. Point is, the prisons he is put in aren't supposed to be like that because of his fighting skills. He is imprisoned like he is some kind of superman most of the time. That's not because of his physical strength. It's because he is smart, and becuase people can try to take him out of there. This means the original point that "if the prison needed that much guards, this means he is a good fighter" doesn't make sense.
>>
>>78247124
that's one case, and as discussed in other posts, this just means they are retarded. The point is that this is not the reasoning of a good villain. He might as well just wants the leaders "for the lulz".
>>
>>78247415
>Korra still wants to be the Avatar
While true, she would still be held down by her responsibilities of being the avatar. Which would indicate that she had not released herself from those reposinsibilities and achieved that sense of freedom. So i stand by them not conveying her letting go of her responsibilities as the avatar during or after her fight with Amon. It is however the best explanation i have heard so far, which might improve the ending for me a little bit.

>Tenzin was simply never able to learn, in part because of this.
But why? What is the connection between heavy responsibility and spirit world access. It's not linked to airbending, the discipline that is all about letting go of those things. A discipline Tenzin is a master at. To me atleast it doesn't make sense in universe that he can't enter the spirit world, when less spiritual people than him can (thinking of Unalaq here, since he also shares the leader thing and isn't an airbender). It feels like they just wanted to give jinora more to do and that, that is the real reason.

>Korra solved her issues with Tenzin, anon.
I don't think i was implying she didn't. All i meant was that during Book 2 they don't have the time to do it. Afterwards in book 3 they have plenty of time, but i seem to recall Korra being pretty good at airbending in book 2 aswell after she fired Tenzin (i might be mistaken though).
>>
>>78246509
Spirit energy powered turbines?
>>
>>78247227
>They make sense, for Anarchists.
they don't make sense for everyone else. Let me put it this way: your reasoning is that killing Obama will stop terrorist attacks in France. Does that make you a good villain for a comic or show? of course not. Making sense to you is different from not being completely retarded.
>>
>>78247397
>as i said, it cracked. It's not like she blow it to bits.

On the comics, Toph detect metal benders by them showing strong ameotions in public, and unconsiously moving her space metal bracelet.

>>78247504
My god, you are really retarded...
>>
>>78247495
I know, but what i said was that the insides of the mech aren't made of plantinum. And they can't for whatever reason bend that metal on the other side of the platinum shell.
>>
>>78247261
>>78247271
>So go complain with reality your stupid autist
my point is not that "it happens in reality". It is that this is a bad motivation for a villain. If you're saying that "zaheer is stupid. This makes sense", this means he is NOT a good villain.
>>
File: destroyer.png (89 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
destroyer.png
89 KB, 625x626
>>78247504
This has to be bait.
>>
File: headpost.gif (420 KB, 225x236) Image search: [Google]
headpost.gif
420 KB, 225x236
>>78247537
That's one of many. Go ahead, go and look at all the assassinations in Europe in the 19th Century, and look at how many were committed by anarchists for anarchist reasons.

>>78247604
It makes him fucking dangerous you retard. If he genuinely thinks he's helping the world by killing off its leaders, it makes him more dangerous than a regular villain because it means he'll kill despite the adverse effects his actions will happen.
>>
>>78247590
They probably can't sense it through the platinum. It's pretty thick.
>>
>>78247679
Possibly, honestly i only replied to specify that it wasn't made of pure platinum.
>>
>>78247433
>the acolytes all know airbending martial arts.
now i'm interested. Where exactly?

>This directly goes against what we are show on ATLA
it didn't help Katara at all. Hell, Pakku straight out said that you need a real master to be good.

>Its still a martial art, you just learn it like any martial art.
it's more a power than a martial art. Korra knew all the movements and couldn't do shit. Bumi simply point his hands in one direction and can airbend. I think it's more (or at least partially) about knowing how to release it, something zaheer can't possibly know by reading scrolls (but again, neither should Bumi).
>>
>>78243577
penis
>>
>>78247676
*his actions will cause

Fuck, my brain is lowering itself to your level more and more the longer I argue with you.
>>
>>78247676
Anarchists are idiots. To think that removing all forms of leadership or authority will achieve peace because everyone will just do so because it's the right thing to do is childish.
>>
File: tumblr_nd45hfWNVr1rtm47wo1_1280.png (363 KB, 640x465) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nd45hfWNVr1rtm47wo1_1280.png
363 KB, 640x465
Oh well, at least we got one good relationship out of it.
>>
>>78247466
>I mean Air nomad CULTURE, which includes airbending.
first, it is not said what exactly is Aang's mission. Just that he is showing those people his ways. It's a stretch to say he is teaching them airbending when nothing points out to that, and it would be useless to do so.

>And? No motion. It was literally unconscious bending.
and as i said, i was talking about strong bending happening without movement, not any bending. It's about magnitude, like the bloodbenders from S01 LoK. They are clearly experienced and trained for that.

>She lost her temper after being very polite and patient because HE was being an asshole
- become an air nomad!
- no
- what do you mean no? you HAVE to! it's your obligation to the WORLD!
- no it's not
- YES IT IS

>Unalaq literally told her he didn't need her, and nothing in the Wan Episodes said what would happen if only one portal was open
Unalaq said to Korra before that he needed her to open the other portal. Not only that, in Wan episodes it is said that opening both portals is what makes shit hits the fan. More than that and i would need to watch the episode again to tell you exactly where it is, and i'm not subjecting myself to torture. Also, being a big risk or not, she decided to open the second portal. Unalaq had Jinora, and Korra decided to count with the kindness of Unalaq's heart to let jinora go if Korra condemns the entire planet. Not only she choses to set Vaatu free to try to save a girl, Unalaq obviously won't let her go. It's not only her fault to go there. It's her fault to open the portal itself.

another thing, if he didn't need her, why even use her to open the first portal? why not simply open it from the spirit world, or even go there himself?

>It's a perfectly reasonable explanation
a sentient being fucking with them is also a reasponable explanation. My point is: they could explain it better; they needed to but everyone kind of decides to ignore it.
>>
File: die desu sempai.jpg (20 KB, 302x217) Image search: [Google]
die desu sempai.jpg
20 KB, 302x217
>>78247710
>now i'm interested. Where exactly?
Roght before Earth Kingdon forces fight FN city, they got in the middle of the armies with Aang and say to him that they trained air bending movements, and them they use it to fight both sides.

>it didn't help Katara at all.
Are you literally retarded? Seriosuly, this is the opposite of what we are show, she started to get really good at waterbending after the episode with the scroll, Paku only reinforced that a child cant just use one scroll and anything else to be a ,master, but an expert on obcure air nomad culture, like Zaheer, probabbly had more than it.

Also, you seem to lack the habilitty to detect anything that isnt said directly, you cant really get anything that is subtitle, and act like your theories are facts. This is a real sympton of autism, and I really think that you has it.

>it's more a power than a martial art.

Every single movement of bending is usually a martial art movement. If you are a master bender, you are also a master of said martial art.

With Zaheer? He just trained the real life martial art of what air bending is copied, and when he got bending, he used with it.

>>78247765
Go ask the anarchist on /pol/ or /his/ them, they might know better, but it is a ligimate threat, based on real world problens that happened, and on a time period that emulates the show. So stop being a little autistic fucking bitch and study something.
>>
>>78247503
>For what we know he is already a master at the physical and spiritual aspect of it
actually, no. We don't know that. Being defeated by tenzin just shows that he is good, but not that good. He is in some place called "better than he reasonably should be but still not a master".

>everyone else knows that he was a great martial artist
Bryke had to come and explain it to the fans in tumblr because they got asked that a lot.

>Bad example because Luthor is an extremelly skilled fighter too
not all incarnations of lex luthor. The point is, he is put in a prison made to hold people much stronger than him not because of his physical strength, but because of his influence and intelligence. The same could be for zaheer, people could try to take him out. What i mean is that "being imprisoned in a good prison" is not an argument that automatically means he is physically stronger.
>>
>>78247583
>On the comics, Toph detect metal benders by them showing strong ameotions in public, and unconsiously moving her space metal bracelet.
as i explained, it's a matter of magnitude. Yes, emotions can crack/move things a little. But you can't create a giant wave with it. Only master can move that much of his element with less movement. Just look at the fight with old toph as an example. She barely moves and defeats Korra.
>>
>>78247676
>That's one of many. Go ahead, go and look at all the assassinations in Europe in the 19th Century, and look at how many were committed by anarchists for anarchist reasons.
again, the point is how it is not a good reasoning. See other posts discussing that.

>It makes him fucking dangerous you retard.
it also makes him stupid to believe he is helping like that when logically he won't. Dangerous =/= good villain.
>>
>>78247963
>actually, no

He defeated everyone that he had fought until that point, including a water bending master. He could be on the same level as a master air bender, but still be weaker than Tenzin, because not all masters have the same habilitty, but I dont think so.

>Bryke had to come and explain it to the fans in tumblr because they got asked that a lot.

You are literally appealing to the lowest denominator, by comparing yourself with other stupid people.

>The point is, he is put in a prison made to hold people much stronger than him not because of his physical strength

Zaheer doesnt have money, influence or anything else. Why do you think that he is comparable to Luthor?
>>
>>78248034
A villain needs to be dangerous and be internally consistent. Which Zaheer is. Just because you disagree with his reasoning doens't make it invalid or unsound.
>>
>>78248034
>Wants freedom
>Wants to shatter a sign of the regime for freedom
>Works to do so
He has great reasoning, it just isn't a reasonable goal for most.
>>
>>78247905
Anarchy still wouldn't work as a long term solution to anything. How would you make sure no form of governing or authority will pop up? Can't put together a group to enforce this as that would go against that mindset. No one would be allowed to work together and help each other because wouldn't that be a form of organization? It's no different than saying everyone will be free and safe as along as they follow and do everything I say. You need a balance of both which is what we're constantly trying to do. Going to either extreme is bad.

Did these anarchists do this so that a different government could rise up and be better for the people? If that was the case then they weren't doing it for anarchist reasons. Or so they wish the land would be in a permanent state of chaos and every man for himself mentality? I honestly can't wrap my head around how anarchy would ever be considered a good thing even when toppling a corrupt gov't. Korra already showed what happens. You create a power vacuum, a military dictatorship will always come into power because they're usually the first to bring about some form of order and nothing changes for the people.
>>
>>78247905
>Roght before Earth Kingdon forces fight FN city, they got in the middle of the armies with Aang and say to him that they trained air bending movements, and them they use it to fight both sides.
was looking at The promise here right now. I found nothing like that. Actually, Aang had just met them. Is it on another comic?

>she started to get really good at waterbending after the episode with the scroll
not really. The only part we really see her fight after that, with Pakku, she gets defeated easily.

>Paku only reinforced that a child cant just use one scroll and anything else to be a master
he said specifically that you need a master to train you.

>you seem to lack the habilitty to detect anything that isnt said directly
- zaheer is well known to be a very skilled fighter
- where is this stated?
- we see him fight!
- no, we only see him airbend, and not really use any kind of martial arts.
- how can you not see it? it's right there!

>Every single movement of bending is usually a martial art movement. If you are a master bender, you are also a master of said martial art.
"said martial art" doesn't exactly exist in the avatar world. They do use some movements of real world martial arts, but that doesn't mean the martial art canonically exists on that world or that all of the bending movements can translate to martial arts. We must assume this translation is true, and that zaheer trained that specific martial art for this to work.
>>
>>78247963
>it's a matter of magnitude. Yes, emotions can crack/move things a little. But you can't create a giant wave with it.

Its LITERALLY what Katara did on the first episode.

>>78248152
Go discuss it with anarchists, or someone who believe on their ideology.
>>
>>78248046
>He defeated everyone that he had fought until that point, including a water bending master
you do realize the level of bullshit on that, right? i mean, a guy that have airbending for two weeks to do that.

>You are literally appealing to the lowest denominator, by comparing yourself with other stupid people.
it was enough people that Bryke had to explain it. Their explanation sucked, by the way. Something like "if a skilled martial artist get his hands on a broom, he will still be able to defeat you with that broom".

>Zaheer doesnt have money, influence or anything else
literally red lotus. That's a lot of influence. He is also the leader of the most dangerous benders on the planet.
>>
>>78248085
>A villain needs to be dangerous and be internally consistent
a GOOD villain needs much more than that. Ozai was dangerous and internally consistent. Unalaq was at some extent.

>Just because you disagree with his reasoning doens't make it invalid or unsound.
i said "completely retarded", not a simple disagreement. It's comparable with killing people for the lulz. There is no way for that to work.

>>78248142
>Wants freedom
chaos is exactly what he states. Not only that, killing leaders will only make other leaders appear. This is the logical outcome. He is retarded and did not expect that.
>>
>>78248227
>Its LITERALLY what Katara did on the first episode
again, it's a matter of magnitude. All she does is a little crack.
>>
File: Happy fun times.png (1 MB, 509x977) Image search: [Google]
Happy fun times.png
1 MB, 509x977
>>78248190
>Is it on another comic?
Dont know which comic was, but it was when the earth King attacked the city that would become Republic City.

Wel, its way after he met them.

>not really.
Yes, really.

>she gets defeated easily
She impressed him.

>we only see him airbend, and not really use any kind of martial arts.
>how can you not see it? it's right there!

HOLLY FUCKING SHIT! All the air bending movements are movements of martial arts. How you say that we dont see him using martial arts? You doesnt even seem to know a basic thing like that about the franchine. Kill yourself.

>"said martial art" doesn't exactly exist in the avatar world.

It just has other name. All the movements are the same, and we know that you dont need bending to use them.

>but that doesn't mean the martial art canonically exists on that world

The entire show is about people fighting each other with magical martial arts, Its based on fucking wuxia movies, obviously that martial arts exist.

>We must assume this translation is true, and that zaheer trained that specific martial art for this to work.

Which is obvious. The guy is fanatic for air bending culture and philosophy.
>>
File: elmo well then.jpg (5 KB, 178x180) Image search: [Google]
elmo well then.jpg
5 KB, 178x180
>>78243577
>mfw this never bothered me.
>>
>>78248324
Then what makes a good villain for you? Zaheers has a goal and political views. He believes in them and they do make sense if you follow his reasoning

Zaheers reason for killing government leaders is to save people from the corrupt regimes that abuse them. It is about setting them free. And his arguments are definately not "completely retarded". They might be optimistic, but i have no problem with that.
>>
File: jjj.jpg (5 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
jjj.jpg
5 KB, 150x150
Ok, I forfeit.

This guy is just too stupid. I have better things to do than discuss with a guy that says that bending used by Zuko, Aang, Zaheer and Korrra is not a martial art. You have to be really fucking idiot to not get one of the most iconic and displayed things of the franchine.
>>
>>78248345
No she literally breaks an iceberg.
>>
This is why I'll never incorporate giant mechs or high fantasy into any of my work. Because there's just no way to do it without it being completely retarded, as many in this thread have done well to point out.
>>
>>78248444
Giant golems.

Giant Spirits using armors, that you control from the inside.
>>
the 1 second gay handholding also happened
>>
>>78248324
I'd totally agree anarchy, the more pure it is, just cannot happen for long. But his goal isn't "no gods, no masters forever." He wanted an age cut from the leadership that dogged him, and those similar to him. There is no duplicity in Zaheer's personality. He knows his way will get people hurt. But his connection to his goal is so strong it comes with an almost righteous background when he becomes a master airbender.
>>
>>78248507

Human-size golems or a little larger are okay for me, that can have some cultural explanation for why they'd be used, like a primitive civilization. But a giant humanoid robot that's like two stories and up? Fuck that. Just make a UFO or some shit. That's way more imaginative than some giant robot that's way too difficult to draw and animate properly. Giant mechs are on the same level as tanks with two cannons on the top or armor with shoulders that suggest it's impossible to raise your arms.
>>
File: 1449553121941.jpg (27 KB, 646x364) Image search: [Google]
1449553121941.jpg
27 KB, 646x364
>>78243803

That fucking pic
>>
>>78248389
His thinking is horribly flawed though if he thinks that if there was no ruling parties anymore everyone would remain peaceful. Not everyone is a good person as any fucking person can tell you. Zaheer is making really stupid gamble in thinking everyone will think the way he does. Look what happened after her killed the Earth Queen. Raiders devastated the rural regions and a militaristic dictatorship lead by power hungry psycho rose up. This guy doesn't have a fucking clue about anything in how human society works.

Of all the Korra villains, this guy is the most frustrating. He sounds like a teenage who finally started to realize some people in power are corrupt and a little bit on anarchy and we're supposed to think he's wise because "PEOPLE GOTTA BE FREE, MAAANNNN!" This guy is just a fucking hippy with a gun.
>>
>>78248916
His ideals are flawed for sure, but so is everyone elses too. And i don't think he wants a world without rules and necessarily peace. He just wants people to have the freedom to choose for themselves and live out the chaos. I imagine that he is counting on people to remember how shit their lives were before and so they won't join the next dictator that shows up. Unfortunately for him he couldn't get rid of the other nations leaders so they set up a puppet government.

I do agree though that he seems to have a very simple understanding of his own ideology, but i'd write that up to being Bryke not knowing much about it. And since they're wrote him and his dialogue, he can only have their level of understanding.
>>
>>78248689
I'm glad they did something like this. You have a world where people interact with spirits and bend the elements, go crazy with the science you can come up with. I thought it was cool they were using the spirit vines as energy source and weapon. The tech in this world should be fantastic.

It's weird looking back at TLA and think how the fire nation barely had any fire technology until just about a hundreds years before Korra. Those guys should have had advanced cannons and guns powered by fire bending. The fact they jumped all the way to internal combustion engines is weird seeing how guns would be the first step towards fire based engines since they're far more complex. But that could just be because of not allowing guns in a kids show. Like the Fire nation army could be fighters excelling in ranged and close combat.

>>78249026
Then they should have done more reading up or thought a little more about the philosophy they wanted this guy to have and the politics they wanted to bring up to the audience. Like fucking Levine trying to talk about quantum mechanics and multi-universe theory.
>>
>>78243577

>Chinese metal wizards can make metal do stuff
>Fine
>Chinese metal wizards make metal into a big robot
>MUH DISBELIEF

You faggots will whine over literally anything.
>>
>>78249292
>Then they should have done more reading up or thought...
I agree, but it just seems like the norm for LoK, lazy writing and research.
>>
>>78249306
She did it with a metal that is stated to be immune to metal wizard powers. But do keep showing that you haven't watched it.
>>
>>78243577
THE UNENLIGHTENED MASSES
>>
>>78249345
But they didn't do research for anything else in the show really. All the other villains had pretty straightforward reasons. Amon's was based on his history with his father which formed his viewpoints on all benders, Unalaq was just a generic bad guy that wanted to rule the world and Kuvira was a misguided patriot who believed what she was doing was best for her country. Zaheer was them trying to bring up a debate among the viewer but failing miserably.
>>
>>78249477
Yeah thats what i meant. They were lazy the whole way through.

Allthough some would argue they tried to start a debate with every villain by making them more or less right in some areas but just taking it to an extreme. Personally i don't think so, they just mentioned stuff, like equality, and quickly stopped caring about it. Probably because actually doing something with it takes time and work.
>>
>>78248348
>Dont know which comic was, but it was when the earth King attacked the city that would become Republic City
this would be The promise. There is nothing, really. Aang didn't even knew them.

>All the air bending movements are movements of martial arts
some of those movements are based on real world martial arts. This doesn't mean the martial art that it is based on is canon on the avatar universe or that ALL the movements are there. Most likely, using bending movements in a real fight is useless. You're literally only waving your arms for most movements.

> Its based on fucking wuxia movies, obviously that martial arts exist
>based on
>obviously exists there
that's not how it works. Avatar is also based on asian culture. Does that mean EVERYTHING from asian culture is on avatar? do they have samurais now?

>Which is obvious. The guy is fanatic for air bending culture and philosophy.
fanatic for a culture =/= fanatic for martial arts =/= fanatic for airbending
>>
File: 1448186191127.png (1 MB, 762x1120) Image search: [Google]
1448186191127.png
1 MB, 762x1120
>>78248389
>Zaheers has a goal and political views
the terrorists that attacked 'infidels' also have a goal and a political view. Doesn't mean that view is not completely retarded. Again, having a view =/= good villain. To answer your question, pic related is a good start.
>>
>>78248412
she create some cracks and the iceberg gives in. Chain reaction.

>>78248550
>He knows his way will get people hurt
he doesn't show that. For him, chaos = prosperity somehow. He is astonished that it didn't work on the earth nation when it was obvious it wouldnt.
>>
>>78249776
Going by your chart Zaheer is somewhere between High and great tier btw.

And about the terrorists, as a villain thing it's all about why they're doing it. And if there existed a god or natural order, killing people because they infidels or against god is a damn good reason and far from retarded. As is kinda the case for Zaheer aswell.

>>78249822
>she create some cracks and the iceberg gives in
So you admit she brought down the iceberg wit no official traning of any kind in waterbending.
>>
>>78247467
First paragraph is cool.
Second is shit.
>>
>>78249776

This list is biased because it judges a villain solely based on their motive.

Some of the best known villains are beloved because they just make a great foil for the good guy, whether they get under each other's skin in a dramatic way or a hilarious way. Cartman is a villain, and his motive is pretty simple in that he's a selfish, greedy dick who will avoid any and all accountability when possible. According to your list, that would put him in "Mid Tier". But then when you take into account the dynamic between him and other characters, he's well above average.
>>
>>78249871
Zaheer doesn't have some necessity or nature to do what he does, so he is not great or high tier. He literally could live a peaceful life somewhere else.

>if there existed a god or natural order, killing people because they infidels or against god is a damn good reason
>if
thinking logically, you have to prove that, and you have to prove the god that exists is the exact same one from your book. If you cannot, you're not thinking logically. Notice that, "a villain thinking with faith" could work if there is a good explanation for that. But that's not Zaheer's case. It's not faith, it's twisted logic.

>So you admit she brought down the iceberg
Obama press one button and a missile destroys Afghanistan. Does that mean Obama is powerful? it's all about chain reactions, as i said. Katara's contribution might be one crack. You could argue that's much more than any other reaction in the show (which is still very little considering the level we are comparing to), but again, Katara is some kind of genius. Perhaps she is just strong in the force.
>>
>>78250017
as i said, this list is only "a good start". There is more to consider.
>>
File: 1442096875124.gif (52 KB, 363x285) Image search: [Google]
1442096875124.gif
52 KB, 363x285
>>78247467
>guns on Avatar world

You guy are fucking retarded.

You all miss the point of the show, that is emulating wuxia movies.
>>
>>78250045
>He literally could live a peaceful life somewhere else.
Nope he could not. He feels it is necessary for him to save people from the oppressive givernments they live under. He seeks to free people so they can live out their human nature. In a sense it is in his nature to rebel against the oppressors.

>If you cannot, you're not thinking logically.
It's not an if in the Avatar world. There exists beings considered divine one of which is the Avatar that serves the world. The Avatar is meant to maintain the natural order set forth be world. Since the Avatar has been corrupted it falls to others (like Zaheer) to return to this natural order by purgning the corrupting parts (authority figures). So not only would his reasoning fit your faith criteria, it is also sound logicly speaking.

> Does that mean Obama is powerful?
Is this a trick question? Because if Obama can press a button and destroy a country he is most certainly powerfull.
Also your analogy doesn't work, because Katara didn't add a small crack, she cracked the icerberg singlehandedly.
>>
File: song of the sea.gif (420 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
song of the sea.gif
420 KB, 500x280
>>78250045
Holly fuck. How can you be so stupid? Are you regulary asked this? Because you seems to be the kind of people that is always asked this.
>>
>>78250166
>He feels it is necessary
it's not food. It's not water. It's not his nature as in "he was born to do it", and he is not shown to be a position of necessity. The only reason he does it is because "he doesn't like opression", not that "opression is threatening his life"

>Since the Avatar has been corrupted it falls to others (like Zaheer) to return to this natural order by purgning the corrupting parts
The only reason he wanted to kill the avatar is to not get any interference, not because of some blind faith. He specifically said that. It's not "we need to kill the avatar because of balance and shit".
>>
>>78250332
Man, how I hate you on the avatar threads. You are always the one person who makes it goes to shit.
>>
>>78250362
stop expressing hate to people you don't even know are the same or not. Or try to make a good argument instead.
>>
>>78250332
>not that "opression is threatening his life"
It literally is though. He has a need to stop the oppressors, that why he is doing it. It is in human nature to fight off oppressors so that why he is doing it.

>The only reason he wanted to kill the avatar is to not get any interference
Thats what i said. The Avatar has been corruptet aswell. We have to kill it off otherwise it will fight us and keep oppressing people.

You can try to make it relativistic, but it isn't that easy for a world where objective markers exist. You also seem to just not get what it is he is talking about because you're too focused on a presumably atheist and scientific worldview that isn't applicable to the Avatar world in the same way.
>>
>>78250408
>It literally is though
they don't even show his life. You can't possibly know that.

> It is in human nature to fight off oppressors
not really. And again, having opression and having the need to fight it are two different things. Not only that, if simply having a leader can be opression, everyone should be fighting according to that logic. Humanity is not, and still you think it is their nature to do so.

>Thats what i said
you said it was for some kind of weird faith. It's not.

>You also seem to just not get what it is he is talking about
i think we all agree already that he is talking about retarded shit that won't help anyone after a flawed logic being aplied. We are merely discussing now "what started his flawed logic".
>>
>>78250147
But the fire nation were using technology that was giving them the edge over the other nations. You'd think they would have cannons and projectiles powered by fire bending. Basic weaponry like blades and bows exists in this world so you'd an era mimicking that of Earth during the late 19th to early 20th century would have gun powered base technology seeing how one nation literally can control fire.
>>
>>78250549
>You can't possibly know that.
He states it himself. We know he was imprisoned in part because if his views. We know he fought warlords and freed P'li. It is in his blood to fight Oppression.

>Humanity is not, and still you think it is their nature to do so.
Humans fight oppressors all the time however they can. Having leaders is not the same as being oppressed and Zaheer never said or implied it was. And even if you were right (you're not), it would still be in Zaheers nature to do it.

>you said it was for some kind of weird faith.
It is. It is his faith in the Philosophy of Guru Laghima. And based on that belief he has concluded that the Avatar no longer serves the world and must be removed.

>We are merely discussing now "what started his flawed logic".
I think he's an optimist. I also think that under the right circumstances his views make a lot o sense actually.
And for the last time, his logic isn't flawed, you just disagree with his premises.
>>
File: magick.png (206 KB, 311x339) Image search: [Google]
magick.png
206 KB, 311x339
>>78250549
>i think we all agree already that he is talking about retarded shit that won't help anyone after a flawed logic being aplied. We are merely discussing now "what started his flawed logic".

There are still retarded people today that are anarchists.

Go fucking ask them, but the fact that he has a stupid political opinion doesnt make him a weak villain, just a villain with a stupid political view that was also shared by a lot of people, and had a great impact on the last century, that happens to be the same century that the show tries to emulate.
>>
>>78245236
Why didn't they just get a bunch of Earthbenders to push up from under the feet, to make it fall over?
>>
>>78244402
>They took it from the shells of Suuyin-City.

Wait, that was platinum?

How? They metal bent the thing to close the domes! How could that have all been platinum if it's express purpose was to be metalbent?
>>
>>78248085
>needs to be dangerous and be internally consistent
Zaheer was an idiot though. Almost every episode when he tried to say something smart, he said something stupid.

And if he truly gives a toss about freedom why did he fucking take hostages at all, and even moreso REFUSE to return them when exchanging? That's not internally consistent, chum.
>>
>>78250900
> Almost every episode when he tried to say something smart, he said something stupid.
I'm not sure what that has to do with being dangerous or consistent. But i blame his lack of wise-man dialogue on the writers. He can't be smarter than they were afterall.

He was pretty consistent desu. He was willing to go to almost as far as he needed to achieve his goals. If that meant taking hostages so be it. I do think that he would have released the airbenders once Korra was dead. I would imagine that he would maybe even try to become one of them or lead them.
>>
>>78250658
>He states it himself
when exactly? also, being imprisoned for his views doesn't explain why the need to fight in the first place.

>Humans fight oppressors all the time however they can
they also Not fight opressors all the time. They do a lot of things all the time, so i don't think "doing it all the time = nature".

>Having leaders is not the same as being oppressed
i know. Zaheer is the one that thinks that with his plans of "killing all world leaders". His plans is literally chaos in the planet.

>It is. It is his faith in the Philosophy of Guru Laghima
he just said he didn't want the avatar in his way. Stop assuming stuff.

>his logic isn't flawed, you just disagree with his premises.
Again: you kill leaders, and then what? how does that helps society? how does that makes people not chose new leaders? simply killing a world leader is useless to implement real anarchy. the logic doesn't make sense. What was zaheer expecting that would happen?
>>
>>78250713
>the fact that he has a stupid political opinion doesnt make him a weak villain
it is a very big minus, considering the political view is one thing people aplaud the character for. And again, based on history or not, retarded is retarded and this shouldn't be considered good.
>>
>>78251056
>when exactly?
When he talks about why he is doing it. He is imprisoned for his views and actions, which were fighting oppressive people.

>they also Not fight opressors all the time.
People fight back if they are capable of winning. We seek socital models that we feel are fair. Oppressive systems are not fair for the oppressed. And we feel compelled to break out of those systems that are oppressive.

>His plans is literally chaos in the planet.
He thinks the world leaders are corrupt, as he also says, and that removing them is the only cure to their corruption. His plan even worked until the not-dead leaders stepped in.

>he just said he didn't want the avatar in his way. Stop assuming stuff.
I'm not assuming stuff, it is infered from what he says. If you can't even see that there is no hope for you.

>Again: you kill leaders, and then what?
Then chaos, which forces people to work together freeing people from the corrupt system as it is currently. New leaders may emerge but they will be based on merit, not a corrupt system. Again is might have worked if he had killed the other leaders aswell so they couldn't institute Kuvira.
>>
Why do these threads always devolve into a point by point argument? It's very clear both sides already have there minds firmly made up.
>>
>>78249292
>Like the Fire nation army could be fighters excelling in ranged and close combat.
i'm pretty sure they already do
>>
>>78249292
> guns would be the first step towards fire based engines since they're far more complex.
bro,you just went full whig history,history does not run on a timetable,we had steam engines in the real world before we had guns
>>
>>78251177
>He is imprisoned for his views and actions
i mean when is it stated that opression threatened his life.

>People fight back if they are capable of winning
first: that's not true at all. The government in my country, like in most countries, are corrupt. We know that. We can fight back. We just don't do it. Second: you're mistaken opression with some evil dictatorship, when opression can be something as simply as federalism (forcing the country to stick together). Still federalism is almost a norm for most nations. And again, you didn't prove anything of that is natural.

>His plan even worked until the not-dead leaders stepped in
his plan never worked at all. Earth nation was in a state of chaos until Kuvira step in. That state of chaos (people killing and robbing people) is what Zaheer wanted. He just made the retarded connection that people would start to get along.

>it is infered from what he says
nothing of what he says implies that.

>which forces people to work together
or... someone else takes the power. Like it happened, like it always happens. It is retarded to expect that.

>New leaders may emerge but they will be based on merit, not a corrupt system
you say it like some group will not impose themselves on people. And even if someone does it by merit, Zaheer fails because that person is a leader.

> Again is might have worked if he had killed the other leaders aswell so they couldn't institute Kuvira.
dude, Kuvira is the only reason all the killing and robbing stopped. More likely they would go back to the time of warlords, ruthless crimminals abusing people.
>>
>>78252797
normally one side already lost but wants to argue anyway.
>>
>>78243803
>make bending obsolete
Earth creates cover, air allows for mobility and cutting, metal bending gimps weapons and vehicles, combustion gives unlimited powerful explosives, lava/blood/spirit remain hax, etc. Most of the lower level bending becomes worthless, but it'd still be a powerful tool.

>>78245853
>Korra was poisoned
The poison was only making her rage half the fight, and if she was going to be forced into the state anyway she should have entered it and killed everyone before they applied the poison.
>>
>>78247630

I would agree; no one can be this retarded and still be able to access the Internet; this is sub-Kim Keister autism.
>>
>>78256290
is there a problem with the arguments that were used?
>>
>>78245738
jesus, the prequel comparisons just keep coming
>>
At least we got a bunch of Star Wars and Kill Bill references.
>>
File: 1409165917790.jpg (312 KB, 1000x707) Image search: [Google]
1409165917790.jpg
312 KB, 1000x707
Good western mecha never again...
>>
>>78249704
>>78249704
>There is nothing, really. Aang didn't even knew them.

Liar. You didn't read the comic, obviously. Aang met them, they were a fan club, and got pissed when he learned they'd tattooed themselves; they showed up to the battle of Yu Dao, distinguished themselves in trying to prevent fighting, and afterwards, Aang is seen beginning to teach them as the Air Acolytes.

So blow it out your arse.
>>
>>78248046
>including a water bending hippie
>>
>>78256770

Besides ignoring facts?

Besides reserving the right to draw conclusions from the evidence presented in the show to yourself?

Besides being completely wrong?

Yeah, y'all are engaging in bait or sub-mongoloid reasoning.
Thread replies: 227
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.