[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Wars Rebels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 79
File: Mickey-Mouse-Darth-Vader.jpg (51 KB, 450x350) Image search: [Google]
Mickey-Mouse-Darth-Vader.jpg
51 KB, 450x350
Edition VII: Attack of the Shills

>Upcoming Releases:
http://www.swbooks.co.uk/updates/release.htm

>Newest Rebels Episode: "Legacy":

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B--x3TcdnpPjSGZEWnF0RkU2T2c/view?usp=sharing
https://mega.nz/#F!w5w3QQzS!kEXw8EpWWhF9izE5K2JpvQ

>Newest Rebels Recon Episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JrVry8kgyw

>Star Wars: Rebels MEGA (Season 1):
https://mega.co.nz/#F!UYQCwTwa!s-n8--buJPbauv6ylUo-DA

>The Clone Wars Legacy Content:
http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy

>Star Wars: Uprising: (/co/ Cartel: Loth-Cats)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpW6fOEvuSg

http://community.kabam.com/forums/showthread.php?568108-Newx-s-New-Player-Guide

>Star Wars: Commander (/co/ Squad: Empire - SheevSquad)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FXrcuPR4XQ

>All Canon Novels and Comics: (Including the Rebels UK Comics)
https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

>Star Wars Audiobooks (Canon and Legends) and Motion Comics:
https://mega.nz/#F!w9tFCZxK!7zthk3nLz-0ATC9zxxEPuw

>Star Wars Legends Novels & Comics (Incomplete):
https://mega.nz/#F!AgVghZhQ!0SL9AVJvCbzUsRICuAoguQ
https://mega.nz/#F!j99HEbrC!GP5TSEEbrBYZIZ73xod4fg

>Canon Guide & Timeline:
http://imgur.com/a/wnoIs

>Star Wars /co/ Booru:
starwars.booru.org

>Star Wars Soundtracks MEGA (Work-in-Progress):
https://mega.nz/#F!xocwwSiT!M8RpDwmmI37P24_TRzBKug
>>
>>78242601
That's magic, though.
>>
>>78242623

You must think gravity is magic, too.
>>
>>78242623
You must think sound is magic too.
>>
File: 1421631635523.jpg (143 KB, 543x522) Image search: [Google]
1421631635523.jpg
143 KB, 543x522
Another thread for prequel babies to bitch that the new movie isn't "George's vision"
>>
>>78242642
Unless you use the Aether theory, gravity is literally magic, cause quantum mechanics make no damn sense.
>>
>>78242706
. . . and you are one of those babies.

Unrelated but related to thread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLchMvH-SH4
>>
>>78242730

>because it doesn't make sense, it's magic!

Very scientific.
>>
>>78242706
Fuck off, shill.
>>
>>78242755
His voice sounds weird, did he just come from the dentist's office or something?
>>
>>78242757
Not saying it is.

Or it isn't.

Explain gravity, mister scientist.
>>
>>78242808
He is an old school nerd, and speaks like one even in his old age.
>>
File: 1447048051465.gif (866 KB, 352x224) Image search: [Google]
1447048051465.gif
866 KB, 352x224
>>78242755
>George Lucas threatening that dude
What a fucking asshole
>>
File: frank.jpg (140 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
frank.jpg
140 KB, 1280x720
glib facsimile
>>
>>78242821
I know what he usually sounds like, but here he sounds like his tongue is numb or something. It can't be just due to age because he sounded like his usual self in that CBS interview a few weeks ago
>>
>>78242835
Uh, that's Frank Marshall. They're old friends.
>>
>>78242835
That's Frank Marshall, he's friends with Lucas and Spielberg and he's worked with them for decades (along with Kathleen Kennedy, who's also his wife). They're just ribbing each other since Marshall produced Jurassic World which has been the big box office giant of the year (until now anyway).
>>
>>78242835
Must suck to be Lucas.
No one understands when you're being funny.
>>
>>78242835
You're a retard.
>>
I'm so happy this came out today.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g708PmJAbuI

I'm ready for my viewing tomorrow. Maybe too ready. Now I'm scared.
>>
Does Phasma even shoot her weapon?
>>
>>78242755

The lady is SUPER nervous. Standing next to George like that. Heck, I'm sure he is too. This is kinda a big deal for everyone.

...wait, what did he just say? He has a TWO year old daughter? Isn't he like....70?
>>
>>78243013
He has two daughters.
>>
>>78242811
Gravity is the result of symbiotic microscopic organisms called Midi-Clingions living in our cells and in rocks and shit. Without them we wouldn't be able to cling to the Earth and we'd float off. Shit, dude, everybody knows this.
>>
>>78243025

Oh oh, he HAS two. Not that one is two years OLD. Gotcha.
>>
>>78243046
His kids showed up in the Prequels. So did he. They were Pantorans, or blue people. Not to be confused with Pandorans, this is really important. His son, too, but nobody talks about Jett much.
>>
So, when Rey constructs her own lightsaber, what color is it going to be?
>>
File: lucas daughter.jpg (89 KB, 560x415) Image search: [Google]
lucas daughter.jpg
89 KB, 560x415
>>78243013
>>78243025
>>78243046
No, he does have a two year old daughter with his second wife Mellody Hobson. That brings him to a total of four kids, though this is the first one that's biologically his (Amanda, Katie and Jett were all adopted).
>>
>>78243071
>Jett
Was he the young Padawan that tried to help Senator Organa, put up a pretty good fight with some clones and was then gunned down?
>>
File: 1278641498576.jpg (15 KB, 444x447) Image search: [Google]
1278641498576.jpg
15 KB, 444x447
>>78243103
>biracial
>>
Just came back. I liked it. Felt like the Star Wars I love.

What's the general consensus?
>>
>>78243143
>>78243115

I found the rightist Swedes.
>>
>>78243172
From what I've read the prevailing opinion is that it is a near exact clone of A New Hope (ironic) but also that it doesn't really matter.

Been listening to the soundtrack and while it is hardly a surprise that the music has so many familiar elements, John Williams being John Williams, it's amusing how much March of the Resistance sounds like the Battle Droid theme mixed with elements of The Last Crusade.
>>
Kylo Ren is probably my favourite character in Star Wars now. Many fans will disagree, but I really love how immature and vulnerable he was. In fact, if he already was as strong and menacing as Vader, he wouldn't be interesting at all because it wouldn't suit the character. He is hated by everyone, manipulated by Snoke and even his own soldiers don't want to go near him. He is a frustrated and angry character and this is the first time I have ever felt a Star Wars villain acting like a real human being. Driver's performance was beautiful and you could feel the strong chemistry between him and Ford. Amazing.
>>
>>78243298
I thought he was great as the antagonist for the first movie in the new trilogy, but I don't see him as a strong enough character to remain a credible villain for the remaining films.
>>
>>78243317

Well, we do know he's going to get further training from Snoke.
>>
>>78243317
I don't expect him to stay a villain for the whole trilogy anyway. He will probably get an redemption arc, but he will probably suffer a lot more than his idol did.
>>
Please, PLEASE, let some Jedi still be alive in hiding.
>>
File: gnbnHFo[1].jpg (182 KB, 1235x809) Image search: [Google]
gnbnHFo[1].jpg
182 KB, 1235x809
Ask a frenchfag that saw the movie anything
>>
>>78243356
Lots of people have seen the movie, I'm from a fucking third world country and I saw it already. Nobody gives a shit.
>>
>>78243356

Does Snoke says Kylo Ren is the LAST of the Knight of Ren or the MASTER of the Knights of Ren?
>>
>>78243441
Not him, but he definitely said "master" in the german translation. I guess we'll see them in Episode VIII.
>>
>>78243441

He said master. Also, Finn may be a Leonis. He was taken from his parents at a young age. Also, does exceedingly well in his Stormtrooper training like Zare and Dhara according to Before the Awakening.
>>
Did anyone else think the reveal of Ren's lineage was really poorly done?

They should have had skipped directly to Ren jacking off to Vader's helmet, that would have been a much better way to handle it.
>>
>>78243356
I want to eat some croissants with french cheese and grape juice.
>>
>Han and Chewie appear
>whole theater cheers

>Leia appears
>literally no one makes a sound
>C3PO shows up right after
>crowd goes fucking nuts

>Luke appears
>one sole guy goes "woo"
>>
Finn doesn't have anything to define him. Being nice and brave isn't enough in the Star Wars Universe. Rey and Poe are also nice and brave and yet they have skills that define them. Finn doesn't have that, and it has to be addressed going forward.
>>
>>78242811

All objects with mass distort the four-dimensional fabric of space-time such that it produces a gravity well. This produces an attractive force between all objects with mass.
>>
>>78243478
I felt it could have been handled better, but I was also glad that Abrams didn't treat it as a huge "plot twist", because that would've never worked.
>>
Eh, I don't like how Luke doesn't seem remorseful or sad when he meets Rey. 4 planets and billions of sentients just went boom, which could have been prevented by Luke... and he just looks curious more than anything when meeting Rey.
>>
>kylo shot first
>>
So, who is Rey related to?
>>
>>78243647
As soon as I saw that bridge... Damn... I mean, we all knew it would happen, but still, it's Han Solo!
>>
>>78243666
She's Dooku's great-granddaughter.
>>
>>78243679
One guy at my theater was visibly upset about it. He nearly throws his popcorn bucket to the floor.
>>
>>78243337
Snoke: Sith Up or I'm going to replace you with that Rey girl who beat your ass like it was a dub step track.
>>
>>78243679
>it's Han Solo!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg_FoEy8T_A
>>
Pretty silly that the New Republic had no fucking warships ready to jump into the fight against the Starkiller when its location is known.

Muh muh it took them all out! Sure it did. They were all parked planetside, right? None out on patrol, on port calls, on bases outside of the few planets?

Blah. Minimalism runs rampart.
>>
How was the trench run?
>>
>>78243741

the location of the starkiller base is NOT known.
>>
>>78243741

It probably took them a while to reorganize, since you know they're government was destroyed. Also starkiller base is mobile. And we no the New Republic doesn't have great military strength.
>>
>>78243502
None of them look like good characters to me. All the marketing has been about is "this is more diverse than old Star Wars". I know nothing about their personalities.
>>
>>78243768

It eventually is.

How hard for the resistance to call in help? It's not like they aren't working for the Republic behind the scenes.

They should have had at least dozens of warships capable of action. Not all would have been on disaster duty.
>>
>>78243814
lazy writing
>>
man, why was kylo vs. finn way better than kylo vs. rey. they really phoned in the choreography.
>>
>>78243768
I think it was.

Its a fucking planet how would you lose that shit.

How did Poe Dameron survive the crash at the beginning? Was there a line I missed?
>>
>>78244303

the visual dictionary says it's not known, also the planet is in the exact place that illum was in the old map. and it's location was a secret.
>>
Hol up, was that last episode it? Was that corn-ball bullshit supposed to be the end of season 2?
>>
Why was Han's son so Iranian looking
>>
>>78244351
No, just a winter break
>>
>>78244456
Those fuckers....
>>
Is there anything canon written about the period where Luke goes on trying to train Force sensitive younglings after RotJ?

Anything canon about Ben Solo?
>>
File: donthugmeimscared.jpg (54 KB, 960x764) Image search: [Google]
donthugmeimscared.jpg
54 KB, 960x764
So I went on /tv/ to see what the Star Wars discussion was like.

That place really is a cesspool.
>>
How did they explain Maz having Anakin's lightsaber? Isn't that the same one Obi Wan gave Luke in ANH as in the one lost on Bespin?
>>
File: lightsaber-ff[1].jpg (13 KB, 433x178) Image search: [Google]
lightsaber-ff[1].jpg
13 KB, 433x178
> mfw Disneybabies argued against the UE by saying that the Empire finding Luke's hand and his lightsaber was a shitty idea
> mfw Disneybabies argued against the UE by saying that all the Imperial superweapons were silly as fuck
> mfw Episode 7 has both of those
>>
>>78244572

sweet vindication
>>
>>78244572
>UE
Can't even get your bait right
>>
>>78242706
>the new movie isn't "George's vision"

But it is George's vision. In fact, I already saw this movie back then in eighties, except with worse special effects and characters that weren't pathetic losers.
>>
>>78243505
>All objects with mass distort the four-dimensional fabric of space-time such that it produces a gravity well. This produces an attractive force between all objects with mass.

Not even that guy, but that's a description, but not an explanation.
>>
>>78243502
>Finn doesn't have anything to define him.

Being an example of every nigger stereotype that one can use without outright introducing space ghettoes does not count?

Whether that is "anything good" is another question.
>>
>>78243980
>man, why was kylo vs. finn way better than kylo vs. rey. they really phoned in the choreography.

Because in our age "strong female character" is an oxymoron. The very idea of females actually having to walk the walk is anathema. So while a male on male fight could be a brutal affair, where an underdog is gradually torn apart by a massively superior opponent, while still managing to get in a couple of telling blows, in a male on female fight the female has to win and has to win cleanly, without actually having so suffer for her victory, and even if she has to lose because she is a mook, she is still entitled to being cleanly defeated in one shot, instead of being methodicaly and brutally beaten down.
>>
>>78244630
Explain existence.
>>
>>78244726

Did I ever pretended to be able to, in a 4chan post format, to boot? Go, read some of the great philosophers, they do it better than I can.
>>
>>78244512
shit taste desu
>>
>>78244702
This is why I hate liberals. It's not impossible to make strong female characters. There are many of them. Even in star wars there are girls who kick ass and are believeable, yet people jew jew abrams phone it in and jerk themselves off about having women characters like they invented it when their women characters are shit.
>>
>>78244303
>How did Poe Dameron survive the crash at the beginning? Was there a line I missed?
When he meets Finn, he says he was thrown out of the TIE.
>>
>>78244363
Leia cheated on Han with a chin.
>>
The amount of practical effects and costumes in this movie was beautiful. Everything was hand-made and physical.
>>
File: Can't handle the bantz.jpg (39 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Can't handle the bantz.jpg
39 KB, 400x400
>>78244702
That's true. I can hardly think of many examples where women ever experience the losing end of a fight. Ryuuko in KLK is the most recent I can think of, but that's Japan.

>>78243502
I don't see Finn coming back or being a major player in the next two movies. His story is told, he's joined into the folds of the Resistance. Poe we know is confirmed to return. I have a feeling the story in episode 8 will focus on him.
>>
>>78242755

>dance fight

nice auralnaut reference
>>
>>78244702

I thought she did okay cuz she actually thrusted with the lightsaber for once.
>>
Why did Kylo stare down Finn at the beginning of the movie?
>>
>>78245104

He sensed his fear and disapproval.
>>
>>78244505
>>78244505
>>78244505

Anyone?
>>
>>78245133

no, the movie just came out.
>>
>>78245133

No, probably will get a novel about it or something.
>>
Saw the movie. Have many opinions but need to vent this:

Hollywood needs to cut this Mary Sue "strong female character" bullshit. Rey has NO arc, NO development, and it's because she masters literally everything put in front of her in a matter of seconds. If she has no trials, how can we care about her triumph?

And it's totally because she's "the girl", because Finn is allowed to fail and then rise against adversity. This is just the same old sexism in a new, SJW-approved format (because lip service is paid to her literal strength).
>>
>>78243133
I think you can also see him behind the librarian in the Jedi temple in ep2
>>
>>78245220

She does have an arc, though. She's waiting for a family that abandoned her and stubbornly clings to Jakku when she could leave, fights against getting dragged away from Jakku even when conflicted about returning BB-8 and helping Finn out, but gets shaken up by Han's kindness and the possibility of living on the Falcon and admits to herself that she doesn't have to stay on the desert shithole planet. Then when Han dies she feels personal responsibility and takes the Falcon with Chewie, just like Han had offered. It's a pretty classic "small-town girl spreads her wings" story.

As to her success, I'll give you that her power in the force is pretty crazy but the tech stuff makes sense for someone who's been scavenging Imperial and republic starships for parts and has been tinkering with the Falcon for years. She's notably kinda crap with a blaster and she has no lightsabre technique, only able to parry, swing and thrust, but wins because she used the force, luke.
>>
>>78244610
I don't even like the EU but really. There are languages other thanEnglish
>>
>>78244858

Can't tell if I'm being baited or not but fucking lol either way. 2000+ vfx shots on this film. Marketing rules the world
>>
So Finn gets his ass kicked the whole movie and then ends up in a coma? What the hell were they thinking

on the otherhand
>rey is an expert scavenger
>expert staff fighter
>canfly the falcon without a co-pilot
>is a handy mechanic
>can use the orce with minimal training to fight off kylo

How could such a lopsided juxtaposition happen? Finn loses his friend, gets put in a coma and then gets abandoned by his new friend.
>>
>>78245266

retard, you're a female aren't you. stupid bitch.
>>
Return of the jedi is a better film than episode 7
>>
>that competent storm trooper with that cool plasma tonfa
i wish he was the protag
>>
>>78245334

p-pls no bully
>>
>>78245348
>plasma tonfa

When? Can't believe I missed that.
>>
>>78245326

I was expecting finn to be in the bacta tank..

looks like they have advance to something else for medical observation.
>>
>>78245368
Riot trooper, yo.
>>
>>78245326

this is the reason boyega was worried. sellout nigga.
>>
>>78243688
So she's Seppie scum.

Hot.
>>
>>78245379

>Finn's going around sneaky-stabbing guys with the lightsaber
>suddenly "TRAITOR"
>this dude drops his shit and takes out his stun-stick
>procedes to go full Ferguson on Finn's ass
>Han has to save him

Guy was fighting with the spirit of all jobbed grunts everywhere.
>>
>>78243006
She doesn't. She's just standing there. Menacingly.

Waste of a good and pretty unique actress, really, especially when you considering how mediocre, both in terms of looks and ability, the guy playing Kylo is. Hell, Hux's actor is better than him.
>>
>>78245471

shes probably gonna be unmasked in the next two or just episode 8.

her giving in to Finn and Solo doesnt really show her true potential.. im pretty disappointed.
>>
>Finn has NO conflict at all about killing his brainwashed buddies

lol what a terrible freaking movie and why is rey good at EVERYTHING
>>
>>78245484

I think she might be dead, though. They stuffed her in a garbage chute and the planet exploded shortly after.

It's kind of a Boba Fett in ROTJ. She looks cool and shit in promo material but then does sweet fuck-all in the movie itself except get humiliated.
>>
>>78245484
She's going to be either new Boba at worst or new Grievous at best. I wish they'd go nuts and just make her the main villain for a whole movie thus making her new Dooku but that's not happening because it's all going to be Kylo and his angst and Sheev mk. 2. Assuming she's even coming back because Christie said she didn't hear anything about it as of yet.

Also, if all FO troopers are brainwashed/havily indoctrinated, it technically would make sense for her to get a redemption arc later on, but who am I kidding, the only villain allowed any form of redemption will be Kylo.
>>
>yfw Snoke is just Erza after turning evil
>>
>>78245491

Why would he? The first mission he makes a concious decision not to murder innocent people, and his former comrades do. So he probably thinks they're all horrible people prepared to kill, and he's fine with killing them if he needs to.
>>
>>78244702
>The very idea of females actually having to walk the walk is anathema.

Didn't she grow up on a shitty scavenger world fighting other scavengers and thugs? It's not like she's helpless or unskilled.
>>
I'm so happy there's discussion on /co/ then anywhere else. Every other boards discussion on the new movies just turns into nigger spam, genetic/IQ arguments and how to commit a fare genocide to all the dark skinned racist on Earth.

My biggest complaint about the movie is how much of a LITERAL Mary Sue the main female lead is. She just happens to be good at everything at all the right times. And her being able to stand toe and toe with Kylo was fucking dumb, she barely had any training compared to his years of training.
>>
>>78245484
>have an actress who actuall looks physically imposing and has some basic knowledge about hand to hand combat for once
>her character goes down without a proper fight

bravo Abrams, you really used the aavailable diverse assets well

I do see one huge upside here, though: I've seen like a dozen people fancasting Christie as Big Barda recently.
>>
>>78245529
>new Boba

She'll be new admiral Trench, if they'll keep her in VIII and IX because there's no way she just waltzed away from that without harm
>>
>>78245555

She was stronger in the force and Kylo was a weak-willed pussy full of doubt. Snoke explicitly states that Kylo's untrained and the other FO guys talk shit about Kylo.

Their lightsaber fight was a couple of amateurs hacking at each other. That's why Finn who wasn't even force-sensitive could handle Kylo in a fight for a bit.
>>
>>78245379
Does the Visual Dictionary explain what its composed of?
>>
>>78245620
It's like an electro-staff.
But a tonfa.
>>
>>78243082
Black
>>
>>78245529
I kinda hope we'll at the very least see Finn trying to either take more stormtroopers to the rebel side or having doubts about switching sides in some scene where a lot of FO mooks die. It's kinda odd that he lft because his buddy died and because he's sick of indoctrination but then doesn't mind that hundreds of other people like him are killed by the good guys.
>>
>>78245652

He said that he left because he didn't want to be a killer, though.
>>
>>78245670
>I don't want to be a killer
>Let me go and kill all these Storm Troopers

I wonder if Finn has any potential to be force sensitive. Legends wise its rare that blacks have force powers, something about genetics and lacking certain things to be able for midichorlians to attach themselves to.
>>
>>78245652
maybe after seeing what they've done and experiencing the indoctrination first hand he abandoned hope and just shoot without doubt.
>>
File: walk away.png (343 KB, 350x509) Image search: [Google]
walk away.png
343 KB, 350x509
>>78245616
>She was stronger in the force and Kylo was a weak-willed pussy full of doubt. Snoke explicitly states that Kylo's untrained and the other FO guys talk shit about Kylo.
>Their lightsaber fight was a couple of amateurs hacking at each other. That's why Finn who wasn't even force-sensitive could handle Kylo in a fight for a bit.
what a load of crap
>>
>>78245711
What? No that's not true whatsoever. The Korun (Mace) are all black and all Force sensitive.
>>
>>78245220
/tv/ pls go
>>
>>78245711

Well, killing innocent people.

Finn's actually kind of interesting. His motivation in the film is very simple- the First Order is scary and horrible and he wants to run away from them as fast as he can and as far away as possible. He doesn't seem to care much at all about organizations and the war, and teams up with Poe because he needs a pilot to escape. He only has empathy for individuals like Rey and his motivation for putting himself in danger and stopping the First Order is entirely about saving her to the point that he lies to get onto the Starkiller Base, and for the innocent civilians he was ordered to gun down.

He's a simple guy on survival mode.
>>
>>78245484
she dead nigga

Wedge was right in not wanting to be in this movie
>>
>>78245566
The mythical casual moveigoer would feel too intimidated by woman who's like, 3 inches taller than him doing anything. In fact so was Jar Jar considering Phasma was meant to be a dude initially and Christie only got the role because her agent was persistent about it, as she said herself a few times.

It's sad how ever y time she gets a role outside of GoT it's just a small cameo. She should just aim at becoming a character actress I guess, because no matter how hard she tries, Hollywood will remain afraid of casting tall women.
>>
Kylo Ren really was the most interesting character. I thought the scene where [spoilers]killed Han[/spoilers] was a legit good moment.

Most people seemed to hate Finn, for me other than it being a bit weird him having no problem killing other Stormtroopers I quite liked him. Brought some levity to the movie.

Rey, well I'm torn about Rey. I can see what people meant by her being a bit of a mary sue. Hell there were moments where she reminded me unpleasantly of Korra.
>>
Just got back from seeing the movie. Pretty good, but what the fuck was the point of Phasma?

All she does is give Finn some shit at the start, and then gets killed off via a joke.

I mean I know she was meant to be the new Boba Fett, but even he got to shoot his guns.
>>
>>78245844

I didn't mind Rey because her personality was pleasant enough. Honestly I liked all three of the protagonists. Poe should have been in more of the film though.
>>
>>78245844
>>Most people seemed to hate Finn
Really? Most people I've talked to thought him and Kylo were the best part of the film
>>
>>78245266
This. Young Luke :
+ excellent pilot from the get go
+ can do some mechanic (but don't know shit about hyperspace)
+ Can use a blaster, know how to shoot
- No experience in close quarters combat

Rey
+ Good pilot (seen like a default force sensitive thing by now)
+ excellent mechanic
+ Know how to fight in close combat
- What's a blaster?

About her character, I think it's not just about the family that abandoned her and stubbornly clinging to Jakku. She is enthusiastic about the resistance and Han, but it seems pretty clear to me that she just can't imagine being part of this at first. She's just a lowest class scavenger in her mind, having a part in greater things for a few moments (bringing back the droid) is unbelievable but actually being a hero is straight up unthinkable. Hence why she freak out when she's told to walk on freaking Skywalker path. It's like taking a kid from some favelas and asking to solve the middle east conflicts.

I would say that not only she has an arc, but she has a better arc than Luke himself in ANH.
And I don't think she get particularly spared either. Fin get through more sure, but that's because he's more in the forefront of the movie, albeit slightly.
>>
>>78245857
Tumblr and Game of Thrones bait.
>>
>>78245857
it's just Abrams being bitter he couldn't cast Cumberbatch in this role most likely

I hope she doesn't come back simply because Christie deserves better than this trainwreck, I'll probably still watch next parts for Finn and maybe Luke but I'm honestly not as excited as I used to be after the first trailers. Cleaning up the EU is Disney's only considerable achievement so far
>>
I think it's cool they were self-aware enough to know that everyone would compare Ren to Vader unfavourably and wrote that into his character.

They even make fun of him in the film, that bit where he chucks a tantrum in the torture room and the Stormtroopers are just like "here we go again" was hilarious.
>>
>>78245875
>Tumblr and Game of Thrones bait

I thought Tumblr is mad Cumberbatch didn't get this role
>>
>>78245902

I thought Tumblr didn't like Cumberbach because he said something un-PC about disabled people.
>>
>>78245844
>>78245866
I cannot fathom Kylo being a good character after reading spoilers

Everything about him screams buzzwords like edgelord, faggot and emo, and Han deserves a better death than getting punked by a punk
>>
>>78245844
Rey doesn't do anything that Luke doesn't do in the first film. 100% guarantee if she were a guy the term wouldn't be used at all.
>>
>>78245305
>Why didn't they do the 5000ft spaceship practically! REEEEE

The VFX looked fucking great, and the practical effects were in a massive abundance. Anything that could've been done practically, as far as I could see, was.
>>
>>78245912
He's all those things but it works in the context
Also stuff like this >>78245901
helps
>>
>>78245883
>Cleaning up the EU is Disney's only considerable achievement so far
only to add back silly shit like a whole planet-sized Death Star :^)
>>
>>78245902
Tumblr shlicks over strong action-star women
>>
>>78245911
I'm not up to date, but I'm pretty sure their lust for reptilian cock outweights that
>>
>>78245901
>>78245924
But Anakin 2.0 doesn't sound fun to watch
>>
>>78245929
What?
>>
Can someone explain to me the politics of this movie?

Is the First Order actually in control of a portion of the Galaxy, or are they just some edgy death army? Who exactly are the Resistence? It's said they're getting Republic support, so that would mean they're not actually part of the New Republic.
>>
>>78245940

I know what you're saying and I partially agree. In the film he pissed me off for most of it, but then watching Hux shit-talk him, him embarass himself in front of Snoke, get shot by Chewie and beaten the fuck up by Finn and Rey was really enjoyable.

I liked hating him and laughing at his failure.
>>
>>78245912
That describes the character to a T, but somehow it really works. Kylo is interesting not because he's an awesome badass, but because he's a pathetic loser trying to act like an awesome badass.
>>
>>78245966
oh so he's supposed to be hated on

like a whipping boy to distract the audience from the choppier parts of the movie
>>
>>78245940
Why does a character need to be "fun" to watch. You're not going to enjoy every aspect of a character because you're not going to enjoy every aspect of a person. That's my problem with all this "likeable character" nonsense

See a character for who they are and what they become, not for what you personally like. You guys exaggerate character flaws so much to the point of defining characters by them
>>
>>78245927
I've seen more people doing so on /co/ than on tumblr, honestly, looking at the amount Big Barda or Lady Shiva have here. And at how many people even in this thread seem to be mad mostly because Phasma wasn't physically intmidating (and died as a joke while) Christie herself is. Tumblr seemed more excited for Rey, as far as I can tell.

For the most part, Tumblr just picks random female characters, usually painfully cliche and stereotypical ones like Black Widow and claims that's what they are to justify venerating them for no specific reason.

>>78245951
Average Cumberbatch joke. You've never seen people calling him a reptilian or ayyy lmao? Or notice his uncanny resemblance to one in the first place?
>>
File: 1365016164262.jpg (90 KB, 340x396) Image search: [Google]
1365016164262.jpg
90 KB, 340x396
>>78245955
The republic seem to have basically reverted to being incompetent, indolent bureaucrats, a' la beginning of The Phantom Menace. The Resistance seems to be the people who decided to take things into their own hands when they realized the Senate wasn't going to get off its fat ass to do something about the First Order.
>>
>>78245993
........anon
>>
>>78245955

Basically the First Order seems to be a small-scale revival of Imperial doctrine. They have enough muscle to raid planets and hire bounty hunters, but IIRC there's only one Star Destroyer seen in the movie, and they didn't built a Death Star just modified an existing planet into one. I'm assuming that they control a few worlds but they aren't a galactic power. They talk in Hux's speech about striking out against the Republic and it gave me vibes of Neo Zeon.

The Republic is restored, but their army was demilitarized because that's how the Old Republic was, I guess? No more unified big army, though C-3P0 refers to a republic fleet so I guess they still have some sort of defense force. The Resistance is supported by the Republic but they're a separate organization trying to fight against the Order like the Rebels did. Basically sanctioned vigilantes?
>>
>>78245955
It's left pretty vague, probably because throwing someone head-first into a cesspool of fictional politics is how the Prequels fucked up.

As I see it, nobody has, as of yet, won the Galactic Civil War. The Empire was defeated and the New Republic was established, but the First Order has come out of that and maintained some of the Empire's territories, while the New Republic is trying to expand to match the classic Republic.

The Resistance is the military the Republic has to deal with the First Order, they defend the burgeoning Republic. At the moment, I think the ratio of control for the two superpowers are about 50/50, but it's probably that they control less than that, and that more territories than ever are independently governed or not governed at all, until one of these sides wins the war.
>>
>>78245966
>>78245980
Man, it sounds like I'll be waiting for Luke to just mercy kill the fucker but of course it won't happen.

Why the hell did he fuck off alone for 40 years? Both protagonists of the previous trilogies are officially failures now. Is Skywalker luck the new Parker luck?
>>
File: Usso and the Shrike Team.jpg (99 KB, 836x623) Image search: [Google]
Usso and the Shrike Team.jpg
99 KB, 836x623
>>78246011
we League Militaire now
>>
I thought Ren was a perfectly acceptable substitute for Vader and came across as very menacing, right up until he took his helmet off. Then he became a joke. He really should have kept that thing on.
>>
File: zorba.jpg (71 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
zorba.jpg
71 KB, 350x350
>>78245993
nice pasta, saving for future use
>>
>>78245993
There are evil characters who are cool and evil characters who are just annoying.
>>
>>78246034
What is Snoke is Zorba who decided to lose some weight
>>
>>78246013
>last time the Republic got rid of its army a Sith lord started a fake war so he could usurp the Republic with the army he created
>Republic gets revived
>get rid of army again because 'hurrdurr muh pacifism'
>>
>>78246013
>They talk in Hux's speech about striking out against the Republic and it gave me vibes of Neo Zeon.
Ah so I wasn't the only one who noticed that. When I first heard about the Resistance I was thinking AEUG to the Republic's Earth Sphere/Titans.
>>
>>78246109

>last time the Republic had an army it turned into an evil oppressive empire

See, it makes sense if you put it like this.
>>
>>78245616

Kylo isn't untrained. The Visual Dictionary and flashback show that. He has years of training from Luke as well as training from Snoke. He's also the Master of the Knights of Ren.

Do you retards realize, that untrained force-users do not stop blaster bolts in mid-air?
>>
>>78246013
>>78246016
The way I understand it is that the New Republic and what's left of the empire are at peace at the beginning of the movie. Well, more like a truce I suppose. The Resistance is the way they found to continue the fight without technically breaking their truce.
If that's the case, the New Republic is going to strikes back since blasting whole planets isn't very diplomatic.
>>
>>78246141
>He's also the Master of the Knights of Ren
Easy if you're the last of them.
>>
>>78245916
>Rey doesn't do anything that Luke doesn't do in the first film.

Absolutely false. Luke does not do Jedi mind tricks or duel anyone. He also doesn't use telekinesis.

Retard.
>>
>Hux constantly tattles on Kylo to Snoke when he's right there beside him
>Kylo tries to glare, but Hux gives no fucks
>movie ends with Hux having to save Kylo's otaku ass

Based Nazi
>>
>>78245998
>I've seen more people doing so on /co/ than on tumblr, honestly

I've seen more people doing so in a single JL storytime yesterday than I've ever seen on tumblr but then I rarely go on tumblr
>>
>>78246147
So pretty much like the Old Republic and the Sith Empire in TOR?
>>
>>78246013
So is there a larger Imperial Remnant out there? And what about Coruscant? Why is the Republic capital some planet we've never heard of before rather than the city-wide planet that was the capital of the Old Republic for millennia?
>>
>>78246160

He's not the last of them, Snoke said he was the Master of them. Please pay attention next time your watching the movie.
>>
>>78246168
Hux is the Zemo of SW
>>
>>78246141

Snoke literally says at the end of the movie "bring him to me for training".

That's the script itself saying Ren is a scrub. We have no context as to Luke's training or the Knights of Ren, just that in the movie he's strong in the Force enough to stop blaster bolts and grab people but unstable enough to get the crap scared out of him by a girl and unskilled enough with a lightsabre to have trouble beating up someone with no apparent Force sensitivity.
>>
>>78246124
This could have used a Quattro figure but the OT makes it impossible.
>>
>>78246188

That does not imply that HE HAS NOT TRAINED KYLO, SIMPLY THAT HE HAS NOT COMPLETED HIS TRAINING.

Retard. Even Kylo says he will rely on the training he has received from Snoke.

Fucking Rey was only able to beat him because he took a blaster bolt straight on, was injured by Finn, and very emotionally vulnerable.

Context, retard. It's important.
>>
File: 1394643433390.jpg (68 KB, 600x812) Image search: [Google]
1394643433390.jpg
68 KB, 600x812
>>78246124
The First Order needs a Haman Karn.
>>
>>78246216
What about when she scared him off during the interrogation scene? Where was his boo-boo then?
>>
>>78246216

Dude, come on. Kylo's clearly a total woobie. Snoke's like "okay this guy has been fucking around too long, bring him here and I'll set him straight". The guy's having to intervene to protect his dorky loser of his apprentice.
>>
>>78246228

That was Rey being a Mary Sue. Kylo was very effectively able to get info from Poe using telepathic intrusion.
>>
>>78246218
What if Kylo was a girl? It would stop the /pol/ bitching about the villains being white men.
>>
File: judau and haman1.jpg (66 KB, 516x686) Image search: [Google]
judau and haman1.jpg
66 KB, 516x686
>>78246218
>ran neo-zeon into the ground
>can not into /ss/, he is 14, far too old
>can't even drank her wine properly
>>
I refuse to actually read Aftermath, so I just have a question about it. How does it justify the Rebellion going from their fleet taking a severe beating from Star Destroyers and the Death Star II at Endor, to being able to take on the combined Imperial Navy toe to toe and overwhelmingly win at Jakku, in only one year?
>>
Phasma's death scene sheds new light on Gwen saying she thinks Phasma and Fett should team up after she was asked who would win

together they'd have a small chance of not dying in an embarassing way
>>
So now that I've seen the movie does anyone have those photos from the visual guide book or whatever yet? I know a couple of pages have been leaked but has the whole thing been scanned/photoed in readable quality?
>>
>>78246233

Actually, Snoke wanted to finally complete his training because he proved himself by killing his father. He wasn't "seduced" by the light which is what Snoke was worried about.

Clearly, Kylo is not a pushover. He demolished Luke's Academy by himself. He was just having the worst day of his life when he fought Rey.

It's astounding how many "fans" don't understand these simple plot points. Especially here.
>>
>>78246246
But it would start everyone else bitching about the SJW boogeyman.
>>
>>78246261
goddammit why did i come back to these threads when I knew it was coming out today
>>
File: 1395028355069.gif (3 MB, 544x400) Image search: [Google]
1395028355069.gif
3 MB, 544x400
>playing galaxy of heroes
>Finn and Kylo cost $100 if you don't wanna grind
>Rey is grind only
>mfw
>>
>>78246260
>I refuse to actually read Aftermath
Listen to it then, its not as garbage as an audio book
>>
>>78246268
>He was just having the worst day of his life when he fought Rey.
men just can't compete
I am happy that someone finally shows how strong really womyn are
>>
>>78246268

It'd be pretty easy for Kylo to kill a bunch of students, especially since he had those Ren dudes with him.
>>
>>78246249
Go back to /m/, Char.
>>
>>78246278
That's already happening anyway because of the female lead, plus the racism triggered by the black co-lead

Might as well dodge a bullet by making the Vader villain a woman too.

Also someone like Cate Blanchett as the Hux
>>
>>78246268
>Clearly, Kylo is not a pushover. He demolished Luke's Academy by himself.
I still doubt he killed everyone. In the timespan there ought to have been some Jedi that were more skilled than him and/or not even at the Academy because they were out on missions. Kylo doesn't have shit like Order 66 or an entire galactic empire backing him up in search of Jedi.
>>
Was anyone else disappointed giant Snoke was just a hologram? I thought having a giant as the villain was really interesting, but he'll probably just be a normal dude.
>>
>>78246317
If Hux was a woman they'd kill him off like Phasma

remember, Abrams wanted Cumberbatch for the role initially
>>
>>78246339
They didn't kill off Rey.
>>
>>78246334

I really hope he's huge.
>>
>>78246351
Her name is traditionally male in Spanish, subtle

They should have spelled it with an I.
>>
>>78246355
> You can't lightsaber the big bad because he's just that huge.
>>
>>78246351
Rey is a protagonist and Abrams didn't plan her to be a dude, though. I feel like some people here are just panicking because they were too hyped for something unrealistic (that is, not exactly conventionally attractive actress in a prominent role, even if ultimately the only unconventional thing about her is being a head taller than rest of the cast) but there might be some merit in it.
>>
File: Sam shrug.png (172 KB, 648x648) Image search: [Google]
Sam shrug.png
172 KB, 648x648
Where is the fapfiction where Phasma forces Rey to eat her out?
>>
File: tfa.jpg (169 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
tfa.jpg
169 KB, 1200x675
Since people are seeing the movie now, let's have a poll.

http://strawpoll.me/6291092

Please don't vote before you see the movie! It'd make me cry.
>>
>>78246407
this to be desu senpai familia
>>
>>78243473
I don't think they would bother making a link to Rebels in the movies
>>
>>78246394
That just means he has huge guts.
>>
>>78246455
>not expecting Hera to make a cameo in Rogue One
>>
>Finn was friendzoned

Nobody saw it coming. Bravo, J.J.
>>
File: sad mayl.jpg (45 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
sad mayl.jpg
45 KB, 640x480
>>78246471
......no anon I don't, and in your heart you know this to be true to
>>
>>78246483
>Implying
There was no romance in A New Hope either. Expect the two to get together in the next film.

That, or Finn's gay for Po.
>>
Started watching TCW with Rookies. It's a lot better than Rebels has been lately. My favorite part is Grievous and his bridge bunnies.
>>
>>78246471
>An alien appearing in Rogue One
Kek.
>>
File: Cyberdemon_Doom2.jpg (57 KB, 333x250) Image search: [Google]
Cyberdemon_Doom2.jpg
57 KB, 333x250
>>78246464

>final film
>Rey and heroes confront Snoke in his chamber
>suddenly room expands into a huge arena
>Snoke removes his cloak, revealing cloven hooves, cybernetics, and a giant rocket launcher arm
>scene where the heroes run the fuck away from him and get saved by Poe flying in with a fucking X-Wing and blowing the arm off
>Snoke's just like "it's not over yet!" and pulls out a lightsaber as big as a ship's mast and starts chopping up the place
>>
>>78246504
>bridge bunnies

fuck of /m/
>>
File: the sword that cleaves light.gif (852 KB, 400x170) Image search: [Google]
the sword that cleaves light.gif
852 KB, 400x170
>>78246516
>>
>>78246504
>It's a lot better than Rebels has been lately
that may be because Rebels is shit and has unlikable characters
>>
>>78246524

Dude, /m/ is always going to be here for Star Wars.

Though the latest gundam threads have been total shit so I'm taking time away from /m/ for now.
>>
>>78246511
Disney employee, pls go.
>>
So who the fuck was the old guy at the beginning? Was he someone I'm supposed to recognize?
>>
Is it pronounced "snowk", "snohk", or "sno-kay"?
>>
>>78246557
Snookie
>>
>>78246550

Yeah that was the one thing I didn't get. Was he some sort of Rebel general?
>>
>>78246550
>>78246572
George
>>
>>78246516
What, are they supposed to telefrag him with a tractor beam?
>>
>>78246550
Kanan.
It was Kanan he just didn't try fighting back because he thought Ren might let the villagers live if he just let himself die.
>>
>>78246502
>That, or Finn's gay for Po.
I would actually be OK with that.
>>
>>78246594

Nah, R2-D2 turns into a Force BFG.
>>
>>78246260

It doesn't touch Jakku. Aftermath does not depict the Battle of Jakku.

But as far as I can tell, once the Emperor was dead and the Death Star was destroyed, worlds started defecting en masse, bringing with them tons of people and resources.

So the New Republic was able to pull itself together in a matter of months and be fully functional within the year.

Admiral Rae Sloane wound up controlling the vast bulk of the Imperial fleet through various incidents, including the Empire's only remaining Super Star Destroyer, and was counseled by various commanders on what to do with said fleet. She chose to wield it very cautiously, resulting in some losses due to a lack of fleet support, but keeping the Empire alive enough to eventually stabilize.
>>
>>78246643
I assume Rae Sloane is an alternate version of that other female admiral from the old EU
>>
>>78245220
and in a way its racist because finn is black and has to be saved by their perfect white female
>>
>>78246667
Natasi Daala and Ysard were both incompetent cunts
>>
>>78246677

Heh, he also got saved from the white riot police stormtrooper by a white guy.
>>
>Leia not trained to be a jedi not even trained enough to defend herself just in case of emergencies

I will never be okay with that.
Still 67/100
>>
File: andi g.jpg (72 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
andi g.jpg
72 KB, 600x800
>>78246680
>>78246667
>>
>>78246667

No, she's not the new Natasi Daala. For one thing, Sloane is actually pretty smart and relateable rather than being Tarkin's brain-damaged cumslut.

Rae Sloane was introduced as a captain in A New Dawn, the Rebels prequel novel. Which I highly recommend.

If anything, Rae is the new Pellaeon.
>>
>>78246550
>>78246572
>>78246589
>>78246608
Lor San Tekka.

There's next to no info on him. I fully expect the new EU to give him a rich and needlessy complicated backstory anytime soon, though. Or do they not do that anymore?

Anyways, I guess it was cool that Ming the Merciless showed up, but it's a shame he was wasted in a bit role that we'll never see again.
>>
File: 1447189480418.jpg (189 KB, 736x884) Image search: [Google]
1447189480418.jpg
189 KB, 736x884
This is Annikin, I've reached the sneaking point.
>>
>>78246404
I wanted a good character not a caricature of the strong perfect female
Rey is literally a stereotype and I have to question JJ on him saying Rey wasn't conceived by gender considering how she's written even Luke and Anakin weren't this good(and anakin was sort of the same character as rey)
>>
Is Rey being Luke's daughter too obvious to be true?
>>
>>78246677
I find it racist because nobody seems to give a shit about the characters except their race/sex

>he's a black and kicks ass
>she's a girl and kicks ass

vs.

>she's the tomboy daughter of a politican who leads a rebellion
>she's anakin's whiny padawan and you see her grow into a mature young woman

I don't really care about star wars anymore anyway but it annoys me how they keep promoting some "ladies in star wars" agenda like they're doing something new. If the only interesting thing about you're character is what they're not, they're a shit character.
>>
>>78246701
> tfw we may still yet see Thrawn with boobs
>>
File: ChissFemale.jpg (396 KB, 565x795) Image search: [Google]
ChissFemale.jpg
396 KB, 565x795
>>78246736
nev'er e'ver
>>
>>78246680
Wait, I'm pretty sure Ysard pulled out some pretty good moves. Sure, some were retarded but some were good. Or am I remembering that wrong...
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 79

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.