[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
digital sales 12/16
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: topdigitalsales_12.16.png (629 KB, 508x660) Image search: [Google]
topdigitalsales_12.16.png
629 KB, 508x660
so a lot of people often talk about the impact of digital sales, which are never released to anyone but comic companies, and say that print sales still dominate the conversation. many people bring it up when it comes to books that don't sell many floppies.

so i thought it would be worth showing off the top digital sales of the day after release, to get an idea of what's most popular.

for instance: Robin War books are doing exceptionally well, while last week's B&R Eternal is in 6th. There's a few Star Wars comics on the listing because of a digital sale, but Walking Dead and Secret Wars dominate the top next to Batman.

what do people think of digital in general?
>>
>>78237673
>what do people think of digital in general?

If it's the same price as the physical copy, it's not worth getting.
>>
>>78237673
I've extensively tried them but prefer paper comics.
>>
>>78237673
>>78202091
>>
Didio said an interesting thing a couple days ago, he said digital had a lot of growth at first but now it's stagnating and bookstores are the growing market now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwwIQlXUGUQ
>>
>>78237673
>price parity
I would punch whoever runs diamond in the face if I saw him in the street.
>>
I usually check around Saturday to get a good idea of things because of lazy people who might wait a day or two to buy
>>
File: Oh I would wreck this fucker.jpg (761 KB, 1355x900) Image search: [Google]
Oh I would wreck this fucker.jpg
761 KB, 1355x900
>>78237866
Oh yea, fucking hell I would kick his ass
>>
>>78237783
i'm not sure how much bookstores can help when they're dying as well, but i'm certain Amazon is a huge driving market. DC's has a lot of high sellers usually on the top of the listing for graphic novels (Killing Joke, Watchmen, V for Vendetta, etc)

>>78237716
after a couple months they do a dollar price drop on new releases. so 2.99 comics are now 1.99. and they do a lot of sales too, especially with marvel. if you're willing to be patient and have a way to read digital comics off the computer (like a tablet or a smart phone) then it's actually pretty useful.
>>
>>78237673
Ahahaha oh god why is E2S on there.

Maybe that's why Abnett ain't wrapping it up, they think they can save it.
>>
>>78237973
Amazon should count as a bookstore. It gets included in Bookscan numbers at least.
>>
>>78237673
>Luthorseid in the top 10.
>Gotham Academy in the top 15.
YES
>>
>>78237716
This guy gets it.

The same with digital fucking video games. Fucking Nintendo are the worst at this.
>>
I used to get digital comics and I much prefer it, actually, but I switched to floppies in a desperate bid to help my ailing favorite titles. (Because someone told me that digital sales only count half?) Which sucks, because my comic book store gets them days later sometimes. I wish the digital market was bigger, or that distribution outside the US didn't suck so hard.
>>
>>78237973
You think digital prices are bad? Try being Canadian, we're screwed both ways.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.