[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this show's songs so good? Why are songs that are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: phineas_ferb_perry.gif (29 KB, 500x604) Image search: [Google]
phineas_ferb_perry.gif
29 KB, 500x604
Why is this show's songs so good?
Why are songs that are made just for a show usually not that good?
>>
>>78235728
Not really an answer but what puts Phineas and Ferb's songs above over good musical shows for me is it's diversity of genre's and parodies.
Keeps things interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qia8DnY6-mg
>>
Dan and Swampy both have a background in music and they hired people who had the same.
>>
I'm so glad they gave Doof a love for Broadway.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YyFiZ78tfY
>>
>>78235829
They have a history of trying to shove in songs in shows they worked on in the past. Song in an episode of Rocko's Modern Life or one of the earlier pre-cancellation Family Guy episodes? Probably Dan and/or Swampy's fault
>>
>>78235872

Road to Rhode Island was Dan; same for the Campfire Song in Spongebob. No surprise that guys who love music would want to write music.

The song in every Phineas and Ferb episode was a Disney exec's idea though; the pilot didn't have one and never did Rollercoaster, which was the entire point of remaking that episode as an extended length musical.

I don't know if it was the same one who kept demanding that Perry have a girlfriend. He did it enough that they actually Seth McFarlane voice a parody of the guy in an episode and make that demand for Doof 'N Puss.

I believe the exec quit making that demand afterwards.
>>
File: 1432773452679.png (1 MB, 841x1494) Image search: [Google]
1432773452679.png
1 MB, 841x1494
>>78236026
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyv2bG2p2ew&t=0m39s

It's hilarious how much they had to fight for this.
>>
>>78236689
Oop, starts at 0:39
>>
>>78236026
that's not how i heard it: they DID put a song in the first episode and they were worried the execs wouldn't like it.. in their words "this is disney, disney knows good songs (presumably he means the movies)" and the execs loved it and insisted on a song in every episode as a result
>>78236689
that really was fantastic. evidently they stopped asking after that
>>
>>78236721
what do you mean 'oop' ? the video starts there, and it's meant to.
>>
>>78236898

Rollercoaster doesn't have a song in it though and was an extended version of the pitch.

The second episode to air, Lawn Gnome Beach Party of Terror, did have a song though. That was probably what prompted the Disney execs to make that request.
>>
>>78237469
ah okay, i must have gotten that one detail confused
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.