[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There is any way of saving G.I Joe?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
>>
Seeing the replies I guess not
>>
Push it further into the super-espionage sub-genre of action that seems inexplicably popular nowadays.

Also, make a good goddamn AAA third-person shooter game. Hell, Hideo Kojima would probably be up for it now.
>>
>>78229505
>a good goddamn AAA third-person shooter game

X-com game would be better...and of course you could pick sides to control COBRA
>>
>>78229962
Anything would be better with an x-com game.
>>
>>78226229
Just make it all women.
>>
hand it over to Michael Bay, he's the only guy who successfully revived 80s franchises
>>
>>78226229
Marketing
>>
>>78226229
artist?
>>
>>78226229
Make it into Metal Gear type of crazy or just focus on the military espionage plus Ninjas aspect of the franchise and leave the AMURRICAFUCKYEAH shit out.
>>
>>78229505
Can Kojima still do MGS? Or does Konami own the rights for that game? I am guessing he would be on board for making cool shit for GI Joe type of games or even a Captain America game if given the right money.
>>
>>78226229
Make GI Joe the name of the organisation instead of a character and turn it into The Clone Wars on Earth instead of space.
>>
>>78229505
Kojima is going to stay far away from any of those types of games
He's 100% going to make a brand new IP
>>
>>78230785
Nope, Konami owns the intellectual rights even if Kojima was the creator. He is going to make a brand new franchise for Sony Entertainment now. Just look at the new logo for Kojima Productions
>>
>>78232519
I guess this means MGS is dead, sucks but oh well it had a good run then.
>>
>>78232934
It's not done yet, Anon! Don't be sad, they're making a pachinko machine!
>Pull the lever!
>>
File: 1443137250963.jpg (475 KB, 850x1293) Image search: [Google]
1443137250963.jpg
475 KB, 850x1293
Full armor > slutwear
>>
>>78226229
We're living in a sack-a-shit depressing pessimistic borderline dystopian world where menacing terrorist organizations that want to conquer the world are in the news headlines every week, rather than a farfetched fantasy.

So, it's literally the worst possible time for this franchise.

There's a reason why superheroes and lighthearted optimistic scifi like Star Wars and Transformers is in again, it's a good distraction from how shitty world around is.

I mean, the only possible approach that could work would be gritty reboot into serious spy stuff, but with a name like GI Joe and all the baggage of 80's nostalgia and people assuming it's gonna be for kids? No way it would work. Like, they tried to make it Bayshit with ninjas and that obviously didn't work.
>>
File: Baroness Russ Heath.jpg (739 KB, 970x1250) Image search: [Google]
Baroness Russ Heath.jpg
739 KB, 970x1250
>>78233256
Evening wear > Full armor
>>
>>78234201
I disagree.
>>
1. Embrace the camp. Especially with Cobra, which only really took off and became iconic because it was a group of egomaniacs who kept backstabbing each other, making them far more entertaining than the good guys.

2. Stop being tokenism and use fan favorites. Lady Jaye, Flint, Beachhead, Dial Tone, Shipwreck should be heavily featured and not killed off, marginalized, villified, gender flipped

3. And this might be a bit controversial, but fuck it: MERGE Snake Eyes and Duke.

Snake Eyes gets Duke's face and real name but keeps Snake Eye's costume, backstory, and ninja shit and Scarlet as a love interest.

4. Embrace the gay; the fetish gear of the Cobra/GI Joe uniforms and shit. Goes along with embracing the MGS look/design shit.

5. Embrace the moral ambiguity shit. Storm Shadow is a Ninja merc for hire who works for the Joes and Cobra. The Iron Grenadiers still work for Destro but only in secret. They are the modern version of Blackwater and work with the Joes from time to time and you get the intrigue of Destro keeping his role in the Grenadiers a secret.

Hell, maybe even show the good side of Cobra. They kill drug dealers, legit take care of their own rank and file troops, and beat the shit out of ISIS and Al Quaeda because they are too evil even in the eyes of Cobra Commander.

Maybe even use elements of "The Most Dangerous Man In the World" and Baroness's origin for CC's origin. He was a right wing car company executive, who's life got ruined when he and his family were caught in a terrorist bombing. His brother and wife died and his son was maimed, causing him to snap and form Cobra to bring order to the world by force.
>>
>>78234514
Sounds nice, besides Stormshadow and snake eyes duke merger
>Hell, maybe even show the good side of Cobra. They kill drug dealers, legit take care of their own rank and file troops, and beat the shit out of ISIS and Al Quaeda because they are too evil even in the eyes of Cobra Commander.
I would say the other groups are just rivals.
And reminds me of Austin Powers or Simpsons with Scorpio. Showing that Cobra has a health care would be funny.
>>
Hate to say it, but make more movies.

Cartoons clearly won't work anymore.

Oh, and make it like GI Joe Resolute. That was awesome.
>>
>>78226229
no, millennials still think it's cool to hate America and the military, and there isn't enough gay shipping to keep them on board.
>>
>>78235122
should have weaned yourselves off that oil addiction when you had the chance
>>
>>78233283
Cold War and all it's ills spawned GI Joe, don't see how today's environment makes it harder.
>>
>>78235122
I respect vets but America's current wars are literally to make weapons companies fuckloads of money.
>>
File: Ya killin me son JTG.gif (2 MB, 200x145) Image search: [Google]
Ya killin me son JTG.gif
2 MB, 200x145
>>78231424
>Make GI Joe the name of the organisation instead of a character
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.