[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Marvel Reprinting Complete "Vision" #1 in "Spider-Man/Deadpool"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 5
File: vision-icon_9.jpg (10 KB, 120x120) Image search: [Google]
vision-icon_9.jpg
10 KB, 120x120
So, the issue #2 goes free for the retailers, and the issue #1 will also be given for free in SM/DP.
Is there any way marvel would imply more that this book was a colossal failure?
>>
Link
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/marvel-reprinting-complete-vision-1-in-spider-mandeadpool-1
>>
I'm glad Marvel is trying to pimp this book out because it deserves the boost, but on the other hand it feels like they are trying to butter King up for an exclusive and I don't want that.
>>
>>78223589
NO one wants that. It probably will happen anyway.
>>
>>78223589
Johns is buttering him up too

https://twitter.com/geoffjohns/status/675827116550828033

But unless Marvel gives him a Robin War, I doubt their pimping of Vision would mean that he'd sign an exclusive.
>>
>>78223613
Johns should invite him over for a night of barbeque and playing with action figures, that would win him over for sure.
>>
>>78223589
Hopefully he doesn't play that exclusive bullshit.
I always think about it though, the sweet, sweet dosh.
>>
>>78223508
Yeah it was a massive failure, and literally no one bought it. But it's nice to se them trying to save it anyways.
>>
>>78223508
This sounds completely dumb ass fuck.
>>
Should've make this a Marvel Knights, or even a MAX book. Doesn't feel like the kind of book that would take place in current Marvel. Hell, it barely feels like a Marvel book in the first place.
>>
>>78223667
That's why it's actually good
>>
>>78223639
> you will never eat cereal and play action figures with Johns
>>
File: spideydp.jpg (146 KB, 640x972) Image search: [Google]
spideydp.jpg
146 KB, 640x972
Here's the final cover to Spider-Man/Deadpool #1, without the UPC box. Sense the obvious?

>This January, the Marvel Universe’s most unlikely duo is about to become a trio! That’s right, today Marvel is pleased to announce that next month’s highly anticipated SPIDER-MAN/DEADPOOL #1 will now also contain the full issue of the critically acclaimed THE VISION #1 – at no extra cost! Missed out on the title that has the entire comic industry buzzing? Now is your chance to jump on board one of the hottest new series!

>“The Vision #1 is a title that perfectly encapsulates the All-New, All-Different Marvel initiative,” says Marvel SVP Sales & Marketing David Gabriel. “It’s a riveting reinterpretation of a character that has existed for decades and Tom [King], Gabriel [Hernandez Walta] and Jordie [Bellaire] truly hit a home run. We’re hoping that by including it in a huge release like SPIDER-MAN/DEADPOOL we can get this fantastic first issue in front of a larger audience.”

>Here’s what some of the critics have to say about THE VISION #1:

>“…a strangely chilling, page-turner of a comic. And it is fantastic.” – io9.com

>“The Vision #1 is as pitch-perfect a first issue as I’ve ever read.” – Newsarama

>“…this is as compelling as comics can get.” – Adventures in Poor Taste

>SPIDER-MAN/DEADPOOL #1 will now ship with 40 story pages, reprinting the full contents of THE VISION #1 at the end of the issue. Retailers are strongly encouraged to check their orders to meet demand. SPIDER-MAN/DEADPOOL #1 hits stores on January 6th, 2016.
>>
>>78223717
>The Vision #1 is a title that perfectly encapsulates the All-New, All-Different Marvel initiative,”
It's not a boring rehash of older stories with a mediocre creative team, how is this true?
>>
>>78223717
>quoting Adventures in Poor Taste
marvel must be REALLY desperate.
>>
>>78223734
I'll take memes if it means based King goes some attention ;_;
>>
>>78223717
>Please buy this book so we can bully another writering into an exclusive
>>
>>78223763
What is even funnier is that, editors at marvel will rewrite King's script anyway. Why bother even having a writer, if editors rewrite everything.
>>
>>78223508
They are doing everything they can to try to get Tom King on an exclusive. I'm glad it's failing.
>>
>>78223794
King is too good for them.
>>
>>78223684
Why even live?
>>
>>78223794
This. I've been telling everyone at my LCS to avoid it like the plague because it's awful and to get Grayson instead. Everyone needs to do their part to make sure Vision fails so King doesn't waste his time on any more Marvel garbage.
>>
>>78223818
I'm not a DCfag, but I agree.
>>
>>78223818
I hope you're telling them to buy Sheriff of Babylon too to at least make up for the money you're losing him
>>
>>78223812
I know I'm gonna get flack for this but King has shown that he excels at writing stories based in character's histories.

Marvel characters due to their sliding universe have no consistent history so he would be wasted there.
>>
>>78223684
>you will never stay up all night on the phone with Geoff talking about how to revamp a D-lister
>>
>>78223818

Come on now. It's not awful, it's great.
But I'd rather have a good Vision Series cancelled than Grayson being canceled due to King leaving DC.

What's the point of exclusive contracts anyways? We give you X money so you can't work at DC/Marvel, deal? It doesn't seem like good business decision and it's more like a petty move.
>>
>>78223844
>buying indiefaggotry
Lol no? King needs to stick to DC not run off to image or whatever bullshit publisher you're trying to shill for.
>>
>>78223508
It lacked proper exposure, as in "any"
Last ditch effort before killing it.
>>
>>78223879
It's Vertigo senpai, still DC
>>
File: New Golden Girl 1.jpg (582 KB, 1200x1800) Image search: [Google]
New Golden Girl 1.jpg
582 KB, 1200x1800
>>78223508
I hate to say it (well actually I don't cause I'm not too fond of this weird direction they're taking Vision in), but that is exactly what they did with All New Invaders, which didn't last too long either. And it's a shame, cause I liked All-New Invaders. It was slow to get to where they wanted to go, but it was a fun ride.
I miss Supreme Radiant Friend. I hope she gets a cameo in one of the other books Robinson is writing.
>>
>>78223877
>We give you X money so you can't work at DC/Marvel, deal?
That's pretty much it, you get more money out of it and if you like what you're doing there's no reason not to
>>
>>78223858
>12 hours talking about Kanto

he is too perfect
>>
>>78223877
Its Marvel, they are being petty
>>
>>78223877
It is petty but it's guaranteed work and income. Can't forget that this is a job.
>>
>>78223921
I wish the writers had some principles.
But then again, they write capes.
>>
>>78223879
Sheriff of Babylon is by DC's imprint you stupid fuck
>>
What's happening /co/? When did we start to become the villians? The Vision is a good book. Why do we want to kill it? Have we D/Co/mrades gone too mad? I still remember Soule writing ST like it was yesterday. Never really expected that sudden exclusive contract and fall to just above mediocre.
>>
>>78224030
Soule is exactly why. If he was still good at Marvel it wouldn't matter but look at what has happened to him.

smdh
>>
>>78223904
>>78223910
>>78223921
But Marvel just seems to waste it..
For example, I'm sure Wilson has a exclusive contract with them but she still does her creator owner stuff, while she is being put on 2 books max (iirc she wrote the X-men with only females but didn't last and her next book will be A-team? That sure will last....) with the only consistent one being Ms Marvel.

It boggles my mind that Marvel hasn't put her in more books, specially Captian Marvel. So it's probably her decision to not stretch herself through so many books.
And if that's the case then she wouldn't work on DC anyways so no need for a contract for that.
>>
Seems like marvel are doing everything they can to help what is definitely their best book take off, and that's really dope.

hopefully it works

also, what's with this fear /co/ has of writers going exclusive every time a pub does something nice for them?

"i hope a book by a creator i like is getting paid for, at a company i don't like fails". you people are the worst

>>78223589
>it feels like they are trying to butter King up for an exclusive

you're reading too far into this. they've done a similar thing before with other books
>>
>>78224030
But that seems like a great reason. Soule's Swamp Thing was far better than everything he's done for Marvel.
>>
>>78224162
You clearly haven't been reading comics for too long. Disney doesn't just do something nice for anyone without wanting something.
>>
The only reason Vision is being pushed so hard is because Marvel is trying to sweet talk King into an exclusive. Hopefully he knows this and tells them to fuck off.
>>
>>78223734
You could argue its one of the few genuine "all new, all different" books at Marvel just from how much it clashes with everything else tonally.
>>
>>78224237
Marvel hasn't even been under Disney for that long.
>>
>>78224343
Yeah Marvel being cunts has nothing to do with Disney.
>>
>>78224162

Tom Taylor, Charles Soule, Jeff Lemire...

I could go on and on. Marvel has a history of taking new good writers in the business, specially those working for DC, and putting them into exclusive contracts which are nothing but a petty move of not letting them work for DC again.
>>
>>78224477
Taylor still works for DC, doesn't he? Could swear he was writing a lantern book.

I honestly haven't been following Lemire much.

Just seems a little ridiculous to want a book you like to be canned because company loyalty.
>>
>>78224724
Taylor is doing Batman/Superman starting in January I think.
>>
>>78224343
What? 5 years is decently long. That's half a decade.
>>
>>78224724
Companyfags are as bad as characterfags.

I don't give a shit what company King writes for, I just want to read good books from him. Vision is very good, so all this "HOLY SHIT KING WRITING FOR MARVEL WILL RUIN HIM" outrage seems pretty damn retarded to me.
>>
>>78224786
See >>78224477
>>
>>78224477

You know, I've noticed that /co/ hates on those guys a lot lately, but I remember they used to be fairly popular.

Marvel exclusivity kills the best of us.
>>
>>78224100
>So it's probably her decision to not stretch herself through so many books.

She's said in an interview that she limits herself to like, two books.
>>
>>78224741
He's doing that and a GLC mini
>>
>>78224829
They would still be popular if their writing remained as good. I don't know how exclusive Lemire really is though. Teen Titans EO is getting a second volume by him apparently. I guess it's just monthlies that the contract limits.

Too bad he can't do team books.
>>
>>78224829
Superior Iron Man was loved, as was Injustice, but a lot of people around here were turned off from him because of Earth 2.

Not sure what he's writing currently for Marvel.
>>
>>78224868
considering that it's a graphic novel, I would take a wild guess that it's already written and just waiting for the art and a free publishing slot for when to put it out.
>>
>>78223854
Why would you get flack? Basically everyone on this thread is in agreement that Marvel poaching King with an exclusive would be a massive waste of his talents (ex: Lemire, Soule, etc.)
>>
File: strike a pose.jpg (201 KB, 952x613) Image search: [Google]
strike a pose.jpg
201 KB, 952x613
>>78223717
That deadpool pose looks awfully familiar.
>>
>>78223589
Marvel audience doesn't deserve King. They deserve more squirrel girl.
>>
>>78224030
>The Vision is a good book. Why do we want to kill it?
Vision's a good Marvel book, but that's a low bar. It's the least of King's work that he's putting out right now. If he gets and exclusive, it means he leaves his other, much better books to continue his shittiest book and likely not continue with a company and cast that fits him much, much better.
>>
>>78224868
Lemire had to drop out of Bloodshot due to his contract. But in saying that, Bloodshot is the last good book he's done in a while. His team books under both DC and Marvel were fucking terrible, and Green Arrow struggled but was brought up by the art.
>>
>>78225118
Even Animal Man? C'mon anon
I agree about his marvel works
>>
>>78225025
>It's the least of King's work that he's putting out right now.
For you.

I like it better than Grayson and Sheriff so far.
>>
>>78225025
I think Vision is better than Robin War #1. Though the Grayson issue was great.
>>
>>78225144
Wasn't Animal Man pre-Green Arrow? Cause he does Animal Man, then they give him either JLD or JLA, or maybe both, and they both followed the Lemire team standard of being disappointing. I think he got Green Arrow after that.

But the point being, the guy can't write a team book to save his life, and every editor he's worked with, both DC and Marvel, keep giving him team books
>>
>>78225144
Animal Man wasn't a team book.

That said, it lost major steam towards the end, and even re-reading the rest of the book, its hampered from being one big lead-in to Rotworld which itself was underwhelming.
>>
>>78225197
In JLU he wrote a good team with the LoSH, it was just that it wasn't the team that the book was about.
>>
>>78224880
>Not sure what he's writing currently for Marvel.
Sniktlette
>>
>>78225197
Lemire overall sounds like a very humorless and awkward person in interviews. He has more shitty books in his career than good ones. Hard to tell why he is still bothering with being a comic book writer, since it obviously doesn't make him happy.
>>
>>78225257
Maybe the Big Two just aren't for him.
>>
>>78225257
Trying to break into the TV business and get some of that sweet, sweet licensing dosh
>>
>Marvel pushing a great book by a strong, up and coming writer about a classic character

Marvel finally pushing something I can 100% get behind
>>
>>78225293
obv
>>
>>78225257
He comes off as really deadpan in interviews
>>
>>78225333
I keked at his recent interview regarding Apocalypse Wars
>What do you think makes Apocalypse great?
Lemire: That he can appear in three books at the sime time, that's what makes him great, imo
>>
>>78225406
Maybe he's just autistic
>>
>>78225406
What's the actual quote?
>>
>>78225439
That would explain Sweet Tooth.

>>78225460
give me time
>>
>>78225257
>>78225288
I'm pretty sure he only does big two stuff so he can make his name bigger and then his creator owned stuff like Plutona will do better

I know he's a big DC fanboy but when he writes characters he clearly likes he's kind of bad at it?
>>
>(...)Can you talk about what you think makes Apocalypse such a popular villain that has stood the test of time?

Lemire: (...) I think it it a testament to the depth Apocalypse character that three book can tell three Apocalypse stories from three very different points of view.

http://comicbook.com/2015/12/11/exclusive-apocalypse-wars-kicks-off-in-extraordinary-x-men-8/

A little different than how I remembered it, but it still came off awkward
>>
>>78223508
Marvel finally knows they have an actually well written book, but they fucked up the marketing for it. This is good news, they are taking their fuck up and paying the penalty by shipping it for free. Of course /co/ will complain, but this is only good news that will drum up interest
>>
>>78224030
I'd rather King fail than Marvel succeed.
>>
>>78225540
>Marveldrone woke up.
Slowpoke. I bet that you're the one who posts that Bendis pasta unironically

>>78225555
Checked
>>
>>78225491
How was Plutona anyway? I worry about reading shit with kids in it, high probability of them being annoying in it.
>>
>>78225540
>wanting interest drummed up in a Marvel book
Lol fuck off shill.
>>
>>78225585
Good, way better than his other indie book. Nothing on Bloodshot
>>
>>78225563
>>Marveldrone woke up.
>Slowpoke. I bet that you're the one who posts that Bendis pasta unironically

I read more Marvel than DC, but more indi stuff than both. There is now something wrong with wanting good books in DC or Marvel??? You kill comics
>>
>>78225502
That's still pretty funny

>three different people can write a character! HE'S DEEP
>>
>>78225715
OMG! KYS
>>
>>78225725
>3 people can write 1 character
>2deep4u
>>
DCasuals in this thread should kill theirselves. You're the cancer that killing comics.

Somebody, post ''I can't wait this shit to fail'' image.
>>
You guys are complete assholes for wishing ill on the best book Marvel has right now.
>>
>>78225818
I think Vision is good and I want it to succeed

I also just want King to not become exclusive to Marvel
>>
>>78225917
Exactly this. I like Vision, but I'd totally give it up for the sake of Omega Men, Grayson, Sheriff, and Green Lantern if DC has any sense at all
>>
>>78225818
It's console wars aka all that DC has left.
>>
>>78225818
Its gonna die regardless. Not enough controversies attached to the book to drive sales.
>>
>>78225818
yeah, fuck you /co/ I'm going to buy it right now.
>>
>>78226176
Oh no, don't support a good book! Anything but that!
>>
>>78226146
This is your fault, /co/.
>>
>>78226146
Has Marvel given up on MCU shilling though? You'd think they could get those casuals to check it out
>>
>>78226365
Other than le randumb references what shilling you're talking about apart from ongoing Star Lord book? You guys are nitpicking as hell.
>>
File: 1449251548388.png (765 KB, 1000x629) Image search: [Google]
1449251548388.png
765 KB, 1000x629
>>78223508
>Is there any way marvel would imply more that this book was a colossal failure?
The fact that they didn't advertise it in the least. Bendis had like 20 variant covers, Tom King had 1. They should have played up the mystery aspect of the book, make it come off as horror.
>>
>>78223717
Oh, it's a bonus book, like how the did Inhumans #1 with Amazing Spider-man #1.

That worked out greeeaaat
>>
>Vision gets cancelled
>"It was always meant to only be X issues long."
>>
>>78223892
Tbh I just couldn't stand seeing Pugh's art slaughtered by Fucking D'armata, the worst colorist in the business, senpai.
>>
>>78230678
I was thinking about this the other day, but its funny how decompression is so prevalent in an age where most books can barely sustain a handful of issues anymore.
>>
>>78223508
If it was a colossal failure, Marvel wouldn't have even bothered to do anything.

They're clearly seeing the reviews, and trying to push it as their next Hawkeye. Which is a hell lot more than what DC's been doing for Tom King's books.
>>
>>78225118
Whoa whoa whoa. He's out of Bloodshot? Fuck, I was loving his run. I just started trade waiting on it, and was very excited because I knew he had written very far ahead. What is his last issue going to be?

I'm probably trade waiting most all of Valiant right now honestly. They have a very strong population of excellent, diverse titles.
>>
>>78223613
Geoff Johns. Trying to keep the talent at DC. And convincing others to come back.
>>
>>78224477
Why did you list Tom Taylor there?
>>
Marvel banked on Karnak to be the ANAD version of Hawkeye, but it only got the delays in common. So they need to push Vision now to fill that critic darling gap.
>>
>>78223613
I remember that Jim Lee said that creators at DC were pushing to uncancel Omega Men. I wonder who that might be

https://twitter.com/Ssnyder1835/status/639952489853358080
https://twitter.com/ssnyder1835/status/643442121433841668
>>
>>78231282
>uncancel Omega Men
Has a book ever been un-cancelled?
>>
>>78223892
seriously, cutest new character
I hope they use her in a movie just for diversity sake or whatever
she'd be perfect
>>
Regarding Lemire, I'm kind of enjoying Descender. His Hawkeye is awful though.
>>
>>78226365

Why the fuck else do you think we're getting Civil War goddamn 2 right around the time the movie subtitled "Civil War" comes out?
>>
>>78231388
Andreyko Manhunter
Omega Men did get uncanceled so it can go to 12 instead of end at 8
>>
>>78231117

He went exclusive for Marvel and is only now back.
>>
>>78231534
God dammit I'm so disappointed that his Bawoman ended up being just middling in quality. Katehunter was the bee's knees.
>>
>>78225818
>>78226176
Read the thread you tumblrites. Nobody hates the bool, we hate the way it'll inevitably treated in Marvel's new "shock and outrage" atmosphere.
>>
>>78231482
And Apocalypse War at the same time as X-men: Apocalypse
>>
>>78231282

Johns was also tweeting about how great King's stuff is. even name checked Vision
>>
>>78232690
>5 hours lateg
>>
>>78223508
That's a shame. It's one of the best new books Marvel is putting out.
>>
It's kind of a lose-lose situation in the end, isn't it?
>>
>>78231690
I meant why did you list him among "good writers"
>>
>>78231811
I feel like if we skipped the vampire stuff and went straight to Batwoman and Her Spooky Friends, it would have done a lot better.
>>
>>78223508
Is there any legit evidence of the sales being bad?
>>
>>78234260
Well the #1 was at 42k and that's pretty bad when you figure in the usual drop between a #1 and #2 and so on until a series settles in. To combat this, Marvel gave away enough free issues to stores to get the #2 up to 42k as well. And now weeks after that there's this latest news about it being packaged in another comic.

Not a good sign at all.
>>
>>78234260
This was the first issue debut, and since Marvel is matching orders for the second issue #2 will be about the same

>54 Vision 1 $3.99 Marvel 42,119

Not a great number but not too terrible I guess? Books like Starfire and Black Canary debuted around 40k too and they're sitting around 22-27k now
>>
>>78223640
He loves the Batfamily and Wildstorm too much, plus DC have him his own hyped Vertigo book immediately. Marvel would have to throw a lot of money at him to get him to be exclusive, and I don't see him working well as a "big" writer over at Marvel.
>>
>>78234415
That is pretty terrible though, books like Starfire and Black Canary at least have other things going for them; Black Canary has a fanbase because of BOP going on for 15 years, Starfire has a fanbase from decades of Teen Titans stories plus Conner & Palmiotti fans. They'll settle into a groove and stay there.

Vision is a grossly overlooked Avenger and King is still not very well known.
>>
>>78234405
>>78234415
How many variants did Vision #1 have?

20+ variants and a great deal of pushing inflated IIM numbers by like 200k.
>>
>>78234813
THE VISION #1
Tom King (w) • GABRIEL HERNANDEZ WALTA (a)
Cover by MIKE DEL MUNDO
variant cover by MARCOS MARTIN
Artist variant cover by RYAN SOOK
Hip-hop variant cover by Vanesa R. Del Rey
>>
>>78234723
That's true, plus Vision got a variant boost
>>
>>78223508
So with this I can safely imply that spiderman / deadpool will be the best selling marvel book so far?
>>
>>78235068
probably not unless they give it 20 variants
>>
>>78225555
Quads of the future. You brought this onto you anon. 4 months until Vision gets cancelled! Screencap this.
Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.