[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ATLA: Smoke & Shadow Part Deux
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62
oh, yes, many keks will be had this issue
>>
>>78222596
By the way, Azula is one of the Kemurikage, and the Kemurikage are part of the reason the once called Fire Islands, ruled by a vicious warlords, became the Fire Nation. They haunted the Fire Islands until they were all united into one nation by the Fire Lord. Also, Ukano appears to be collaborating with the kidnappings, even of his own son. He is far too deep in allegiance with the Kemurikage now.
>>
>>78222768

KEMURIKAGE DID NOTHING WRONG
>>
Someone fucking storytime it already.
>>
>>78222596
It really is just
Bryke wasn't content to ruin Korra, they have to go back and retroactively ruin TLA too.
>>
>>78222811

Bryke aren't in charge of this

And Yang does a much better job than both of those hacks.

fuck off, maikofag
>>
>>78222808

We're gonna have to wait a bit, anon
>>
>>78222768

Also, Kiyi is kidnapped by the Kemurikage. Surprise, surprise. No one saw that coming, huh?
>>
>>78222947

Just wait til we tell Scrapper!

Also

It sounds like Yang completely ignored the Beginnings two parter in Korra here or at least did nothing to contradict or tie into it, based on the spoilers
>>
>>78222768
Weren't the Fire Islands ruled first by the Fire Sages, before the Sages' leader gained power and proclaimed himself as Fire Lord?
>>
>>78223032
Exactly details weren't revealed, it was a vague explanation, but I think it happens like this: they were first ruled by Warlords, after them came the Fire Sages and eventually the Fire Lord.
>>
File: Fire_Lord_portraits.png (114 KB, 333x250) Image search: [Google]
Fire_Lord_portraits.png
114 KB, 333x250
Okay, so history of the Fire Nation guys, here we go
At some point in the past (the comic doesn't say), the Fire Nation or Fire Islands as they were called then were each ruled by a different war lord (whether these war lords were "fire sages" we're not sure). The most vicious and savage of these guys was a dude named Toz. When one of his territories refused to pay the exorbitant taxes he demanded, his men kidnapped the children who lived there and held them for ransom. The mothers of these children all died. Soon after the Kemurikage appeared and began haunting Toz's lands and kidnapping children themselves until the followers of Toz abandoned him. For years, the Kemurikage haunted the Fire Islands even after Toz until the first Fire Lord united the warring states into a single kingdom which ushered in an era of peace and prosperity for all, after which the Kemurikage disappeared.

The Kemurikage in league with Ukano are revealed to Aang by one of the actual Kemurikage spirits to be not spirits at all as the Kemurikage have not visited the human world since the days of the first Fire Lord. Presumably, these Kemurikage, who have apparently recruited Azula into their ranks are actually trying to play the role of Kemurikage with regards to Zuko, whom they probably see as a modern Toz oppressing his people and jeopardizing the nation's safety. This is of course assuming it is not all a trick by Azula herself to get power (we still don't know who's in charge here or what the endgame plan is, we just know Ukano is playing along and is scared of these bitches)

Pretty dope in my opinion so far
>>
>>78222768
I forgot to mention: the current Kemurikage are confirmed by a real Kemurikage to not be the same spirits who once appeared in the past. Aang meets a real one and they confirm they never went back to the human world ever since the time of the Fire Islands. The current Kemurikage are fakers, and Azula is one of them. They are just using the Kemurikage's tale.
>>
>>78223234

Oh, and Sozin seems to have tried to cover a lot of the early Fire Nation history up.
>>
>>78223295
Does that mean they're evil?
>>
File: 1439587911650.jpg (53 KB, 474x595) Image search: [Google]
1439587911650.jpg
53 KB, 474x595
>>78223001
>Korra will slowly be phased out of the canon
>>
But where is Suki in all this?
>>
>>78223316

It depends on what the motivation is. that isn't revealed yet, we know they are kidnapping children, Ukano is aware of this and knows right where the children are and is using the situation to create a stir among the people that Zuko is endangering the country. which is a lot like like how teh actual kemurikage kept the warlords in line before the Fire Lord showed up

two possibilities

1. Azula is using the Kemurikage legend for her own selfish and evil purposes

2. The Kemurikage have simply recruited Azula and genuinely see Zuko as being the evil one here
>>
>>78223234
>This is of course assuming it is not all a trick by Azula herself to get power.

I doubt that's the case because Azula simply doesn't appear have the mental state for such a complex plan anymore. And Spirits? Azula was never that creative or spiritual to do stuff like that. And how an unpopular person like Azula would even managed to gather new followers? The fake Kemurikage are probably not her idea. She might still be manipulating them to further her own agenda, though.
>>
File: 2014_Gene_Yang_001-Web.jpg (380 KB, 1024x681) Image search: [Google]
2014_Gene_Yang_001-Web.jpg
380 KB, 1024x681
>>78223379

[raughs]
>>
File: Suki_glad_about_upbeat_Zuko.png (149 KB, 235x370) Image search: [Google]
Suki_glad_about_upbeat_Zuko.png
149 KB, 235x370
I must know. Does she get any panel time?
>>
>>78223400
It is probably the latter. I can't see her being able to pull this kind of farce. She is most likely just going along with the wild Kemurikage ride.
>>
>>78223384
>>78223454

she fights the Kemurikage when they try to kidnap Kiyi
>>
Here's a question worth considering:

What other art teams would you see being suitable for an Avatar book? One of the reasons release is so slow is due to Gurihiru being the main/only art team.
>>
>>78223489
Jobs again huh?
>>
>>78223411
>>78223473

The thing is though I can't see much reason for Azula to want to join them except if they were going to satisfy her own selfish ambitions. Unless Azula was wandering half-insane through the jungle and some religious cult caught her in a slump and gave her new purpose or something.
>>
>>78223234
Perhaps that "Fire Lords were originally Fire Sages" was just propaganda bullshit by the Fire Nation.

Or the original Fire Lords were eventually phased out by the Fire Sages, then the current Fire Lord line was started by the Main Sage.
>>
>>78223781

To be honest, I wouldn't put too much stock in some guidebooks published years ago that haven't even been reprinted in forever.

But other than the lack of reference to these warlords as Fire Sages explicitly, it seems to match up.

Yang's take seems to make the first Fire Lord seem like a good dude while those old guidebooks kind of make him sound like a prick who got tired of having to share power.
>>
>>78223767
>The thing is though I can't see much reason for Azula to want to join them except if they were going to satisfy her own selfish ambitions.

True, but she is definitely not the mastermind behind the fake Kemurikage. She is no longer capable of stuff like that. Even a simple scam using a letter was hard for her. She lost her mojo. She probably just joined the fake Kemurikage to hijack their whole operation, like she did with the Dai Li. It won't work because the fake Kemurikage will probably see it coming, though.
>>
>>78224038

I could see a red herring where everyone thinks Azula is the mastermind, but she's just a follower of the Kemurikage's real matriarch.
>>
>>78223295
wait.. so you're telling me there are dangerous spirits called Kemurikage in the spirit world, that threatened the whole fire nation.

And Korra opened the spirit portals.. so..
>>
>>78224082
BRAVO KORRA
>>
File: 1450259337571.gif (80 KB, 248x203) Image search: [Google]
1450259337571.gif
80 KB, 248x203
btw

>tfw Scrapper's precious Azula redemption is getting further and further away with each new page
>>
>>78224182
what bugs me is that there are still people thinking Korra did a good thing by opening the portals... hell, Bryke think that..
>>
>>78224188
not him, but technically Kiyi was "saved from Ursa". We all know Ursa would probably screw up her as soon as she had a second son.
>>
>>78224188
Redemption stories for characters like Azula are always fanfiction tier. Azula doesn't qualify for redemption because she clearly never showed any signs of good inside her, unlike her brother Zuko. Glad to see Gene is going away from this.
>>
>>78224082
But they just said that the real kemurikage spirits helped protect the fire islands from the warlords until there was peace
>>78223234
>>
>>78224082
>>78224434

Also, as it was mentioned above, Yang doesn't give a date for these events. The portal shit doesn't seem to have anything to do with it. In fact, Yang in both this comic and in the last one with Toph doesn't seem to care about the whole spirit portal shit since he'd giant behemoth spirits showing up when apparently the portals are supposed to be keeping them out.
>>
>>78224821
It seem more like Bryke forgot their own lore when they introduced the portals.
>>
>>78223490
None. Gurihiru is too pretty.
>>
>>78223001
>>78223379
>>78223425

you are an idiot, the timeline is way past Beggings
this is just Fire Nation rise
>>
>>78224434
> the real kemurikage spirits helped protect the fire islands
all it is said according to the post you mentioned is that the kemurikage was kidnapping random children. That's not good at all.
>>
File: cuck.png (287 KB, 783x224) Image search: [Google]
cuck.png
287 KB, 783x224
Okay, now let's talk about shipping because we know that's what you faggots really care about right?

Kei Lo likes Mai but whenever he is being romantic with her, since Zuko is right there Mai keeps looking over at him for a reaction or starts making passive aggressive verbal potshots at him (eg. "Oh, yeah, an EX of mine [Zuko] thought a picnic at his ancestors' burial sites was a good idea for a romantic evening") . Zuko is clearly jealous of Kei Lo when he sees him with his pleb hands around Mai but respects Kei Lo enough to not be a dick to his face. Aang tries to not get involved but make sure nothing gets too heated.

At some point, Aang and Kei Lo have to do something which gives Mai and Zuko some brief alone time to talk while the two are distracted. Zuko tells Mai that he misses her. Mai basically tells Zuko that she feels like Kei Lo is the one she needs right now. Her reasoning is that Kei Lo obviously likes Mai more than Mai likes him, but Mai would rather have that kind of relationship than be with someone she cares about as much as Zuko only to be hurt/disappointed again.

In other words, Mai right now is perfectly willing to stay with Kei Lo in spite of the fact that she'd rather be fucking Zuko, simply because if things don't work out with Kei Lo, she's not enough emotionally invested in him that it'd be as heartbreaking for her. Kei Lo is safe in that sense. He's infatuated with Mai and will do anything for her, so she can rely on him, but even though she's not attracted to him, it's better Kei Lo is the Kei Lo of the relationship and not her as has been the case between her and Zuko.

Basically, Mai turns down Zuko so she can be with Kei Lo and pretend to like him more than she really does

hopefully, once we get scans, the dialogue will be make Mai sound a little less cold here because right now things seem to be shifting into maximum overcuck
>>
>>78225467
That's not "all" that was said, they did that to make toz fuck off and until the states were united in peace. It's neutral
>>
>>78225661
Kei Lo has balls to put his hands on the Fire Lord's ex girlfriend right in front of him
>>
File: tumblr_nzggxlYYet1tb48p1o1_1280.jpg (173 KB, 716x208) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzggxlYYet1tb48p1o1_1280.jpg
173 KB, 716x208
>>78226082

I would hold Mai if I had the chance. I don't mind if it means I'm forever a cuck
>>
storytime when??
>>
File: tumblr_nzgr9fJR9r1shrlcwo1_1280.jpg (639 KB, 1280x1712) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzgr9fJR9r1shrlcwo1_1280.jpg
639 KB, 1280x1712
this is supposed to be a children's comic, I wasn't aware it would have puppies being kicked to death
>>
File: tumblr_nzgriaHei61shrlcwo1_1280.jpg (585 KB, 1280x1712) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzgriaHei61shrlcwo1_1280.jpg
585 KB, 1280x1712
>>78226850

>Kei Lo's face

dude knows
>>
File: tumblr_nzgriaHei61shrlcwo2_1280.jpg (560 KB, 1280x1712) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzgriaHei61shrlcwo2_1280.jpg
560 KB, 1280x1712
>>78226874

>Kei Lo seems nice
>nice

it's ogre
>>
>>78226026
> they did that to make toz fuck off
how stealing random children will help?
>>
>>78226943

they did it as punishment and it led to people abandoning Toz because it was his fault their kids were being spirited away.
>>
>>78226844

probably in about a week desu senpai
>>
So realistically, Azula's at 0% chance of redemption, or is Yang playing some metagame with the Kemibukakes?
>>
>>78227339

the kemurikage are her redemption
>>
>>78226850
>>78226874
>>78226893

Post the Azula reveal page!
>>
>>78226993
let me put it this way: where i live, people started rebelling against the government about a year ago. What the protesters did? they started to destroy random buildings, homes, shoppings, etc. The people just got pissed off at the movement, not the government. Expecting anything else is idiotic. The government didn't cause the movement and they didn't made them destroy shit. I don't know if kidnapping kids actually worked in the comics (as in: was responsible for changing the government), but if it did, it's fucking retarded. You attack the government if it is the government that is corrupt, not it's people. The spirit is simply causing harm to the families.
>>
>>78227379

nobody on tumblr has posted it

Azula is not revealed anyway it seems. One of the Kemurikage just shoots lightning and they deduce its Azula.
>>
>>78226850
>>78226874
>>78226893
storytime when?
>>
File: 1443673467691.jpg (357 KB, 940x402) Image search: [Google]
1443673467691.jpg
357 KB, 940x402
>>78227379
here
>>
>>78227425
>Azula is not revealed anyway it seems. One of the Kemurikage just shoots lightning and they deduce its Azula.

So it's a bait and switch?
>>
>>78227404

>Toz kidnaps children and holds them ransom to punish people for refusing to the pay bullshit taxes
>Mothers of the children die from grief
>Suddenly these spirits show up and start stealing more children left and right
>People blame Toz and see it as a sign of divine punishment for his previous crimes
>People abandon Toz cause the dudes obviously cursed and sticking around him will get your kids taken away by spirits too powerful for you to fight
>Kemurikage proceed to do this to any warlord who seems to be too much of a dick and too big for his britches, until the first Fire Lord shows up and creates an era of peace and order. After which, they bounce and never return for some yet undisclosed reason. Whether this was because they felt their job was done or because the first Fire Lord kicked their asses and sent them away we don't know (yet).
>fast forward ahead thjousands of years
>new kemurikage are kidnapping kids and leading people to believe its powerful spirits doing it
>political dissident starts demagoging it all, making it seem like it's Zuko's fault and that either it's because of his actions or because he hasn't done enough that this is happening and that he has the solution
>people start getting mad at Zuko

It's really not that complicated senpai.
>>
>>78227339
In any story with good writing her chance of redemption would be 0% currently, but something tells me I won't have the luxury of avoiding such cringeworthy development. Yang was probably told by the Tumblretards they want an Azula in leather pants, so he will thrown a Deus Ex Machine to remove her madness, make her a good person and call it a day. I suppose certain people will be satisfied, though.
>>
File: SmokeandShadow3.jpg (50 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
SmokeandShadow3.jpg
50 KB, 333x500
>>78227642

>When children are disappearing in the Fire Nation Capital, Avatar Aang and his friends do everything in their power to save them. When Azula reappears after having vanished in the Forgetful Valley, Fire Lord Zuko locks down the capital in order to apprehend her. However, this action gives rise to fear and riots in the streets, leaving Zuko to decide to which lengths he is willing to go in order to save those he holds dear
>>
>>78227807

They might be trying to cover up the plot twist of it not being Azula, while at the same time reaffirming what the characters THINK is going on.
>>
>>78227757

Bryke pander only to their inner fanboy, I'm not sure they'll buckle under fan pressure and have Azula redeemed.
>>
>>78227807
It would be great if at the end of the day it wasn't Azula. I mean, just because the kemurikage was lightning bending doesn't mean it is Azula. It could be someone who was taught how to do it, for all we know.
It reminds me of a certain trope: the protagonists start to become paranoid of the villain and see them everywhere.
>>
>>78227757

I want Yang to pull a fast one on tumblr and make the Kemurikage her "redemption" as in she starts talking about how the they saved her and showed her her "destiny" and all that.

>>78227894

It's possible, the fact that they didn't just reveal it was Azula even after we know these Kemurikage are human women seems like a good set up for a red herring.

Maybe Azula shows up and is blamed for it when she's actually innocent and her being in town is just a coincidence
>>
>>78227920
They allready did that once to appeal to fans, i don't see any reason why it wouldn't be an option again.
>>
>>78227679
so basically: they are fucking retarded and made some stupid connection between a spirit kidnapping random children and being a good leader, something that did not happen at all with Ozai, the guy who is an evil cunt. Blaming the leader, and not the spirit, is just ridiculous, and relying on a spirit's political views is even more. The way i see it: there is no spirit involved, and i mean since Toz. Someone started to kidnapping children counting that people would be stupid enough to impeach leaders based on that instead of trying to fight back like they should.
>>
>>78227920
If they don't then I'll have a new found respect for them, but in my heart I know they will do just that.

>>78227944
>I want Yang to pull a fast one on tumblr and make the Kemurikage her "redemption" as in she starts talking about how the they saved her and showed her her "destiny" and all that.

Brilliant. It would be glorious. The only way to make it right, by being self aware of how dumb it truly is.

>Hi, Zuzu, I'm still bad.
>Oh no, Azula. Pls stop...
>Just kidding, I'm good now.
>Ok.

All in one panel.

>>78228041
>there is no spirit involved

Nope. Aang met a real Kemurikage spirit in Part 2 who told him the current ones are fake.
>>
>>78228041
>Someone started to kidnapping children counting that people would be stupid enough to impeach leaders based on that instead of trying to fight back like they should.

You are treating spirits like if they are humans, but the Avatar world don't see spirits that way. They are a force of nature. They simply cannot fight back against spirits. If something bad is done by spirits it means it must be human fault causing it.
>>
>>78228092
>Aang met a real Kemurikage spirit in Part 2 who told him the current ones are fake
it just looks.. weird for spirits to even care. It looks right, however, for spirits to fuck it up by kidnapping random children.
>>
>>78228136
>it just looks.. weird for spirits to even care.

I think it is implied the Kemurikage are just the spirits of the mothers who died due to sadness over the loss of their sons because of Warlord Toz's actions. They care because they were humans once.
>>
>>78228166
that change (human to spirit) was never really explained in Avatar. Anyway, it's kind of stupid to steal someone else's child because you don't have yours.
>>
File: kemurikage.png (781 KB, 846x579) Image search: [Google]
kemurikage.png
781 KB, 846x579
>>78228135

In this case Ukano has renamed the New Ozai Society into the "Safe Nation Society" and is "preventing" kidnappings better than Zuko is, which is leading people who are afraid of these spirits kidnapping their children. he and the Neo-Kemurikage are arranging the kidnappings themselves and also arrange ways for Ukano's Society to present itself as a better protector of the people than Zuko.

But the Kemurikage seem to have their own agenda and see themselves not as villains even if they allow Ukano to use them as "intruders" to undermine Zuko. So we can at least say they don't care if anyone thinks of them as good or bad as long as the job gets done.

>>78228427

I don't think we're supposed to think of the Kemurikage were wholly justified in stealing people's childre, brosephn. We only need to understand the logic of their behavior and determine the likelihood someone or something would behave that way. The idea of ghost ladies stealing children is almost as old as time.

The Old Kemurikage seem like they may have just been really depressed spirits in a sadder time fucking people's day up and so happened to lead to a tyrant's fall. But these Neo-Kemurikage seem like they may have worked these legends into some kind of religious/political ideology. The original idea they're based on was a scrapped idea of Bryke's for "Fire Nation!!Kyoshi Warriors" that Yang and Gurihiru got permission to re-work. So far, they seem like dark Kyoshi Warriors; concerned with the safety of their country, emulating a past spirit or saint as far as they understand them, cosplay. They're just not afraid of questionable methods
>>
File: 083.jpg (19 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
083.jpg
19 KB, 413x395
>>78227471

She thinks that Ozai would let anyone out of prison.
>>
>>78229077

Ozai would let Azula out of prison and use her as a bloodhound, yes
>>
>>78229134
I doubt he would put her in prison in the first place.
>>
>>78227894
>>78227925
It's not Azula. It's going to be someone else to show that other people can learn lightning bending to explain why everyone can by the time of Legend of Korra.
>>
>>78229248
Iroh can lightning bend
>>
>>78229276

Yeah, but Aang would convert to Christianity, before Iroh teaches that to anyone.
>>
>>78229364
Iroh teaches that to Zuko..

and Zuko teaches Aang.
>>
>>78224069
Alternatively a Kemurikage or another spirit is pretending to be her for some reason.

That would make more sense than the spirits finding and trying to recruit Azula. Especially since they didn't tell Mai father about her.
>>
>>78229468

Aang teaches it to Korra.

Always two, there are.
>>
>>78229468
>Iroh teaches that to Zuko..

Hahahahahahahahhahahahaha...
>>
>>78229876
>I trained him wrong. As a joke.
>>
File: 20151216_153717.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20151216_153717.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Azula reveal

Its nothing really, and until March we can guess anything. Azula is undercover might be fun though most likely its either not her, she's being controlled or she has a reason.
>>
>>78230664
Whelp, that's going to be a fun three months of speculation.
>>
>>78231046

Yup, but I have to admit - it's the best plot hook they've had for a Part 2 yet.
>>
>>78230664
Can't be her, really. Given that the last time we saw her she was a raving lunatic while in this scene that person seems rather good at keeping it together.
>>
>>78231648

Not to mention that the Smoke Demons have been operating since before her release. The pieces just don't fit for this to be Azula.
>>
>>78231648
Honestly anything is possible for all we know it might be still be spirits possessing or controlling people.

The only thing we do know is that the KK are not the originals they are women and one can shoot lightning.
>>
>>78231713
>The only thing we do know is that the KK are not the originals they are women and one can shoot lightning.
It's Iroh's wife!
>>
>>78225661
Jesus I know that feel
>>
>>78232412
I feel bad for the guy. Let's see how Mai will feel when in a few years she'll have married him while Suki will pop out Izumi.
Hey if we go into cuck territory here let's make it SERIOUS cucking
>>
File: 1338947275118.png (67 KB, 554x439) Image search: [Google]
1338947275118.png
67 KB, 554x439
>>78225661
so what you're saying is that Mai and Zuko will get together eventually but they're dragging it out for drama.

lovely.
>>
>>78232507
I have been the zuko mai and kei lo in relationships.

Jesus relationship s suck
>>
>>78232577
Wait, does that mean some girl left you and you banged a way hotter one while she got together with a new guy but still craved your cock all day?
>>
>>78232731
Close enough.
>>
I'm genuinely annoyed that they're doing the break up then 'will they/won't they' get back together shit.

I hate it in everything it appears in. It's false tension, it's contrivance for the sake of drama.
>>
>>78233310
>it's contrivance for the sake of drama

That in itself is not a bad thing, but the method is just lazy, boring and degrades everyone involved.
>>
>>78233310
It's fucking Avatar, the fuck did you think they would do? You think this was going to be 'quality'?

Don't worry, Aang and Zuko will walk off for a vacation at the end of this.
>>
>>78232507

The main problem is Kei Lo's kind of a bro. If Mai dumped him for Zuko, it'd be the girl leaving the nicer guy who treats her better for her ex-boyfriend who treats her like another piece of furniture in his palace for that momentary thrill she gets when she's with him.

The only way it could work out for everybody is if Kei Lo breaks up with Mai, but then that just makes Kei Lo look even nicer and more deserving of the prize.

>>78233386

But if Yang wraps this up with at least some finesse, he'll have basically outdone Bryke in the love triangle department too. Whether or not the conclusion was foreseen or not, at least it isn't Bolin/Korra/Mako levels of teenage stupidity.
>>
>>78230664
gonna be a random person revealing lightning isn't just a secret art of the royal family, and then they open a lightning bending school explaining why so many people know it during Korra
>>
>>78233310
>>78233384
Can we all agree romance is nothing but a bad plot mechanic and should be abolished from every plot or put in the background forever? My god, it has the potential to drag even the best stories to the mud. Romance is the cancer of storytelling.
>>
>>78233713

I wouldn't say it's romance, it's just this huge obsession kids stories and cartoons have now with fucking cuckold shit.

It's almost like comic publishers and networks put it in the contracts now that a certain amount of characters have to get fucking cucked to hell and back.
>>
I guess I am the only one who finds the love triangle actually pretty entertaining.
>>
>>78233775
The filter is gone huh?

>>78233783
I'd enjoy it more if it wasn't so blatantly a filler plot line breaking up the inevitable reunion.

Zuko/Mai is becoming the Avatar Ross and Rachel from Friends. I hate that shit.
>>
>>78233775
Oh my god, this.
I'm so done with Love Triangles.
Who likes this shit? They aren't entertaining, they aren't interesting, and they've been done ad nauseam by shitty writers who can't into drama.
Someone make it stop. Make it stop. I'm tired of having to skip pages of forced love dramas.

>>78233783
Tell me how your mind works. In what way this shit you've seen playing countless times in fiction enjoyable to you?
>>
File: koh.jpg (10 KB, 315x315) Image search: [Google]
koh.jpg
10 KB, 315x315
>>78230664
>yfw that Kemurikage with lightningbending is unmasked and it is indeed Azula...without her face
>>
>>78233875
Its funny watching Zuko and Kei Lo play one upmanship. I also like how no one is the bad guy.
>>
>>78233645
>makes Kei Lo look even nicer and more deserving of the prize

So Kai Lo x Azula confirmed?
>>
>>78233783

I find it entertaining if only because it develops Mai a bit more. Yang is doing a good job with it. It's just if the end result is Kei Lo and Mai breaking up and Mai going back with Zuko because now she's more honest about her feelings, that feels a little formulaic and it doesn't make Mai or Zuko look like too much better people as much as it makes Kei Lo, a character who may not play any significant role after this, look like the most honorable and noble member of a trio which includes his own king.

The only to make Kei Lo feel like less of a self-aware cuck is to just fucking mercy kill him for God's sake. At least then you don't risk making Mai look cruel.
>>
>>78234033
Sokka x Azula better get going, i'm sick of waiting.

That faggot Kai Lo can go get fucked.
>>
>>78233713

Nope, a good romance can enhance both the characters and the plot. Problem is most writers seem to just want to push the romantic and pretty stupid version of love onto people.

>>78233875
>I'm so done with Love Triangles.

Seriously, it always ends up making all three parties involved looking worse.
>>
>>78234051
>Sokka x Azula better get going, i'm sick of waiting.
Only if Zuko decides that Mai is happier with Kei Lo and decides to bang Suki.
>>
>>78234077
If it happens (it won't) it'll be that Mai realizes she does have deeper feelings for Kei Lo and he isn't just the rebound guy she's been pretending he is.
>>
http://firelordizumi.tumblr.com/

enjoy niggers, at least until the digital version comes out
>>
File: fucking wrekt.jpg (727 KB, 1280x1707) Image search: [Google]
fucking wrekt.jpg
727 KB, 1280x1707
If Ursa's hands are so cold, she should hurry and place them right where based Kiyi just roasted her bitch ass
>>
>>78234067
>Nope, a good romance can enhance both the characters and the plot. Problem is most writers seem to just want to push the romantic and pretty stupid version of love onto people.

Agreed. Nothing wrong with a good character driven romance, but so many series feel the need to prolong just the awkward aspects of it ad infinitum.
>>
anyone else annoyed by the use of the expression "dark spirits" unironically?
>>
>>78234067
>good romance
>romance
>good

HHAHAHAHHA
Nice joke.
Romance is nothing but character assassination. There is a reason intelligent people don't fall in love like the plebs do.
>>
>>78234368
Truly the best sister for zuko.
>>
>>78234619

I am, but only because I feel the dialogue would flow just a little better if it was just "spirits" in most places
>>
>>78234388
>a good character driven romance

Such as? Find me one example.
Pro-tip: you can't.
>>
There is no solid evidence that Azula has anything to do with this. My guess is there is someone who mastered lightening bending and is using it to imitate Azula. The next issue will clear this up.
>>
>>78234676

They just fired lightning, Zuko assumed it's Azula. For all we know that person may be annoyed for not being given proper credit.

>>78234653

At least we know that Kiyi and Azula have something to bond over. Also, seeing Kiyi roast Azula's pompous ass is going to be pure comedy gold.
>>
>>78234733

Exactly. Just because we see lightening doesn't mean it's Azula. For all we know it could be a random schmuck being a red herring.
>>
>>78234659
Far From the Madding Crowd.
>>
File: top bants.jpg (596 KB, 1280x1707) Image search: [Google]
top bants.jpg
596 KB, 1280x1707
the snark is strong in this woman
>>
>>78234784
even if it is, it just means Azula is trying to save Kiyi from Ursa.
>>
>>78234815

I would welcome that. Maybe Azula will find redemption in her sister.
>>
Mai is cute

CUTE!
>>
>>78234827
Ursa would probably throw Kiyi away like trash as soon as she had her second son. It's a much better plot if Azula takes care of her sister and giver her the love her mother would deny to her.
>>
>>78234883

That is so fucking true it's disgusting. Ursa is a horrible person it would make sense that Azula would be that child's only hope.
>>
File: tumblr_nzh6v9OSdX1rfuw7ao6_1280.jpg (654 KB, 1280x1707) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzh6v9OSdX1rfuw7ao6_1280.jpg
654 KB, 1280x1707
the salt is real
>>
File: tumblr_nzh6v9OSdX1rfuw7ao7_1280.jpg (592 KB, 1280x1707) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzh6v9OSdX1rfuw7ao7_1280.jpg
592 KB, 1280x1707
>>78234913

Kei Lo: 1

Zucuck: 0
>>
>>78234676
Your screwed Scap all your dreams are turning to dust and issue 3 will just end with Azula either back in the asylum under even more security or with her execution.
>>
Anyone else think those masked chicks look straight out of Naruto?
>>
>>78234986
kei lol ship is at the bottom of the sea already. Mai already told ty lee she is just using him as her passive beta orbiter.
>>
>>78234907
Ursa is a great person and you should rot in hell for besmirching her great name. Plus she is like the only person in the series that actually wants Azula around
>>
>>78235075

I would fucking lose it if it happens. So what, if you are a little different from other people you are destined to be locked in the nuthouse for the rest of your life? Azula doesn't deserve that kind of life.

>>78235118

That's a bunch of crap. She purposely forgot her children.
>>
>>78234368
That's what you get
>>
>>78235118
Not in Smoke & Shadows part 1 where she avoided the topic of her like a plague.
>>
>>78230664
Did you get the Chicago dog?
>>
>>78230664
She wants to train Kiyi in the Dark Side of the Fire
>>
>>78235138
It was either forget them or go crazy and eventually get herself and her kids killed

>>78235157
Did you even read the book, she has a whole scene where she is crying wondering where Azula is and if she was safe.
>>
>>78235172
Yeah its from this place called Dew Chili, they have awesome chili dogs, as long as your willing to spend 10$ for a hot dog.
>>
>>78235244
>It was either forget them or go crazy and eventually get herself and her kids killed

Or the third option which is wait for the them. That is loyalty.
>>
>>78235118
>Ursa is a great person
>betrays her husband
>literally helps murder someone
>thinks her daughter is a monster
>neglects and then abandon her daughter
>decides to live a good life, without even think about her kids.
>>
>>78235293
Impossible, that's the whole go crazy thing, she wouldn't be able to live with the knowledge that her kids were with a monster...so....she uh...chose to forget. well nobodies perfect.
>>
Not enough Suki.
>>
>>78235441

See mate, Ursa is just bad.
>>
>>78234368
Ursa is a shit mother, and this page is immensely satisfying.
>>
File: 1340255955515.png (666 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1340255955515.png
666 KB, 720x540
>>78234986
>calling Zuko a cuck
>Kei Lo is literally being used by Mai because she doesn't give a shit about him and is afraid of how bad she still wants Zuko
Meanwhile Katara gets to be pounded out by a man that loves her unconditionally and that she loves unconditionally.

Fireshits blown the fuck out.
>>
>>78235601
>Fireshits blown the fuck out.
Always, just look at Mako.
>>
>>78235639
>fucks two of the most beautiful women in the Avatar world
>Asami still wants on
I don't know if 'blown the fuck out' is what I would use to describe Mako. I know you faggots love to hate him, but his game is on point.
>>
>>78235677
>fucks two of the most beautiful women in the Avatar world
>they turn lesbian as a result
>>
>>78235677
And then his two ex-girlfriends go on to fuck each other.
The only thing he managed was fuck the straight out of them.
>>
>>78235756
Well once you've had the best, what's the point of going for the rest?

He ruined sex with other men for them, so they were stuck being lesbian or forever unsatisfied.
>>
>>78235756
>>78235770
I don't see how that affects him, he got to smash and now he's about that career.

bitches can do whatever they want to do now, who the fuck cares?
>>
>>78235526
At least she feels bad about it
>>
File: Mable's smile is gone forever.gif (343 KB, 540x399) Image search: [Google]
Mable's smile is gone forever.gif
343 KB, 540x399
>mfw this is another ark that goes nowhere

And aren't we so glad LoK did nothing to expand on the original series' unanswered questions.
Fuck off.
>>
>>78235756
>>78235770
>Asami wanted Mako so bad she was literally jumping on him as soon as she saw an opportunity
>Korra was so broken by Mako breaking it off with her crazy ass that she flees and gets amnesia
tumblr and /co/ hate Mako for the same reason, he's a fucking player.
>>
>>78235847

Not enough.
>>
>>78234733
>At least we know that Kiyi and Azula have something to bond over.

I never knew it before now, but Azula and Kiyi having awesome kung-fu adventures together is something I desperately need in my life.
>>
Zuko is being a bit of a cunt in this, but to me its further solidifying why I think he and Mai are bad for each other. They never seem to leave each other with anything like peace of mind and just seem to tear each other up when the slightest thing gets less than perfect or uncomfortable.

It's a very adolescent definition of love, an unhealthy one.

Of course this is fiction, so that kind of angst is a sign of 'true love' and means they'll be knocking boots soon enough.
>>
>>78235809
This is what Makofags actually believe when the only truth is that anything related to fire in Avatar has become cucks because of Fire Guilt. Izumi is literally Fire Merkel. She was probably wetting herself at the prospect of RC refugees.

>>78235883
>And aren't we so glad LoK did nothing to expand on the original series' unanswered questions.
That's actually one thing i was glad about. I wanted to watch a show about a different Avatar after all.
Everytime they fell back to characters of the original series felt weird as fuck (Iroh being the worst offender with his fortune cookie tier advice)
>>
>>78236051
the only time I honestly really enjoyed LoK was during the first season, and that hype died with the last episode.
>>
>>78235526
>what is plausible deniability
>implying it's not apart of ursa's keikaku
Scrapper once again unable to see things that contradict his headcanon
>>
>>78235138
>So what, if you are a little different from other people you are destined to be locked in the nuthouse for the rest of your life?

>a little different
>Azula's literally a murderer
>a little different
>>
>>78235601
>Fireshits blown the fuck out.
is fire nation the cuck race? Zuko, kei lo, ozai, ikem, mako...
>>
>>78236230
>>Azula's literally a murderer
we had this discussion before.. Azula never killed anyone.
>>
>>78236253
>cuckposting
do you faggots not know what a cuck is anymore?
>>
File: dAZ2h9k.png (72 KB, 1264x946) Image search: [Google]
dAZ2h9k.png
72 KB, 1264x946
>>78236282
Scrapper, her most ardent supporter, has admitted that Azula's killed people.
>>
Ukano is a smooth operator.
>>
>>78236096
I liked Book 3 well enough. Great action, pretty good and scary villain.
>>
>>78236253
Like modern Germany, really.

>>78236324
Big whoop. Aang killed some in the Book 1 finale.
>>
>>78236425
Rollins' voice didn't fit Zaheer, while I liked the Red Lotus' dynamic, that really took me out of it.
>>
>>78236346
I honestly don't know what is Ukano's deal.
His son is under threat of the fake Kemurikage, but he appears to be working together with them willing too. Is he just insane?
>>
>>78236455
Watched it in a different dub over here. Scary voice, man.
>>
>>78235601
Yeah but on the downside, it's Katara.
>>
>>78236475

He and the Kemurikage are organizing the kidnappings together to undermine Zuko. He knows where Tom-Tom is.
>>
>>78236454
>omg Azula didn't murder anyone! she a gud grl, dindu nuffin
>proved wrong
>s-so what, lots of people killed before
>>
File: mai is shit.jpg (580 KB, 1280x1833) Image search: [Google]
mai is shit.jpg
580 KB, 1280x1833
This is why Mai sucks as a wife to a king/lord. Doesn't understand what being in charge is all about.
>>
>>78236324

can you fuck off with that? We were talking in a hypothetical scenario.
>>
File: tumblr_nzh65k8b001rfuw7ao4_1280.jpg (699 KB, 1280x1707) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzh65k8b001rfuw7ao4_1280.jpg
699 KB, 1280x1707
>>78236544

I have a feeling this part is going to come back to bite Mai in the ass.
>>
File: suki the best.jpg (579 KB, 1280x1833) Image search: [Google]
suki the best.jpg
579 KB, 1280x1833
Suki is the best bro in the Avatar cast.
>>
>>78234913
>>78234986
Okay, isn't it kinda suspicious Kei Lo knows how to open it?
What if HE is the true mastermind behind the Kemurikage?
>>
File: 1405910078316.png (205 KB, 440x565) Image search: [Google]
1405910078316.png
205 KB, 440x565
>>78236503
Watertribe man, bet money Katara is stacked like Korra under that robe. But unlike Korra, she is not a useless bag, and therefore doesn't need to show it off to everyone.

Only to Aang.
>>
>>78236666
Couldn't get that out without a shot at Korra, huh? Really just couldn't resist?
>>
File: 1340350743397.gif (493 KB, 275x376) Image search: [Google]
1340350743397.gif
493 KB, 275x376
>>78236657
>ZukoxSuki
>SokkaxAzula
COME ON, DO IT
>>
>>78236537
I didn't disagree. Just said it's not a big deal. And I never claimed she was a good girl. That's Crapper's schtick.
>>
File: 1340842860687.png (78 KB, 277x277) Image search: [Google]
1340842860687.png
78 KB, 277x277
>>78236690
Korra is shit, she deserves every shot to the gut she gets.
>>
>>78236544
>i feel so EMPTY inside
she wants the dick
>>
File: tumblr_nzhc3q2Cnw1rfuw7ao3_540.jpg (153 KB, 540x808) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzhc3q2Cnw1rfuw7ao3_540.jpg
153 KB, 540x808
>>78236657

HAPPENING STATUS: FUCKING
>>
File: tumblr_nzhdoaCwfF1rfuw7ao2_1280.jpg (592 KB, 1236x1920) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzhdoaCwfF1rfuw7ao2_1280.jpg
592 KB, 1236x1920
>>78236657
Just lets a nigga talk shit out instead of hacking on him all the time.
>>
>>78236547
That's not how hypotheticals work.
>>
>>78236666
>Katara
>Useful
Now I agree that Korra is a useless piece of shit, but you are lying so far out of your ass man.
>>
>>78236324
>using scrapper as a way of proving it
>>
>>78236713
Fuck you too Anon
>>
>>78236657
It's kinda weird to see Zuko and Suki have more heartfelt moments in this than, you know, both of them with their respective love interests.
>>
The only time Zuko ever seems relaxed in these books is the few moments he's hanging out or talking stuff over with Suki.

Even if they never go romantic, it's cool to see a healthy friendship in there.
>>
>>78236816
That's what's bothering me. She hangs out more with him than her own boyfriend. No wonder Sokka and her aren't an item anymore by the time of Korra.
>>
>>78236816
You know, it would be great if it went the same way as LoK did.
It is clear enough Zuko and Mai's relationship is similar to Korra and Mako's, and this kind of relationship doesn't work out at the end of the day.
>>
>>78236864
>She hangs out more with him than her own boyfriend
Well she is his bodyguard and Sokka is constantly globe trotting.
>>
>>78236902
Not a healthy set up for a relationship. I wonder how long until she grows tired of him?
>>
so, resuming Smoke and shadows part. 2:

- spirits are being assholes: check
- Zuko does something dumb: double check
- Zuki moment: check
- Zucuck moment: check
- Kiyi obviously get kidnapped: check
- Azula: checkmate
>>
>>78236995
>- spirits are being assholes
It's not spirits. It's people pretending to be spirits to freak everyone out.
>>
>>78237025
i know, but it is still revealed that spirits used to kidnap children, so they are revealed to be assholes.
>>
File: tumblr_nzhd2dGKBD1rfuw7ao2_1280.jpg (695 KB, 1253x1920) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzhd2dGKBD1rfuw7ao2_1280.jpg
695 KB, 1253x1920
first fire lord
>>
>>78236995
>Zuki moment: check
Those are really getting out of hand. Where's the fucking fanart?!
>>
File: 1446901997121.gif (295 KB, 700x704) Image search: [Google]
1446901997121.gif
295 KB, 700x704
>the story of the Fire Nation's unification doesn't match up with what we know of Wan's world before the time of the Avatar

Based Yang. Weeding out Korra's lore one page at a time.
>>
>>78237059
They kidnapped children from an evil warlord and his followers to punish him and his followers for KILLING children in the first place. If anything they were saving the children from their wicked group.
>>
>>78237107
It's a shit ship so it gets no quality fan art. Only delusional people ship it.

Make do with the autistic scribbling of man-children with diaper fetishes.
>>
File: 1449786473084.jpg (41 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1449786473084.jpg
41 KB, 480x360
>>78237147

>tfw too old for qt spirit banshee to steal you away from this shitty fucking world
>>
>>78236995
>- Azula: checkmate

It wasn't confirmed to be Azula. It could just be someone else who knows Lightning bending. Zuko just assumed it was her because of the Lightning.
And think about it this way: Do you honestly think Azula, the paranoid Azula, would work together with some bitches dressed as spirits?
>>
>>78237138
There was story of the Fire unification in Wan episodes when? I don't remember a thing about it.
>>
>>78237066

>I repeat avatar
>"bitch, didn't you hear what I just said? You deaf or somfin, nigga?"
>>
>>78237234
>Do you honestly think Azula, the paranoid Azula, would work together with some bitches dressed as spirits?
Yes, if it let her get back at Zuko and Ursa for 'ruining her life'.
>>
>>78237147
>They kidnapped children from an evil warlord and his followers
First: they kidnapped people that did nothing. They are basically punishing mothers and children for something the warlord did. And it is not said he killed children.

Second: the evil spirits stayed a long time after that warlord to kidnap more children, which means they kidnapped from random families until the firelord appears.
>>
>>78237235

It's stated that the events of the unification probably took place before the Avatar was around, which contradicts the Beginnings story that spirits dominated the world and humanity was forced to live on lion turtles and it wasn't until after the Lion Turtles left and the spirit portals closed that people starting fighting each other to carve out territory.
>>
>>78237234
>who knows Lightning bending
not many people know how to do that

> Do you honestly think Azula, the paranoid Azula, would work together with some bitches dressed as spirits?
Yes. That sounds exactly like something Azula would do, considering she did that in ATLA without spirit costume.
>>
>>78237315
No, it's theorized to take place before the first Avatar by an ignorant peasant. The origins of the Avatar are not known by anyone in this era.

The Avatar could have just been busy with more important shit some place else, like a fuck off dragon trying to destroy the world or something like that.
>>
>>78237284

According to the Kemurikage, they haunted the warlords' territories and kidnapped the children of those associated with them as punishment.

Read your Bible. God does stuff like this all the time.
>>
File: tumblr_nzhd2dGKBD1rfuw7ao5_1280.jpg (442 KB, 1280x1031) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzhd2dGKBD1rfuw7ao5_1280.jpg
442 KB, 1280x1031
>tfw Zuko abandons his people in the middle of the night without warning to go dick around with Aang and try to cuck a peasant.

This guy's the worst fucking autocrat ever
>>
>>78237315
When someone says "Maybe" it usually means they are just guessing. For all anyone knows the Avatar at the time wasn't going involve themselves in governmental problems, or they were to old then to young to do anything, or they didn't know anything. There is also the possibility that there was something else even more important going on.
>>
>>78237380
yeah and everyone agrees that gods a dick in the old testament.
>>
>>78237171
>Make do with the autistic scribbling of man-children with diaper fetishes.
So Gene Yang?
>>
>>78237467
Par the course really, at least he was trying to stop the problem and not just counting his gold or stuffing his fat face.
>>
>>78237282
Azula is hardly capable of working and being part of any scheme in her current mentally crippled state.

>>78237343
>considering she did that in ATLA without spirit costume.

But doing that with a spirit costume is the issue.
Azula isn't creative enough for that. It isn't her modus operandi.

Even if she is one of them she cannot be the leader/mastermind.
>>
>>78237380
>of those associated with them
they only said that they would take children from his encampment. Neither the child and the mother need to have something to do with the warlord or taking children away. It's kind of a "your government fucked with our country, so we're going to throw a plane in your towers to kill people that have nothing to do with this"

and again, it is stated that the spirit stayed even after that warlord to fuck with people that had nothing to do with it.
>>
>>78237581
>Even if she is one of them she cannot be the leader/mastermind.
>literally took ba sing se, the enemy capital
>>
>>78237612
Those bitches were active before she was set free by Zuko.
>>
>>78237583

As it was mentioned, all the warlords were pretty much huge dicks whose petty wars with one another and whose extorted the common people made life pretty suckish. The Kemurikage says they continued to punish the warlords for their "crimes" after Toz because even they weren't as bad as Toz, they still deserved a little divine wrath.

Again, you can disagree with their morality, but these spirits probably don't feel they are beholden necessarily to human social ethics.
>>
>>78237581
> Azula is hardly capable of working and being part of any scheme in her current mentally crippled state.
For all we know her mental state has been cured or healed to a degree that makes her functional since last we saw her, either by the Kemurikage or by her own strength of will.

>Azula isn't creative enough for that. It isn't her modus operandi.
Yes she is. Azula is all about manipulation and deception.

I don't think she's their leader, but I do think she's smart enough to put this plan together.
>>
>>78237612
You are talking about Book 2 Azula, pre-breakdown.
Current Azula can't even secure a simple fake letter scheme.
>>
>>78236741

You had to view the conversation beforehand.
>>
>>78237688
Come on, Azula isn't Katara or Zuko. Do you think she would run around pretending to be some oogaa booga spirit back from stone age to haunt other people?
I know she did disguise herself before as other people but disguising herself as a spirit is something I simply cannot see her doing, especially after meeting some real spirits during The Search.
>>
>>78237854
Meeting real spirits could have given her the idea.
>>
>>78237941
You're right. Didn't think of things this way.
I just don't want her to be the leader of the Kemurikage. That's all.
>>
>>78237677
>all the warlords were pretty much huge dicks whose petty wars with one another
they just said many innocent people ended up dying, not that the war happened for petty reasons. The spirit did generalize and simply said "all of them were bad" without explaining why, but again, this spirit was human and probably very biased. Still, the spirits would just haunt the place, not only his followers. So they take innocent children from innocent mothers because they're assholes. I'd argue this kind of tactics shouldn't work, but it did because people were stupid (as i said, it's the same as burning a hospital and expect people to like you/blame the government). In the end they just wanted to fuck with people that did nothing and that's what makes them assholes.
>>
>>78237138
The Last Airbender comics would just be rendered non-canon if they attempted to contradict Legend of Korra canon.

ESPECIALLY once the Last Airbender comics are cancelled and the Legend of Korra comics start up next year.
>>
>>78232567

storytime where?
>>
>>78238107
If you know that associating yourself with some warlord is going to get your kids taken away so you'll never see them again and the warlord seems completely unable to fight them. You're only option is to disassociate yourself from that guy in every way possible so that the angry spirits don't steal your children.

You keep trying to act like these spirits are humans and that the same principles and tactics can apply to them or that people don't look at these spirits with an extra sense of awe or dread.

Example, again, the Bible. Millions of people even today believe that all of God's actions in the Old Testament are perfectly justified. the idea that people in a primitive society like the early Fire Nation is meant to be would have sooner abandoned a dime a dozen despot than risk fighting spirits much stronger than themselves is kind of silly. And there'd certainly be many who'd think the Kemurikage's actions were just and noble under the circumstances, hence why we now have these human ladies pretending to be them
>>
>>78238382

Both the Korra comics and more ATLA comics are supposed to be coming.
>>
>>78238486

*wouldn't have sooner
>>
>>78238382
>The Last Airbender comics would just be rendered non-canon if they attempted to contradict Legend of Korra canon.

TLA's canon overwrites LoK's canon as LoK is nothing but a pathetic attempt at a sequel series who would be nothing without TLA's name and prior sucess.

>Legend of Korra comics start up next year.

You mean the Korrasami comics only the landwhales from Tumblr will be reading? I wonder if it will be moved to digital only too after the third comic.
>>
>>78238477
Just wait for the digital scans to go up in a couple days.
>>
File: suki is perfect.png (480 KB, 402x810) Image search: [Google]
suki is perfect.png
480 KB, 402x810
Why is she so great?

Is it the chill personality?

Is it the way Gurihiru drew that hip/waist ratio?

How can such a heavily armoured woman be so attractive?
>>
>>78238559
They don't come out til the 29th, only hard copies are out and even then only for comic shops, retailers like Barnes and Nobel don't get it til the 29th either
>>
>>78238548
>TLA's canon overwrites LoK's canon as LoK is nothing but a pathetic attempt at a sequel series who would be nothing without TLA's name and prior sucess.
I don't even like Korra that much, but this is stupid. In the end it's Brykes words that decide what's canon or not. Like it or not.

>You mean the Korrasami comics only the landwhales from Tumblr will be reading? I wonder if it will be moved to digital only too after the third comic.
Ah I'm sorry. Just another one of those anons that got assblasted because two girls held hands a year ago.
>>
File: 1448859381001.png (23 KB, 280x314) Image search: [Google]
1448859381001.png
23 KB, 280x314
>>78238548
So long as LoK was written by the creators of the same series, it remains canon to both.

FUN FACT: The two parter Beginnings was written BEFORE Book 3 of The Last Airbender! In fact, it was planned to be a flashback that occurred during Sozin's Comet when Aang went on his journey to meet the turtle. But they ended up cutting out the origin story for budget and pacing reasons.

The flashback in book 2 of Korra was a way to make sure the story they wanted to be told in ATLA did get told.

>You mean the Korrasami comics

Yes, the one that's going to be written by Bryan. The one that will be "G level" Avatar canon (to use the old Lucasfilms Star Wars EU categories of canonicity), instead of "C level" canon like the TLA comics where the two creators only advise Yang.
>>
>>78238653
Because her and Zuko, who the past comics have been about exclusively (with Aang being thrown in to show that it's still Avatar!), have a great chemistry where her personality actually gets to shine unlike the show or that shit free comic one-shot with her and Sokka.
>>
>>78238747
>Yes, the one that's going to be written by Bryan.
By Mike. Mike is the story writer. Bryan was always the character designer of the two.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.