[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what do you think of Scott Snyder's work in comics? Wytches
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: snyder.jpg (12 KB, 192x291) Image search: [Google]
snyder.jpg
12 KB, 192x291
what do you think of Scott Snyder's work in comics?
Wytches and American Vampire are great as is Batman Black Mirror
The Wake, Court of Owls and Zero Year are pretty good, and I like Superheavy so far.

the rest of his work I haven't liked. Unchained has way too many stories going on in it and his joker stories are just bad.
>>
>>78214961
>Superheavy

Eh?
>>
Everything that isn't batman related is good
>>
>>78214961
Only thing of his I outright disliked is Death of the Family. I don't think he's a GOAT writer, but he is a good to great one.
>>
>>78214974
the gordon-bats arc
>>
>>78215010
Oh
>>
Same issue I have with Neil Gaiman's novels: The first 2/3rds are fantastic but they don't quite stick the landing. Also I wish that he would focus on the other members of Batman's rogue gallery instead of Joker.
>>
>>78215002

This is my opinion too.

I really loved his Swamp Thing work and think he just works better on horror-related stuff.
>>
File: snyder two-face.png (108 KB, 554x562) Image search: [Google]
snyder two-face.png
108 KB, 554x562
>>78215099
it's a shame too because his riddler was nail on the head good and the court and bloom have been half-decent villains. jim jr. was pretty godly too

he has a two-face story coming up but idk if it'll be good. He wants to work on why two-face is badass
>>
>>78215151
the hell does that have to do with 2 face
>>
His batman run is the only comic I've almost religiously bought over the past 5 years. I used to love his stuff but it seems to have gotten stale. His writing on batman just feels the same. I don't know why I keep buying his work but I guess it's because I hope he'll surprise me with something great. It all just feels stale rn tbqfwyc.

His work on American vampire and the wake part 1 was pretty good. His superman unchained was pretty mediocre.
>>
>>78215217
its his take on an upcoming two-face story he's doing
>>
all heavy-handed metaphors and symbolism in a stephen king esque way. very literal characters acting as larger personifications of the dialogue they speak
>>
>>78215217
The he Snyder's talking about is Two Face.

If the coin is involved, it'll probably be two bad choices instead of a good and a bad one. and probably Harvey is evil like Two Face or we just won't see Harvey at all.
>>
>>78214961

I really enjoyed Severed, he really nailed the tone of early 20th century American horror writing on that one. I found Wytches and The Wake to be solid works as well, although they both lost quite a bit of a steam the longer they ran.

I don't have an opinion on his Batman work, though. Modern/current superhero comics aren't really my thing.
>>
>>78214961
I have Severed but haven't gotten around to reading it. I loved Zero Yero, thought the first half of Owls was pretty good but the second half was quite forgettable, I liked Death in the Family except the scene with the playing card. He seems to sometimes get the blame for the usually shitty no face Joker but I don't really think that's fair because his Joker/Red Hood arc was great and it's more of an editorial push anyways. Haven't read the stuff after Zero Year but I've heard it gets a little too samey. Capello is a great counterpart and I like his art WAY more than the writing.
>>
>>78216063
*of the Family before I get shit
>>
he doesn't seem very friendly in real life
like easy to talk to
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.