[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bendis may be shit most of the time but even he has some moments.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8
File: Sleeping with DOOM.jpg (169 KB, 1092x531) Image search: [Google]
Sleeping with DOOM.jpg
169 KB, 1092x531
Bendis may be shit most of the time but even he has some moments.
Can we have a thread of times where Bendispeak was actually funny?
>>
>>78214166
No
>>
>>78214200
No?
>>
>>78214208
... No
>>
>>78214223
No? None?
>>
>>78214291
No. No, it doesn't look like it.

Shame, too. We could have, but I guess not.
>>
>>78214313
You guess not? None?
>>
>>78214291
As in none, the quantity?
>>
This is probably the stupidest thing to come from the past century for Marvel
Okay, so now basically everyone's an Avenger right? Everyone's part of the circlejerk for this awful team that protects the Earth, right? And these schmucks, because Bendy thinks it is cool, are part of a cabal of superhero leaders who control things from the shadows. So why would Dr. Strange not know who Madam Masque is off the top of his head, by this point he is a full on team player and not some goober who lets the Hulk sleep in his mansion
>>
>>78214445
Madam Masque was pretty small-time before she started hanging out with the Hood, to be fair
>>
OP is making me wanna ship Tony and Doom. Bendis c'mon you can make it happen!
>>
>>78214429
None at all.
>>
>>78214505
>Tony...
>What?
>You're...you know
>What is this
>Tony...you're gay
>...
>Sitting?
>>
>>78214505
hahahah great post anon, put it on tumblr so I can reblog and send it to Benis
>>
>>78214480
She's been around. She should be recognized as a threat, logically. You can't be expected to know all the ayy lmaos that come and go, but if a villain is terrestrial in origin they should be on a list and known by everyone with powers, especially in this little retarded meeting
>>
>>78214445
>implying the Illuminati isn't the best team
>>
>>78214166
I'm pretty sure? Yeah pretty sure you're the only one who likes bendisspeak.
Yes, bendisspeak. Not Bendis Speak, where he makes an idiot of himself during interviews.
bendisspeak. That Bendis.
>>
>>78214597
>alright we're hear to discuss some of the biggest issues facing the superhuman community and the world at large
>Madam Masque? Who the fuck? Some two-bit part-time Iron Man villain? Why the fuck should I know who that is?
>>
>>78214166
Secretly everyone is a Bendis fan. Sure people here like to feel they have superior taste by calling him shit, hack or whatever they want. They feel better knowing their current indy darling is way better than the top dog at Marvel because it somehow validates the comics they are reading and that's fine.

And yeah the things people complain about Bendis are true as well. He likes to write for trades with slow pacing arcs and his characteristic dialogue. Not to mention putting the stories over any kind of continuity fans want to be acknowledged.

But it's also true that what he does is exactly what Marvel needs. He actually puts some effort in trying to change and advance these characters. You people always criticize his changes because you don't want your characters to advance that fast. Maybe if a change is teased and slowly build then in ten years you will accept it but Bendis doesn't have ten years. He wants to move forward himself not wait until his grandsons do the job for him. You hate him for that but it's what Marvel need. His stories also appeal to the readers. He writes what they want to read. Compare Guardians of the Galaxy against Inhumans. Both had the same number of variants but Bendis still won because he writes the team of Guardians people are interested in reading, accuse him of waifuing or whatever but people accpeted Kitty as Star-Lord because Bendis sold her to them in the first issue. He also put the Avengers on the map and some might say he did it by using gimmicks and events but he was the one who dared to pull these gimmicks and events, and they worked. People liked it. Bendis does know what people want. /co/ of course has other ideas, and most likely those ideas would send Marvel into bankruptcy again.

Bendis works, and /co/ loves him. All the hate messages are just the way they have to show their love.
>>
File: bendis for the love of god.jpg (483 KB, 1942x3056) Image search: [Google]
bendis for the love of god.jpg
483 KB, 1942x3056
>>
>>78214505
in his current ongoing Tony can't shut up about how handsome and helpful and nice Doom is.
>>
>>78214643
Why shouldn't he? She has been around more than once and fought Iron Man. If you can deal with Iron Man at any point, you should be on a list. They're all supergeniuses, so it shouldn't be that hard to remember everyone who is a step above Luke Cage villain

>>78214627
They are the embodiment of comics are serious business grrr to make all of these superhero leaders part of a morally gray council to secretly watch over everything and has been doing so since the first Secret Wars. It doesn't need to be a thing, christ they're all mostly on good terms with each other so they can just meet up as a council of geniuses publicly and not call themselves the Illuminati
>>
>>78214792
they shouldn't have to remember every two-bit villain that's taken a swing at their colleagues
>>
File: FantasticFour27-03.jpg (39 KB, 282x295) Image search: [Google]
FantasticFour27-03.jpg
39 KB, 282x295
>>78214811
They should
Namor's an idiot in a speedo so he can do whatever but the rest of them have superbrains so they should be physically able and obligated to remember every single jobber and be able to identify them if someone says their name
>>
>>78214893
>Hey Charles
>Yes, Reed?
>Remember than time I beat your archnemesis who crippled you with A WOODEN GUN
>>
>>78214652
Secretly everyone?
>>
>>78214945
That is to say, secretely everyone, yes.
>>
>>78214923
That's right. It's not out of the line to spend a day just sitting around and spouting facts about every single villain encounter they have had. Make it one of those shitty superheroes sit and talk while eating chinese food issues
>>
>>78214893
>Namor's an idiot in a speedo
Opinions fucking dropped into the trash
>>
>>78214792
What's wrong with a serious team?

>so they can just meet up as a council of geniuses publicly and not call themselves the Illuminati
That is exactly what they do now. That is why they have the red button in their palms. They only call meetings when shit goes down. There is nothing wrong with having a name.
>>
>>78214445
>>78214597
>>78214792
>>78214893
>tripfag
Jesus christ, just kill yourself already
>>
>>78214969
How much is everyone?
>>
>>78214980
I doubt they still meet up after Secret Wars
>>
>>78214998
A lot.
>>
>>78214687
>>78214687

It totally works.
>>
>>78215009

Like half of them are dead/presumed dead
>>
>>78214980
They're an event team that does morally ambiguous things when most events since they became a more common thing have been about heroes fucking up and doing shitty things, such as the Illuminati fucking up and doing shitty things in an attempt to preserve the greater good.

It doesn't really feel right for them to exist and furthermore it feels worse for them to have been sneaky sneaky at any point in time
>>
File: 1418058489242.jpg (33 KB, 368x451) Image search: [Google]
1418058489242.jpg
33 KB, 368x451
>>78214986
>>
>/co/ forgot about Ultimate Spiderman
Bendisspeak just makes me read it in Tobey McGuire's voice
>>
>>78214656

It's a sad time for the industry when I can't even tell if this is real or fake.
>>
>>78214445
This book was a series of flashbacks, this one being where everyone reminisced about women problems because Clea just left Strange to rule the Dark Dimension. That was some time in the mid-eighties. Way before Dr. Strange was hanging with Luke Cage and therefore had to know who every mook with a gun as their claim to fame was.
>>
>>78219128
Both, Bendis wrote it for a comedy story in an Oni Press color special.

They were investigating the death of Mike Allred's Madman.
>>
File: E9VSAeo[1].jpg (150 KB, 666x1018) Image search: [Google]
E9VSAeo[1].jpg
150 KB, 666x1018
>>78214166
To be fair, that issue is the only good part of this shitty series. I mean, the only other good parts where where the Beyonder showed up and Bendis actually displayed some subtlety by implying that the whole Mutant/Inhuman thing was just the Beyonder fucking with them.
But yeah, this page in particular is amazing.

>Sometimes my wife just leaves.
>And you have no idea where she goes?
>Oh, I know EXACTLY where she goes.
>Suddenly Namor
>>
>>78219572
Wait, what Mutant/Inhuman thing again?
>>
>>78219580
Basically the Illumati figured out that the reason the Beyonder was so powerful is that he's an Inhuman with an active X-Gene.
The ending implied that that whole thing was bullshit, and he was just trolling them.
>>
>>78214652
>>78214166
>I was only nine years old
>I loved Bendis so much, I owned all his comics and merchandise
>I pray to Bendis every night, thanking him for the dialogue I have been given
>"Bendis is love", I say, "Bendis is life"
>My dad hears me and calls me a faggot
>He is obviously jealous of my devotion to Bendis
>I respond "I'm a faggot?"
>He says "Yes, you're a faggot"
>I say "But I'm not gay"
>He says "I meant faggot as a generic insult, not to call you gay"
>I repond "It's still pretty homophobic"
>He punches me and sends me to my room
>I am crying now, because I wasn't finished talking
>I go into my bed and it is very cold
>I feel a warmth moving towards me
>I keep feeling a warmth moving towards me for 5 panels
>I feel something touch me
>2 page spread
>It's Bendis
>I am so happy
>He whispers into my ear, "Wanna read my latest comic?"
>"Your latest comic?"
>"Yes"
>"You came to my room to show me your latest comic?"
>"Why else would I come?"
>"I thought you were gonna have your way with me"
>"You're 9 years old, anyone who could possibly think that would be twisted freak"
>"A twisted freak?"
>"Yes"
>"Can I just read the comic?"
>"Go ahead"
>He grabs me with his chubby nerd hands and puts me on my hands and knees
>I'm ready
>I open the comic for Bendis
>He wasted several pages on characters eating and doing nothing
>It hurts so much, but I do it for Bendis
>I can feel my brain tearing as my eyes start to water
>I push against his force
>I want to please Bendis
>He laughs a mighty laugh as he ignores established continuity
>My dad walks in
>Bendis looks him deep in the eyes and says, "It's all over now"
>"Who the fuck are you? I'm calling the cops!"
>"You were suposed to say "It's over now?""
>"Fuck you, what are you doing with my son?"
>"You're no fun"
>Bendis punches the wall and leaves to write about his waifu some more
Bendis is love, Bendis is life
>>
File: M - Page 15.jpg (82 KB, 609x317) Image search: [Google]
M - Page 15.jpg
82 KB, 609x317
>>
File: 1449885389330.jpg (2 MB, 1920x2951) Image search: [Google]
1449885389330.jpg
2 MB, 1920x2951
>>78219572
marrying Richards was a mistake
>>
>>78221960
I dunno.

I think Sue/Namor would be good for Sue but bad for Namor.
>>
File: 1440342549969.jpg (44 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1440342549969.jpg
44 KB, 500x375
>>78220212
>>I keep feeling a warmth moving towards me for 5 panels
This entire post.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.