[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
thoughts on this movie /co/ ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: atlantis.jpg (20 KB, 236x348) Image search: [Google]
atlantis.jpg
20 KB, 236x348
thoughts on this movie /co/ ?
>>
Very unrealistic.
>>
File: 556_5813_ucp.jpg (45 KB, 250x363) Image search: [Google]
556_5813_ucp.jpg
45 KB, 250x363
>>78211430
Remember this?
>>
The idea that a whole group of individuals, not their descendants would be able to forget a whole language is really fucking dumb.
>>
>>78211514

>eating cereal

oatmeal master race
>>
>>78211430
>Ltllntis
>>
>>78211430
The movie has a lot of elements that are great but as a package it's kind of underwhelming. It should have stayed a 10/10 sci-fi adventure movie instead of focusing on Atlantis itself.

I have a soft spot for it but I understand why it's not fondly remembered.
>>
>>78211430

>tfw no qt 3.14 gf
>>
if it had better characters and didn't end have the characters suffer from "lol we're evil now for no reason" syndrome at one point it would be better
>>
Aesthetically it's probably my favorite Disney film.
>>
>>78211638
>eating oatmeal
cereal master race
>>
>good setup
>AMAZING 11/10 SUPPORTING CAST
>good designs
>good animation (most of the time)
>terrible story
>sequel requires chemo
I would watch a miniseries about the supporting cast doing various heists.
>>
just saw it recently but i have a few flaws

>crystal makes people immortal
>mercs decided they want to steal and sell crystal
>instead of staying and living forever

my god these villains had bad motives
>>
>>78211638
>>78212007
>eating
Skeleton master race
>>
>>78214436
does every museum have one of those, or is that photo from the Sydney Natural History Museum?
>>
>>78211430

The unused, but completed, prologue was better than the movie.
>>
>>78211430
Shitty ripoff.
>>
File: 900px-Atlantean.png (79 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
900px-Atlantean.png
79 KB, 900x900
>They made an entire conlang for this movie and it bombed
I'm mad.
>>
>>78212256
Did the mercs know they were immortal? I thought only Milo realized it until he mentioned it to sweet.
>>
The story was a good idea.
How they did it was stupid. Their were so many loopholes, things that didn't make sense, and beyond. I loved this movie while I was young. Rewatching it today I realize how nonsense it was.

The characterization, world building, and animation were perfect, beyond what I expect from Disney at that time.
>>
>>78214547
every American home has its own display of Death and his Steed.
>>
Le Hidden Gem Syndrome: When an overall well made but obviously flawed film is a critical and/or financial failure causing its devout fanbase to defensively inflate it's quality
>>
For me is a good movie with good ost
>>
>>78214782
I don't think anyone here is saying it's perfect.
>>
>>78214764
>The story was a good idea.
Yeah, it was called Stargate
>>
>>78214806
My nigga. James Newton Howard is great.
>>
>>78214806
Posting best track:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tx783Z5gso
>>
>>78214881
The best track was the one in the prologue and that wasn't included in the soundtrack.
>>
So who was your favorite character?
>>
>>78216971
Either Vinnie or Mrs Packard
Those guys were show stealers
>>
>>78212056
But isnt that what the sequel was suppost to be? A small series of adventures with the crew
>>
>>78211430
Non Aryan Atlantis

instead we got mexikek

Dropped.
>>
Treasure Planet was better. Had more depth.
>>
>>78214436

fuck that's too spooky for my tastes
>>
>>78214677

Maybe if Squenix is begged enough, Atlantis could get a world in Kingdom Hearts 3.

Aw fuck it. If there's a miracle, it'll be a half-assed DLC world that barely covers the movie.
>>
>>78211430
Best "princess" to date, wonderful animation and sound, incredibly weak plotline.
Also the sequels sucked ass and would literally give you cancer if watched for long periods.
>>
>>78211430
I lost my virginity to this movie.

No idea what its about.
>>
>>78211430
Beautiful animation, great character designs, great art direction, the characters are fun, the action is good, and the humor is subtle.

It's a very good movie, but it's missing the special spark that makes moves it from "good" to "great".

>>78217892
This is true, but only by a hair. Treasure Planet had a lot of the same issues as Atlantis. It's a beautiful movie with great designs and fun characters, but it's missing something.

It's unfortunate we won't see more sci-fi animation in the style of these two.
>>
>>78214677
>We could have had a show with Weisman aboard and a Gargoyles crossover episode
>Plans were drawn up to do an Atlantis themed version of the Subs

It stings so much. At least we got that great Subterranean Tours that was an in-universe travel guide to the city and that book on the history of Atlantis Theories "edited" by Whitmore himself that's a mix of movie lore and Whitmore making sassy comments about actual Atlantis conspiracies.
>>
>>78217781
The sequel was an ass-backwards piece of shit because rather than a decently scripted full piece they just strung together a series of pilot episodes produced for the purpose of a TV show which fell through. It disjointedly moves from one episode to another and is just overall poorer quality than the original.
>>
>>78218335
What bugs me the most about it is the obviously tacked on "This random magic staff can raise Atlantis from the depths" shit for an ending they slapped on to give the three episodes a sense of closure. I just pretend after the Norse shit, the collected artifacts just go off into some version of the warehouse from Raiders of the Lost Ark
>>
When you break it apart, so many aspects of this movie are just so rad, its almost shocking that its not fondly remembered by more people. It has great character and ship designs, a fun supporting cast, but it just doesn't quite come together because the plot kind of sucks and the dramatic script isn't nearly as good as the comedic script- the movie is much better off when its them venturing in the sea and tunneling through the Earth than it is once they've actually found Atlantis.

>>78218133
Agreed on Treasure Planet and Atlantis being in similar boats. I'd say that Atlantis edge's it out from a design standpoint, but in terms of story and pacing, Treasure Planet's highs are higher and lows are so, so, so abysmally lower.
>>
>>78216971
Vinnie 4 ever
Sweet was cool too.
>>
File: Audrey07.jpg (88 KB, 432x576) Image search: [Google]
Audrey07.jpg
88 KB, 432x576
>>78216971
Audrey was waifu tier. Also Vinnie.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.