[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
bad guys for no reason
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9
File: helga.jpg (32 KB, 461x405) Image search: [Google]
helga.jpg
32 KB, 461x405
ITT characters that turn evil at the third act for no reason
>>
>>78211232
She had a reason. It was the purest reason of all.
>>
File: Looking at the Internet.jpg (23 KB, 796x467) Image search: [Google]
Looking at the Internet.jpg
23 KB, 796x467
>>78211340
She had to fart superbad? Also, she looks a bit like Ritsuko Akagi.
>>
File: Hans_Frozen[1].png (465 KB, 775x664) Image search: [Google]
Hans_Frozen[1].png
465 KB, 775x664
>inb4 people post Hans

They're wrong, btw famm.
>>
>>78211408
You're right, he didn't do anything wrong.
>>
File: korso.jpg (34 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
korso.jpg
34 KB, 500x282
>>
>>78211408
He thought he was in GoT where that crazy politic stuff and boobs would abound. Poor bastard didn't know he was in Disney.
>>
>>78211232
No you sort of get vibes from the beginning that she's the femme fatale and sent by someone seeking to profit from the misfortune of others.
It's a cliche read, but it holds so it's intended.
>>
>>78211649
Well, you can't beat pure energy.
>>
File: latest.png (379 KB, 843x578) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
379 KB, 843x578
>>78211232

Kinda cheating, but I was really hoping for a shades of grey conflict, and we ended up getting a retarded giant robot fight.
>>
>>78212128
All of Korra villains could have been so much more, Kuvira doubly so.
>>
>>78211408
>>78211528

He was trying to push a naive young rich girl into a drive-through marriage while she still saw him through rose-tinted glasses. Throughout the whole "love is an open door" song, he's basically giving fortune-cookie responses that are so vague that Anna feels like they're on the same wavelength.

I can understand where people would see it as a romantic thing, but the entire Act 1 relationship between him and Anna was really creepy for those of us who have actually been with people like that. I'm glad they followed through on it.
>>
>>78211969
Damn
>>
I understand that Magneto going from a guy with a fascist ideology to a mass murderer out of nowhere at the climax of the story is an age old X-Men tradition but it felt really poorly done in Days of Future Past to me.
>>
>>78212128

God, they could've made her so much more interesting. I liked her design and shit but she was so fucking stale.

Actually, same goes for practically all of Korra's villains. Only the Red Lotus were fun, and that's because they felt like genuine friends and buddies fighting for something they truly believed in. A ruthless 'Gaang', you know

God I wish Korra didn't feel so rushed on account of the SURPRISE! WE GREENLIT MORE SEASONS FOR YOU GUYS nonsense.
>>
>>78211408
>FOR ATTEMPTING TO MURDER BOTH OUR QUEEN AND CROWN PRINCESS WE SENTENCE YOU TO GO BACK TO YOUR HOME WHERE YOU CAN TELL YOUR BROTHERS ANY STORY YOU CHOOSE
>>
>>78212985
I feel like DOFP was when it made sense.

he literally had confirmation from the future that "Yeah, they're going to round us in camps and kill most of us" just like he said. No questions, even Xavier couldn't debate it.
>>
>>78212128
>>78212250
They try to cut Kuvira a little slack in showing she started out with good intentions and deserved to be spared, but it's disappointing that no one calls out Suyin for the things she did wrong in the end.
>>
File: Alpha.png (55 KB, 285x281) Image search: [Google]
Alpha.png
55 KB, 285x281
it kind of bothered me that they never actually explained the origins of his vendetta against MIB
>>
>>78211232
I know they were all just in it for the money, but I thought it was stupidly dickish of Helga's boss to betray her during the middle of a combat situation.
>>
>>78213160
I remember this one. In Kay's memory we see he got his hands on something called a, "Cosmic Integrator" which he claimed "Opened his mind."

I think it was a case of he was tempted by the promise of things beyond the ken of mere men, the secrets of the cosmos and such, and since he'd built an entire organization to prevent exactly that kind of thing happening on Earth, it was natural that MiB would view him as a threat.

That and he pretty much went mad with power and started viewing anyone who opposed him as a traitor and an enemy.

Compound that over several decades and a horrific surgical addiction and the old boy pretty much turned himself into the worst possible enemy for the very organization he'd started.
>>
ITT: People who need everything spelled out for them at the beginning.
>>
>>78213277
I think the old line is "The problem with mercenaries is there's always the chance they'll go mercenary on you."
>>
>>78213016
It's super uncommon for royalty to execute royalty without some glaring evidence to substantiate it.
As you yourself said he could go back home with any story he likes, so going to his family with their version and demanding his head is not going to go well. It's easier to demand punishment which royalty were subject to if they were unimportant enough for an apology that retains relations.

Before you question all this remember the plot of the movie, at every instance Hans has plausible deniability on his side short of what he tells someone of his schemes. You can't really prove for certain anything that happened was his fault or intention. He was an opportunist at best. Even locking someone up to die from a curse already guaranteeing their death isn't actual murder. Attempted sure, but it's not like he's responsible nor is there any proof he could prevent it or his actions were necessarily guaranteeing it. Again realistically the most you can pin Hans with is being a sociopath in dire situations. Which is not really a crime in of itself.
>>
>>78211232
I don't get what you're saying. The ENTIRE expedition was out to plunder Atlantis from the start. She expressed concerns about the fact that people were still around but at no point did she express any sign of being against Rourke's plans.
>>
>>78213016
If they execute him, there's excuse for a war.

Didn't he say he had several brothers? All would need to improve their position politically, you BET there's a war.
>>
>>78211232
>le evil Hunter Amirite?
>>
File: image.jpg (172 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
172 KB, 1280x720
>>78214713
Forgot picture.
>>
>>78214713
It was hardly unexpected. The guy was butting heads and acting like a triggerhappy dickweed from his first five seconds onscreen.
>>
>>78211232

she's hot
>>
>>78211232
Jerked off to her as a kid
>>
>>78212895
Nah he was a cunt but there was nothing suggesting he was bloodthirsty or an actual villain beyond being a bad romantic choice. I looked for it even like when they were talking about giving blankets or something and there was nothing there even though it was the perfect occasion to drop a hint since the scene was otherwise pointless.
>>
Everyone on the pro-reg side in Civil War
>>
>>78214735
He was a hostile cunt from the get-go.
>>
>>78218375
>Pro-reg
>Evil
>>
>>78218397
They were painted as evil and doing a bunch of immoral shit just so the status quo wouldn't have to change. It was bullshit.
>>
>>78218375
>implying registration isn't the good guys
>>
File: Zaheer.jpg (39 KB, 750x422) Image search: [Google]
Zaheer.jpg
39 KB, 750x422
>>78212250
>all
>>
>>78214689
His family doesn't give two shits about him except for like one brother that put the "Ayy bro, you should go fuck one of those Nordic broads across the way and make something of yourself seeing as being thirteenth in line means you won't get shit here" idea in his head.
>>
>>78211649
>>78211969
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijAYN9zVnwg
>>
>>78218397
>super powered gestapo abducting people in the night and sending them to indefinite incarceration in the negative zone without trial or communication
>>
>>78211232
Dude, they were mercenaries, for definition they are true neutrals, not really evil.
The real question is why the others decide to fight for atlantis.
>>
>>78218482
>Making a convoluted plan to fug some random ice queen
>Not just killing all your brothers in a tragic misguided poison drinking contest
Does he even medieval intrigue?
>>
>>78218520
It was killing 1 person vs. killing a dozen.
>>
>>78218448
He's talking about shit like Iron Man throwing people into the negative zone. They made the pro-reg side evil to remove any moral ambiguity
>>
>>78218500
kek, I forgot about that song
>>
>>78218397

They were on the right side politically speaking, but they were super evil.
>>
>>78211408

The love-sick smile he gave after he fell off the boat annoyed the fuck out of me. The writers broke his character in that scene solely so the audience would be less suspicious.
>>
>>78218353
It wasn't just a bad romantic choice, it was that he was playing off her cluelessness and rushing her into the marriage. He didn't need to kick a puppy or something for it to be uncomfortable and manipulative feeling. He was a late-20s-looking dude perfectly mirroring and reciprocating all the romantic feelings of a teenager who had been locked away from people for most her adult life.
>>
>>78211649
If you can't beat them, join them
>>
File: hansheilhydra.jpg (33 KB, 662x376) Image search: [Google]
hansheilhydra.jpg
33 KB, 662x376
>>78211232
>>78211408

I can agree with you completely.
>>
>>78218482
They'd still care if their kin was executed. Then there'd be war... and they'd lose because Arendale has a queen who can conjure an army of indestructible ice golems (who don't melt because of their personal mini-hailstorms) or she could just plunge your kingdom into eternal winter.
>>
>>78212895

>implying the entire movie didn't turn on its head and go full blown progressive women empowerment in the third act and her ties to this character were the only loose ends they needed to aggressively cut before the end of the movie which is why that one scene was so awkward and unexpected

Cum on fagmilia
>>
>>78212895

My first guess was actually that they would kiss... and notihing would happen. Because random infatuation out of desperation is not love.
>>
>>78212250
>All of Korra could have been so much more
ftfy, literally Wasted Potential: the Show
>>
>>78221466

Elsa strikes me as a type of person that couldn't actually sentence a country to death on purpose, though.
>>
>>78221608

I'm still butthurt about the Amon reveal.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.