[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fighting the Frizzies at 11
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Frizzies.png (168 KB, 633x427) Image search: [Google]
Frizzies.png
168 KB, 633x427
Fighting the Frizzies at 11
>>
>>78209548
>Millenials wont get that pop culture reference
>Millenials will think this is an original joke
>Millenials will say this is why the first seasons of SP were great.
>>
>>78210899
Isn't it just a joke about how news reports keep you waiting until 11? And a pun.
>>
>>78210962
It's a reference to an obscure news reporter from a tape recording of Chewbacca's Christmas.
>>
>>78211176
oh, that would explain why it was in a christmas episode. I thought it was funny even without knowing that obscure reference.
>>
>>78211176
The tape was also from the '70s and virtually impossible to find. Kind of an amazing reference.
>>
>>78213066
really?

Which broadcast of the Holiday Special was it from?
>>
>>78215600

WCBS-TV in New York City.
>>
Is the episode on?
>>
>>78215641
oh my god are you serious
i fucking love that. that's 'peperony and chease' tier
>>
>>78215657
No but it's Christmas time
>>
>>78215766
There was also a International Ladies' Garment Workers Union commercial on the same Holiday Special tape that was parodied in Freak Strike.
>>
>>78216124
Here's one of my favorite obscure jokes: the egg council guy in the simpsons was based on a real life California Egg Commission commercial that showed ambulatory eggs getting out of prison. Another episode where Mr. Burns says "eggs have gotten a bad rap" was another reference to the same commericial.

http://www.adforum.com/creative-work/ad/player/34447709
>>
>>78216169
I know that MST3K kept making some hands-related joke in every episode that nobody understood, and it eventually turned out that the writers misremembered two different soap commercial or something
>>
>>78211176
I wouldn't call Rolland Smith obscure, not in New York at least
>>
>>78217580
He's definitely obscure if you're not an Amerifat.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.