[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: characters who did literally nothing wrong
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 12
File: Bartemius Crouch.png (2 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Bartemius Crouch.png
2 MB, 1600x1200
ITT: characters who did literally nothing wrong
>>
I loved how human they actually made him in a twisted way. How good would anyone turn out when starting from when you where a pre-teen everyone fallowed your every word in the most literal of ways even when you didn't mean for them to.
>>
Does /co/ use the word 'literally' or 'meme' more often and more incorrectly?
>>
>>78207878
That you remember.
>>
He was honestly too hot for me to hate him. I have a problem.
>>
>>78208520
Are you a girl?
>>
>>78207878
He changed history to save someone he deemed 'worthy' and almost killed the universe as a result of it.
>>
>>78208439
I felt on the contrary that, this fleeting concession aside, the writers went out of their way to prevent him from ever seeming sympathetic.
>>
>>78208501
Literally literally meme: the post
>>
>not making him purple skinned after he injects the fetus goo

Why did they not do it? They set it up so well and the long cutaway afterwards like it was teasing some transformation

what the heck
>>
File: 1444576014640.jpg (124 KB, 600x801) Image search: [Google]
1444576014640.jpg
124 KB, 600x801
>>78207878
I did not watch this show, but I did read the comic.

I think you could actually make a case for saying that the Purple Man doesn't do anything wrong, and that all the rape he does is actually consensual sex.
He just happens to be able to influence people to feel a certain way. It's true that he is externally forcing that internal change in desire, but that's how it works all the time. Desires are never not the result of external influence or else they would have to be creating themselves which is physically impossible.
The Purple Man using his words to make someone feel that they want to have sex with him is not philosophically different from a normal person using his words to make someone feel that they want to have sex with him.
The only difference is the success rate.
>>
>>78209725
Except he's biologically making them incapable of refusing. If you don't see how that's different you're retarded.
>>
File: 1442828660155.jpg (41 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1442828660155.jpg
41 KB, 400x300
>>78209756
You can't refuse your desires.
If you wanted to refuse your desires, that would be a desire.
>>
>>78209725
The book version is different from the show version. In the book, he got his powers later in life, well into adulthood, and has perfect control over them. He COULD have a relatively normal life if he wanted, but he doesn't. All he seems to want to do is be a rape-obsessed criminal that makes post-Identity Crisis Dr. Light seem subdued.

In the show, he got his powers as a kid, not even in his teens. His powers are always active, and work against him if he isn't careful. I vaguely remember him giving the example of telling somebody to "Go fuck themselves".
>>
>>78208613
why do you care, you fucking faggot internet loser
>>
>>78209821
Yes you can. That's literally what the Super-Ego does.
>>
>>78209025
He was written as despicable, but in a very believable way, and you could understand how anyone in his position would end up like that.
>>
>>78209821
if you can't refuse your desires you're lower than a dog
>>
File: no.jpg (142 KB, 1249x684) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
142 KB, 1249x684
>>78209950
Are you citing Freud and calling me a retard?
In this situation there isn't any point in separating subconscious and conscious desires.
>>78210006
Okay, prove to me that you can refuse your own desires. You logically cannot. I don't even have anything else to say because I already said it: if you refuse your desires, then you desired to refuse your desires. You cannot voluntarily do something without desiring to do it by definition.

Actually, prove to me that you have more free will than a dog.
>>
>>78210006
>>78209950
If you refuse a desire, that means you had some other desire that was stronger.

Like refusing your desire to eat a cake because you have a stronger desire to be thin.
>>
>>78210006
>>78209950

If you're refusing a desire, then that is a desire to refuse your desire.

The current acting desire in that moment is refusal.

You can't act against it because you perceive it as your own conscious decision in that moment. Kilgrave's ability is to subvert your own conscious decision with whatever he commands.

So your desire to refuse your desire will simply turn into whatever Kilgrave commands you to do.

If you still think you can stop that desire, then you're delusional and lacking in simple logic.
>>
>>78210065
I already have.
>>
File: dude what.png (202 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
dude what.png
202 KB, 480x480
>>78210252
How so?
>>
>>78209888
I think the exact line was "I once told a man to go screw himself. You can only imagine."
>>
>>78209725
What I would give for the power to influence a desire onto somebody. My god I would influence the fuck out of bank tellers to give me money. Build a business of whatever the fuck I want, and then run for politics. Be a world leader and force every country to be good friends and shit and then fuck the hottest women in the white house. FUCK YOU PURPLE MAN FOR HAVING COOL POWERS.
>>
>>78207878
Does it count as doing wrong if he doesn't even understand what wrong is?
>>
Being a shit character on a shit show counts as wrong.
>>
>>78207878

Don't you remember the Waters of Mars OP?
>>
I'm not sure anyone who grew up with Kilgrave's powers could not be fucked up.
>>
>>78209648
I'm willing to bet that was the original intention but it got shelved at some point, most likely for being too silly.

Wouldn't be surprised if they got as far as a make-up test before scrapping it.
>>
>>78210852
>My god I would influence the fuck out of bank tellers to give me money
Here's the problem though, that shit is tracked like a motherfucker and you have to somehow influence the whole bank and get rid of any security footage of you doing your power thing in order for any of that to be viable. If anyone with influence found out you existed you'd probably have a shitload of people going after you in order to try and replicate what you do. It's why Kilgrave spent so long trying to erase any proof of his existence.
>>
File: korra 3.png (908 KB, 1280x725) Image search: [Google]
korra 3.png
908 KB, 1280x725
>>
>>78215093
OP said nothing wrong not everything
>>
>>78208439
please learn grammar.
>>
>>78209993
agreed on this.

he wasn't really meant to be sympathetic, but believable, which is a lot better than woobie shit that happens to so many villains these days.
>>
>>78207878
>Implying he's actually dead
He gained control for a second of Jessica, but realized that it probably wouldn't last thus he escaped, and before he went he told her that some random dick was him and told that guy to just stand there.
>>
>>78216551
That's the dumbest theory ever.
Easier to just explain it as he has a healing factor. Which he does in the comics anyway
>>
>>78216589
>implying when they bring him back it won't be super convoluted
Do you even comics?
>>
>>78207878
Did Kilgrave ever wonder why he didn't do what other people say?

His whole concept of life as a whole must be twisted as hell. Does he wonder why no one else can do what he does
>>
File: Rabbit2.gif (47 KB, 435x457) Image search: [Google]
Rabbit2.gif
47 KB, 435x457
Imagine having neighbours who invited themselves to your place just so they could raid your fridge and trashed your house every single day.
>>
>>78216723
>begrudgingly invite Pooh in
>give him all your food
>he gets his fat ass stuck in the door for the entire winter
Pooh worst neighbor.
>>
>>78216676
He wasn't three years old when he got his powers so why would he?
>>
>>78207878
>Kilgrave did nothing wrong
>Jessica did EVERYTHING wrong
kekekekekekekekeke
>>
>>78215093
The only thing good about her was her tits desu senpai desu baka senpai baka baka senpai desu
>>
>>78207878

He failed to procure his waifu, he fucked up there.

Poor Kilgrave-kun. ;_;
>>
>>78215026
Best case scenario would be to have the power be togglable. Live your life normaly and when you talk to that qt in the bar, use it.
>>
>>78217858

What makes Kilgrave kinda a tragic character is that it isn't togglable. He might not even know he's doing it sometimes.
>>
If anyone here had his power, could you honestly say that you would turn out differently after a few years? Eventually people just become objects to be manipulated. Even someone you love would just be a neat toy to be played with.
>>
>>78217933
I'm pretty sure I'd go insane trying to police and monitor every single thing I said to avoid hurting people first
>>
>>78217933

I would honestly try to fix/save the world, that might turn out even more horrible though, just being honest. I would try to bring about world peace and make sure no one went hungry or homeless, and it'd probably turn out badly. I know, people trying to save the world become the greatest monsters, ec cetera.
>>
>>78217933
Ill try not to kill as many people. But ill obviously be a dick to everyone and constantly use them.
>>
File: scan0134[1].jpg (170 KB, 1326x515) Image search: [Google]
scan0134[1].jpg
170 KB, 1326x515
You know I'm right
>>
>Killgrave forcing Jessica to punch Power Man's wife in half was so traumatic it broke his hold on her
>Not like, it broke his hold on her long enough for her to escape him
>Getting forced to murder the lady she didn't know traumatized her so much it broke Kilgrave's hold FOREVER
>Kilgrave makes Hope murder her own parents
>She's still succeptible to his powers when he kidnaps her from the prison
>JJ murdering a rando traumatized her more than a teenager shooting her own parents did

??????
>>
>>78218172
It's never said what made Jessica immune. Kilgrave's dad suggests it might have something to do with her powers. It also might have to do with the sheer amount of time she spent with him. They never say it was purely because of trauma.

She's far from the only person he;s ordered to kill.
>>
>>78217933
The only thing I'll do would be telling people to shut up and not annoy me, and make them give me food for free so I won't have to work, and therefore tolerate physical presence of people around me.
>>
>>78218172
they said it could also have been her super powers acting against his or the fact that she had been under his control for so long or a combination of the two. killing Luke's wife was just the thing that pushed her over the edge
>>
>>78218172
They probably borrowed that little bit that someone with a high enough will power is immune to his suggestions or will eventually become immune, like Doom being immune from the start.

Hope was a sheltered, spoiled girl. She probably had very little willpower.
>>
>>78213174
Would be curious to know if this is the case
>>
JessiCAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!
>>
>>78217933

Depends on when I got the power. If I got it today, I'd probably use it to help my family as best I can while taking extreme care to phrase everything in such a way as to not accidentally manipulate them.

If I got it when I was 10, shit would get fucked very fast. I was a shitty little brat back then.
>>
>>78213174
Doesn't he briefly turn veiny-purple that one time when screaming on the docks?
>>
>>78218570

COOOME BAAAACK JESSICAAAAAAAAH!!!!
>>
>>78217933
Not necessarily. Think about it, how often do you "instruct" your friends and family? Kilgraves' power seems to require that he actually commands people. Rhetorical questions and mere requests don't seem to activate the power.

For instance, when he asked a question and Jerry thought it was rhetorical, she was able to not answer it. Or that home owner guy. If he said "I would like to buy your house if you don't mind" vs "Sell your house to me".

So yeah, you'd need to make adjustments to how you speak to people. You'd have to become more polite and not tell people to screw themselves. But it's not necessarily a HUGE adjustment.
>>
What if, this power is actually super common? And that all those cult leaders who get millions of people donating to them have it.
>>
>>78209648
He was turning purple when he was really exerting his power in the final scene. Look at his neck and eyes.
>>
>>78221422
>Rhetorical questions and mere requests don't seem to activate the power.

>"What does Jessica want?"
>"She wants to kill you."
>"Oh, tell me something I don't know."
>"Hope Schlotman was pregnant with your child."
>>
>>78209821
What about my feelings of worthlessness? I certainly don't desire to feel worthless, but I can't help it.
>>
>>78209648
Glad I'm not alone
>>
>>78216551
>suggesting someone could be stupid enough to pull a Halloween Resurrection retcon
Don't even joke about it.
>>
>>78216589
Fetus still had active stem cells, granting him a regeneration of sorts, but it starts to turn him purple due to the mutations that happened while his father was messing with it.
>>
>>78217893
It was shown that if he didn't give a command the person was capable of deciding on their own.
>>
>>78221653
what's the deciding factor? His tone?
How does he differentiate between demanding someone to give him a class of water, and asking them to do it?
>>
>>78221705
Well, with the house owner he deliberately left them open ended. Without an expected result it left it open to the person's mind to figure it out. They also showed that if a person is clever enough, they can circumvent his control, like put a bullet in your head. JJ just put a spent bullet in trish's mouth to fullfill the command.
>>
>>78213072
I kinda want Persuasion in the show. She's Purple Man's daughter who tries to be good.

I picture her carrying around a dry erase board and speaking as little as she can, constantly in fear of herself.

Especially if, as in the comics, her powers manifested as a teenager when she angrily told a friend to go jump off a cliff.
>>
>>78221452
You mean...

>"What does Jessica want?"

Jerry is silent because he told her to shut up earlier and the question seemed rhetorical.

"That wasn't a rhetorical question"

>"She wants to kill you."
>"Oh, tell me something I don't know."
>"Hope Schlotman was pregnant with your child."
>>
File: James-Wesley.jpg (225 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
James-Wesley.jpg
225 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>78218172
Didn't they say he emits a virus that makes people susceptible to whatever he says?

She just got so many variations on the virus her system started producing antibodies. If you spend enough time around him it's like getting a lot of flu jabs.
>>
>>78223097
I am still in mourning.
>>
>>78221831
Trying to be good with mind control is a very interesting dilemma.
>>
File: prowl smile.jpg (177 KB, 450x304) Image search: [Google]
prowl smile.jpg
177 KB, 450x304
>>78207878

Prowl is the greatest did nothing wrong character.
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.