[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was he so based?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 1
File: Top_Dollar1.jpg (96 KB, 1215x657) Image search: [Google]
Top_Dollar1.jpg
96 KB, 1215x657
Why was he so based?
>>
Because he made Doom.
>>
>>78200944
Who is this, supergirl character?
>>
They changed Top Dollar so much
>>
>>78200944
Literally whom?
>>
>>78200944
Looks like someone mashed together two really bad pictures of james franco and john travolta
>>
>>78201046
For the better. He was kind of a non character in the comic, in the movie he was a top tier badguy
>>
>>78201079
who wore a suit, which was gay and lame
>>
I am unreasonably attracted to Michael Wincott's voice.
>>
>>78201028
>>78201065
Villain from The Crow.
>>
For the thumb, I thought that was James Franco with a wig.
>>
>>78201227
Not unusual
>>
>>78201370
Distilled sex and gravel.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_NS0vAYGVk

Still one of my favorite cape villain scenes.
>>
>>78201068
>>78201296
Same. I thought it was him as Tommy Wiseau from his new movie.
>>
>>78201406
Right. I'm gonna watch this again before work.
>>
>>78201406
I can't help but feel like Ledger channeled just a little bit of this guy in his Joker
>>
>>78200953
That's where my mind went right away.
>>
>>78201451

It's still great. I'm really surprised that Proyas managed to make The Crow into something commercially palatable without losing the heart of the original comic, that's such a tough line to balance.

I have no idea how he went from the guy who made The Crow and Dark City to I Robot and that fucking Gods of Egypt movie that's farting itself into theatres soon.

>>78201462

I don't know, there's a sharp, angry edge to Wincott that Ledger's performance doesn't really have.
>>
>>78201504
>I Robot
Fucking GOAT
>>
>>78200944
I only remember he had incestual sex with his sister.
I am remembering that right, am I?
>>
>>78201611
Half-sister, but yes. Besides, it's 90's Bai Ling. You can hardly blame him.
>>
>>78201611
His fathers daughter, that's right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY7bpKeFvb0
>>
>>78201660
Wow, what happened to Bai Ling?
>>
>>78201757
She just got older. She is almost sixty.
>>
>>78201817
You're off by a decade, but yeah, she did just get older.
>>
>>78201079
He was a convincing junkie dealer. In the movie he is a caricature of a villain.
>>
>>78201817
>She is almost sixty.

She's 49.
>>
>>78201842
Sounds like almost 60 to me. Anything over 30 is fucking worthless.
>>
>>78200944
CAW CAW BANG FUCK I'M DEAD!
>>
>>78201840
In the movie he's a character, in the comic Top Dollar is technically the "boss" but he has zip to do with anything really...he's there for a minute then he's dead, Funboy is more the central villain in the comic from what I remember
>>
>>78201987
yeah, fuck yeah funboy
>>
>>78201888

Trips for the best line in the movie.
>>
>>78201987
The comic tries to be very reality based, with stuff being low on the expectations and people dying easily without big fights, it's just about revenge more than anything.
In the comic the top villain is T-Bird, who is a tall black man with rasta hair. Funboy is a very sympathetic character and actually helps the Crow in return of dying quickly.
>>
>>78200944
>KAH! Bang-Fuck, I'm dead!

best line ever
>>
>>78202035
Funboy is an exceptional character in the comic. He's just as monstrous as everyone else, but is completely self-aware, doesn't make excuses for his actions, and is completely understanding and accepting of what Eric is doing.
>>
>>78202516
I think he reminds me the most of this character in this Snoop Dogg horror movie - Bones, the ex bodyguard.

This guy who had known he done wrong, real wrong, but faces it with the responsibility of those consequences. It's not redemptive, but really aids to showcase a multifaceted viewpoint
>>
>>78200944
Is that James Franco as Tommy Wiseu from the Diseaster Artist adaptation?
>>
The thing I never understood about this movie is how did Eric get Shelly's pain through Albrecht? Shouldn't he have only been able to experience Albrecht's feelings from that night?
>>
>>78204860
You could assume he absorbed the general trauma of the incident itself, since he saw it and he was too dead to witness it
>>
Something funny about Darksiders II. Top Dollar is Death's voice actor, who has a pet Crow. During the game you find a dead human living in the Underworld whose name is Draven, but can't remember his human life except that he was a great warrior.
>>
>>78200944
Because of his angelic voice.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.