[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do so man people hate this show?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: Bears_Logo.jpg (26 KB, 575x333) Image search: [Google]
Bears_Logo.jpg
26 KB, 575x333
I can't anything wrong with it.
>>
>>78198277
>hate
Never seen any. I've only seen indifference and gayness.
>>
It's super normie but also charming. I kinda hate myself for liking it so much when there's so much literal meme humor.
>>
>>78198277
its the comfier show on CN, i like it. clarence is my favorite tho

people nowadays dont just want a cute little 15 minute episode of hijinks, they want deep lore and a modern day message to support.
>>
File: dont be weird.png (89 KB, 1024x631) Image search: [Google]
dont be weird.png
89 KB, 1024x631
It's dull, for one. And the animation is the same unoriginal, soft CalArts-style crap you see in every single show these days. Inoffensive round shapes, mouths shaped like a jelly bean with teeth that are just three bubbles. Little black dot eyes and the most drab, washed out pastel colors they could possibly get. After all, vibrant colors should ONLY go in sidecuts, not animation.

In every single way it is a product of its time, shaped entirely by what was popular during its conception. There is no originality, creativity or pushing the envelope here. Even the stories are massively formulaic and always ends up resetting the status qua. In fact, I'll write you an episode right now.

Ice bear gets a cold (see, it's funny because he's an ice bear... getting cold, so many levels) and the two other bears vow to make him better. Their efforts start with offering him soup but soon escalates to absurd attempts of help, all of the things backfire because of their incompetence. But just before the show ends and the other bears are about to give Ice bear an injection of untested military-grade cold remedy, it turns out that he is suddenly fine and hadn't noticed gradually improving because he was too busy fending off the attempts at help. Episode ends with the other two getting sick and Ice bear putting on a rubber glove, implying he will be subjecting them to the same "help".

The end.
>>
>>78198277

It's like a pillow. Nothing special, but it's comfy and it feels good.
>>
>>78198499
>soft CalArts-style crap
I think I'd prefer filler shows to be that way, rather than tween city that infests ttg, supernoobs, and all those canadian shows
>>
>>78198894
>>78198368
"Comfy" is the shittiest buzzword of this generation yet.
>>
>>78199327

It's accurate to describe shows that entertain without resorting to non-stop action, DEEPEST LORE, over the top humor or gross out shock value. You know, cartoons that people with the attention span of a goldfish won't ever appreciate and then complain about how supposedly boring they are.
>>
>>78199858
It sounds like a made up term to justify being an easily entertained couch potato to me.
>>
>>78199858
No, it means inoffensive, stale, sugary show that requires no brain activity and which barely registers as interesting. It's another word for "lame".
>>
>>78199870
It's a fucking kids show.
>>
I dropped it a few episodes in. If I wanted a cartoon about a bunch of hipsters concerned about looking good on the social medias, I'd watch Regular Show.
>>
>>78198277
>hate
Nah SU still remains as the show most hated here. I don't hate both shows though.
>>
It's a little too Californian to me.
>>
>>78198277
It focus too much on Social Media and for some reason that pisses me off aslo, the bears aren't funny at all.
>>
File: images.jpg (12 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12 KB, 300x168
>>78198368
When will Clarence come back? Is it cancelled?
>>
>>78198499

I read it in Finn's voice.
>>
>>78198499
>>78199327
Fucking this. Why can't we just use the words "nice" or "relaxing", and why can't shows stop using that same shitty art style that gets copy and pasted to every single SJW cartoon (which is what every recent cartoon is nowadays)
>>
>>78198277
The commercials are ridiculously annoying
Its like 3 Seth Rogan's as bears the T.V. show
>>
>>78198277
i tried to watch it but its boring ass fuck
>>
>>78198277
I don't hate it, I just don't think it's good, at all.
>>
File: Cartoon-Network.jpg (173 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
Cartoon-Network.jpg
173 KB, 768x432
>>78198499
That always happens with art styles, look at how similar Dexter lab, Power puff girls, samurai jack, Johnny bravo all were, it was all the same angular thick outlined characters, with light jazzy motif backgrounds. Its not bad, its just that art styles all start looking the same because they use the same art and animation studios. Its always been and when something new comes along, everything will just copy that.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.