[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgM Zl0FJsx4 >I don'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
File: Darwyn_Cooke.jpg (58 KB, 800x584) Image search: [Google]
Darwyn_Cooke.jpg
58 KB, 800x584
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgMZl0FJsx4

>I don't want to see characters getting raped in the ass

Darwyn Cooke hates you /co/
>>
>I don't want to see straight characters getting turned into lesbians overnight because the writer's too stupid or uncreative to come up with something decent

based desu
>>
File: 10271635_f520.jpg (112 KB, 520x617) Image search: [Google]
10271635_f520.jpg
112 KB, 520x617
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM4MLus_2Zg

Listen to the Darwyn passion from 5:15 - 8:35.
>>
File: 2607664-darwyn_cooke_2365_576.jpg (104 KB, 576x823) Image search: [Google]
2607664-darwyn_cooke_2365_576.jpg
104 KB, 576x823
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29_wZcvJ--E

Listen from 2:15 - 6:20

>The bravest and smartest thing one of these companies could do is to scrap everything they're doing and bring in creative people who have the talent and are willing to put in the effort it takes to write an all-ages universe that an adult or a child could enjoy

>DC only brings me in when they want the old timey happy stuff, it's like a novelty to them

What are your thoughts /co/?
>>
>>78190441
>BEFORE WATCHMEN creator: Darwyn Cooke said this
Amazing
>>
>>78190915
>The bravest and smartest thing one of these companies could do is to scrap everything they're doing and bring in creative people who have the talent and are willing to put in the effort it takes to write an all-ages universe that an adult or a child could enjoy
Why?
>>
Hilarious that a person so intellectually and creatively bankrupt that he did Before Watchmen for DC would criticize other creators.
>>
I like Cooke but I dunno, man. Some of the shit he says is dumb as shit and he sure ain't the kind of guy to make family friendly comics most of the time. New Frontier is an oddity.
>>
>>78191095
>and he sure ain't the kind of guy to make family friendly comics most of the time
How so.
>>
File: dan-didio-jim-lee-1024x685.jpg (113 KB, 1024x685) Image search: [Google]
dan-didio-jim-lee-1024x685.jpg
113 KB, 1024x685
>>78190940

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUcSSl3fbjs

He responds to that @ 4:45 - 5:45

>Just to be crystal clear, when I'm talking about all ages, I'm talking about characters that were created as all ages, they should continue to be but that was never the case here. This was clearly meant for adults from the beginning

In other words, he sold out to Dan Didio and Jim Lee.
>>
Comics can never be for kids again. They haven't been the target demo since the late 70s because everything is desperately trying to be seen as adult and mature. Just look at all the trash event comics that 'change everything forever' and look at their topic material and see how any of it is really superhero stuff. Look at how Marvel has all of the leaders of all the super teams plot from the shadows to control the world and try to make everything into shades of gray

I agree with him very much, but it is impossible to make comics for kids or to scrap anything basically. Everyone wants their comics muhhhturr, there is zero room for all ages stuff with capes as insane as that sounds
>>
>>78190441
I thought he was black.
>>
File: WATCHMEN_2012_MM_Cvr.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
WATCHMEN_2012_MM_Cvr.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>“I want them to stop catering to the perverted needs of 45 year old men. […] I want to see new characters for a new time, and when the industry of superhero comics realigns its sights to the young people it was meant for, I’ll be there with both arms and feet.”
>>
>>78190441
>abloo bloo bloo not muh Batman
>>
File: DC-Trinity-Darwyn-Cooke.jpg (195 KB, 600x706) Image search: [Google]
DC-Trinity-Darwyn-Cooke.jpg
195 KB, 600x706
So how long until DC gives him his own New Frontier Universe?
>>
>>78192402
Earth 21
>>
>>78192483

I mean giving him a job where he can draw all ages superhero comics for the rest of his life.
>>
>>78192786
I hope
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.