[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wally West, The Fastest Dick Alive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 15-2.jpg (52 KB, 420x638) Image search: [Google]
15-2.jpg
52 KB, 420x638
So I've been reading some of my older Flash comics, and can I ask that we all stop for a moment and remember how Wally West was kind of a dick, and also couldn't keep said dick in his tights?
>Alright, first girls pretty alright, they seem good together.
>Oh, shit, Wally won the lottery, bought a fucking mansion and is asking girl to move in in literally a few days time it seems.
>Girl says things are going a bit too fast, says to talk to her later, understandable.
>"Not gonna let this ruin my day."
>Barry goes out and fights motherfuckin Kilg%re or somethin.
>Literally in a few days time already gettin it on with this one scientist, last girl never brought up again.
>Oh shit she's married? Oh well.
>Oh, he's a dick, even better.
>Sometime later, dad is manhunter, mom lives with Wally.
>She's a bitch.
>Fucking, top level bitch. Literally mooches off them, decides how the house looks, calls girlfriend money digging hoe.
>Wally "But she's muh mum,gurl."
>Months later.
>Wally "But she's muh mum, gurl."
>Invited to known crime lords home.
>See's his "cousin" for literally less then an hour.
>Bout to plow dat ass.
>Only cock blocked by Vandal Savage.
>Still with scientist girl.
>Mum and Girl fighting, cause mum still bitch.
>Wally "God, you both are awful, goood."
>Wally being only detriment to relationship.
>Keeping her from slowly recovering husband (apparently he's good now?)
>"Not sure if I like her now."
>Still keeping bitch mum around after she apparently ruins them by losing all their money.
>>
>>78184646
Well yeah, he is a late teen early 20's at this point. Have you spoken to someone in that age bracket recently? They fuck everything that moves and are generally selfish assholes.

The comics cover Wally from good kid, to snotty teenager, to well rounded good man. It's a great evolution and pretty standard for basically any person.
>>
>>78185648
I mean, I understand that, and for the most part I love it, but it just feels jarring when it seems like Wally's finally, I don't know how to say it, growing more mature? And then turns around and does something I'd expect him to do around the earlier issues.
Still love the comics though.

His mum's still just awful though, a lot of the time.
>>
>>78184646
yeah I was kind of surprised at what a little bitch he was when I was reading NTT
>>
yeah but it helps set the table for his eventual character growth
>>
>>78184646
The beginning of Wally's solo run had some weird shit in it, but I honestly liked a very large portion of it. He had a great supporting cast with niggas like Chunk and Mason. It handled the character of a person who wants to do good but is just a fucking dick in human relations pretty well, which made an interesting read. Also a lot of new unique villains and great battles with old ones.

Also better than recycling the same Linda plot every year
>>
>>78185901
His mum's terrible but his dad's worse. Which actually kind of bums me out, because before Crisis his parents were generally pretty okay.
>>
>>78188083
Chunk is so good. I always like seeing a villain turn their life around
>>
>>78184646
This is the best Wally, for me. A dude who is definitely a good guy, but also a fuckup. I prefer this more human approach a lot more than the vanilla hero he becomes. Same as with Booster Gold; making him a straight-up unsung hero is a huge mistake in my eyes. I understand character progression and development, but removing all flaws is in no way that.
>>
>>78184646
Remember when he went to Cuba and became best buds with Fidel Castro?
>>
>>78188083
The motherfuckin Chunk man, gotta love em.
>>
File: Wally x Fidel 4 Life.jpg (247 KB, 688x495) Image search: [Google]
Wally x Fidel 4 Life.jpg
247 KB, 688x495
>>78190548
I mean, he's just so lovable.
>>
>>78188083
Speaking of weird shit, I think I remember one issue that had nothing to do with the flash at all, but was sort of in with the other issues, bout Doctor Light taking over a town, and it was all kinda really kid-ish and goofy.
Then the very last panel is Doc Light writing a resume to join the suicide squad.

I laughed so hard at how jarring it was, considering the comic was so light hearted.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.