[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who should be the villian of the Defenders tv show?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5
Who should be the villian of the Defenders tv show?
>>
Some white CIS male.
>>
>>78181513
So daredevil?
>>
>>78181500
The Hood and his Masters of Evil

Including Stiltman
>>
>>78181513
Ah yes the ultimate evil.
>>
>>78181500
IGH, probably. Seems like they're responsible for Nuke, Jess, and Matt. Possibly tied to Luke and Kilgrave as well.
>>
>>78181500
Shadowland.

Randomly: Luke Cage better have Harlem Jazz.

If Luke and JJ aren't getting costume how will they handle DD and Iron Fist having em?
>>
>>78181539
Shadowland so soon?
>>
>>78181606
Gotta have the white cis male villain so why not right?
>>
>>78181500
Fin Fang Foom
>>
>>78181546

I think the Hood is the only villain thy could properly do on Netflix budget.
>>
>>78181500
Maybe I'm overreacting, bue after watching 4 episodes of Jessica Jones, I find it very hard to keep going, the whole attitude, way of thinking and basically everything about her infuriates me.

Kilgrave is the only thing holding me to watch it.
>>
>>78181746
He already looks like shitty cosplay so costuming is easy
>>
>>78181813
Keep watching, he become intermixed with the plot a lot more and it picks up a lot of speed. Also ties those subplots into the story nicely.

I honestly don't see /co/ liking the Luke Cage one either. If it's two things 4chan can't stand it's blacks and women, so i'm thinking Luke will get the same treatment.

I enjoy Jessica Jones just as much as Daredevil, but for different reasons.
>>
>>78181500
Kingpin, with someone with powers as his muscle.
>>
>>78181875
>>78181746
>>78181546
The Hood resurrects Kilgrave and builds a villain army?

I'm probably dreaming tho. Netflix ain't got that type of budget for all those actors, family.
>>
>>78181865
I loved Daredevil; but I can't watch a show where the main character is infuriating, at this point I want Kilgrave to fuck with her even more, she's hypocritical, a liar, she manipulates people, she acts tough and then runs to other people for help which places them in danger, she runs around ruining other people. I just can't stand her anymore.
>>
File: _1444244508.jpg (156 KB, 600x926) Image search: [Google]
_1444244508.jpg
156 KB, 600x926
By the sounds of it they have decided to keep Iron Fist white.
I am really fucking glad they did.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/report-marvel-was-considering-asian-american-iron-fist
>>
File: Taskmaster_Vol_2_1_Textless.jpg (283 KB, 900x1288) Image search: [Google]
Taskmaster_Vol_2_1_Textless.jpg
283 KB, 900x1288
Taskmaster would be really neat. Maybe not a bigbad but he would be A good fit for the street level heroes.
>>
>>78182005
I think that's part of her character. It emphasizes the points where she fucked up other people. Like when she threw Malcolm into that cart to get what she wanted.

She constantly puts people in harms way to get to Kilgrave to pull them out of harms way. It's pretty tolerable when you observe it from that perspective and understand that the writer's intent was to write her as an asshole.
>>
Yeah part of the thing is that Jessica is a fuck up. Classic noir.

>>78181957

You gotta save mystic/resurrection stuff for Elektra first. I'd be super disappointed if it happened before.
>>
>>78182067
Like when she ran to Patty's house to ask for money to escape, and then dragged her into the situation that almost gets her killed?
>>
>>78182011
Dodged a fucking bullet there, goddamn.
>>
>>78182101
Indeed. She even references it in the show a few times. Also everyone sees it as well, but instead of running they seem to start to fight back.

It becomes this whole cliche

"STOP PUSHING US AWUH!"
"I HAVE TA U GON DIE!"
>>
>>78182005
>>78182067
Jessica is a fuck up. A product of Kilgrave, but even then she seems to be a fuck up before then. That's part of her character. She fucks up so much, you either learn to LOL, live with it, or completely despise her.

I sort of like that she's a fuck up. It made the show fun for me constantly seeing this. Not in the sense that I hated her, but in the sense I couldn't stop laughing at her fucking up.
>>
>>78182141
>>78182101
>>78182067
>>78182082
Can't wait until Jessica gets on the Defenders and everyone is annoyed/upset with her drinking issues and self-destruction.
>>
File: _1444244496.jpg (213 KB, 600x907) Image search: [Google]
_1444244496.jpg
213 KB, 600x907
>>78182122
For real, I swear to god I kept reading things along the lines of
>"They will bee disappointing a large chunk of their fanbase."

Yeah sure, as a fan of the comics nothing would make me more disappointed then seeing them take my favorite superhero and NOT making him as distant from his original source as possible.
>>
It would have to be someone that would unite all the street threats but is also too big for one of them alone to take. So probably The Hood & Kingpin, with powered henchmen.
>>
>>78182384
Or Night Nurse. She'll have a huge role in the uniting. She'll probably die too. I wonder what role she'll play when it's time for Iron Fist.
>>
>>78181583
Well, to be fair, Luke's costume is typically like, black pants and a yellow t-shirt nowadays, right? I don't know what, if any sort of costume, Jessica has worn lately though
>>
>>78182005
She's supposed to be like that. She's not a very good person.
>>
>>78181577

Theories on who they are?

Aside from Hydra I mean.
>>
>>78181577
>Matt

How so? I don't recall them in DD's series.
>>
>>78182321
Drinking and self destruction isn't her main problem, her main problem is that she is a annoying shit who can't hold a conversion for 30 seconds without making sarcastic commentary, and not even a funny one, just a straight up annoying one

Luke is her boyfriend, Mathew is too much of a Christian good boy to call her on her bullshit. I can only hope they make Danny the kind of guy who will call her on her bullshit.
>>
>>78181539
>Irish
>white
>>
>>78181546
The Hood is absolute dogshit so yes.

>>78181500
If they gave a shit about the tv stuff, the Hulk. Full on, no-Banner, rampaging green hulk. Fatalities, a no-beatdowns solution to the problem arrived at after beatdowns have failed, and then Stilt-Man. Who I think is actually a Spider-Man villain still, so they wouldn't do it because just clearing the rights would eat the budget.
>>
>>78181539
And Iron Fist
>>
>>78183131
>Asian american
>>
>>78182563
I don't think he has done yellow since Bendis dragged him into the spotlight.

He is usually pretty casual with jeans and a tight shirt.
>>
>>78183153
>>78182011
>>
>>78183153
Isn't he white?
>>
>>78182066
I'd love to see if we could get rid of the villein embargo Marvel has between tv and movies.

Still can't believe we can't get Galvatron cause of AoShit using him first. He'd of been Marvel's magneto easily.
>>
>>78182330
Why does Luke look like Barracuda
>>
>>78182011
>In the cartoon Danny is white
>In the games he's white
>In the comics he's white
>He's one of only Caucasian characters where his whiteness/WASPiness informs his relationships.
>Jeph Loeb talks writing complex characters, not just based on traits, metions "white rich guy"

I really doubt an AA Danny was ever considered, as you would have to subvert his whole story/origin
>>
I really hope Marvel has a lock on Dan Stevens.
>>
Someone posted supposed Iron Fist series character breakdowns on Reddit, but I've never heard of the site, could be clickbate.
>>
>>78182066
if they weren't pushing the Inhumans so much in AoS right now I'd say Tasky would be perfect for that show. I don't think he could really hold his own against DD and Iron Fist alone so them joining forces and adding two decent powerhouses of Jessica and Luke he would get wrecked.
>>
>>78182011
>This shit has gotten so big, that it reached a legitimate HOLLYWOOD TRADE PUBLICATION.

Jesus Christ, let that sink in for a moment. If Marvel hadn't heard of it before, they sure have now.

>This is what GamerGate has caused.
>>
>>78183378
Yes, he is, but so many people are clamouring for him to be an ethnic K'un-Lunian, who spend his life in America, then goes back to K'un-Lun and learns Kung-Fu. As an allegory for an Asian-American "re-connecting to their roots". That's all well and good, but that NOT Danny's origin story.
>>
>>78182563

Jessica never wears a costume. It's always street clothes because she's adamant about that "not a superhero anymore" business.

Luke is typically in jeans and a wife beater or t-shirt. He hasn't worn an actual costume in a long time.
>>
>>78182902
waste chemicals don't give you powers anon
>>
File: gg22.jpg (154 KB, 1179x1018) Image search: [Google]
gg22.jpg
154 KB, 1179x1018
Mister Negative
>>
Kingpin puts a hit out on one or more of the Defenders : Bullseye, Barracuda, some other good street level baddies, tells them whoever brings them Daredevils head gets lodsemoney.

So now we have nultiple well armed psychopaths tearing up Hells Kitchen trying to get their hands on him.
>>
>>78186916
If the Purple man wasn't Purple, could Mister Negative really be Negative?
>>
>>78182011
Not gonna lie, I was starting to warm up to the idea of a Latino Iron Fist.
>>
>>78182959
She's constantly called on her bullshit by everyone up to and including herself.
>>
>>78186365
>That's all well and good
"Go back to your roots" has always struck me as racist.
>>
>>78187566
Same here
>>
>>78182321
I really have to wonder how Jess is going to work with the other Defenders. It feels like she wouldn't be able to really "team up" with any of them, even Cage, at least to the extent of "we're a team and stuff"
>>
>>78181500
Iron Fist.
>>
>>78187659
Yeah, it's kind of a double edge there. Really though, the crux of the situation is people frustrations at the lack of acting and therefore representation of Asian males in Hollywood. It seems like people latched on to Iron Fist, because he seems the 'most Asian' on the outset, even though ironically they've chosen the most intrinsically white character to try and race bend. Seriously, compare Dr Strange's online reaction to Iron Fist, nobody's spamming the "mighty whitey" TVTropes page, even though he could be seen as more of one, as he traveled to Tibet as an Adult, but Danny was raised there since he was nine years old. What young immigrant wouldn't want to buckle down and succeed, especially if there was discrimination was involved. That tempered it, past/future Asian fists temper it, too.

Perhaps, it's because Steven is a practitioner of the mystic arts, rather than martial arts, a traditionally Asian discipline.
>>
>>78187738
>Jess, open this door
>Jess, throw this car
>Jess, jump up to the roof and give a shout if you see anything
>Jess, stop trying to get me to fuck Iron Fist while you watch
>Jess. go google who owns that car
>Jess, go blackmail this person we need to cooperate with us
>>
>>78181500
Purpleman
>imp[lying he's actually dead
>implying he at the last second didn't learn to control Jessica again
>implying he didn't tell her that some poor shmuck was him
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.