[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Wars Rebels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62
The little Star Destroyers that could Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
http://www.swbooks.co.uk/updates/release.htm

>Newest Rebels Episode: "Legacy":

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B--x3TcdnpPjSGZEWnF0RkU2T2c/view?usp=sharing
https://mega.nz/#F!w5w3QQzS!kEXw8EpWWhF9izE5K2JpvQ

>Newest Rebels Recon Episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JrVry8kgyw

>Star Wars: Rebels MEGA (Season 1):
https://mega.co.nz/#F!UYQCwTwa!s-n8--buJPbauv6ylUo-DA

>The Clone Wars Legacy Content:
http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy

>Star Wars: Uprising: (/co/ Cartel: Loth-Cats)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpW6fOEvuSg

http://community.kabam.com/forums/showthread.php?568108-Newx-s-New-Player-Guide

>Star Wars: Commander (/co/ Squad: Empire - SheevSquad)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FXrcuPR4XQ

>All Canon Novels and Comics: (Including the Rebels UK Comics)
https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

>Star Wars Audiobooks (Canon and Legends) and Motion Comics:
https://mega.nz/#F!w9tFCZxK!7zthk3nLz-0ATC9zxxEPuw

>Star Wars Legends Novels & Comics (Incomplete):
https://mega.nz/#F!AgVghZhQ!0SL9AVJvCbzUsRICuAoguQ
https://mega.nz/#F!j99HEbrC!GP5TSEEbrBYZIZ73xod4fg

>Canon Guide & Timeline:
http://imgur.com/a/wnoIs

>Star Wars /co/ Booru:
starwars.booru.org

>Star Wars Soundtracks MEGA (Work-in-Progress):
https://mega.nz/#F!xocwwSiT!M8RpDwmmI37P24_TRzBKug

Three more days /swg/, are you ready?
>>
File: c8e.jpg (141 KB, 843x422) Image search: [Google]
c8e.jpg
141 KB, 843x422
The suspense is killing me
>>
Watched the new Star Trek trailer and I threw up a little in my mouth.

How can people be so excited for Star Wars?
>>
>>78180830
Because those are two different things you silly willy
>>
>>78180830
Look man, me personally, I'm going to actually watch the movie before making judgments on it.
>>
>>78180830
Because that Beastie Boys amv looked so much more interesting?

By the way, this is going to be the best Star Wars Rebels downtime ever.
>>
>>78180830
I'm only excited for Gwendoline Christie and potential cool aliens/robots in the background
>>
>>78180927
What if she never takes off her helmet?
>>
>>78180908
>best Star Wars Rebels downtime ever

Maybe, so long as we don't take the bait from /tv/ when they inevitably show up with their racebaiting and general know nothing attitude towards Star Wars as a whole.

The best time was during Celebration, that week was great.
>>
File: 1373436214280.gif (1 MB, 200x163) Image search: [Google]
1373436214280.gif
1 MB, 200x163
>re-watch clone wars with the idea of Jar Jar being a sith
>season 6 The Disappeared, Part II
>jar jar uses force lightning to kill a stone guardian and pretends he used one of there severed hands although the lighing is compleately different

Why does this reddit tier poetry still hold water.
>>
>>78180961
There needs to be a basic lowering of expectations with her character here. She's going to look menacing in the background, and occasionally fire her gun and give orders in a sexy voice.
>>
>>78180961
She's going to look menacing in the background which is fine enough. It might also help her become more mainstream which is good enough for me.

Would be great if WB got her to play Big Barda
>>
File: spoilme.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
spoilme.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
>>
File: Kylo spin.gif (3 MB, 600x249) Image search: [Google]
Kylo spin.gif
3 MB, 600x249
Kylo Ren confirmed for most badass Star Wars villain ever.
>>
>>78180983
god bless that stupid theory for making Jar Jar watchable.
>>
>>78181022
She's my dream Samus if they ever had to adapt Metroid into a movie.
>>
>>78181035
at least we know why he said "we're home"
>>
>>78181049
But on the other hand it made normies trying to act like they know shit about Star Wars insufferable
>>
>>78181055
That too, to be fair mostly because she's the only tall blonde actress I can think of. Though to be fair she is genuinely good and it's pretty stupid the main reason why she had a hard start was her height.
>>
>>78181047
Really looking forward to this fight now. Interesting how he takes his helmet off
>>
>>78181047
>That unnecessary spin
>>
>>78181111
It's that and the fact that I think she'd play a role rather than try to change it to suit her needs. Respecting the character like Karl Urban did for Dredd.

Also tall girls and short guys have always had trouble in Hollywood. It's stupid since it gives of an unrealistic look at the world, but that's Hollywood I guess.
>>
sokylodid kill luke's "students" but maybe there are still some fully trained jedi hiding in throughout the galaxy. luke can't be this incompetent...
>>
>>78181171
Someone post Obi-wan's spin from ANH
>>
>>78181171
It's like you don't enjoy actual fight choreography. Fuck off, there's nothing wrong with spinning
>>
>>78181182
Hollywood wants the most blandest people, in terms of physical stature and looks, because uniqueness is shunned there.
>>
>>78181219
And Luke's spin in TESB
>>
>>78180997
That's pretty much what everyone expects, though. The most people are hoping for is not going down as easily as Grievous did, which is unlikely if Christie has signed for part VIII too like it's been reported.
>>
Visual Dictionary spoiled a lot

>Han became a family man after the war but then a "profound tragedy" made him return to smuggling
>Kylo Ren betrayed and killed all of Luke's other Jedi in training
>Kylo Ren has the blood of the greatest Jedi and Sith in him

Kylo Ren son of Han and Leia confirmed
>>
>>78181171
It's a good trick.
>>
kylo ren can freeze blaster bolts in mid-air.
>>
>>78181182
>Kathleen Kennedy said to me, ‘Have you ever Googled ‘female heroines’? I said, ‘No,’ and she did it for me. If you do it, there are a lot of scantily clad women. Now women should be allowed to dress exactly however they choose, but the idea that you Google female heroines and there isn’t a diverse range of examples that come up, I find it a bit depressing

Yep your assumptions doesn't sound like much of a stretch.
>Metroid movie with Christie as Samus and little to no zero suit bullshit
>>
Who do you guys think is going to get the obligatory bad feeling?
>>
File: 1411030459097.gif (2 MB, 412x304) Image search: [Google]
1411030459097.gif
2 MB, 412x304
>>78181256
>they fight Phasma in Episode 7
>Finn cuts her in half with his lightsaber and quickly runs away from Imperial forces
>camera moves down to her body and shows that her insides are robotic
>later on in the movie you see Kylo doing shit with Imperials
>in the background you can notice some machine putting together a shiny suit of stormtrooper armor
>yfw
>>
>>78181303
>Kylo Ren son of Han and Leia confirmed
Eh not really but it might as well be confirmed.
>>
>>78181303
>Visual Dictionary spoiled a lot
Seeing as the point of it was to be released after the movie, that makes sense.
>>
>>78181220
Except leaving your back open for stabbing.
>>
>>78181334
Finn the walking panic button.
>>
>>78181219
>>78181243
>>78181308
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTWjJDh87SE
>>
>>78181485
Yeah too bad the force isn't real
>>
>>78181545
Too bad no one thought of doing that instead of spinning.
>>
>>78181303
Also First Order is essentially the Empire of the Hand from the Thrawn Trilogy, a re-established empire in the Unknown Regions.

The New Republic is back.

Snoke is also probably from the Unknown Regions like a certain novel suggested.
>>
>Kylo killed the other students
>Luke is a hermit
I'm depressed about this. I was hoping the rumors weren't true. I was hoping for a new golden age.

Instead of seeing the OT rehashed, I would have preferred something like Luke's students helping heal the galaxy and undo everything Palpatine did to destroy the Jedi's credibility.
>>
File: Yuuzhan-vong-eu2_bg.jpg (18 KB, 200x283) Image search: [Google]
Yuuzhan-vong-eu2_bg.jpg
18 KB, 200x283
>>78181568
So basically we're getting Shmrawn, the not Thrawn leading the Shmrempire. Seeing as how Disney wants to make a new SW movie every year from now till the end of time, how long till we get the Shmruuzan Shmrong?
>>
>>78181626
Snoke will be revealed to be one of NotVong who are also connected to ancient Sith like Dark Horse wanted in the very beginning
>>
>>78181601
We might still get some of that in 8 and 9
>>
>>78181485
Funny. I did this to my friend a month ago.
>>
>>78181047

Okay for anyone more up on the spoilers than me, how is Finn who isn't a Jedi or even have any training in the use of a lightsaber able to stand against someone like Ren who clearly is trained? I mean if you look at this gif that should pretty much be the end of Finn right there.
>>
>>78181760
Order troopers have melee training with all sorts of weapons
>>
>>78181760
He's a highly trained stormtrooper. He's in the top 1% of the First Order troopers. And as we've seen at least some of them get training in melee combat. On top of that it doesn't sound like he lasts very long before Rey steps in.
>>
>>78181568
>Snoke is also probably from the Unknown Regions like a certain novel suggested.
What are you talking about?
>>
>>78181760

Finn is in the top 1% of storm troopers and has extensive training in melee combat. Also, he might be force-sensitive, but who knows.
>>
>>78181854
Aftermath implied that Sheev thought his dark side powers came from the unknown regions.
>>
>>78181854
Aftermath, it mentioned contingency plans for high ranking officers to go there if the Empire were to fall.
>>
>>78181891
So, what, is Snoke supposed to be some kind of dark side power source?
>>
Just started season 2. That opener was intense.
>>
File: Hamill lightsaber duel.jpg (172 KB, 1024x1536) Image search: [Google]
Hamill lightsaber duel.jpg
172 KB, 1024x1536
Are you guys ready?
>>
Oh shit. I just realised that the Canon pages on Wookieepedia are default now.

It's a Life Day miracle!
>>
>>78182020
Yeah, it was sad to see the minister die, but it was interesting to see what the Empire does to its loyal people to deal with a threat to security. Using her as a false flag operation to paint the Rebels as bloodthirsty terrorists was cold but pretty damn effective.
>>
>>78182292
fuck yes
>>
>>78182292
Good, this should have been done several months ago, rather than the week before a new Star Wars movie comes out. Were there any objections to it?
>>
>those kylo ren spoilers

Wow, dude is more powerful than I thought.
>>
>>78182389
This was 'planned' to happen early this year but they just kept saying 'Soonâ„¢'.

And the only objections I've ever seen that were credible were people saying that canon pages are too short to be default.
But that's the fault of the stubborn people running the place that refused to update canon pages properly.
>>
>>78181601
I'm with you man. Feels kinda shitty that Luke tried and failed to restart the Jedi Order.
>>
>>78182389
>Were there any objections to it?

Of course, the admins threw a shit-fit over it.
>>
>>78181035
Thanks for the leak, more lore is always welcome.
>>
>>78182487
Makes sense since his teachers were kinda terrible. I'm sure he spent time going around finding Jedi artifacts, but that wasn't enough.
>>
>>78182530
Fucking autistic faggots
>>
>>78180908
>Best

You know damn well it is going to go to hell after TFA hits.

>>78180961
[Insert Baneposting here]
>>
>>78182290
This gets my attention
>>
>POST YFW KOTOR AND KOTOR 2 ARE CANON AGAIN
>>
>>78182572
True. I hope at least some of those he trained survived and are out living their lives, like a reverse of how he founded the NJO in the EU. If he trained all these people and they all died, that'd be really depressing
>>
>>78182619
They aren't canon just because of that.
>>
>>78182619
just means malachor is canon son.
>>
>>78182619
Malachor has been mentioned in TCW before
>>
>>78182622
Honestly with Rian Johnson on 8 this might be the most depressing trilogy.
>>
>>78182659
>>78182663
You idiots are so fucking autistic, I swear.
>>
>>78182290
Actually yeah, that might be fun if the experts they pull in to talk about the martial art aren't terrible to listen to.
>>
File: supreme leader snoke.png (163 KB, 245x360) Image search: [Google]
supreme leader snoke.png
163 KB, 245x360
>>78182619
>>
>>78182622
At least there are some people living in the outskirts, like Maz Kanata, who escaped because they were never trained as Jedi.
>>
>>78182699
You're just stupid. Show me where there's crossguard lightsabers in KOTOR1/2.
>>
>>78182487
I would have at least preferred something ala Legacy with the Jedi scattered around the galaxy and operating as a covert force from the First Orders' Jedi Hunters. Now it's just a rehash of the OT.
>>
>>78182676
Yeah, in a quote. wasn't it like "no way in Malachor" or some bullshit? This actually confirms that the Battle of Malachor V happened. Not to mention the fact that Rakata Prime is canon again? Yeah, it's happening.
>>
>>78182746
It's not the lightsaber itself, anon, it's the cracked crystal inside of it that's related to kotor
>>
>>78182804
>"Kylo Ren's unsusal LIGHTSABER is an ancient design, dating back thousands of years to the Great Scourge of Malachor."
>>
>>78182746

Well, Malachor is now canon. So, it shows that they're using bits from KOTOR.
>>
>>78182787
It confirms there was a major battle at Malachor and I'd not be shocked if they added SOME version of Revan back into the deep past without explicitly needing to touch on the Mandalorian Wars and Jedi Civil War, unless they do a new comic or book set way back then.

I'm going to assume that the general events we know happened but not be totally disappointed if they change key elements or something or just never expound on it.
>>
>>78182804
Yeah, but Kyber Crystals were simply a part of the old Lightsaber Canon that is making the jump over into the new Canon. Doesn't necessarily mean everything else related to that is in the New Canon too. I'm sure we'll see lots of things make that jump, but others will be completely rewritten to suit the needs of the story they want to tell now.
>>
>>78182868
>>78182676
>>
>>78182787

man, retards like you are why pablo is always sperging out on twitter.
>>
>>78182868
well yeah of course, they've been using other stuff from legends too, not taking it wholesale.
>>
>>78182619
>Kylo uses taunts and psychological attacks

Quipster confirmed.
>>
>>78182619
KOTOR is probably somewhat canon. There are rumors that the KOTOR era was going to be canon but they decided against it because Hidalgo didn't like some of KOTOR 2 and some things contradict current canon (sith ghosts, etc). It's probably what inspired the part of the new canon press release where they say that some legends stuff can be looked at as literal legends people in universe tell that probably happened, but not how they appeared to happen in their legends media.

So assuming KOTOR is a literal legend in the new canon, we can assume this 'Scourge of Malachore' was the Battle of Malachore where Revan destroyed the Mandalorians but at the price of destroying Malachore and killing billions of innocents. You could actually argue that Kylo Ren's lightsaber was new canon Revan's lightsaber.
>>
>>78182993
Just like his father.
>>
All this info about Kylo makes me wonder why he doesn't immediately kill Finn and Rey. In terms of skill, he's leagues above them and has no reason to toy with them like Vader did with Luke.
>>
>>78182290
Interesting how they only pull from Kendo. I find it far too rigid, myself. Figure something more like Iaido or Haidong Gumdo would be more representative of the progression of lightsaber duel choreography. Haidong Gumdo especially for the Prequels. Obi-Wan vs Darth Vader certainly was Kendo with a bit of fencing, though.
>>
>>78183315
Well Rey is his cousin. And I bet he thinks he can use them to find Luke.
>>
>>78181035
Why would Han have to worry about credits...

Seriously he could have retired at the end of RotJ as a multi-millionaire. And him going back to smuggling and the like kinda gets rid of the character development he went through
>>
>>78181303
Does anybody have an upload of the official visual dictionary?
>>
>>78183445
>multi-millionaire

from what?
>>
>>78183445
TRUE FANS wouldn't want Han as a family man, but as a hard edged Smuggler like back in the PRACTICAL glory days of the OT

It's better that people don't change or develop character, you see

Because that way we can look forward to seeing them the next time they're out and about because everything we loved about them is still there, just the way we remembered
>>
>>78183445
And where would he get all those credits? The Rebellion/New Republic wouldn't be able to fund that for just one person.
>>
>>78183513
IDK because he was part of the Rebellion who now control the Galaxy, dated one of its highest leaders (who is probably a billionaire) and could reasonably just ASK for money to be handed to him.
>>
I still want to believe Snoke is Plagueis.
>>
>>78183668
>(who is probably a billionaire)
Whose money more than likely blew up with her planet.
>>
File: IoPLDM9.png (545 KB, 480x700) Image search: [Google]
IoPLDM9.png
545 KB, 480x700
>>78183720
>>
>>78183720
I kind of wish he was too. It would bridge the movies together better. Imagine watching that scene in Episode 3 where Palpatine talks about Plageous knowing that Finn, Rey, and Poe end up fighting Plageous 50 years later.
>>
>>78183668
just because he's a hero doesn't mean they have to pay him anything and the rebels don't control the whole galaxy and money would be better spent elsewhere.
>>
>>78183739
Yet she's definitely made a name for herself as a valued Rebel Leader.
>>
>>78183835
Making a name for yourself does not bring in money anon. Through most of the stories told in rebel viewpoints, we see that almost every cell is scrapped for credits, to the point where they can't replace ships lost to battles because they are too expensive. There's one line, might be from Twilight Company or Lost Stars, where some rebel says how they wish the Banking Clan would be under Rebel control just so they could afford things. The "main" cell was able to give Han a reward in ANH, but I doubt they would be able to do it again with the Empire doubling down on rebellion after that.
>>
File: 1328817086622.jpg (48 KB, 472x474) Image search: [Google]
1328817086622.jpg
48 KB, 472x474
>reading a Yahoo article on how the Cantina scene in ANH was made
>says Phil Tibbet is coming back for Force Awakens to do stop-motion for the chess board on the Falcon.
>>
>>78183935
Leia is also a high ranking politician in the Rebellion, she won't be the leader of the New Republic but she was most likely and advisor to Mon Mothma.
>>
>>78181171
It's for UNLIMITED POWAAH
>>
>>78183080
I imagine that the old republic jedi were still clinging to old designs similar to the darksaber and Bane's concept art, then during the war Revan's movement popularized/invented newer designs like the ventsabers.
>>
File: 1449012600761.jpg (212 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1449012600761.jpg
212 KB, 600x450
>>78182596
>Adam Driver and Gwendoline Christie are both 6"2
>Both wear Face obscuring helmets
>Kylo has an interrogation scene
>we've just had confirmation of spinning
/tv/'s going to have a fucking field day with this one.
>>
>>78183518
>TRUE FANS wouldn't want Han as a family man, but as a hard edged Smuggler like back in the PRACTICAL glory days of the OT

Which is not the same as your second line and does not automatically preclude character development.
>>
File: star_wars_day.jpg (90 KB, 620x491) Image search: [Google]
star_wars_day.jpg
90 KB, 620x491
>Google something I can't remember about Rebels
>First link is the Wook
>Get ready to click on canon
>Realize that canon is finally default

You done good, Wook. About time.
>>
>kylo ren i basically jedi knight anakin with no restrictions
>>
>>78183080
>There are rumors that the KOTOR era was going to be canon but they decided against it because Hidalgo didn't like some of KOTOR 2

then fuck hidalgo
>>
>>78183080
I sincerely hope he wasn't one of those dumbasses that thought Kreia was meant to be objectively right.
>>
>>78184717

kotor 2 isn't star wars
>>
>>78184835
your not star wars m8
>>
>>78184717
>>78184763

Optimistically, maybe he was one of the original players who was still sore over it being unfinished.

>>78184835

Care to explain why? It deconstructs many of the stereotypes of star wars, but depending on the way you play the game, you can actually subvert them and make it more in line with a traditional story.
>>
>>78184835
Go to bed, Drew.
>>
>>78183445
>>78183518
>character development

Regression can be a part of character development too. Han and Leia married after ROTJ and probably lived a relatively happy life until their son turned to the dark side and killed Luke's other students. Is it so far fetched that a father like Han, who never really seemed like someone who would settle down anyway, would return to his old habits after such a traumatic experience? Or that Leia would become a cold military leader who would even use a super weapon to destroy the people that took away her son?
It's actually quite brilliant. Kylo Ren single-handedly ruined the lives of our OT heroes long before the events of TFA, which already makes him a formidable villain even though he's just an apprentice.
>>
>>78181171
It gives him the high ground
>>
>>78181568

As a player of the Imperial Civil War mod for Empire At War, this actually makes me kind of sad. I always loved the idea of Thrawn running an egalitarian, meritocratic empire in the unknown regions that fused together the best of Chiss and Imperial technology.
>>
>>78181626
>how long till we get the Shmruuzan Shmrong?

End of Episode IX will reveal that Snoke was NotNom Anor, an advance agent sent by the NotVong to sow discord and chaos is the galaxy. Before he dies, he'll say 'They're here." and we cut to a massive fleet entering the Galaxy, to cue the war for the next trilogy.
>>
New kids book leak.

http://imgur.com/a/Hx0HD
>>
>>78185363
>That R2-D2 pic

Artoo had a hard life
>>
So the giant freighter above Jakku really belongs to Han. Reminds me of the very old rumor of him being the captain of a star destroyer. They probably changed that a little.
>>
>>78182327
Indeed. I was like "didn't expect that".
Also love how Vader is just a real fucking powerhouse. I mean sure, you had stuff in the original trilogy too, but this was just one "oh shit" moment after the other. And I love how his fighting style differed from the inquisitor's.
>>
>>78185363
That's some nice Dracula hair.
>>
So when are TFA spoilers supposed to start coming?
>>
>>78186019
You mean from people actually seeing the movie in theaters? Because if you just want plot spoilers we already have the entire story.
>>
>>78186019
I can tell you now, it has a lot of 'sooo progressive!' moments.
>>
Snoke better be Plagueis, it's better and easier to explain than some random new guy.
>>
>>78186159
This. I'll be so pissed if they just pull some new guy out of their ass.
>>
>>78186159
How so, anon?
>>
>>78186159
he's a Vong
or, to be precise, something like Vong but not quite, think the original idea for Vong posted here a few threads ago
>>
>kylo ren totally wrecked luke, han, and leai's lives completely

JUST
>>
The cast of TFA answers "controversial" Star Wars questions! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7wFAIDnVKI

>Oscar Isaac promotes the machete order
>>
Did Star Wars Rebels get better after that dreadful Sabine episode?

I haven't given up on the series, I just haven't found the time to watch the past couple episodes.

It's a bit disappointing, I feel like an episode focused on Sabine's past should be one of the best of the series.
>>
>>78186205
I'm not, I'm sick of "pottery" and tired of everything being so damn interconnected all the time. I'm hoping for something new being brought in, and only time will tell if the movie does that.
>>
>>78186323
Gwen has the right idea
>>
>>78186298
And R2 and 3PO's. Really that's the worst offense
>>
>>78186352
It's been pretty dumb so far. The Empire are mouth breathers, and we didn't really need another series about Jedi or dumb kids.
>>
>>78186352
I think so, I've really enjoyed the last few episodes. The Sabine one felt like a low point that we've moved on from.
>>
>>78185363
>"Why are we here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my arm... and my processors... even my power converters. The parts I've lost... the data I've lost... won't stop hurting. It's like they're all still there. You feel it too, don't you? I'm gonna make them give back our master."
>>
>>78186323
Christie's adorable
>>
>>78184544
>/tv/'s going to have a fucking field day with this one.
How?
>>
>>78186383
This. The Star Wars universe is too big to use the same villains over and over again. Also, Plagueis is lame as hell. Might as well have Kylo be the big bad instead of that idiot who either got killed in his sleep or survived but let his traitorous apprentice rule the galaxy for almost thirty years. No one would take a villain like that seriously.
>>
>>78186508
They are big guys.
>>
>>78185840
>And I love how his fighting style differed from the inquisitor's.
Yeah definitely, he just goes in for the kill and the only reason they were left alive was due to the fact he wanted them left alive to find the Rebel Cell in that sector, and he did, killing several rebels, and getting rid of a lot of vital equipment the rebels had and most likely knocking them down several pegs.

>>78186352
Yes.

They didn't even really expand on her past, which was the problem. It was wrapped up too fast, but who knows, maybe Ketsu will betray her again. Hope so, it would make her much more interesting than the quick transition as part of the good guys she did in that episode.
>>
>>78186219
Sidious said Plagueis was the only one who knew how to cheat death, plus he's responsible for Anakin being born albeit unintentionally. In a way he's responsible for the Skywalkers' existence.
>>
>>78186508
reach out with your feelings.
>>
>>78186508
big gal in a mask
>>
Does anyone have that list of "essential" Clone Wars episodes?
I turned it off on the third episode cause I was too bored, but I feel I'm missing out some background stuff I should know for Rebels S2.
>>
>>78186601

Gotcha
>>
>>78186352
Sabine's episode was the worst of the season, so yeah, it gets better, Interdictor episode is good, and feels were had in Legacy
>>
>>78186352
God, what where they thinking with that episode? Probably one of the worst heel-face turns I've ever seen.

If they wanted the bounty hunter to be redeemed, they should've had her in another episode, not just start out ready to kill Sabine, only to go "lol, we're friends now ^_^"

Literally did not even try with character development.
>>
>>78186545
>>78186573
>>78186574
Oh, the spinning part confused me
>>
>>78186569
>Sidious said Plagueis was the only one who knew how to cheat death
Chancellor Palpatine said that to Anakin so he could be even more susceptible to the Dark Side, especially with his attachment to Padme and him worrying over her death in his visions.

Take what a Sith Lord says with a heavy grain of salt, especially one that's trying to lure a good man to his downfall. He's going to say whatever he can to get him on his side.
>>
>>78186675
This, the switch not only was abrupt, it was extreme, she went from somewhat evil to goody good in 5 minutes
>>
>>78186601
Season one is the only one where you need to consider what to watch and what to entirely jettison. Rookies and Hostage crisis are a must. You might want to watch the Ryloth Arc since Lords of the Sith ties into it later. Trespass has Senator Chuchii.
>>
>....Snoke, a mysterious figure steeped in dark side knowledge"

HMMM
>>
>>78186675
>>78186770
It's episodes like that which make it clear they're not confident in having enough time to do set up episodes.

That sort of thing ought to have 2-3 episodes around it.
>>
>>78186855
>From the Unknown Regions where Sheev claims his powers came from
>>
>>78186569
And you think Abrams and Kasdan of all people would rather use highly controversial plot points established in the prequels instead of creating their own unique story and characters? Midichlorians are probably even more hated than Jar Jar or Lucas's dialogue and you expect the writers to reference them by introducing the character who might have used them to create Anakin?

I'm not trying to stir up a debate here, but you should realise that this movie was written with general audiences in mind. Most people who will watch TFA don't even know who Plagueis is. It wouldn't be the mind blowing twist you imagine it to be, it would just be poor writing.
>>
File: KjBPk7.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
KjBPk7.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>78180801
It doesn't make it a good game, but I love how easily the Speeder Bikes explode on Endor in Battlefront. Wish I had a gif that did it justice.
>>
>>78186323
>Oscar and Gwen the only ones to defend Luke/Leia incest.

B A S E D
>>
>>78187032
Well, Gwen is part of the Game of Thrones cast, so she should be used to scenes like that.
>>
>>78187032
hey, Driver was incredibly into it.
>>
Is it just me or does it seem that this movie is quite influenced by the EU? I know it pretty much looks like ANH 2.0 but there's some stuff in there that EU fans would recognize.
>>
>>78187121
Yeah it's weird. It feels like a Star Wars movie made by Star Wars fans. I know obviously that's what it is, but it's still weird having a Star Wars movie reference EU shit.

It kind of reminds me of the MCU and how they mix different things together from the comics for their movies.
>>
>>78187117
That's true, I didn't catch it the first time because he was shy about it.
>>
>>78187121
I think that's where the Lucas story group comes in. Abrams and Kasden doesn't give a shit about all of that stuff and just tried to write plot and ANH poetry. But Abrams was in contact with Pablo Hidalgo at all times. Wasn't it revealed Zuvio is the same species as Embo?
>>
>>78187215
Yeah, it a, in the toy bio I think.
>>
>>78187121
I'm surprised that the Unknown Regions are a thing they kept from the old EU. I always considered it to be one of the more implausible things from the EU. I mean, you have hyperdrive which allows you to cross the galaxy in few hours to days, and yet somehow in all the millennia that galactic civilisation has existed, you still have huge swaths of the galaxy unexplored? That's kinda bullshit.
>>
>>78187121
>>78187191
I would say they definitely got some inspiration from Kotor, because Kotor is popular and everyone likes it, but I doubt they made Kylo Han's fallen son to reference Caedus for example. A son going dark and fighting against his family, including his sister/cousin, is just an intriguing storyline with great potential and it also justifies using another masked villain with a red lightsaber.
>>
>>78186911
From a storytelling point of view it makes more sense that it would be Plagueis. In my opinion it is heavily implied in ROTS that Palpatine knows that Plagueis is the "architect" behind Anakins birth, having manipulated the force to do so. It is also stated by Palpatine to Anakin that cheating death is a feat "only one has achieved" and that together they could discover this knowledge possessed by Plagueis.

In considering this sequel trilogy and its story I think it is too big a connection to overlook as it would tie the three trilogies together. It also allows JJ and the storytelling group enough leeway that they can take this back story and still fill in major gaps with their own original ideas (how did Plagueis survive, where was he during the OT, what are his plans now, what are the implications for Luke etc) it also solves the problem of how you'd explain Palpatine being unaware of Snoke if Snoke is not Plagueis yet is a powerful force user that existed during the OT. Plagueis by way of his being Palpatines master whose knowledge of the force exceeded Palpatine offers JJ an out by simply stating that he had the ability to hide from Palpatine due to some ability unknown to his apprentice.

I think Snoke being Plagueis is both logical and brings far less creative problems to the storytellers than Snoke being a totally new character who has appeared out of nowhere.

But that's just me, i'm fine with Snoke being a new character as long as it's logical and well written(for Star Wars anyway)
>>
>>78187191
>>made by cvcks
Fixed that for you.
>>
>>78187471
>>78187471

it's not plagueis, pablo has already spoken on that issue.

you just typed all that shit out, knowing damn well that it's not plagueis. Plagueis was a fool who couldn't tell his apprentice was planning to kill him, he's dead and gone.
>>
>>78187568
just like it wasn't Khan right?
>>
File: 1449718944504.jpg (39 KB, 587x229) Image search: [Google]
1449718944504.jpg
39 KB, 587x229
>>78187568
:^)
>>
>>78187593
>this again

Khan was literally in the title of the most popular Star Trek movie while Plagueis is just some random character who was mentioned in one scene. General audiences and casual fans either don't know or don't care about him.
>>
>>78187724
So they should know or care about a villain more that is new in this movie?
>>
>>78187471
>I think it is too big a connection to overlook as it would tie the three trilogies together

Nigga, it's already tied together, how much pottery do you want? At a certain point it becomes fucking ridiculous and shows that the new canon is just as flawed as the EU in terms of always bringing something old and worn out to the table instead of something new.

>I think Snoke being Plagueis is both logical and brings far less creative problems
Bullshit, it just creates more problems whereas a new character can be fresh and bring something different to the sequels.

Bringing in some busted old Sith Lord that lost his place as a Sith Lord isn't what the First Order even respects anyways. They didn't like the fact that Palpatine failed and seen the Empire losing as a failure not to be repeated. So why in the hell would they make the guy that lost to his apprentice their Supreme Leader?
>>
>>78187760
Not necessarily, but they might care about Snoke if he is a well written and terrifying villain. A loser like Plagueis would neither be well written nor terrifying, no matter how you set up his backstory.
>>
>>78186068
>le MSW is accurate
can't wait till Thursday night when you faggots shut the fuck up.
>>
>>78187928
>A loser like Plagueis would neither be well written nor terrifying, no matter how you set up his backstory
Thats a lot of assumptions though. With how little canon information we have on him he's pretty much a blank slate. They can write him how ever they want, all he has to do is fit with a few story points. If they can write a new villain well there's no reason they couldn't write Plagueis well. And it would tie together the arc of the three trilogies.
>>
>>78187965
Why Thursday anon? There's a big premiere in LA right now for the movie, and some countries will get it on Wednesday.
>>
Snoke and Luke aren't in the VD?
>>
>>78187965
It hasn't been wrong about anything so far. Ever trailer that comes out just further proves its accuracy.
>>
Here's a question. Is the Sith and the Rule of Two gone due to the fact that Sheev and Vader are dead?
>>
>>78188049
In all likelihood, yes. If Palpatine's multiple resurrections aren't canon, then all the Sith knowledge and artefacts he and Vader possessed died with them.
>>
>>78188049
Yes.
>>
>>78188006
>If they can write a new villain well there's no reason they couldn't write Plagueis well. And it would tie together the arc of the three trilogies.
Why would JJ even bring in a character that's solely form the prequels, when he's been pretty adamant about his distaste for them? I'm not talking about some flags in a scene, I'm talking about an actual (minor) character from the prequels.
>>
>>78188049
Yeah since for some reason Snoke and Kylo aren't Sith
>>
>>78188049
Sith are old and busted. Knights of Ren are the new hotness.
>>
>>78188033
They are one and the same
>>
>>78188149
To me it just makes sense to use him, and personally I'd enjoy the connectivity. Thats fine if you don't think so. I guess we'll find out soon enough.
>>
>>78187121
I actually saw an interview here that JJ wanted to incorporate ideas from the old EU
>>
File: stance star wars.png (1 MB, 1523x616) Image search: [Google]
stance star wars.png
1 MB, 1523x616
Have you got your Star Wars socks yet?
>>
File: KoR.webm (590 KB, 1438x610) Image search: [Google]
KoR.webm
590 KB, 1438x610
>>78188154
Exactly.
>>
http://www.starwars.com/

if you're interested
>>
>>78188154
Shouldn't it be Knights of Snoke since Ren is his apprentice.
>>
File: 1447010779294-3.jpg (10 KB, 171x176) Image search: [Google]
1447010779294-3.jpg
10 KB, 171x176
>IN 3 FUCKING DAYS WERE GETTING A NEW STAR WARS
Does it feel surreal to anyone else?
>>
AUGH why can't I marry Space Mama?

Also, how often do new episodes come out?
>>
>>78188349
Yeah, it's pretty weird. Just like that person in your image.
>>
File: Camie.png (478 KB, 700x475) Image search: [Google]
Camie.png
478 KB, 700x475
>Camie has a canon article on the Wook
Why?
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Camie_Marstrap
>>
>>78188313
Ren could be a concept or an ideology/religion like the Jedi and the Sith. We don't even know who they are or what they want, just that Kylo joined them after he decided to betray Luke.
>>
Everybody, hit up star wars.com

they have a TFA livestream going
>>
>>78188313
Ren is a title. Kylo's name is Kylo something or other. My money is on Solo. Kylo Ren is like the Darth part of Darth Vader.
>>
>>78188397
Shes like in her late 20's dude.
>>
>>78188397
>AUGH why can't I marry Space Mama?
Because you're not Kanan.

>Also, how often do new episodes come out?
Once a week on Wednesday.
But we're on hiatus until early next year.
>>
File: 1447189480418.jpg (189 KB, 736x884) Image search: [Google]
1447189480418.jpg
189 KB, 736x884
This is Solo, I've reached the sneaking point.
>>
>>78188476
Yeah, but she's kinda the "mom" of the group.
>>
>>78188497
Thanks.
Aie...the waiting's gonna hurt.
>>
>>78188432
The deleted scene's been referenced in Ultimate Star Wars and in some newer ANH adaptations. That makes it canon.
>>
FO Star Destroyer cross section scan when?
>>
>>78188081
>knowledge and artefacts

Artifacts would stick around, I doubt he had them with him on the Death Star II. I mean, Kylo's profile in the VD says he got arcane Dark Side knowledge and even built his saber out of a millennia-old blueprint.
>>
>>78188151
The Nightsisters weren't Sith, either. Still were Dark Siders.
>>
>>78188349
I did then I started doing my homework. I'm expecting nothing and yet I'll still be disappointed. Everything I've been hyped for has been a disaster.

>wait over 10 years for Aliens: Colonial Marines
>get shit sprinkled with shit
>>
>watching four camera red carpet stream
>Lucas is getting swamped by cameras and looks his usual shy self
>suddenly brightens when Dave Filoni comes over to chat and starts messing with his cowboy hat
>>
>>78188804
I don't know what to expect honestly
>>
Oh hey, Filoni.
>>
>>78188766
Artefacts would stick around, yes, but not the location of them. I'm sure Palpatine had a dozen vaults filled with such things, and only a few people in the galaxy would have the knowledge of their location.
>>
>>78188892
Hat stays on...
>>
>>78188879
Wait really? That's fucking cute.
>>
dat remixed imperial march from Rebels
>>
I hope they interview Lucas
>>
lmao Ford has definitley had a few tonight
>>
>>78188880
I was nervous and then some anons told me to relax. I did and enjoyed the hype train.

Then I saw more trailers, read a little more into the back story and I was like "oh".

The icing on the cake for me right now is what Lucas said about the movie.
>>
>>78188397
>AUGH why can't I marry Space Mama?
because you ain't in space little man
>>
Ford is fucking wasted
>>
"Do you feel pressure anymore?"
>Nah, not really. You can always blame JJ. I just work here.

Harrison Ford ran out of fucks to give around Temple of Doom I think.
>>
>>78189097
really?
>>
>>78189156
yes, he could barely speak during that interview.
>>
>>78189191
fuck. that's kinda sad
>>
>>78189220
Nah, I'm sure weed is the only way Ford can get through this.
>>
>>78189220
he seemed to be enjoying himself
>>
ITS LUCAS
>>
Where are you guys seeing this shit?
>>
George always looks like he's on the verge of tears
>>
Fuck that felt weird.
>>
>>78189312
StarWars.com. Or Youtube, take your pick.
>>
>something something Jurassic Park
>something something Squash you like a bug

Wat
>>
Who was that talking shit to Pottery?
>>
I hope they save Boba from the sarlacc in nucanon. It just seems sad that he was such a badass even during TCW, but when it comes time for RotJ, he just gets wasted. The concept of a sarlacc is dumb anyways, you would die of dehydration before it even gets to torture you for that long.
>>
>>78189366
>>78189370
I think it was just an old friend. Clearly someone who worked on the Jurassic Franchise.
>>
>>78189366
Lucas meant that TFA will outgross Jurassic World.
>>
>Spielberg's here

I think this is like his 4th watch now
>>
>>78189370
he was the Producer of Jurassic World
>>
>>78189314
Considering what he said in two interviews. He probably is. Especially with how disappointed he is with the movie.

He compared it to a bad break up and him just showing up is wishing his ex-wife the best.
>>
>>78189366
>>78189400
Frank Marshall, producer of Jurassic World and husband of Kathleen Kennedy.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.