[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's been over three years since The Dark Knight Trilogy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6
File: thedarkknighttrilogy.jpg (836 KB, 1000x1458) Image search: [Google]
thedarkknighttrilogy.jpg
836 KB, 1000x1458
It's been over three years since The Dark Knight Trilogy ended. What are your final opinions on this trilogy?
>>
Begins is the strongest movie of the three. It's the first Batman movie that seems to actually give a fuck about Bruce Wayne. TDK and DKR are both good, but they're disjointed and their endings go on too long. Dr. Jackstraw is the best.
>>
File: BIG_GUY.jpg (445 KB, 927x1380) Image search: [Google]
BIG_GUY.jpg
445 KB, 927x1380
I think it peaked with The Dark Knight and it should've ended right then and there.

There's no defending "Rises". It's just a terrible sequel that felt rushed and not thoroughly crafted as the previous ones. The script is terrible and Baneposting aside, I like Bane in it. It's just everything else that falls short. The plot is just a convoluted mess and it has an even worse conclusion that Batman & Robin. At least the Schumacher movies were self-aware.

Also, i still have no idea how Batman slices the subway in two during his showdown with Ras.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGWfothiSU8

He throws a batarang at a window and then a bomb? Huh?
>>
The Dark Knight was an awesome film
Begins was a promising start but ultimately a bit too much boring setup and not enough Bat
Rises was a disappointment but still wasn't the worst movie of all time or anything
>>
Begins is a great Batman movie

TDK is a good movie but ultimately held together by only a few great factors

TDKR sucks
>>
>>78176526
Big guy! For you!
There, none of you have to bother now.
>>
>>78176708
Someone get this hothead outta here.

In all seriousness Begins is the best one. TDK got overhyped because of Ledger (when in retrospect he didn't even the best performance in that movie. Eckhart did.) and TDKR is so bad I have no idea what happened there. It's like they only had enough plot for half a movie so they decided to just repeat it halfway through and hope no one would notice.

Plus Begins is the only one where Bruce actually seems to want to be Batman.
>>
It's hit and miss. For example, I never liked the 1st or 3rd acts of Batman Begins but I've always loved everything from when Bruce returns to Gotham to the manor burning down.
TDK is the best easily even though the ending is a bit silly and TDKR is absolute garbage.
>>
There's some great moments in them, but when you think about the overall stories of each film they're fucking all over the place. This is a problem in every Nolan film. Begins is the best one, but even that feels like 3 different films slammed together.
>>
GOAT comic book trilogy.

Even if TDKR faltered TDK and Begins were fucking amazing. TDK is still considered the greatest cape movie of all time to the point that Marveldrones either pretend like it doesn't exist or say it doesn't count.
>>
Good films, just very poor batman films. As said before, begins was the strongest. Perhaps the best scene in that movie that sums it up is when the thugs start talking about what they heard about the bat "I-is it true? Can he really fly?". Dark knight is good, but they only really hit one aspect of the joker. Rises is awful in my opinion; Bane is both undermined by talia and made a joke in his presentation. As a whole the series has a weird balance of realism and comic booky and I'm glad Afflecks is going back to the latter. Finally Bale was a good Bruce Wayne, just not so much batman
>>
One, the Joker needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever the Joker's not on screen, all the other characters should be asking "Where's the Joker"? Three--
>>
Batman Begins needed a Thanagarian Snare Beast tbqh
>>
Good movies
awful Batman adaptations
>>
>>78177277
This.
>>
>>78176912
>muh Marvel boogeyman
Why so insecure?
>>
Begins is fucking amazing.

TDK is pretty great, almost equal quality to begins.

TDKR is the weakest of the three but still a pretty good entry to the franchise.
>>
I thought Begins was a good, it served as a much needed reboot. There was some pacing issues, the camera work during fights was headache inducing, and I really felt the Scarecrow was a bit underused but it was a decent start.
The Dark Knight, and I'm bias as all hell about this, is probably without my all-time favorite comic book movie. Watching that on opening night in a packed house was an experience.Yeah, I'm aware of all the flaws and plot-holes and what-not people love to point out but I honestly couldn't give a shit. That is a movie I would pay full price to see in theaters again.
Rises was, for the most part, a wet fart for me. I mean, I liked Bane, silly voice and all, but catwoman could have been removed from the film entirely and nothing would be different. Really seemed like most of the actors were going through the motions, oh and that twist at the end was kind of lame. Plus, Bale's Batman voice was really distracting. And was up with Nolan ripping off the bomb scene from the '66 movie?

So yeah, first two movies, I liked. Third one, eh.
>>
>>78177392
It's not a boogeyman. Marveldrones constantly say that. Do you even /co/?
>>
>>78177513
Why the fuck would they say it doesn't count? What is this, non-existing soccer game?
>>
File: bane and gain.jpg (124 KB, 500x738) Image search: [Google]
bane and gain.jpg
124 KB, 500x738
>>78176526

The Dark Knight is a legit great film but yeah i have to agree with >>78177277

they really do miss a lot of the point of Batman, Rises tries to embrace the more comic book aspects and weirdness but plays it straight.

also Bane and CIA are the greatest things ever.
>>
>>78176526
Bretty good. Solid 8/10
>>
>>78176526

The first movie was a spot-on telling of Bats' origin, I don't think the movie could have done a better job. Contrast that with the microwave cannon of the final act and its just jarring. Its weird to give the first half of a movie a 10 and the last half a 4.

The second movie was more consistent, and consistently good. I'd give this one a 9.

The third movie... again, consistent, and consistently bad. Just a muddled mess of a movie. A 3 or a 4. A real disappointment over the strong setup for a third movie from the second.
>>
>>78176526
I found Begins boring and TDK annoying. Didn't watch le Bane.
6/10
>>
Batman Begins is boring.
The Dark Knight has good action but a nonsense plot.
The Dark Knight Rises is boring and has a nonsense plot.
>>
>>78176595
He threw the batarang away, it hit a window to generate a draft, then the bomb behind him, so he could get away. The draft somehow created enough force to expand his wings.
>>
File: anita3.jpg (12 KB, 221x165) Image search: [Google]
anita3.jpg
12 KB, 221x165
BB and TDK were great. TDKR was too focused on wrapping things up in a relatively tidy package.

Would liked a little more branching out on villain choices - delve deeper into Scarecrow, Hush, Etc.

Side note - have Vandal Savage and Ras Al Ghoul ever teamed up?
>>
>>78176912
TDK and Winter Soldier are my favorite cape movies.

What now, faggot? Not everything has to be about company wars.
>>
>>78176526
Begins is pretty good.
Dark Knight is amazing.
Only problem I have is that Gotham suddenly becomes a modern looking city in it where as in Begins it looks more like Gotham.
Rises isn't that bad but it really is not good. Nolan's worst film
>>
>>78176767
>when in retrospect he didn't even the best performance in that movie. Eckhart did
THIS THIS THIS
Harvey Dent's fall is one of the greatest tragedies on film.
>>
>>78178136
I guess that makes sense. In a way.
>>
>>78178535
Eh, how he managed to cut the thing in half with a bomb and not murder himself in the process, is still basically bullshit.
>>
Begins was awesome. The Dark Knight is one of the best superhero movies ever. TDKR just has a dank meme.
>>
It's wildly overrated but I still love these movies. Begins and Dark Knight were one hell of a ride, and Dark Knigt Rises was enjoyable but the memes were what made me have a soft spot for it.
>>
>Get late to watch TDKR on theathers
>Plane scene almost over by then
>Never felt like watching the movie again
Somehow the begining of the third movie broke /tv/ wich has yet to fully recover. I've read about it but I still don't understand what's the deal and I'm not sure if I want to...
>>
>>78176526
A good pack of action films.
A really poor trilogy of 'superhero' movies. If you even can call it that.

Also Dark Knight is just OK. Both first and third reach a much better integration of the comic book characters and lore. It's believable in those two that are caped crusaders and maids jumping from windows.

DK simply works by Ledger's performance (Which was overblown by his death, honestly. It's good but not that good) of the ""Joker"". The rest doesn't work that much with a man in a giant Bat costume. Replace it with John McClane and it becomes a great film.
>>
>>78176526
Batman Begins was way too pretentious
The Dark Knight was a great movie on the first watch, but the movie kind of sucks on repeat viewings since it relies so much on the feeling of unpredictability
The Dark Knight Rises is just kind of shit, but it spawned one of the greatest internet memes of all time

So overall I'd say it's a bit crap, but we got one great movie experience and some memes out of it.
>>
File: 1445389426173.jpg (232 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
1445389426173.jpg
232 KB, 750x500
>>78179316
>the memes were what made me have a soft spot for it

memetastic.
>>
Piece of shit.
I don't know what happened to Nolan, he used to make okay movies, Inception was all right and then he started making these Batmans, then this ridiculously awful Interstellar, did he get a brain tumour or something?
>>
>>78179572
He got overhyped by nerds.
And so, he was made to think of himself as a God.
Now he is a nobody.
>>
>>78179457
its weird, because when I first watched the plane scene I thought it was really cool. I mean, upon reflecting on it, I realized the whole scene was ridiculous and unnecessary, but it still never felt so ridiculous that it warranted all the criticism it got followed by the memes. like, I get it was goofy, but if it was really that bad you think people would want to just forget about it. its like batman and robin, that movie is so bad people only like to bring it up when they want to discuss how bad it was. people seem to bring up TDKR out of some weird love hate relationship. people are so fascinated with something that honestly didn't stick out to me that much. that scene is honestly more well known because of the memes and backlash than the movie itself.
>>
File: 1450118525765.jpg (221 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
1450118525765.jpg
221 KB, 750x500
>>78179552
>>
Begins is the best, especially the first half, probably the best superhero origin movie.
The Dark Knight is almost nonsensical but Goddamn that Heath Ledger. You can say he's not Joker all you want but he was amazing. Also Eckhart was damn good too.
TDKR is strangely bloated and it kinda feels like Nolan just doesn't care.
>>
>>78176942
>>78177277

Can either of you (or anyone) explain what you mean by "good films, bad Batman films"?
>>
>>78176912
>1.jpg
>>
pretty good trilogy even if the last part was the weakest one by far, still it is the best live action Batman adaptation
>>
Begins was the best, but I wish they had spent more time on Batman taking down the Mob.

The first half of the movie really built up the idea that the Mafia was firmly in control of the city, but then when Bruce returns he takes down Falcone in like 5 minutes. I would have liked more of Batman methodically fighting his way up the chain to eventually toppling Falcone's empire.
>>
>>78176526

BB: I thought was pretty silly and nothing special.

TDK: Masterpiece for the genre. Batman doing Batman things. Even for normie non-Batfags it can stand alone with only basic understanding of the character and it really does the most of the heavy lifting as part of a film trilogy.

TDKR: Thought it was okay when it came out. Liked better than BB, but still far behind TDK. Subsequent views really show the all the holes when held up against the light.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.