[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Live Action Superhero TV show/movie >All of the supporting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 1448933497452.jpg (62 KB, 393x281) Image search: [Google]
1448933497452.jpg
62 KB, 393x281
>Live Action Superhero TV show/movie
>All of the supporting cast knows the MC secret identity
I don't know about anyone else but I always thought that part of the appeal of superheroes was the double identity.
>>
>>78174193
As long the public don't know it doesn't matter
>>
>>78174193
causes too much contrived drama that's been done to death.
When 80% the MC's ongoing conflicts can be resolved by just letting someone into their inner circle, but they don't, that's boring and makes them look moronic
>>
>>78174193

its so tropey that i prefer to see it flipped on its head like with Tony Stark who just comes out and says "yeah i'm Iron Man what about it" its a lot more badass that way

it depends on the character i think though
>>
Movies and TV shows can't really on think bubbles. The hero needs a supporting cast privy to his secrets to bounce off from.
>>
>>78174395
I'm with this. I prefer heroes who are open as fuck about being who they are. I get the whole "Protecting muh family" deal but honestly if you have a shit ton of people you want to not die then just save people from burning buildings or something you don't have to go and fight a crazy villian
>>
>>78174193
It's kinda fine if it's just a few people. Like say, spidey finally telling Aunt May that he's Spider-Man, along with telling Mary Jane. That's perfectly alright, it's fine for a certain amount to know. I think Ultimate did "Let's reveal Peter's identity!" too much. I know it lead into Peter's heroic death in 1610, but I was never really a big fan of it whatsoever.
>>
Personally I'd like a show where they give you a large cast and turn it into a mystery, figuring out which character is the masked superhero.
>>
>>78174434
>I get the whole "Protecting muh family"

Rally when you get down to it that shit doesn't work in the long run. Like people know Peter can take Photos of Spider-Man and Clark often interviews or knows where Superman is, so they'll target your loved ones anyway to get the info from them.
>>
>>78174263
cape comics are moronic
>>
>>78174193
>I don't know about anyone else but I always thought that part of the appeal of superheroes was the double identity.
Then you don't read comics because that stopped being interesting 20 years ago.
>>
>>78174193
>All of the supporting cast, including the main villains, know the MC's secret identity
>But he can't tell his love interest because we need drama and wacky misunderstandings
>>
Netflix Daredevil has a pretty good ratio with that. Especially compared to Flash and Arrow
>>
>>78177389
And autists here hated the scene where Foggy finds out his identity because this board struggles with any sort of story that requires empathy when it isn't something about >tfw no qt gf.
>>
>>78174193
>I always thought that part of the appeal of superheroes was the double identity.

Usually the worst part.
>>
>>78177588
Are you joking? If there was one major consensus on /co/ when it came out, it's that Nelson versus Murdock is the best episode.
>>
>>78176704
the difference there is that he can't break up with his family
and all of his friends are the people who help him be a hero
>>
>>78177639
The two of us have very different memories.
The majority of the posts I saw were people saying 'lmao y foggy mad tho?! he's a superhero, that's awesome! wut a bad friend!' and other people having to explain to them why he was upset.
>>
>>78177639

There were entire threads whining about how Foggy losing it at Matt was contrived melodrama and how he should shut up about it.

/co/ seems to have a bug up its ass whenever any character is angry with the MC for more then a couple episodes, and it goes twentyfold when it's a girl. Apparently /co/'s ideal is a show where no-one on the home team has any issues with the lead ever and talks about how awesome he is.

I'm just glad Karen never found out, because you know if she said anything negative /co/ would have been filled with

>FUCKING UNGRATEFUL CUNT

threads for weeks.
>>
File: downs.png (136 KB, 354x349) Image search: [Google]
downs.png
136 KB, 354x349
>>78176704

>love interest is told/finds out on her own
>"oh my god what, no this is not okay, I'm leaving you now with no room for debate despite knowing you're a good person and still liking you if not for this, because the plot demands it"
>alternatively, "you gotta stop right now, because I say so and I am effectively your god, or I'm leaving you for no good reason because fuck you"
>>
>>78177648
That's not a reason to keep it a secret from Iris. Literally everyone but her knew, putting her in MORE danger by not telling her.
>>
>>78177689
>Apparently /co/'s ideal is where no-one on the home team has any issues with the lead ever and talks about how awesome he is.

You just described every Parkerfag on this board.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.