[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did anyone saw the latest Simsons epiode "Barthood"?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 15
Did anyone saw the latest Simsons epiode "Barthood"?

I was wondering what you all tought about it.

I can say I really ejoyed it, as it wasnt filled with too much unfunny, try-hard jokes this time. I haven't seen boyhood and don't think I will.
>>
>>78174068
It was okay.
>>
Did it take thirteen seasons to make?
>>
>>78174068
Not bad
Could have been MUCH better
>>
Quite enjoyed it. First time in 20 years Bart's had a future where he isn't a loser.
>>
>>78174356
Yes it could of been a lot better. I feel that if this were an old simpsons episode it would of worked out better, it was in that type of tone that some of the well thought out episodes were.

There was even some contradictions on it, from other episodes but that didn't bother me.

>>78174356
I also enjoyed it a lot more that regular episodes that have been on this season. I wish it had more interesing things in it from Barts life.
>>
Ralph joins the army so he could have a costume for the party
>>
>>
>>78174496
>tfw that's how he died the first time before he gets clones
>>
>>78174068
Like...I feel like I would be fine with some one from south park, futurama, ATHF or Family Guy/American Dad smoking out of a bong, but something is just wrong about Simpson's characters doing it. I always liked the Simpson's because it felt like they tried to be funny without being TOO vulgar or TOO standoffish about things, but I feel like I lost a lot of respect for it tonight. Now, I know the Simpson's has mentioned bongs and weed before (Homer sang about smoking a bong at Moe's once) but it just doesn't feel right to have him just sitting there smoking, let alone in front of Bart. The funny thing is I smoke a lot myself, and maybe it's a bit of Stockholm syndrome but there's still a lot of social stigma in society today that makes it seem like it's a bad thing, which I suppose has rubbed off on me, even though I live in a state where it's legalized. I just feel like smoking and drinking should both be done in your own home not in the public's eye, and even with being a regular smoker myself this honestly made me feel uncomfortable and I sorta feel like I dont know who Homer Simpson 'is' anymore. Anyone have that same feeling? This whole episode just kinda put me off.
>>
>>78174500
I liked how they played along the twin thing, since she was Barts crush but he only admitied it in that one episode from the first seasons.
>>
>>78174500
Oddly erotic
>>
>>78174632
I know what you mean, I regularly smoke so I watched the episode baked. I had no problem with this as Homer has smoked weed in his youth and also in his current age.

I did however found it very cringy, as if they were trying so hard to make it very funny, I mean they included Chief Wiggum taking some bonghits, then he went on this trip that used up probably minute of something that could of been way better.
>>
>>78174068
>stoner Homer
>stoner Chief Wiggum
Very funny
>>
At least it's not Lisahood
>>
File: 1449632928138.jpg (64 KB, 500x470) Image search: [Google]
1449632928138.jpg
64 KB, 500x470
>>78174650
She grew up to be hot as fuck and seems to be the easy one win/win.

I didn't quite like that lisa was such an attention whore. I also didn't like how Homer was portrayed as a asshole dad, which I guess makes sense because he's suposse to take a jab on all those 90/ dads, but this was just a very unlikable way to do it.

I'm sure that "Boyhood" that something to do with this
>>
I love grandpa's car
>>
>>78174500
Bart should have a threesome with Sherri and Terri
>>
why is homer a stoner now?
>>
File: 1410100072980.gif (493 KB, 496x279) Image search: [Google]
1410100072980.gif
493 KB, 496x279
>>78174068
I lovedv it, but i alsio hated it how dare they bait us with the whole everyone ages properly gimmik.
JUST DO IT IN THE MAIN SHOW ALL-FUCKING-READY STOP TEASING US LIKE THIS IT WAS SO PERFECT SEEING THEM ALL AGE.
>>
>>78174068
I kind of want to see more of the characters from that episode now.
>>
>>78174632
>Like...I feel like I would be fine with some one from south park, futurama, ATHF or Family Guy/American Dad smoking out of a bong, but something is just wrong about Simpson's characters doing it.
>it just doesn't feel right to have him just sitting there smoking, let alone in front of Bart
>this honestly made me feel uncomfortable and I sorta feel like I dont know who Homer Simpson 'is' anymore

Far out, man. I haven't seen a bong in years.
>>
>>78174356
Now that you mention it there are about three future episodes where Bart isn't a loser.

That one episode where Bart turns out to be Building demolisher which he seems to quite enjoy.

That one episode where he becomes chief justice of the supreme court.

That other episode where Bart fends off representitives of a bunch of country's that want their money to back off and Lisa makes pot legal. (This is kin of a win at least for him)
>>
>>78175025
>That one episode where he becomes chief justice of the supreme court.

That episode isn't about the future, it just has an ending in the future.
>>
>>78174911
This has always been hinted on in his early life in both the old episodes and in newer episodes.
>>
this episode made me gloomy, because bart had a good childhood with girls and talent and stuff after all.
but it felt really preachy at times. in the end im happy that the simpsons had severyl future episodes where you could simply mix and match what you like
>>
I didn't see this episode. Did it anger nerds by having Bart be born in 2005 and growing up in the "early 10s"?
>>
>>78174068
Its crap its all crap now
>>
>>78174068

It wasn't terrible to the same degree as most modern Simpsons episodes are, which I guess is the best you can hope for in this day and age.
>>
>>78175261
Yes, I agree, I have quite frankly lost all hope for this show. I only watched it because I try to watch all the new episodes that /co/ likes to talk about, wich is usually how awfull they are.

But this episode wasn't that bad, but its still dogshit. Almost as if it is trying not to but failing miserably
>>
>>78175236
Yes, fuck that noise.
>>
Did ya know it took twelve years to make?

But seriously it was pretty pathetic. A desperate attempt to ride Boyhoods coattails with cheap crude humor although I did like seeing the kids actually grow up for once and change over time
>>
>>78174911
Because people liked it when Randy Marsh did it and we're at the point where The Simpsons writing staff consists of Family Guy rejects ripping off the other animated comedies.
>>
>>78174632
Home smoking weed at the party with Chef Wiggum was fucking retarded but him at the end just saying to Bart "You're drunk and l'm stoned" during a sweet moment pissed me off. Like what you said, seeing a wholesome character like Homer being all BLAZE IT LMAO out of no where felt dirty
>>
>>78174964
I had the exact same feeling.
>>
File: Face slap.jpg (21 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
Face slap.jpg
21 KB, 512x384
>Parodying a fad gimmick film that's nearly 2 years old now
>Homer is smoking weed with a cop in his daughter's room, Seth Rogen would be proud
>OK, now Bart and Grandpa are close all of a sudden
>Homer is an ass to Bart, half ass attempts to make it up and in the end they're cool cause they're drunk and stoned on the grass
>lt's another lets sucks Lisa's dick episode
>All the same future jokes we've seen before, Bart's a loser, Milhouse is a bulklet, Maggie still never talks, Lisa is super successful
>Homer bleeding out his ear gross out jokes
Good to see the Simpsons is back on track
>>
>>78175997
They should just stop with the future episodes already, we already know what every character is going to be like in the future
>>
Does Bart still have the two sons?
>>
Needed Lisa's feet
>>
As somebody who hasn't recalled seeing a current episode of the show since 2008, should I bother watching this one? I've been seeing and hearing about it nonstop all day, moreso than any the past 7 years.
>>
>>78175025
The building demolisher thing was tied to the supreme court future too. iirc he goes he's working through all of his aggression before going into Law school
>>
File: 1422793316764.jpg (18 KB, 261x271) Image search: [Google]
1422793316764.jpg
18 KB, 261x271
It took twelve years to make.
>>
>>78174632
Reminder that marge grows weed.
>>
>>78174068
What did they ever do about Harry Shearer(?) leaving the show?
>>
Are these fox shows supposed to make me laught or no? I feel like they should but they don't, family guy doesn't, american dad's final season didn't, bobs burgers hasn't since season 3, south park hasn't since the black friday season, I guess season before last, Archer hasn't made me laugh since season 4.
*sigh*
>>
>>78174911
>Now

This isn't the first episode to show him smoking pot.
>>
It was stupid. Really stupid. It had the pretence of emotion by riding on the coattail of a critically acclaimed movie and miming it's emotional beats, but also committed the cardinal sin of most terrible Simpsons episodes of not being funny.

It had no catharsis for any character aside from Bart, and really fucked with homer, I don't think he's ever been farther from well-meaning but irresponsible father.
>>
>>78174659
Aww man, how many years will weed have to be mainstream before they stop depicting marijuana as a hallucinogen? Jeez, even most baby boomers have to have tried it in the 60s or 70s, so they should know better, right?

I mean, I get that animators LOVE a trip sequence because it really gives them a chance to stretch their cartooning muscles and writers love it because it's a couple minutes they don't have to write jokes for, but couldn't they at least show the characters taking ACTUAL hallucinogens beforehand? I can only think of South Park (the episode where Mr. Mackey gets fired), Beavis & Butthead (the scene in the movie where Beavis has a peyote trip animated by Rob Zombie) and Perfect Hair Forever, where they explicitly just have the characters take LSD and advice the audience to do the same.

Maybe the most irritating example tho for me was Shenhua's pothead partner/drive from Black Lagoon, who was WAY too hyper to just be doing weed, constantly hallucinated shit while shouting out pop culture references, and then was written out by being COMMITTED because he smoked one bowl too many "and didn't come down"? I mean, c'mon Rei Hiroe, you of all people should be a big enough fan of western fiction to know better, even if weed is treated in the east the way "the Yellow Devil's Opium" used to be in the west.
>>
>>78174500
what the fuck are sherri and terri supposed to be?
are they the same yellow/white people but just really pale or some sort of asian or what
>>
>>78176089
>>78176039
y should just age up the characters properly in the main episodes.
>>
>>78174068
What episode do you believe marked the shift from "classic simpsons" to "neo simpsons"?

For me, pic related.
>>
>>78174650
Oddly? That was steamy.
>>
>>78177673
>>78179421
Gave him more money and he came back
>>
>>78175922
>>78175997
It gets quite boring and predictable but I was waiting for bulklet MIlhouse to appear and part of me wanted Lisa to end up with him, because of the ol' couch gag, but they did that with Nelson, again.

Really, this episode made me see how shit todays SImpsons writers are. Almostas if they are running with the fame that previous good future episodes.
>>
>>78183114
They also made blucklet Milhouse a born again for no reason other for that 3 second joke at the party
>>
I thought it was overall really good. The weed jokes weren't good and unnecessary but most of the show was pretty funny. Much better what I expected of late Simpsons.

Also would've liked hints that Bart ends up on the Supreme Court but that's dumb and pointless to bitch about.

are there muh continuity people?

fuck them[, cmon/spoiler]
>>
>>78174500
I really enjoyed this part of the episode for... reasons. anyone got a gif/webm?
>>
>>78176506
Its pretty much the same ol' future Simpsons episodes we've been given a long all these years. Same ol' gags, same ol' future episode shit.

Very boring and unsatisfying, I tought for sure this episode would be more entertaining hell I watched it stoned since screencap of Barts mural here on /co/ a couple of weeks ago, and even that couldn't save it from being unfunny and just, plain, shit.
>>
>>78176506
Nope. You should give the Halloween episode from a month or so a watch tho. Not the Treehouse of Horrors, the episode before that.
>>
I don't give a fuck what any of these future episodes say, Bart does not wind up a divorced loser. He becomes Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.
>>
>>78183235
Yes I was being a bit sarcastic when I mentioned that but I personally did enjoy some of the future episodes, even thought they are terrible.
>>
>>78183772
She was a one time gag.
Even thought she appeared in like another episodes I think?

I also think shes mentioned in another episode and that's all I remember
>>
>>78183825
Not only has she shown up multiple times, but like the octuplets, she's now older than Maggie.
>>
>>78183216
Better be a webm with sound, you don't wanna miss on her squeals of pleasure
>>
>>78174911
It's better than him being a fuckin drunk.
>>
>>78183947
Yet she's never been on a future episode ts almost like she's a couch gag, and they've shown Apu's children grown up but only for a small unfunny gag.
>>
File: 1442856651632.jpg (93 KB, 658x640) Image search: [Google]
1442856651632.jpg
93 KB, 658x640
>>78174068
i don't know why it took me so long to realize this epidose was a parody of the movie boyhood

i only got it when bart and homer talked about it at the end of the episode
>>
File: 1449677323526.png (90 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1449677323526.png
90 KB, 300x300
>>78174500
so that's how parties should be when you are 15
>>
>>78174356
Every future episode is still part of a future where Bart becomes a Supreme Court Justice.
>>
File: that sweet money.png (1 MB, 1183x954) Image search: [Google]
that sweet money.png
1 MB, 1183x954
>>78179144
When they started having real life products in the show. It was just so obvious they put them in there just to earn some extra cash.

>But, Dad, you gotta tell her. She's been buying brand-name groceries.
>Brands like "Miser's Choice" and "Day-Old Delights"?
>No, things rich people buy, like Campbell's soup and Pepsodent.

Followed by pic related.
>>
File: 5052689507_f3d629b0e4_b.jpg (228 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
5052689507_f3d629b0e4_b.jpg
228 KB, 1024x640
>>78185164
Whenever i see an ad in Simpsons, my brain read it loud and slowly.
>>
File: Tien shocked.jpg (23 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Tien shocked.jpg
23 KB, 320x240
>>78184417

Goku I know you have brain damage, but come on man, the episode was called "Barthood"
>>
>>78185164
>>78185198
In past seasons you would see some kind of funny name change or pun...
>>
>>78175922
Homer smoking has been done before
and Bart has been fairly close with Grandpa

but yeah for some reason it felt shoehorned in the episode, same with Bart being an artist

it could have been a lot better, but then again so could have Boyhood been
>>
>>78183452
all the future episodes are apparently all canon in someway
Bart's end goal will always be Chief Justice
>>
>>78185720
The last time Homer was blazing it, it was at least for medicinal purposes.
>>
>>78174142
heheh
>>
>>78185893
Being a flat out drunk to the point where it puts a strain on his relationship with his family is fine, but weed is going too far, I know you're a friendless virgin with no weed connections and are unable to see for yourself that pot ain't shit, but you're probably out of high school by now, time to spit up that D.A.R.E. Kool-aid.
>>
>>78186181
Defensive stone, l occasionally do weed to but this was just pure forced DUDE HOMER BLAZING IT WITH A COP IN HIS DAUGHTERS ROOM LMAO. Homer also has never been shown to be a grovey stoner either. At least his alcoholism is treated with a kind of serious note in episodes like Duffless and the Space Coyote episode. This was taking an established wholesome character and showing him to be a DUDE LMAO. There's nothing wrong with weird but having people who normally wouldn't light up for a cheap laugh is shitting on Homer's character
>>
>>78186181
it feels off because Homer is an alcoholic not a stoner.
if they wanted to show that Homer was still a wreck even when Bart was a Teen they should have made him still flat drunk
>>
>>78186395
>>78186438
I guess they could've dealt with it better. I mean we've seen Homer smoking a joint, being hight before, yet it felt so out of character.

At first i saw Homer with the bong and said, oh boy! I hope they both have some hits andsome what bond over this, but all we got was Wiggum also sharing the bong with Homer instead.

It didn't help that Wiggum went on a lousy unfunny trip and Bart being a whiny bitch.
>>
I'm fine with this episode if it means that BartxSherrixTerri can finally be canon.
>>
>>78187385
someone please turn this into loss.jpg
>>
Assuming they did do a permanent time skip of anywhere from two to five years and decided to drop the gag of Maggie not speaking, who do you think they'd cast to voice Maggie?
>>
>>78190259
I personally would like either Jessica DiCicco or Nika Futterman.
>>
>>78185362
You doing it wrong anon!

>the Funtendo Zii
>Sorny
>Cirque Du Boobie

Only South Park gets to use actual real names as long as they use shitty logos
>>
>>78190259
Probably Tress McNeil or Nancy Cartwright
>>
Wonder if Homer is a sativa man or a indica person...
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.