[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys can I get your help on this? My girlfriend wants to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 1394089100614.jpg (672 KB, 820x707) Image search: [Google]
1394089100614.jpg
672 KB, 820x707
Hey guys can I get your help on this? My girlfriend wants to start reading wonder woman. I don't really know many good wonder woman stories any recommendations that I could pick up for her as a Christmas present?
>>
>>78172947
>girlfriend
Do you often go on Internet and lie?
>>
Wonder Woman (2011) by Chiang and Azarello. The first volume is called Vol. 1: Blood.
>>
>>78173001
Thanks is there anything else you could recommend?
>>
>>78173044
I'm not an expert, that's just where the current incarnation of the character came from and I enjoyed it.
>>
>>78173044
the 2011 WW series is a good place for a new reader to get going on Wonder Woman. The first arc is 35 issues and it's damn good, and doesn't crossover with the rest of the DC universe so it's easy to get into even if you're a total comics newb.
>>
File: WWE1v1_CASE_LARGE.jpg (307 KB, 880x1339) Image search: [Google]
WWE1v1_CASE_LARGE.jpg
307 KB, 880x1339
yea, go with the Azzarello run... especially with that Kratos/WW pic, which pretty much sums up that run

also Morrisons Wonder Woman Earth One, which comes out in a few months
>>
File: 1424421099094.png (472 KB, 600x441) Image search: [Google]
1424421099094.png
472 KB, 600x441
>>78173044
Here's the issue with Wonder Woman; no writer ever really nailed down how to write her in a definitive way, so damn near every decade had a very different Wondie. Including her villains and supporting cast.

So...there's good runs, and they have starts. But you should really mention why she wants to get into Wondie, and if she cares about a complete picture or wants to be current. That would help us come up with what exactly you want.

Current run, as >>78173001 said, is good. But it went really dark, and was far more Sandman than superhero at many parts. It also kind of altered many of the other "Wonder Woman" characters in drastic ways, so someone going in would get a totally different version of Cheetah and Hades than any other work. It also ended kinda suddenly, and then turned to complete shit when a different team took over which was very sudden and very jarring.
>>
>>78173376
Show her this article.
http://comicsalliance.com/best-wonder-woman-stories-by-decade/

Despite CA usually being trash, that's actually a very good description of Wonder Woman eras. Buy/download her whichever ones sound the most appealing.
>>
Wonder Woman: The Hiketeia
http://www.amazon.com/Wonder-Woman-Hiketeia-Greg-Rucka/dp/1563899140
>>
>>78173376
>I love Everyone
Interestingly, I was just reading about the ancient Greek word for love, and this is actually a concept. It's called "Agape" or selfless love.
>>
>>78173577
That's a damn good one.
OP, buy her that one.
>>
>>78173623
Never understood the love for Hiketeia. Everyone was uncharacteristically unreasonable
>>
>>78173680
Exactly.
Just like in Greek urn-mangos.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.