[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gift for special needs kid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: 1443183971524.jpg (85 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1443183971524.jpg
85 KB, 960x960
/CO/ I'm a secret santa to a guy who is 21, but has the intelligence of a 14-15 year old. He likes boobs, action, and slapstick. The problem is that the comic I'd like to get him should contain SIMPLE dialogue. This guy is a gentle giant, sadly, he's also mentally handicapped. He can read, but can't comprehend items someone like Alan Moore might throw into a comic.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

I've been considering Bone, but even that is heavy on dialogue. Thoughts?
>>
>>78170863
How's he feel about gratuitous violence?
>>
There's a Marvel character that's actually named Slapstick. I read a bit of it when it was storytimed here, it was pretty entertaining.
>>
>>78170916
>How's he feel about gratuitous violence?

He's fine with that. He loved the Spiderman movies, Avengers, and loves Teen Wolf on MTV.
>>
>>78170967
>There's a Marvel character that's actually named Slapstick. I read a bit of it when it was storytimed here, it was pretty entertaining.

This guy actually looks like fun. I might check it out for myself. Not sure how the kid would feel for this.
>>
>>78170863
>He likes boobs, action, and slapstick
Red Sonja, Conan or Vampirella maybe? Or Judge Dredd for something legit good. You could also get him the movie if he hasn't seen that.
>>
>>78170863

Daniel Way Deadpool.
Anything by Bendis.
If you really want to blow his mind, get some Grant Morrison works, he might find it good.
>>
>>78170863
>intelligence of a 14-15 year old
>likes boobs, action, and slapstick
>the comic I'd like to get him should contain SIMPLE dialogue

New 52 Harley Quinn is what you want. Retards love it.
>>
>>78170989

Deathstroke. Get him the box that has the mask
>>
How about Lobo? It's damn fine parody and genuinely funny, but doesn't require much to get the joke.

Not to belittle the work, but I feel someone with learning disabilities could enjoy Lobo just as much as someone without.

Just go with the most recent trade of the earlier Giffen/Grant minis.
>>
>>78171815
>Not to belittle the work, but I feel someone with learning disabilities could enjoy Lobo just as much as someone without.

I'd say they would enjoy it more
>>
>>78171784
This and
>>78171815

Are solid choices. Personally, I like both for what they are. If you're looking for something a little more mainstream that he may be into, I say Daniel Way Deadpool is pretty good as well.
>>
>>78171148
I think Bendis is definitely the way to go, for once. Quick snappy dialogue, heavy on action scenes and reusing panels.

Justice League International could be good too since it's full of comedy and action too.
>>
do you know if he likes BTAS? They've recently reprinted a lot of the old tie-in comics to the show from the 90s into fairly good-sized trades.
>>
>>78170863
>who is 21, but has the intelligence of a 14-15 year old
does that count as mentally handicapped or just dumb/uneducated
>>
>>78170863
anything by Dan Slott or Ken Penders since they all suffer from mental retardation
>>
There's the Gustavo Duarte comics like Monsters & Có, if he digs visual slapstick comedy.
>>
>>78170863
How about Tintin? Pretty straightforward most of the time, good action all around, fanservice light but always good for a read.

Asterix and Obelix in a similar vein. In fact, it'd probably be better, as it doesn't have as complex dialogue.
>>
>>78170863
>is 21, but has the intelligence of a 14-15 year old.
Sounds like the average /co/ poster... Unless they are actually 14-15 years old browsing 4chan. They wouldn't do it would they? There is a warning in the main page.
>>
I know I am being an Animefag here, but you could try Fist Of The North Star.
>>
>>78170863
Bomb Queen. It's shit, but he won't be able to tell.
>>
File: r8zt2.jpg (279 KB, 800x1195) Image search: [Google]
r8zt2.jpg
279 KB, 800x1195
>>78170863
Spidey Super Stories
>>
>>78170863
>This guy is a gentle giant
we3 by morrison
>>
>>78175207

Stop that.
>>
File: danger-girl-03-7.jpg (357 KB, 800x1247) Image search: [Google]
danger-girl-03-7.jpg
357 KB, 800x1247
Danger Girl
>>
>>78170863
TO DEFEAT THE HUNS
DID THEY SEND ME DAUGHTERS, WHEN I ASKED FOR SONS?
YOU'RE THE SADDEST BUNCH I EVER MET, BUT YOU CAN BET BEFORE WE'RE THROUGH
MISTER I'LL MAKE A MAN OUT OF YOU
>>
>>78170863
How about Andre the Giant? Too much? Bit deeper than others.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.