[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Harley Quinn worth reading? Any books you suggest?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 640x624) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 640x624
Is Harley Quinn worth reading? Any books you suggest?
>>
How would using a light saber like that even work?
>>
>>78169334
>Is Harley Quinn worth reading?
The new stuff? I'd stay away from it . . . the humor is repetitive and drawn out. Beyond that, Harley is kind of just lazing around. She doesn't actually do anything.
>>
>>78169334
If you want to read Harley I suggest reading:
Gotham City Sirens
Harley & Ivy
Harley Quinn (Karl Kesel run)
Batman Adventures (v1-v2)
Gotham Adventures
Injustice Gods Among Us
>>
>>78169433
gut's_greatsword/cloud's_sword.jpg
>>
>>78169334
Stay away from New52 Harley. Total garbage in terms of writing.
>>
File: 1438049430944.gif (3 MB, 230x204) Image search: [Google]
1438049430944.gif
3 MB, 230x204
>>78170421
>actually recommending Injustice

Why? I don't care how decent Harley is in that, it doesn't outweigh the rest of that trainwreck.
>>
>>78169334
Not really, no. She's okay as a supporting side character in Injustice: Gods Among Us Year Whatever, but Nu52 Harley has nothing going for her that you can't get from some other female protagonist series.
>>
>>78169433
It'd be pretty good for combing the desert.
>>
Just watch BTAS honestly
>>
>>78174997
none of the other dc females are funny though
>>
>>78175131
Neither is Harley
>>
>>78169334
not worth reading
>>
>>78169334
Your Mileage varies. For every great moment there is allot of bad. The artwork goes from decent to bad. Conner doesn't draw it, and Palmiotti, or however you spell his dumb name, has Harley at her most unbearably grating. I'd recommend you read No. 1 because the art talent is stunning. The first issue of Black book Conner actually does half the artwork. If you are coming to this from Power girl I suggest Harley 11-13 and PG Harley 1-6 as a good transition point to see if you like the tone. I tried but like with allot of things, Harley got popular and those people ruined her.
>>
>>78170421
Tec too, you forgot she was the feature character in three issues. Dini really did some great work there. Her helping batman, not because she likes him but because she hated the new ventriloquist dishonoring wesker.
>>
>>78175131
Starfire, Arkham Academy
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.