[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright what were the worst and best seasons of the series ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9
File: header.jpg (135 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
135 KB, 460x215
Alright what were the worst and best seasons of the series ?
>>
>>78168451
2 and 3 respectively, IMO.
>>
The best season was the videogame.
>>
3 > 1 > 4 > 2
>>
>>78168451
You're not gonna get any other answers than >>78168551
>>
all seasons had some level of bad
3 was the least
4 & 1 tie to me because at least 4 gave her some fucking consequences
2 was just godawful
>>
>>78168451

3 > 1 > 4 > 2.

2A > 3K >= 3A > 1K > 1A > 4K > 2K.
>>
3 despite some flaws (some of the beifong shit, airbender shit) was hype as fuck, had great fight scenes, pretty great villains, ended fantastically
4 had a hype as fuck first half, shit second half
1 had a hype as fuck middle, but a shit first few episodes and shit pay off.
2 had pretty entertaining comedy sub plots like whatever Bolin or Varrick were doing, two good episodes of lore an everything else was absolute SHIT. It was filled with some of the worst writing in the series
>>
>>78168451
3 > 1 > garbage > 4 > shit > 2
>>
File: 1339466869404.jpg (81 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1339466869404.jpg
81 KB, 1280x720
Season 1 had the best fucking atmosphere of the series. The story kind of drops dead toward the end, and a lot of folks didn't care for how they played the teenage romance, but the fucking shots of the city and the intro to the newworld left a strong impression on me.

Worst was Season/Book 4, the whole thing felt like it just flew by and the ending came out of nowhere (the lesbo shit aside, although that felt like it was out of left field too). It didn't feel much like a 'grand finale' it felt more like 'we gotta get this over with for some arbitrary reason'.

End result is that I don't watch LoK at all anymore though, lackluster series overall.
>>
I see a lot of people like the 3rd season. I liked it as well but thought the best season was the first. Do most people like the 3rd season because of Zaheer??
>>
>>78171899
The third season is the best because it's the most focused. It also had the best fights and the least bullshit finale.
>>
>>78171899
I like it because the action was brilliant throughout. The Red Lotus' bending was way more exciting than that of pro-bending.
>>
Yeah agreed, the best fight scene I think was with Tenzin against Zaheer and his comrades. If it was one on one Tenzin would've destroyed Zaheer. He was already holding his own for a bit against three of them
>>
>>78168451
3>4>1>2

I'd rate the first season higher for Tarrlok and Amon, but it was the season that introduced the love triangle, and I was disappointed at how quickly the Equalist conflict and loss of abilities were resolved.
>>
>>78168451
2 and 3 as the other anons said.

I tend to go 3 > 4 > 1 > 2 as I feel like the love triangle really dragged down the first season and Amon turning out to be such a hypocrite and the ending in general just eats at my view of the season.

4 does have it's faults. The mech was weird in the setting even though i did rather like it's fight and it in general, and there were some pacing issues. Kinda feel like the ending wrapped up the show well enough.
>>78171874
>was out of left field too
As someone who was expecting a friendship end, I really have to ask how the fuck did you not see how the relationship came about. It was fairly clear since the start of S3 that Korra and Asami were getting much closer and S3's end and S4's beginning were indications it could go deeper. I mean it being a Nick show and all is understandable why you'd think it wouldn't happen but I refuse to believe that you don't understand what buildup there was.
>>
File: tumblr_ns2dexZcpL1ub2ht9o1_1280.jpg (443 KB, 700x1020) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ns2dexZcpL1ub2ht9o1_1280.jpg
443 KB, 700x1020
>>78172100
Seconded.
4 had a lot less cringe worthy romance bullshit and a lot more Korra actually trying to get her shit together.

Also no Blitzball.
Also they didn't devote much time to Kuvira's generic sobstory the same way they ruined Amon.
>>
>>78171874
Season 1 had a weird feeling that it took place at like a very limited number of locations though (airtemple, coucil, stadium, generic industrial backdrop). And everything else was just a pretty, but flat watercolor painting.

The city didn't really come to life for me in S1 at all.
>>
The prequel seasons were better
>>
>>78172275
>atla
>prequel
you wot.

Also water was a pretty weak season in comparison to the other two.
>>
>>78171899
The Red Lotus where the best part. It was a shame we never saw more of them interacting.
>>
>>78172222
>4 had a lot less cringe worthy romance bullshit and a lot more Korra actually trying to get her shit together.
For all the complaints I hear about Korra, I actually did appreciate how her character development came to a head in the final fight more than it did with Aang's
>>
>>78168451
Looking back, I'm a bit disappointed in the direction the series went. Season 1 had some interesting and fun concepts that mixed the world of bending we knew with more modern culture and technology, but as the series we went on, we saw less and less of that until the stories started feeling like they could have easily taken place during the time of The Last Airbender.

Also, major credit to the show for the shortened intro after episode 1 and the radio-style recaps. They made binge-watching Legend of Korra so much less tedious than when I went through the entirety of TLA.
>>
>>78172187
>As someone who was expecting a friendship end, I really have to ask how the fuck did you not see how the relationship came about.
Because most normal people don't apply yuri goggles expecting them to be canon.
PLEASE don't act like it was expected, it was so out of left field 4chan and tumblr both shat themselves and Bryke had to clarify because of the massive shitstorm of "are they suddenly gay now?"

I mean, even in the recap episode they spent a third of the episode reminiscing on Makorra, then another third of Korra and Asami platonically as fuck drinking tea.

It's pretty clear Bryke was going for the alone End, especially since that one Storyboard artist said they changed the ending shot.
>>
>>78172222
>a lot more Korra actually trying to get her shit together.
And failing miserably. It was just Korra jobbing the whole fucking time until the last minute where she just fights Kuvira to a draw in a cool but meaningless fistfight.
>>
>>78172222
Instead they ruined her by making her suddenly hitler.
>>
>>78172385
>she just fights Kuvira to a draw in a cool but meaningless fistfight.
I disagree. Korra had to make the conscious choice to save Kuvira and try to see things from her perspective before it was over. Say what you will about the execution of it, but they did aim to end with something more than just another beat down.
>>
>>78172370
I didn't expect it to become canon. I just said that, and that third of an ep on Makorra was spent shitting on it and Mako for being a tool. Not to mention S2's end and S3's beginning sinking that ship right down to be tucked up the titanic's ass.

I'm not saying it's well handled, but a little hindsight should have at least be enough to make you see Bryke's thought process on how the relationship progressed.

Also tumblr and 4chan shit themselves over all sorts of retardation. So it's not usually a reason to give a fuck about something.
>>
File: 1429734037788.jpg (240 KB, 540x972) Image search: [Google]
1429734037788.jpg
240 KB, 540x972
>>78172385
The point is that it's a lot less frustrating to watch a character ACTIVELY trying to progress and solve her problems and try to do her job, than it is to follow somebody who plainly refuses to develop and actually manages to regress by the end of the season.

S4 Korra is still a moron and still a jobber.
But at least we don't have WHY DOESN'T SEMPAI NOTICE ME! and EVERYONE ELSE IS TO BLAME! scenes.

She seems like the sort of person you could actually hang out with.
>>
>>78172400
>not having a fascist waifu

I'm guessing there could have been more subtle ways to show that she was bad news.
However at least people aren't going KUVIRA WAS RIGHT like they did with Amon.
>>
>>78168451
Best seasons were 1 and 3.
S2 had the Wu episode but that's the only good thing about it.
S4 was okay.
>>
>>78172580
I was for half of the season honestly. It was obvious they were going to go somewhere more villainous with her, but I still preferred her to Wu.
>>
File: tumblr_nooptq68ww1qggkzoo1_1280.png (199 KB, 569x839) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nooptq68ww1qggkzoo1_1280.png
199 KB, 569x839
>>78172616
Given how it was still a kids show, that stuff was pretty weak though.
>They put us in camps!
>To do what exactly?
>...
>...
>They put us in camps!
>>
File: 1413672386066.gif (190 KB, 250x166) Image search: [Google]
1413672386066.gif
190 KB, 250x166
>>78172501
>than it is to follow somebody who plainly refuses to develop and actually manages to regress by the end of the season.
Why are you talking about Aang? This is a Korra thread.
>>
>>78172646
Gotta get that child labor anon. Liberation doesn't pay for itself.
>>
>>78172646
sauce?
>>
>>78172222
>4 had a lot less cringe worthy romance bullshit
Yeah, Opal AND Varrick were cringey as fuck, shut up.
>>
>>78172501
Yeah for all the built Korra up for being a great fighter but poor in the spiritual sense, she really sucked ass in combat too often for my tastes. Hell I don't even recall Aang really getting fucked up all that much outside of training, that one time when Zuko rescues him, Azula murdering his ass, and hist fight with Ozai before the magic rock.

Also the Avatar state was criminally underused. Especially since S3's finale used it so fucking well.
>>
>>78172814
Varrick and Zhu Li were fine. Had more enjoyable moments than the love triangle that wouldn't die at least.
>>
File: Korra 93.gif (945 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
Korra 93.gif
945 KB, 500x400
>>78168451
All IMO
>Best
1 & 3. The first few episodes of 1 are so much fun and great. It made me excited for this show. I mean it was such a great, fun concept! 1920's culture through the lens of Eastern culture? What's not to get behind? They even did a good job of making Korra a polar opposite of Aang. And Season 1 had a pretty solid theme of modernization. What most people dislike is the second half of season 1, which is understandable. The ending almost sunk the entire franchise, really. So many people jumped ship in those final scenes.

3 is just generally solid, though contains many of the weaknesses that have consistently plagued the show. The Red Lotus were good villains, but that's all I could really say about it.

>Worst
2, hands down. Even the best episodes and moments of those seasons: the Wan episodes, the Bolin fight scene, Varrick, Bolin being a "Mover" star, could be considered having retcons or just pointless. The rest of the season contains the worst Korra has to offer such as:
>Korra believing Unaloq even though Unaloq is obviously evil
>Spirits basically contributing nothing
>Tenzin and Korra's Dad are assholes that locked Korra up for little to no reason
>Mako is a slut
>Asami is demoted from her role of Appa to Used Goods
>Korra and Mako don't work out, making neither of them look good
>Eska and Desna basically contributing nothing
>Varrick becoming wasted potential
>Dark Avatar
>How the Dark Avatar is resolved
>That terrible animation in the first half of Season 2

While Season 4 left a sour taste in everyone's mouth, Season 2 is by far more shit.
>>
File: Korra 10.gif (132 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Korra 10.gif
132 KB, 500x500
>>78172814
Did Bolin and Opal even wind up getting together? All I remember is them spending a shocking amount of time in Varrick's and Zhu Li's romance and redemption. I didn't mind the romance, it was a little annoying at times, but I did mind their redemption after they almost cause WWII. Oh, and Opal chewing out Bolin constantly in Season 4
>>
>>78168451
Worst seasons? All of them.

Seriously the show was utter shit.

UTTER SHIT!

Those who like this show literally have zero taste and probably think the fedora is the ultimate fashion statement.

And they probably are married and have kids or some shit. Fucking normies....
>>
>>78172501
Korra, even by the end of the series, think she didn't screw up. How can she fix try to fix her mistakes if she doesnt even believed it to be her fault?
>>
>>78171854
Pretty much this.
>>
>>78172465
Not him, but after rewatching the series after it ended the lesbo ending still makes no sense because it isn't built up at all during book 3 or 4. It was tacked on at the end for whatever reason and a storyboard artist confirmed that he had not seen that shot before it happened live.

So while they grow closer as friends, there is a complete lack of romantic development, and i don't trust anyone who says they saw it coming, because there's no way they could have.
>>
>>78172501
For me she just turned into a bland version of Aang in the end, trying to sound spiritual witht the "i deserved it so i could learn" bullshit. I'd much rather hang out with Korra in season 1 or 3 than at the end of 4.
>>
>>78168451
Each has its problem

Season 1:
>Too much time spent on the pro-bending which adds nothing to the story besides showing how bending had changed which could have been done without having to spend entire episodes devoted to pro-bending
>Korra was always right regardless
>Pretty much says "fuck you" to the established cannon on how bending works
>Amon became less interesting when he turned out to just be a bloodbender instead of something unique

Season 2:
>Drama between characters for the sake of needing drama between characters
>that stupid background story about the first avatar
>10,000 years of recorded human civilization and they're only now firebenders started creating motorized vehicles 80 years ago from the present time of Korra
>wants people and spirits to live together but the spirits are the biggest assholes
>Korra and the spirits are as stupid as Anakin at being so easily manipulated by an obviously evil person
>Korra forces the spirit world and human world to merge again without caring about the consequences

Season 3:
>Air benders pop up because "balance to the world" but it's never explained beyond that
>Strawman argument of order vs anarchy
>The villains get little to no background story when it's really needed to explain their motivations besides Zaheer's junior high level interpretations of an Airbender
>For some reason they had to say that Aang wasn't a good dad because he apparently pressured Tenzin as a child to uphold the ways of the Air nomads and ignored his other kids
>Everything with Suyin and her being an irredeemable piece of shit
>Varrick doesn't get put back in jail after escaping in season 2 seeing how he still needs to pay for his crimes
>>
>>78175972
Season 4:

>Kuvira goes from a nobody in season 3 to fucking Hitler/Stalin
>That bullshit with Toph and Lin
>Varricks suddenly has ethics when he makes the spirit weapon but had no fucking problem funding a civil war and attempted assassination two seasons previously
>The spirits telling Korra to fuck off and refused to defend republic city saying it's a "human" issue but have no problem squatting there and doing whatever the want
>Suyin forgiving her son after everything he said and did to them but treating Kuvira, who she viewed as a daughter, like a monster when her son developed that fucking giant robot and spirit canon
>That stupid "they were lesbians the whole time" cop out ending
>>
>>78175972
>10,000 years of recorded human civilization and they're only now firebenders started creating motorized vehicles 80 years ago from the present time of Korra
Isn't this pretty much how real world is?
>>
>>78176053
We have 5,000 years of recorded history and did far more technologically without being able to bend the elements. In all logical sense they should have some pretty amazing technology when combining the two.
>>
>>78176077
Well, I'm not actually sure how much recorded stuff they actually have. I mean, they almost don't remember lion turtles and Wan.

It's also conceivable that reliance on human resources is what stunted their growth into truly energy-insentive areas.
>>
>>78176139
But there's so many thing they could do with bending. Like why wasn't that rail system in Ba Sing Se, implemented throughout the whole earth kingdom? They had enough earth benders. Why did the fire nation not have any projectile weaponry but developed internal combustion engines? Logically those would have come first on a tech scale. Why didn't the Northern water tribe have any water based technology? You can do so much with moving water. It took them to the time of Korra to realize benders could do a lot more than just fight. Really the world of avatar should be much more advanced than ours.
>>
3>4>1>2
>>
>>78172580
The issue with Kuvira as a villain was really just that it was entirely informed villainy at first and then suddenly maximum Stalin.
>>
>>78176077
>5,000 years of recorded history
what do you consider 'recorded history'?
>>
I don't remember anything from this show other than Korra entering the city and when masky got BTFO on that boat.

Oh and when that kid became a butterfly(?) out of nowhere to save the day for no good reason. wasn't there a robot?

this show was a mess
>>
>>78175530
This, the only indication we get of any budding relationship between Korra and Asami is that Korra only writes Asami letters and stops sending any to Bolin and Mako, because she thinks Asami will understand her and the boys won't for reasons that are never articulated.
>>
>>78168451

Worst to Meh

2 ->4 ->1 ->3
>>
Is S2 at least worth watching? I skipped it
>>
>>78176641
Varrick and Bolin are pure gold in the middle episodes but yeah, now that you mention it you can kind of just blank on it and not really lose much.
>>
>Amon actually has genuine spirit powers, same as Aang at the end of the previous series.
>Season 2 has Korra, after beating him, trace the origin of those powers. No Dark Avatar shit needed; there's an evil spirit behind it and defeating him requires her to get in touch with her spiritual side better
>Season 3 happens as normal, but Zaheer doesn't suddenly try to kill the Airbenders for no reason
>Kuvira's rise to power is part of a Red Lotus conspiracy to further destabilise the region, proving their anarchist point to the world

Does that generally fix the problems with the series?
>>
>>78176641
*skip S02*
- who the hell was the idiot that screwed up the world by letting spirits out?
*watches S02*
- oh..
>>
>>78176878
>rises to power
>anarchist
wat?
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.