[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Hero vs. Hero so popular? I mean, most of the time, they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Civil_War_Fight.jpg (746 KB, 2000x1265) Image search: [Google]
Civil_War_Fight.jpg
746 KB, 2000x1265
Why is Hero vs. Hero so popular?

I mean, most of the time, they don't actually have the heroes truly harm another hero to the point that they die or lose an limb, and we know that both Batman v Superman and Civil War will just end with everyone on the same side with no harm, no foul. So why the hell do so many fans out there get so excited about the idea of Hero vs. Hero if nothing of consequence will come from it?
>>
>The character that i am a fan of is better than the character you are a fan of.

No, the character that I am a fan of is better than the character YOU are a fan of.

>My character is stonger and more skilled than your character.

No, my character is stronger and more skilled, and your character is weak and very flawed.

>If the situation were to occur where my character and your character were in fisticuffs, my character would become victorious, because he is stronger.

You are wrong.

>I am right. You are wrong.

It would be convenient if the owners of our characters were to demonstrate the aforementioned situation in a popular form of media. Only then, will we truly know which of our favored characters would be victorious.

This is that i think.
>>
Allows them to cram in more popular heroes into the story to get more people to read it.
>>
More people care about heroes than villains.

It's the same reason why most comics reuse the same handful of villains over and over. Doom, Red Skull, Magneto, Green Goblin, Ultron, Loki, plus a handful of second tier guys. Meanwhile, People lose their shit if their favorite X-Man isn't in every X-Men comic.

Just skip the villains and make way more people happy even if the story is total shit.
>>
>>78168221
bullseye is a hero?
>>
>>78170075
no, he's on the villain side
>>
>>78170100
Then why is with heroes on ironman's side. He's right behind the green glowing guy
>>
>>78168221

Let me put it this way OP,

Heroes, contrary to villains, are constantly winning. Sure they come up against issues that are temporarily insurmountable but eventually they overcome.

People care about hero vs hero more than hero vs villain because it's the allure of watching an unstoppable force hit an immovable object.

We all know Batman will stop the Joker and Superman will trump Luthor, but when Batman and Superman fight? Shit it could go either way, and that's what people want to see. Yea they'll be buddies again at some point but you can bet that fight will be damn good entertainment compared to bashing the usual villain.
>>
>>78168221
Not that the reasons others have given are wrong but to expand on a point you made I think a big part really is just editorial/authorial laziness, with hero vs. villain you need some sort of real resolution to the story, with hero vs. hero they can just fight until they decide they're friends again and go back to the status quo without any real work on your part
>>
>>78170191
This is really faulty logic. You're saying Hero vs Villain is boring because we know they'll eventually win, when the same thing could be said about Hero vs Hero eventually settling their differences.
>>
>>78170409
Yea I suppose that's fair. Maybe what I'm trying to get at is that I expect the writing/action to be more well thought out?

Obviously the conclusion is a return to the status quo either way, unless we're talking elseworld stuff. Difference is the heroes 'should' have a more interesting road to that end?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.