[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this Movie , Overreated ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 3
File: Who-Framed-Roger-Rabbit.jpg (665 KB, 1378x1378) Image search: [Google]
Who-Framed-Roger-Rabbit.jpg
665 KB, 1378x1378
Is this Movie , Overreated ?
>>
Not really, it's appropriately rated.
>>
>>78165575
Nein
>>
>>78165575
This movie is not "Overreated" by any means.
>>
This movie is a masterpiece of its time.

We'll never see the likes of it again because CG made everything too easy and sterile looking.
>>
Nope. Rewatched on Friday and it's pretty impressive for what they had at the time.
>>
>>78165575
>great animation
>fun, interesting, and engaging world
>plot that doesn't dumb itself down for the sake of being family friendly
>animation blended almost seamlessly with live action
It's a masterpiece
>>
Short answer no; long answer no. Anyone saying otherwise is a faggot
>>
>>78165575
>funny
>judge Doom
>Jessica Rabbit
>the only time in history Mickey/Bugs and Daffy/Donald have ever been on screen together

This movie is literally perfect.
>>
Absolutely not
>>
>>78165575

overreated?

are you calling roger rabbit fat you faggot?
>>
>>78169090
I'm a faggot and my answer is still no.
>>
>>78169466
His outfit makes his legs look fat.
>>
Also the last time Mel Blanc voiced the Looney characters
>>
>>78169586
Rabbits are usually drawn as bottom heavy. Not always, but usually.
>>
>>78165575
if anything its underrated
>>
>>78165575
Considering it's one of the greatest films ever made, nope.
>>
actually no

i have never found a person irl who thinks this movie is shit
>>
>>78165575
I think yes in that I don't think Bob Hoskins's performance was any good, but it really is an incredible film and the animation is absolutely amazing.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv_u9kYoI70
>>
>>78165575
Of course not, It has Donald Duck calling Daffy Duck a nigger
>>
absolutely not. it's spectacular.
>>
>Why "overrated" is a useless critique
Overrated means, just like the words says, that something is rated, or valued, higher than it deserves. Deserves, huh? This should throw up a flag right away, because how are you supposed to measure how much praise something deserves? To do this, you would have to objectively quantify how good an artist or a piece of art is, which is already impossible. You can argue that there are many qualities that could be quantified objectively, but it still falls apart because everyone values these qualities differently. Someone might agree with Schenkerian analysis that harmony is the most important thing in music, while someone else will definitely argue that innovation is.

You can't measure how 'good' a piece of art or an artist is, and as such it's impossible to measure how much praise it deserves, and how highly it deserves to be valued. Therefore it's idiotic to use a phrase such as "They are overrated". You are still free to say something like "I believe the critics overrated the historical importance of X", because not only are you specifying which aspect you think has been overrated, but you're also specifying who you think is overrating it, and that there's no objectivity at play here - you're simply stating that it is your subjective evaluation that differs from that of someone else's.

What you're actually saying when you use a term like "X are overrated" is really nothing other than "Others like X more than I do".
>>
>>78170848
Agreed that it's a bullshit critique but I don't agree with the rest of your post, overrated is a pretty clear concept, "The general opinion of X doesn't match my own opinion of it".
>>
>>78170768
>implying

He said "little", anon.
>>
>>78171261
Nigger is funnier
>>
I think the only person I've ever heard of not liking this was Chuck Jones but I don't remember why

source: my ass
>>
>>78171720
Jones was a faggot so I believe you.
>>
>>78169622
jess is bottom heavy and she aint a rabbit
>>
>>78169249
Who was Goofys counterpart?
>>
>>78171720
According to Wikipedia, Zemeckis interfered quite a bit with the storyboards Chuck did for the piano dueling scene

Which might be as simple as "hey Chuck, it's the 40s and Clampett's Daffy was the iconic Daffy at the time" and Chuck fucking hated Clampett of course
>>
>>78171173
You just repeated his last sentence with a slightly different choice of words.
>>
>>78172114
Okay.
>>
>>78165575
You're a fucking faggot, OP. And you comma placement sucks dick.
>>
>>78172498
>and Chuck fucking hated Clampett of course

Why?
>>
>>78165930
This. What they were able to pull off is impressive even today.
>>
>>78172136
He doesn't have one. That's why he wasn't put on screen with anyone else.
>>
File: 1394487767934.jpg (109 KB, 425x282) Image search: [Google]
1394487767934.jpg
109 KB, 425x282
>>78172930
>you
>>
I don't think it's overrated because I'm not the arbiter of what deserves X amount of praise. But I don't find it as great as most people do. I think it's mainly just alright. Really great concept but it never seems to deliver on its premise.

The book comes closer to doing that but isn't much better. But since this film is one of the unremakeables I'm kinda stuck with it as the high water mark. Whatever, I guess.
>>
I came here for jessica posting but instead I found people who are right. You've changed /co/
>>
>>78172114
>Jessica Rabbit
>Not a Rabbit

Anon pls
>>
>>78165575
Everything ever is overrated, so yes. It's pretty good though.
>>
>>78165575
It's alright.
>>
I can't find Jessica Rabbit attractive. Her proportions are just way too exaggerated.
>>
>>78175024
LOW TEST
>>
>>78175024
She got me aroused before I was even old enough to know what arousal was.

Son, I think you might be gay.
>>
>>78175024
she has fucking man shoulders and no nose, i don't like her either
>>
>>78175024
Same here.
>>
>>78165575

is your punctuation, unnecessary?
>>
So what're /co/'s thoughts on Cool World?
>>
>>78176154
He's talking to someone named Overrated about someone else named Movie.
>>
>>78176209
Someone named >Overreated.

Who is Overreated ?
Somebody ?
>>
>>78165575

Short Answer: No.

Long Answer: Fuck no.
>>
>Richard Williams
No
>>
>>78175024
Agreed.
>>
File: MickeyWithBugs.jpg (39 KB, 960x536) Image search: [Google]
MickeyWithBugs.jpg
39 KB, 960x536
Did this shit blow peoples mind back then? It was amazing to me when i first saw Mickey Mouse and Bugs Bunny on the same screen.
>>
>>78176837
I felt the same way with the Piano scene.
>>
>>78169249
Don't forget Based Bob Hoskins
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.