[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've never seen any of the x-men cartoons before. Should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: Animated.png (1 MB, 1152x838) Image search: [Google]
Animated.png
1 MB, 1152x838
I've never seen any of the x-men cartoons before.

Should I watch the 90's series or Evolution?
>>
No idea about Evolution, but the 90s one is fucking hilarious, while also pretty faithfully adapting some of the major arcs of the Claremont era, I'd recommend it.
>>
>>78161977
90's is a more faithful adaptation of Clarement's stuff.

Evo is a better cartoon.
>>
File: oh my anon.png (140 KB, 318x410) Image search: [Google]
oh my anon.png
140 KB, 318x410
>>78161977
Evolution just for the waifus.
>>
>>78161977
You have to weigh on which Rouge you think is sexier.
>>
Watch the 90's series for fun and watch yourself get hooked to it. Then, when you get bored of that, switch over to Evolution.
>>
Both are pretty bad just watch Batman TAS.
>>
>>78162138
>>78162175
I'll never understand how people can claim this.
The 90s cartoon is a weird Frankenstein's mash-up of concepts and designs from the comics but they are very rarely put together in a way that resembles any actual story from the comics.
>>
Both should be watched.

I should note that the 90s X-Men is far more consistent quality-wise. It starts super super strong and only starts going off the rail around the last year and a half.

X-Men Evolution has a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE first season. Basically it does not become bearable until season three, when the show retools itself to reflect the Morrison X-Men run and they start the slow build storyline to bring Apocalypse into the series
>>
90s one was great till the last season where they essentially ran out of animation budget and switched studios so the animation looked just like full on QUALITY.
>>
>>78162175
Actually no.

Watch the 90s Proteus Saga adaptation and resist the urge to scream "RAPE!!!!!! RAPE!!!!!!" at how they defiled arguably one of Claremont's most iconic stories.
>>
>>78162381
Oh my god, I remember that. They turned Proteus from a mass murderering rape baby who turns his hosts into living dead corpses into a sissy boy 12 year old constantly crying that he wants his daddy.
>>
>>78162326
Not faithful.

"More faithful."
>>
Easy, Evolution had Nightcrawler. Automatically makes it better.
>>
>>78162434
The deviations are just accentuated because they use the comics-perfect costume designs
>>
>>78161977
Here's a clip from the 90's show
Decide which one you want to watch based on it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjVYqczQ76M
>>
I rewatched Evo as well as 90s few years ago and both hold up very well.

Surprisingly fun.
>>
>>78162591
Not op but that made me laugh and makes me want to watch 90's, is that the correct answer?
>>
>>78162591
Yeah, the 90's show had some really good scenes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjDpWyGRGgw
>>
>>78163431
>>78163439
There's no wrong answer really, just depends on whether you'd get a laugh out of the ninety's show or if you want evolution better animation and character selection

Honestly my only problem with the 90's show is no Nightcrawler, killer opening theme though
>>
THIS ONE'S FOR YOU MORPH
>>
http://giphy.com/gifs/j9YMxa2nA3bFu/html5
Always makes me laugh
>>
I didn't like Evo because they turn Rogue into a goth. That alone ruin the Evo for me.
>>
Here's a handy vid to see what the 90's Xmen looks like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfmqSOr2-NY
>>
>>78164158
This could easily be the most confusing thing I've ever laughed at
>>
>>78162175
>Evo is a better cartoon.
Evolution is really shit until close to the end of the series, then ends in a kind of nothing way because it constantly introduces people who will never show up again because it's the last season.

Wolverine and the X-Men was the best X-Men cartoon but, well, you know...
>>
>>78164832

WatX was fucking disgusting.
You will only enjoy it if you are a Wolvi ass licker fanboy.

90's is closest one to the comics (still pretty far away) and is a classic.
Evo X-men has a better storytelling and character development/interaction.
>>
>>78162331
I'd say Seasons 2 and 3 of Evo are the best. The final season is much better than the first, but felt a bit too rushed and anticlimactic.
>>
File: domino.jpg (6 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
domino.jpg
6 KB, 210x240
>>78164832
>Wolverine and the X-Men was the best X-Men cartoon but, well, you know...

Some parts of it were great, but Wolverine himself was super snikty and often came across as a little bitch.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.