[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did any of this make sense? Can anyone explain this season finale?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: tumblr_mwy4nv2t9b1rvzvxvo1_500.jpg (45 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mwy4nv2t9b1rvzvxvo1_500.jpg
45 KB, 500x281
How did any of this make sense? Can anyone explain this season finale?
>>
no becuase it didnt make sense
>>
>I'm the dark avatar unironically calling himself that. >with the ability to only control 1 element.
>>
>>78160419
open to interpretation!

we may have gone a bit far in a few places
>>
>>78160419
They decided to insert the most generic possible fantasy ending in to the season.

It's that simple.
>>
It LOOKS like spirit bending on a larger scale, but it also looks like bullshit.
>>
>>78160419
Nope. This is the exact moment where the series jumped the shark. Then it managed to backpedal a tiny bit with season 3 before settling for solid mediocrity with S4.
>>
>>78160552
He could bend dubstep.
>>
>>78160419
No. Bryan even admitted he had no idea what was happening. He wasn't writing the show at that point but he should have understood it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdAVRglNhxI
>>
The entity that has grown to hate humans willingly works with one and seemingly allows a human to retain his mind while doing so.
Korra being of sound enough mind to do this despite what just happened prior.
Jinora.
And the decision to leave the portals opened did not make sense.

But Korra would have enough experience bending energy since she restored the various peoples of R.C.'s bending back. So she bends the energy within herself at a central focal point during a celestial event. Spirits can leave a part of themselves behind in humans like how the Aye-Aye spirit did and that tree spirit did to Wan's housemate. Being bonded for so long to the "Avatar" left a part of Raava behind in her charge.

Some dialogue, scenes, and tweaking could have had this work to an extent. But it wasn't a priority to them like all the other stuff they decided to pointlessly focus on.
>>
File: suggest 02.jpg (364 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
suggest 02.jpg
364 KB, 800x800
>>78160419
she was after his dick

y u no understand?
>>
File: Mbxa9qH.png (251 KB, 584x322) Image search: [Google]
Mbxa9qH.png
251 KB, 584x322
Yeah this part made absolutely no sense
>>
>>78161084
Don't dare to question our Lord and Saviour

>We'll never see The Legend of Jinorra
>>
>>78160800
It doesn't appear that spirit-bending works that way. It doesn't really create physical projections, and the only style we know to even have projection appears to be airbending, a style Korra doesn't have access to at that moment.

Also i highly doubt that Korra even knows spirit-bending. She is only ever shown to do it with the help of the avatar state, so i assume it's all Aangs doing. Also i don't think it can be the Waterbending thing Unalaq had, because it doesn't seem to share the same abilities.

And finally the interpretation given by Mike (who also said it is open to interpretation) is that it's Korra reaching spiritual enlightenment, represented by giant blue Korra. That doesn't make much sense though, because Korra isn't all that spiritual and seems to have forgotten her enlightenment afterwards.
>>
>>78160419
It was meant to be a cool fight between cosmic forces. It really only had the most cursory of explanations and is a shining example of flair over writing. It is very clear that little thought was put into it.
>>
>>78160419
i seriously dont understand what people's problem was with this
this was badass and cool
the rest of the season was shite. this was like, the one good part.
>>
>>78160552
Being the avatar was reconnected into having a connection to Raava, not just controlling the 4 elements
He called himself the dark avatar because he was bonded to Vaatu, Raava's opposite counterpart
>>
>>78160419
Fuckin' Jinora.

What a heavy handed way to make her important to the plot.
>>
>>78160419
Korra is feeling her uncle up after he penetrated her with a bunch of limbs and tentacles.

What's not to understand?
>>
>>78160800
>Spirits can leave a part of themselves behind in humans like how the Aye-Aye spirit did and that tree spirit did to Wan's housemate
That wasn't them leaving part of their spirit in the human, that was their spirit (which was their body) corrupting the human host and transforming it into a more suitable vessel
Because it's hard for a spirit to exist in a vessel that doesn't resemble it without harmonizing
>>
>>78160419
Man I thought the plot of the next season was gonna be having to track down the dark avatars new host and be a story about if you can be born into evil or something. I wonder if he gets a new host?
>>
Man, who thought it was a good idea to go full deus ex machina in the second season. They had to go a full 2 more seasons knowing that the avatar can go full giant fighting giant ghost monster.
>>
File: wake me up.png (39 KB, 130x165) Image search: [Google]
wake me up.png
39 KB, 130x165
I want to discuss how you personally would design the characters of the next Avatar series, but I don't know if I should make an entirely new thread for that or if I should just start posting here.
>>
>>78160419
Unalaq and Vaatu fuse into spirit Cthulu and try to take over the world.

Giant spirit Korra, with the help of her trusty sidekick Jinora, suplex him into some mountains and retrieve the previously destroyed Raava from his chest.

She them turns him into fairy stardust.

It's not hard to follow.
>>
>>78161670
I've seen enough hentai.jpg
>>
>>78162196
>They had to go a full 2 more seasons knowing that the avatar can go full giant fighting giant ghost monster.
It's implied to be a thing tied solely to Harmonic Convergence, so she probably can't go giant otherwise.
>>
>>78162337
Is there even good Korra hentai?
>>
>>78162229

Sand bender already happen in /co/.
>>
>>78161577
Okay that's still retarded
Raver and Vindaloo were just retarded on their own
>>
>world of spirits, monsters and humans that can control the matter that makes up the Earth
>complaining about something not making sense
>>
>>78162451
>anything can happen, it's a cartoon, so you can't complain about writing something that doesn't make sense
just leave
people like you are the kind of people who literally don't belong here

When people create a setting, it comes with rules; even if the only rule is there are no rules it really means "there are no other rules"
People suspend their disbelief to a certain point so that they can enjoy something without constantly thinking "that's bullshit, that doesn't/wouldn't happen in real life"
But if you keep pushing people's suspensions, they won't be able to not think "that's bullshit, that doesn't/wouldn't happen in that specific universe"
>>
>>78161577
They should have never let this show devolve into dbz powerlevel wanking, they should've gone with the first season's approach to the politics of the current world and let the themes of race (benders and non-benders) have a more central focus,It could've been something interesting
>>
>>78161618
>Fuckin' Jinora
Gotta make every semi-major female character contribute to the end narrative. That's how things work nowadays.
>>
>>78163029
>Gotta make every semi-major female character contribute to the end narrative.
Except Korra, apparently. Because jobbing once to Uncle wasn't enough.
>>
>>78162451
Fuck off.
>Superman has powers from space
>therefore his comic should be about him shoving dildos up his ass
That's you.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.