[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/co/ What's so bad about Sam Humphries? I kinda wanna get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 1.png (1004 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1.png
1004 KB, 1280x720
/co/ What's so bad about Sam Humphries?
I kinda wanna get Weirdworld next week for more delicious Del Mundo art, but everyone hates that he's on writing. I get it, he once wrote about a guy who wanted to fuck dogs; that doesn't tell me anything about his writing ability, or why his other comics are so hated. How is he consistently awful as a writer?
>>
File: Still not her worst costume.png (2 MB, 877x758) Image search: [Google]
Still not her worst costume.png
2 MB, 877x758
>>78157145
>I get it, he once wrote about a guy who wanted to fuck dogs; that doesn't tell me anything about his writing ability
It tells you he thought about a guy who wanted to be allowed to fuck his dog and thought "That sounds like a good story", which does in fact tell you about him as a writer.
>>
File: Ultimates.jpg (723 KB, 1280x1968) Image search: [Google]
Ultimates.jpg
723 KB, 1280x1968
>>78157145
He completely ruined the ending of Hickman's Ultimates run and shit things up pretty badly afterward.
>>
He blew up the Kree Home planet and ended the story with Kitty Pryde becoming GOD.
>>
>>78159039
Yeah, the end of that storyline was a bad place to start
>>
>>78157145
He had an X-team with Puck and Spiral on it and made it BORING.
>>
>>78159039
>He completely ruined the ending of Hickman's Ultimates run
I'm not sure he did. Hickman has never written a satisfying conclusion to a story in his entire career, irrespective of collaborators.
>>
>>78159706
He blew the Kree plñanet for Bendis. He's the one using that for his Guardians book. As a matter of fact, all that event was Bendis doing and Humphries got the credit because bendis wanted him to start getting some accolades to his name.
>>
He is bland and inoffensive at best, which in my opinion makes his name on a title more damning than someone of variable quality like Aaron. With Aaron you have a chance of something being good if it's in his wheelhouse, Humphries the best you can get is Avengers A.I., which wasn't BAD, just not above middling.
>>
>>78161585
Having said that if you're cool with Arkon getting replaced by a generic spunky sidecut teenage girl, go for Weirdworld regardless. I read Elektra just for Del Mundo, and it was definitely worth it. He's one of my favorite artists in the biz and sometimes it's worth getting a book with a bland writer for the art.
>>
>>78157145
He looks like Sam Hyde is disguise.
>>
>>78161585
I would take bland Uncanny X-Force over that piece of stinking shit that was Wolverine and the X-Men any day. That book ruined characters.
>>
>>78157222

Does anyone ever bring it up in interviews? Isn't that what got him the gig at Marvel? I want to know what was going through the artist's head too. Was he that hard up for work or was he some sort of deviant that redrew the pages to include different breeds of dogs?
>>
>>78162588
I remember in one podcast once he said that Axel loved that book and hired him right away. Bendis also said once he loved it.
>>
>>78159039
Captain America trundling along on his stupid little hover bike with his stupid flag always looks so dumb

>>78161055
Yeah, I cant really see a satisfying way they could have beat Reed without him acting like a giant retard in some way
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.