[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what's the general consensus on the Marvel Super-Heroes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: marvel_spread_lrg.jpg (384 KB, 1090x727) Image search: [Google]
marvel_spread_lrg.jpg
384 KB, 1090x727
So what's the general consensus on the Marvel Super-Heroes program from the 1960's? DESU, it's kind of what got me into Sub-Mariner and Captain America
>>
>>78156943
>no X-Men
Jesus, Marvel is sabotaging them for fifty years.
>>
>>78156969
>The X-Men made their first ever animated appearance on the The Marvel Super Heroes TV series in 1966 with Professor X commanding the original X-Men line-up of the Cyclops, the Beast, Marvel Girl, the Angel, and Iceman. The X-Men appeared in the Sub-Mariner episode "Dr. Doom's Day / The Doomed Allegiance / Tug of Death". Though the episode was adapted from Fantastic Four #6 (1962) and Fantastic Four Annual #3 (1965), Grantray-Lawrence Animation did not have the rights to the Fantastic Four (their series was produced by Hanna-Barbera), and so instead substituted the X-Men.[1] The X-Men are never referred to in this episode as the X-Men but rather as the Allies for Peace.[2] The characters kept their original looks and individual names from the comics..
>>
>>78157530
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1bso2ZJv-U
>1:57-2:09
>>
>>78156943
The animation on them makes the H-B Fantastic Four and the 60's Spider-Man cartoons look better animated by comparison.
>>
>>78157530
Jest, anon.
>>78157754
>Cyclops zapping those Moloids.
>>
>>78156943
It's basically the first "motion comic," comic panels with just enough movement added to make them look animated.

It's got the shitty production and the cheap Canadian voice actors, but it is faithful to the comics, and some of the comics make pretty decent cartoon stories.

Also I liked most of the theme songs. The Iron Man theme is great and the Captain America theme has some Sondheim-esque complicated rhyming:

"If he's led
to a fight
and a duel
is due
Then the red
and the white
and the blue'll
come through
WHEN CAPTAIN AMERICA THROWS HIS MIGHTY SHIIIIIEEEEEELLLLLD!!!"
>>
>>78156943
they're amusing relics with catchy theme songs. The best are the ones that adapted the Cap's Kooky Quartet era of the Avengers.
>>
>>78157940
The "Allies For Peace" has their headquarters in the Baxter Building except it's called The Peace Building.
>>
>>78157530
>>78157754
>>78157940
Full version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6ExjRMs6OU
>>
>>78158334
Also for some reason Hawkeye is on the X-Men or rather Allies For Peace.
>>
>>78158334
Voices remind me of those old timey radio shows from pulp movies.
>>
How weird is it to imagine the 60's Marvel Superheroes cartoon world as the world where the X-Men took the place of the Fantastic Four and were named the Allies For Peace? They probably had to deal with the FF's usual foes on top of their own foes too.
>>
>>78159015
It wouldn't surprise me if the people who worked on the cartoons were either working in radio or grew up with the radio shows and pulp magazines.
>>
>>78157972
The Hulk one sucked though.
>>
>>78157980
Those are the funniest
http://bobbimorses.tumblr.com/post/94120954301/methuselah-and-his-three-unruly-toddlers
>>
>>78163183
Yeah, I like tricky rhymes but rhyming "gamma rays" with "Unglamoraze" (Unglamorous) is just too much.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.