[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You fuckers lied to me. You said Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D was shit.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 12
File: Agents-of-SHIELD.jpg (812 KB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
Agents-of-SHIELD.jpg
812 KB, 2560x1536
You fuckers lied to me. You said Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D was shit. Its fucking GOOD. The acting alone is better than any other comic book show on TV right now. I'm only on episode 6 and I can see that. What the fuck, why did you lie?
>>
It sucks.

It's like a retarded Fringe.
>>
>>78153716

>not wanting a replacement for the Fringe-shaped hole in your heart

And everything pre-TWS was shit, OP. Even as a big fan of the show now those early episodes are still fucking terrible, so if you;re liking it now your hread is going to explode when you get further in.
>>
It starts out shit then picks up towards the end of the first season.

You have to understand the perspective of people watching it live. During the first season, the show could barely stay on a set schedule because of ABC dickery - just about every episode was separated by at least a few weeks of a break. The show at that point was already dragging its feet with the plot, so things got frustrating when we'd get barely any development and then have to wait a couple of weeks at least for more disappointment. By the time Winter Soldier was released, the plot finally picked up, but at that point the damage was done and many people had already given up on the show and never looked back. Watching it all at once on Netflix or whatever doesn't accurately reflect the frustration of when it first started.
>>
I personally liked all of it, but I can't blame people who didn't like the first half of season one.

I don't get why so many people on /co/ act like it's still just as crap as it was back then, though.

Like, you don't have to enjoy the show, but at least acknowledge that it's improved even if its improvements still don't make it entertaining in your opinion. I mean, shit.
>>
>>78153693
>The acting alone is better than any other comic book show on TV right now. I'm only on episode 6

You have to be lying. I got to episode 7 and had to drop it because it was literally, and with no hyperbole, one of the worst shows I've ever seen. I'm honestly unable to think of a TV show I've seen that as worse.
>>
File: may 2.jpg (20 KB, 303x454) Image search: [Google]
may 2.jpg
20 KB, 303x454
>>78153693
I watched the first episode and was hooked.
The biggest complaint I see about early AoS is it's too monster of the week. I guess we live in a post-Sopranos world where everything needs to have serialized stories.

I really liked the Buffy quality it had. It was a group of friends fighting a new monster every week, that was great. I understand wanting story arcs and even I do think it got better when people said it did, but I still like those early episodes.

Would the conflict that happens later have as much impact without the monster of the week, getting to know the characters phase? I don't think so.
You need the "good times" to look back on to make the dark moments carry more weight.

Also May is top tier.
>>
>>78153693
Because for a majority of the time it was shit, then TWS happened and it's gone way up since then. There are plenty of people who like it but not many stuck it out that long
>>
>>78153812
I'm really not. I really like the Flash, I've watched every episode. Its a great show. But first I had to get over how shitty the acting is. Same for Arrow. S.H.I.E.L.D is way better than that. I figured people must have disliked it for the reason listed here>>78153759 but I refuse to believe the actual show itself is shit in the beginning>>78153753

At the most, Sky kind of annoys me.
>>
>>78153693
>The acting alone is better than any other comic book show on TV right now.
Not exactly setting the bar high.
>>
File: 1418138880215.jpg (61 KB, 600x899) Image search: [Google]
1418138880215.jpg
61 KB, 600x899
>>78153847
My nigga
>>
>>78153890

I guess if the acting is the only thing you care about, that makes sense. Every other aspect of the show was still worse than something like the Flash.
>>
>>78153890
She will become your favorite.
And Mack.

Glad you're enjoying it.
>>
>>78153997
Oh, god, no. Romance is handled better, and it's not insufferable. But to be fair, AoS has the upper-hand of not being a CW show.
>>
>>78153890
Skye is awful until all of a sudden she's not. The "super model hacker" angle in the early first season is absurd.
>>
File: IMG_1204.jpg (100 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1204.jpg
100 KB, 1080x1080
>hated Skye for 2 seasons
>she thick as fuck now
>becoming my favorite character in season 3
>>
>>78154072
Don't tempt me anon. I haven't gone back because of that Mary Sue who cant act for shit.
>>
File: hacker_1472339c.jpg (25 KB, 460x281) Image search: [Google]
hacker_1472339c.jpg
25 KB, 460x281
>>78154051
...it does make sense given her comics counterpart tho
>>
>>78153997
No, thats just one aspect. Don't get me wrong, I don't like it more than the Flash per say, I'm just saying it is a really good show
>>78153930
True
>>78153999
>>78154051
I hope so
>>
File: 1381410912494.gif (3 MB, 350x404) Image search: [Google]
1381410912494.gif
3 MB, 350x404
>>78154072
She was always good for eye candy

>>78154098
They made her much better than in the earlier seasons. The focused switched from her to Venom Coulson
>>
File: may 1.png (2 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
may 1.png
2 MB, 1366x768
>>78153973
>>
>>78154035

I didn't get far enough to see how it handled romance, I'm talking about basic plot and dialog.

>let me inspire some of the greatest SHIELD agents to work together with some shitty anecdote about how not-Anonymous used to work together

Almost every sentence spoken by anyone was complete cringe. Which is still worse than 50-75% cringe on a CW show. Not to mention that all the things people hate about Felicity were done by Sky first.
>>
>>78154146
Venom Coulson is s3?
>>
>>78154178
Season 3 is Ground Zeros
>>
musical episode when?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNUvqIsYo7k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0lG8YorBsU
>>
>>78153693
>I'm only on episode 6 and I can see that
Wait, of season 1? Because the show is pretty much garbage up until Turn, Turn, Turn, which is, what, episode 12? 17? Either way, the first 2/3rds of AoS is significantly worse than the rest of it.
>>
>>78153999
>She will become your favorite.
Yeah, but you have to get through 2 seasons of her being insufferable before you get to that point.
>>
>>78154204
I don't get this ref.
I dropped after s2 finale.
>>
>>78154318
Season 3 is MGSV as fuck, to the point that Coulson gives practically the same speech as Miller in the first episode.
>>
>>78154300
She wasn't a bad character in season 2, but the Mary Sue levels were in overdrive while she was going through her transition.
I felt like I was reading a Spider-Man comic the way all the main characters were genuflecting when she walked by.
>>
>>78153812
its because OP is a Marvel chill.
>>
>>78154318
S3 is the best season so far. S1 was meh at the beginning then good after Winter Soldier. S2 was meh at best. S3 is really good so far.
>>
>>78153693
>Episode 6

Wait until you get to the Winter Soldier tie-in episode, then. Because you remember what happened in that movie, right?
>>
File: 119wjdw.jpg (109 KB, 569x428) Image search: [Google]
119wjdw.jpg
109 KB, 569x428
>>78153693
It WAS shit, now it isn't. It got good during the uprising arch at the tail end of season one, and stayed good.

And by "shit", I mean extremely average.
>>
>>78154644
>33 posts into Marvel and chill
>>
>>78154644
>Likes the Flash more
>durr hurr marvel shrill
ok
>>78154670
yes
>>
The first season sucked cause everyone was so fucking smug.
>>
>>78154746
>And by "shit", I mean extremely average.

no, it was pure shit
>>
>>78154668
"Good" is a pretty relative term as much as I liked the Ward arc. So, I guess s3 is just "good" finally.
I'll probably still have a difficult time taking Lash seriously.
>>
>>78153693
It starts out mediocre because all they had to work with was filler. Ironically, one of its selling points (aka, MCU connection) became its worst enemy until Winter Soldier. Season 1 is about Hydra, but they couldn't use it before Cap. Kudos to you for liking it, it took me half a year to watch it to episode 6. You'll probably orgasm when it'll get good. Season 2 is pure sex. Season 3 is great, last week was its mid-season final, Fitz is amazing just as usual, I don't know why he is after trash tier puss.

There's literally no reason to hate AoS today. Except for Marvel trying to integrate it into comics and now we're getting Hunter in comics.
>>
I quit watching halfway into Season 2, when a tense scene had Skye drop the words "Epic fail!"

I thought about picking it back up until I saw knife finger lady.
>>
>>78153973
>>78154155
Delicious azn milf

Too bad her character only has two modes: bitch face and extreme bitch face.
>>
>>78154951
Why people always bring her up? She was made just to show how much of a walking freakshow Zabo is.
>>
>>78153997
The writing is MUCH better than Flash, this season has been weaving together 4-5 major plots and they all came together perfectly in the mid season finale. All of them were very distinct and separated but they all came to a head at the same time.
>>
>>78155015
Because the others are actually threats that would justify SHIELD's involvement. It does not make any sense for the cops to not have handled her.
>>
>>78154300
I began to like her in season 2 when she met her mother and was staying with the Inhumans. That family made me love her by the end.

Poor Hyde...
>>
>>78155036

M8, I'm talking about Season 1. Why would I watch Season 3 of a show that was that fucking bad from the beginning?
>>
>>78155115
Skip season one then. Just pick up season 2, you'll catch on to what was missed which will only be Wards turning and Dethlok
>>
>>78155188
I think it's worth watching AoS once Skye gets shot.
>>
>>78155188

No thanks pham
>>
>>78153693
I'm getting really tired of underaged bloggers coming over and ranting about their new favorite thing on the weekends.

Seriously though, please cut down on the hyperbole. The show has improved miles ahead of where it was in season one and it's STILL a lackluster TV series, both as a standalone and as a tie-in to the MCU.
>>
>>78155188
>skipping episodes of a show
>skipping entire seasons
maybe on repeat viewings but fuck off with this meme shit
>>
>>78154758
>>78154755
Sure its just a marvel chill.
Trying to get more viewers for the series.
Otherwise, why would he advertise the series so heavily in the first post.
Trying to work against many "the series isnt good" with his wording.
A bad would write "this is a good series, you have to look".
But OP knows its better to say "the opinion, isnt true. Im a normal anon, believed this and now after watching i see it isnt".
No normal person would write this, without any agenda.
So clearly a chill advertising this series.
>>
>>78154204
No, that's the finale of s2 with the attack on the aircraft carrier by the Inhumans and Muad'dib killing his wife while Coulson loses a hand to the terrigen.

s3 is them doing their own thing for a while before it suddenly turns into Punished Coulson fighting Ward for bloody revenge.
>>
>>78153693
>You fuckers lied to me. You said Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D was shit. Its fucking GOOD.
It's one of my favorite cape shows

>The acting alone is better than any other comic book show on TV right now.
I seriously do not hate any of the main characters right now, other than maybe Simmons, but we're supposed to hate her.

>I'm only on episode 6 and I can see that.
Okay, THIS IS BAIT.

The show wasn't even watchable until about Episode 17 and I didn't even start caring about it that much until late Season 2.
>>
>>78156038
The Season 2 finale was more enjoyable than Age of Ultron, to be honest.

And I didn't even hate AoU, I just got more enjoyment from the finale.

Plus, the writers actually did the impossible and made Skye/Daisy a good character.
>>
>>78156163
>Plus, the writers actually did the impossible and made *Ward a good character.

Fixed that for you. Ward is one of the best MCU villains, some might even say the best. But we usually think of WARD'S WILD RIDE Ward. Go back and watch Season 1. He was just a generic, one-dimensional Chad tough guy with a gun.

Even after it was revealed he was working for HYDRA, he was just Garret's henchman. It wasn't until he escaped the SHIELD transport that he became the Ward we think of.
>>
By DC/Xena Warrior Princess/Dog with a Blog standards, it's good TV. By "TV actually worth watching" standards it's not very good.
>>
>>78155850
may be news to you but only recently, with DVRs, have people watched every episode. No one does this to shows like NCIS and other shit
>>
>>78156242
Really, all of the characters when through that transformation.

Coulson went from Marvel whoring a meme character to a man being pushed to the limits by everything he dedicated his life to being broken down around him.

Fitz went from "lol, beta white guy" to a loyal agent who's loyalty has been punished at every chance.

I can't even describe Simmons's Season 1 personality, other than the fact she was supposed to be a "cute nerd girl" or something. She's now probably the most hated character on the show, not because of bad writing, but because of her choices. And the best part is, you can easily argue that she has done nothing wrong, at least logically.
>>
>>78156437
>And the best part is, you can easily argue that she has done nothing wrong, at least logically.

She's done plenty logically wrong. And it is kind of bad writing to play up the "scientific and logical character who is constantly ruled by their emotions" shtick to the hilt.
>>
>>78156381
That was because they missed episodes on accident and not everything repeats when you want to. Whole seasons were not something skipped intentionally. Their post was saying it is stupid to intentionally skip an entire season of a show just because you don't like a little thing which is something people on this board seem to love encouraging or asking about (like I've seen people say "I heard season four is really good bit don't like episode 2 should I skip to the current season?" and some posters would agree with that). Even with a busy schedule it is better to watch a season see if you enjoy it rather than skipping to the future episodes and being confused about all these new characters, missing old characters, and change in personality of old characters to the point you have to start reading a synopsis online to understand what is happening. Not saying every episode of every show is a winner as everything has those stupid episodes you wish weren't part of a series and many are skippable but if you start skipping to another season and haven't even begun to be interested in a show you only waste your own time on a show because "oh I heard it got better here"
>>
>>78157082
hate to break to to you, but not everyone downloads their shows in order to see every episode. We are still the minority in this
>>
>>78153693

Hyperbole much? Most of /co/ likes it now but nobody in their right mind can dig Agents of CIA until around episode 17. It's mostly pretty mediocre.
>>
>>78156740
>it's bad writing

Bad writing would be ignoring the sheer amount of traumatising situations Simmons has been in, which would have most people in the psych ward. Her current near-meltdown personality makes perfect sense.
>>
File: ward.jpg (108 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
ward.jpg
108 KB, 600x450
>>78153693
>>78156242

The Ward we've gotten as of late has been nothing short of epic.
>>
>>78156130
You may think this is bait, but I'm on episode 12 now and I think Simmons is one of my favorite characters
>>
>>78154352
>Season 3 is MGSV as fuck
It's funny that I said this as an off-hand joke when the season premiere opened on them literally Fultoning an Inhuman, and now it's just been one parallel after another.
>>
>>78153693
I love the show, but it definitely isn't perfect. That said, I've enjoyed the S2 finale more than AoU and the current season has been great so far.
>>
>>78154352
>>78157646
Season 3 is like MGSV with "X-Men"
>>
>>78157363
Implying episode 11 revealing Coulson's revival isn't watchworthy
>>
Watching it one episode at a time, it's shit to low average. When you marathon it, that's when it becomes good. Every single episode ends in a cliff hanger. Plot threads are created, then ignored only to show up again in the next season. questions are asked that don't get answered for half a dozen episodes, which is months in real time.
>>
>>78159748
Yeah I've started to notice this. Glad I waited
>>
Speaking of, how is Agent Carter? The first episode literally put me to sleep and I don't know what happens after she goes blonde and seduces the nigga? Is it like AoS where it's boring as fuck and then picks up in the later half?
>>
>>78159910
It's way slower than AoS. Think early Jessica Jones slow.

It's a great show if you think that Cap 1 had a great third act, and it sucks if you think it is bad. It's mostly a story about her letting Cap go and grieve, but it doesn't really work as the mystery story it is kind of framed as.
>>
>>78159910
I seriously have no idea why people like Agent Carter. It's actually everything people complain about Agents of Shield.

>Almost zero new comic book characters
>Pure filler
>>
>>78153693
I don't like shows where you can tell the characters' personalities just by looking at them without seeing the show..

From left to right..

>"I'm the no-nonsense 'hot chick'!"
>"I'm the quirky chick that is also no-nonsense for some reason."
>"I'm the naive guy!"
>"I'm Coulson."
>"I'm the no-nonsense ass-kicking chick and probably the least popular female character."
>"I'm the funny guy who fancies himself a ladies man!"
>>
I really think that waiting for TWS really hurt this show in the long run. I understand that they needed build up to the reveal, but half a season is a bit too much.
>>
>>78160087
Your first and last are pretty off.
>>
>>78160087
lol, maybe it started out that way, but it became this later.

>Girl with no identity who finally became what she was meant to be
>Human Supremacist
>Fitz, the broken man
>Punished "Venom" Coulson
>Hating on Mulan, ever
>WARD!
>>
>>78160087
To be fair, they all got a decent amount of character development in the second season. Skye got a major arc focused around her, Jemma became a spy, Fitz got brain damage, May stayed the no-nonsense ass-kicking chick, and Ward became a traitor.
>>
>>78158265
Hell, Coulson even went Nuclear in that last episode.
>>
>>78160281
>and Ward became a traitor.

Ward became Ward. He is above such descriptions.
>>
>>78160298
>tfw Godward
>>
>>78160320
He is now SquidWard, mate.
>>
>>78160320
>>78160320
>>
>>78160368
Ward is such a good villain because he had so many viewers tricked into believing he could possibly be redeemed for so long. Only recently with his little brother do we learn that he is just an evil psychopath and that's who he is.
>>
>>78160415
The thing is, he had a chance, several chances where he could have redeemed himself.

But we're past that now, all there is now is Ward. And his new guest.
>>
>>78160415
I've hated Ward since the premiere of the series until I realized his redemption was naught, which I'd say was when Skye shot him.
>>
>>78160087
>"I'm the no-nonsense ass-kicking chick and probably the least popular female character."

You mean the most popular character. Give Mulan her own show and I'd watch it.
>>
>>78160499
Yeah Skye shooting him really was the turning point, but even if she didn't do that, he probably would have done something fucked up eventually. It's in his nature.
>>
People thought Ward could be redeemed at any point at all? You guys are hilarious.
>>
>>78160499
Learning Ward was Hydra made him retroactively a better character. It gave him a second dimension, instead of being a stereotypical action hero.
>>
>>78159979
>hammy period piece
>Peggy Carter
>Jarvis
>Based Black Widow
>Shorter series to "suffer" through
>>
>>78160638
Early season 2. It was conveivable that he could faceturn since you could just blame everything that happened on Garrett manipulating him. That all went out the window when he started killing people with Kara.
>>
>>78156381
NCIS isn't serial television though, it's basically a procedural.
>>
I'm currently on episode 3 of season 3. Is it me or did the writers completely drop Fitz's brain damage?
>>
>>78160877
He was slowly, but noticeably, healing throughout season 2. The time skip between 2 and 3 was enough to fix it more or less completely.
>>
>>78153693
Has better acting than the Flash and it's less hammy but I enjoy Flash more since it has more action and Flash isn't ashamed of its superhero roots.
>>
Agents of SHIT
Agents of SHIT!! SHIT!! SHITTY TV SERIESSSSS
>>
>>78160368
That beautiful bastard...
>>
>>78160499
Yeah, until Skye shot him and the show made it clear there was pretty much no hope he'd ever be forgiven by the one person who mattered to him, I had been assuming the second half of season 2 would try to give him a redemption arc. I'm really glad they subverted that expectation because what we've gotten instead is fantastic.
>>
>>78160936
Neither is AoS at this point.
>Deathlock
>Graviton
>Mr Hyde
>Inhumans
>Secret Warriors
>Quake
>>
I want to see Lockjaw in season 4.

I want to see Coulson be smug about their main mean of transportation being 5 feet tall dog with antenna on its head.
>>
>>78153890
Yeah, Skye is pretty much the worst character of Season 1, but when she goes full Daisy, you'll love her.
>>
>>78161838
Inhumans isn't till 2018 thanks to Spider-Man.
Maybe season 6.
>>
>>78155036
>writing
Top kek the writing is the worst part of the show. Its full of complete bullshit, ignoring major plot points, and general plot holes all over the place.
>>
>>78156130
So far season 3 is the only actual good part
Season 1 is shit and can be completely skipped, and only a couple episodes in season 2 are worth watching.
Fuck the writing is so bad with them just completely ignoring stuff like dethklok or "the real shield" that anything pertaining to them can be skipped too.
>>
File: bold_and_brash[1].png (310 KB, 357x574) Image search: [Google]
bold_and_brash[1].png
310 KB, 357x574
>>78160364
I ain't calling him SquidWard until he starts sprouting more tentacles. For now he's Deathgod Ward.
>>
>>78160638
Only a fringe group on Tumblr believed Ward dindu nuffin. Everyone on /co/ loved Ward as a villain.
>>
Mhm, it kinda goes back and forth between being shitty and being kinda sorta good then back to being shitty again.

I think it's just that they have interesting character arcs but don't really know how to make the stuff in between the major character arcs interesting. So there seems to be a lot of dull episodes where there's too much talking and not enough plot progression.

Reminds me of Doctor Who and how episodes are either hit or miss. But in AoS, it's a lot of misses.

I like Skye though. She's what Felicity could be if she wasn't such a bitch.
>>
I only watched season one, hated every minute of it, but I stuck it out because I dreamed of a better tomorrow.

One of the ways I found to deal with the shittiness of the show was to pretend the Scottish guy was a flaming queer. Made everything he said seem really catty, it was the highlight of the show for me and I fucking had to add it in myself.
>>
>>78161703
I wish they brought at least more B-listers. Or more cameos from the big heroes.
Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.