[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I love watching gods kicking the shit out of superheros, and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
I love watching gods kicking the shit out of superheros, and now I've seen Zeus make both Superman and Hulk his bitches.

Are there any comics where gods like Zeus, Odin and top dogs of other religions are all together interacting and shit?
>>
>>78151835
Also why is the christian god never shown in comics?
>>
>>78151869
He kicked the shit out of Satan in Savage Dragon.
>>
>>78151835
>Are there any comics where gods like Zeus, Odin and top dogs of other religions are all together interacting and shit?
Yes. God Is Dead by Avatar Press. It even has issues written by Alan Moore.
>>
>>78151835
There was an Ares (Marvel) miniseries a few years ago that involved several pantheons. I think it's collected in the Dark Reign: Ares TPB.
>>
>>78151974
>It even has issues written by Alan Moore
No kidding? I should go back and read it again. Is it being still published or it's over?
>>
File: Kronos3.jpg (214 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
Kronos3.jpg
214 KB, 480x640
Eric Luke's run on Wonder Woman had several pantheons' deities teaming up
>>
>>78152000
I don't know if it finished. It's first arc is written by Hickman, and it's kinda really really dumb but fun. It gets a huge jump in quality when it changes writers.
>>
Sandman has gods everywhere.
For capeshit, DC has Ares as a regular, though he is a bitch half the time.
Spawn has God and Satan teaming up to fuck everything at the end.
>>
>>78151869

The One Above All in Marvel is Jack Kirby.
>>
>>78151835
>zeus clearly beyond supes
>highfather is on zeus level
>somehow highfather is stalemated by darkseid even though supes beats him up on a regular basis

what am I missing here?
>>
>>78152080
>issue 45 released two weeks ago
Well, I have a lot to catch up with.
Any idea what happens to that deer spirit girl who went with that guy who had some quest I forgot about?
>>
File: 1413763571028.jpg (141 KB, 394x300) Image search: [Google]
1413763571028.jpg
141 KB, 394x300
>>78151869
He has.
>>
>>78152200
Would it be blasphemy to pet Him and rub His belly?
>>
>>78152454
>Him
Get the load of this shitlord.
>>
>>78151869
>never read Lucifer
>even if you need babbycapes never read Ostrander's Spectre
>>
>>78152200
It's gebe ha but whats the comic?
>>
>>78152465
I'm not hearing a No
>>
What??

Fucking /co/mblr.

OP, drop everything and GO READ THE INCREDIBLE HERCULES. It's the run that started right after World War Hulk (if you need to read that too... That kinda brings the marvel Herc back being important)
>>
>>78151869
Realistically he wouldn't have time for this sort of thing, if the antics of nigh-immortal demons can't get him to turn his head colorfully costumed mortals isn't going to cut it.
Zeus and Jupiter and Odin and the like get into it because their mythos involves them usually being pretty actively involved in mortal matters over the smallest thing. Jehovas, Yahwehs, Gods or whatever usually have a select circle of individuals they do business with in their scriptures.
>>
Didn't Superman kick Apollo's ass once?
>>
>>78153348
Only after Apollo decided to blast him with as much solar energy as he could because he didn't realize Supes was Solar Powered
>>
Avengers #281-285 is basically the Avengers dealing with a pissed-off Zeus over the near-death beating that Hercules suffered from the Masters of Evil a few issues previous.

Zeus is, typically, prone to react rashly. "imma kill my son's friends who tried to protect him, forget about the people who actually hurt my son"

You know, a Masters of Evil vs Zeus storyline would've been interesting. Zeus spirits away that huge team and beats the shit out of them all. Oh wait, some survive and go on to be... Thunderbolts. Intriguing...
>>
>>78153661
Yeah, that was it. I had that page, but I think I deleted it.
>>
>>78151869
Because thats the one most people actually believe exists
>>
>>78152510
sandman
>>
File: hb.jpg (127 KB, 588x753) Image search: [Google]
hb.jpg
127 KB, 588x753
Hellboy [spolier]kills Satan[/spoiler], But I don't thin the Christian God is referenced directly as a being. I think all other entities in that universe are mythological beings or made up. Not gods.
>>
>>78151869
He was in howard the duck max and at the same time wasn't. Like the explanation says that religion is just a man made thing, but at the same time he appears as God, Jesus and the holy god.
>>
>>78151869
Didn't the old comics code prohibit depictions of God and the Devil?
>>
>>78152112

Darkseid lets Supes win, ofc.
>>
God appears as a Scottish Shepard in Hellblazer more than once.
>>
>>78151835
What if the God is a Superhero?
>>
The Infinity Gauntlet had a couple of pages of a "Skyfather Meeting" with Zeus, Odin, Manitou, and a few other chief gods.
Either the first or second issue of the miniseries.
>>
>>78154115
He was the one that created the original angels that made the Hogdru Jahad. Its explained.
>>
>>78152454
"Who's a good boy, who's a good boy?"
>I am the Way, the Truth and the Life, I am the good boy.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.