[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any complete consensus on this guy? I've rewatched
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 155
Thread images: 11
File: clay.jpg (169 KB, 904x904) Image search: [Google]
clay.jpg
169 KB, 904x904
Is there any complete consensus on this guy? I've rewatched the series multiple times over the last few months and I've got my own two cents on shit, but as far as I've seen /co/ seems to take him as "he's shit but it's not his fault" is that something most of you think?

[spoiler/] I think he's schwarbage and it's his own damn fault but whatever

follow up question: [spoiler/] What do you think of bloberta and why are people so much harder on her than clay?
>>
>>78140563
Good golly I fucked up those spoilers
>>
>>78140563
>but it's not his fault
That doesn't seem to be the consensus from what I've seen.
>>
>>78140563
The consensus on him is he's bad just like the whole of Moral Orel is.
>>
He's an absolute goddamn monster, and the fact that he had a shitty childhood doesn't excuse some of the horrible shit he;s done
>>
>>78140974
>>78140903
Really? Most of what I've seen is people saying that he's a bad person but it's only because he was fucked up by his mom and dad, and then later bloberta
>>
>>78141068
and I [spoiler/]totally agree with that, I think he's just a weak person because he doesn't fix himself when he has the ability to do so
>>
>>78141140
Today is not the day for spoilers
>>
>>78141079

Pretty much this, yeah.
>>
>>78140563
>it was his own fault

His wife married him simply because she didn't want to be the last of her crew of friends to get married. She never fucking loved Clay, and trapped him in a loveless marriage.
>>
He told his own son he was happy that he shot him. To his face. While smiling. Nothing excuses that.
>>
Have a dad whose alcoholism and cheating broke up his parents' marriage. He had a bad upbringing, but that didn't excuse how he treated us.

That dad later got sober and became a better person and is now good friends with my remarried mother.

Clay is a sad, self-loathing man, but he's responsible for everything. You can't treat your children that way, regardless of what happened to you. My dad didn't become a respectable person until he atoned for his mistakes. Clay won't either.
>>
File: 1447638912238.jpg (15 KB, 605x259) Image search: [Google]
1447638912238.jpg
15 KB, 605x259
>>78140563

He's easily the worst adult on the entire show.

>Drank constantly
>Ignored his family
>Beat Orel
>Gave Orel bad advice that could have inadvertently shaped him into becoming just like him: a miserable, hate-filled nihilist with no ambitions
>Acted like a fundamentalist but didn't take his faith seriously at all
>Apathetic about his job even though it's actually really important
>Got irresponsibly shitfaced on a hunting trip and shot Orel in the leg
>Chastised Orel for complaining about getting shot, and drank all of the rubbing alcohol instead of using it to treat Orel's wound
>Blacked out for a few days while Orel's injuries festered
>Took Orel to an incompetent doctor which resulted in Orel walking with a limp
>Didn't feel bad about maiming his son and never tried to take responsibility for it
>Generally hostile and unpleasant to everyone he knew in a passive-aggressive way

Clay was a fucking asshole even by the standards of the show. Him getting BTFO'd by everyone around him in the third season was completely deserved.
>"The last six months were not filled with you helping a madwoman campaign against me and my job!"
>"You don't even like your job.
>mfw
>>
You can think a character/person is an awful monster while still understanding what made them that way.

That's what makes Clay and Bloberta SUCH great characters.
>>
>>78142182
True, but it's his fault for taking that out on his innocent son. You can't tell if someone is a good person from if they experience pain and heartache, but if they manage to deal with that suffering in a way that doesn't cause more of it for others.
>>
>>78142723

Be fucking real anon

All 3 of clay's sons are huge monumental disappointments. They fuck up basic instructions.
>>
>>78142182
Aren't most marriages like this? This is something really common, no excuse for Clay's behavior
>>
He's the best character. Being a kid means identifying with Orel. Being an adult means you know Clay was right all along.
>>
I HOPE THAT ARE FEW REMAINING FRIENDS
>>
>>78140563
>/co/ seems to take him as "he's shit but it's not his fault"

I will always hate people who think bad childhoods absolves someone of responsibility for their terrible actions. I see it applied to real life serial rapists and murderers all the time and it's bizarre.
>>
>>78142182
So that excuses him for abusing Orel, who has done literally nothing to deserve it?
>>
>>78140563
He's an interesting character in that I always thought he was meant to be hateable. If that was the creators intention Clay is a successful character but if he's meant to be sympathetic it fails on too many levels because he is a cruel asshole
>>
>>78148477
I think he's meant to have elements of both, where you can see why he turned out the way he did, but it doesn't excuse it. There's a part of you that feels for the younger Clay and a part of you that hates what he became. It's not really a black and white issue.
>>
>>78140563
I've always felt sorry for him and I've always been disappointed that he didn't get redeemed in the end.

>>78140903
It's his fault because all adults must take responsibility for their actions, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have sympathetic motivation.
>>
>>78147879
No they aren't.
>>
>>78140563
He had a shitty childhood and Bloberta didn't help but it doesn't excuse him because he treated Orel like garbage in order to prove to himself that there was no way he could have been a good person, only for Orel to prove him wrong by still being Orel.

Clay is sympathetic to some extent but still ultimately a hateable character because he knew what it took to be a good person but stopped trying.

Bloberta is similar in terms of being sympathetic but still hateable
>>
>>78148078
GIVE UP ON TRYING TO SAVE US
>>
>>78140563
As an alcoholic with an abusive father, it's absolutely his fault. Everyone's got baggage, it's up to them how they go about carrying it.
>>
>>78151792
I HOPE WE COME UP WITH A FAILSAFE PLOT
TO PISS OF THE DUMB FEW THAT FORGAVE US
>>
>>78141190
All you gotta do is click ctrl + S fam
>>
>>78148369
Understanding someone's motivations =/= excusing their actions. You can feel sympathy for someone and understand why they behave the way they do, whilst still believing they're a complete monster who deserves to be locked away. People don't cease to be human even if their actions are horrific. Clay just makes me feel intensely sad that a person can be so far gone as to be that uncaring towards their child, the person who naturally they should be most protective of. And these people do exist, which is even more depressing.

Clay is actually even MORE disturbing if you accept that anyone could be shaped into a person as terrible as him if the circumstances were right. Orel manages to break the cycle, but that's as as much a rarity in reality as Reverend Putty describes it as a "miracle" at the end of the show. Most people don't escape that kind of cycle of abuse, you have to be pretty exceptional to do so. Orel was. Clay wasn't.
>>
>>78142182
I don't understandhow it can't be BOTH of their fault.
Like fuck her and fuck Clay
people aren't "hurr this one thing makes their entire person"
>>
>>78143223
>>Gave Orel bad advice that could have inadvertently shaped him into becoming just like him: a miserable, hate-filled nihilist with no ambitions
This is probably the worst part of it, he genuinely wanted to create someone as unhappy as him
>>
>>78147879
I'm sad that you think this, I hope you're okay now, jesus dude
>>
>>78147879
>Aren't most marriages like this?

Depends on where you are. This is most common in places where people face strong familial pressure to get married- especially when it involves getting married to the "right kind of person".
>>
>>78154362
>Orel manages to break the cycle, but that's as as much a rarity in reality as Reverend Putty describes it as a "miracle" at the end of the show. Most people don't escape that kind of cycle of abuse, you have to be pretty exceptional to do so. Orel was. Clay wasn't.

This.

Pretty much all of the people in the show were fucked up in large part due to the way their society treated sexuality, marriage, and religion. They would compromise what they felt was morally right in order to conform of the fucked up expectations of everyone else in town and pushed everything else into the shadows.

Orel managed to escape. Mostly because he just did what he felt was right as opposed to doing what he thought was "normal". Most of the fucked up shit he did was a result of following his heart while still trying to abide by the fucked up rules of the townsfolk.
>>
>>78151698
I like this breakdown
>>
>>78140563
All I know is that I really miss Moral Orel and hearing Scott Adsil's sweet sweet voice
>>
>>78155840
if you enjoy Scott Adsit you should watch 30 rock
>>
File: Kim carl latchkey.jpg (25 KB, 498x366) Image search: [Google]
Kim carl latchkey.jpg
25 KB, 498x366
People like to dump on Clay all the time, but Carl and Kim Latchkey are the two biggest,irredeemable, pieces of shit on Moral Orel.
>>
>>78155963
a hundred times this
>>
>>78140563

What? Nobody is harder on Bloberta than Clay. It's pretty much consensus that Clay is a fucking awful person and his background only goes someway to mitigating his actions. The entire premise of the show that despite Orel's awful upbringing he's still a good kid, whereas Clay uses his parents as an excuse to keep being a shitbag.
>>
>>78155963
I liked how the show took pains to show how jealous Doughy was of Orel. Clay may be a bad father, but at least he tries to be one.
>>
>>78155963

Eh, they're dipshit teenagers. There are way more reprehensible adults who know exactly what they're doing is wrong, but do it anyway.
>>
File: 1442828660155.jpg (41 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1442828660155.jpg
41 KB, 400x300
>>78140563
I don't think many people think that, Clay is really an irredeemable piece of shit.
He is a sympathetic character, sure, because he's well-written, but he's still a piece of shit.
I mean, he's fucking sick.
>>78147608
>All 3 of clay's sons
>>
This show really went to become a masterpiece.
Cancellation sucked.
>>
>>78157679
Cancellation did suck but to be honest I didn't even like the first season and some of the second season.
But when it did get good, it got amazing
>>
>>78157679
Its kind of better off it got canned. They were planning on going darker for a season 4, and weren't going to give Orel a happy ending.
>>
>>78157599
They aren't really teenagers, though. Doughy's about Orel's age.
>>
>>78140563
1 he had a shit life but he's still a shit
2 if it wasnt for bloberta then clay probably wouldnt have been as much of a shit
>>
>>78155963
clay is worse by far
>>
>>78157998
Would you rather have poor parenting or no parenting at all?
>>
>>78158155
one is neglected
the other got shot by their drunk father and had to wait before finding any real medical attention
>>
>>78158155
None at all. That way the worst the child can do is fuck themselves up, which is at least giving them more of a chance than actively contributing to fucking them up.
>>
>>78158155
>Would you rather have poor parenting or no parenting at all?

People on the internet who are removed from the situation and have no idea what they're talking about are going to say "no parenting at all" because that's somehow the most "logical" answer.

When the truth is that even kids with alcoholic/neglectful/abusive parents generally stay with those parents rather than run away/turn them in because as bad as they are at times, the fear of having no parents at all ever, is much more frightening.
>>
Clay is great character.
Clay is written to both hate and sympathize him.
Clay is the only one to admit, how shitty people are.

However, I cannot understand. What was with that "roar" when he made that speech?
Was it about that people decreased to primal instincts?

Besides:

I love how Reverend Putty, through the series, went downhill and raised from it.
Also Nurse Bendy for reuniting with is son and dumping teddy bear away from her life.
>>
>>78153887
I HOPE THE FENCES WE MENDED FALL DOWN BENEATH THERE OWN WEIGHT
>>
>>78160539
Hubby did nothing wrong.
>>
>>78160302
>People on the internet are not people and have no life experience or parents
No, Anon, I think most people in real life would agree parents who are uninvolved and uninterested in their children's lives are still better than downright actively abusive ones. That's why we have laws in real life to remove children from awful, abusive parents.

>So what if a parent beats and rapes their kids? It's better than being ignored
I don't know a single person who would agree with that statement other than an actual abusive parent or someone rationalizing the behaviour of their own abusive parents.
>>
>>78160889
Aside from a little gunshot to the leg, is Clay really all that bad? He's a shitty dad for sure, but awful and abusive?
>>
>>78161010
This question >>78158155 wasn't Clay-specific.
>>
>>78161010
yes
he hates his family and wants nothing to do with it
he constantly lies to oral about everything
he blobereta constantly
not to mention the neglect towards shapey
he is a genuinely horrible father and person
>>
>>78140563
Clay is a terrible person and his dad certainly didn't help him be a good person but it's still his fault he's a bad person. People are harder on Bloberta because her childhood was nowhere near as bad as Clay and she is the one who pushed Clay into drinking. They're both awful people.
>>
>>78160641
AND I HOPE WE HANG ON PAST THE LAST EXIT

I HOPE IT'S ALREADY TOO LATE
>>
>>78161141
>her childhood was nowhere near as bad as Clay
She wasn't actively beaten but she did live with a mother who constantly put her down (or so we're led to believe) and a father who tries to be supportive but is ultimately too weak to be of any use.

Clay's childhood was actually pretty good before he killed his mother
>>
>>78154362
>You can feel sympathy for someone and understand why they behave the way they do, whilst still believing they're a complete monster who deserves to be locked away.

When people extend more sympathy towards the serial killer than their victims and say shit like "it's all the parent's fault, poor guy", that is fucked up. You waive the right to have sympathy when you go out and brutalize several innocent people.
>>
>>78161192
AND I HOPE THAT THE JUNK YARD A FEW BLOCK FROM HERE SOME DAY BURNS DOWN.
>>
>>78163166
AND I HOPE THE RISING BLACK SMOKE CARRIES ME FAR AWAY AND I NEVER COME BACK TO THIS TOWN
>>
>>78140563
I think the whole point of the series was that bad things happen to you but you can choose to be a bad person.

Nothing that happened to Clay was worse than anything that he did in turn to Orel - and yet Orel still became a good man.

Clay is a bad person, a pathetic person with some great characterization and generally sympathetic moments, but a bad person. Not amount of "trauma" justifies the things he did to his kid.

People are harder on Bloberta because (1) she's given less back story than Clay (Clay has several monologues, Bloberta has a couple scenes of her not fitting in well) and (2) She's a woman and /co/ is sexist.

I stand by point 2 especially. Clay literally shot his fucking kid. Bloberta was incredibly negligent, but she didn't fucking shoot Orel.
>>
>>78142182
And Clay married her because he was a stupid drunk who wanted someone to pick up after him.

And even if Bloberta actually "trapped" Clay (like lied about birth control or something - because Clay could have walked away at any time), that doesn't justify his treatment of Orel which is way worse.
>>
>>78147608
Only a completely detached, insane motherfucker can COMPLETELY lack grief when harming their son. Even people who abuse their own children aren't overtly cheery about it.
>>
>>78160302
In that situation you THINK something shitty is better than nothing; it's a coping mechanism. Sad truth is nothing can be way better.
>>
>>78166058
I don't like Bloberta because of what she did to Clay. Her worst offense toward Orel was just being an enabler.
>>
>>78140563
Why did this get cancelled but family guy is still on?

You know that if family guy did a camping episode like that they would play it off for comedy and try to get you to sympathize with peter.
>>
>>78166054
IN MY LIFE, I HOPE I LIE AND TELL EVERYONE YOU ARE A GOOD WIFE
>>
>>78160889
>That's why we have laws in real life to remove children from awful, abusive parents.

The people who call to get the parents and kids separated are ususally a concerned third party- not the kids/parents themselves. Someone who is more or less separate from the situation and looking at it as an objective third party.

>So what if a parent beats and rapes their kids? It's better than being ignored
>>I don't know a single person who would agree with that statement other than an actual abusive parent or someone rationalizing the behavior of their own abusive parents.

Well I do know kids who have been beaten and raped by their parents and still didn't want their parents taken away. While their parents may have occasionally beaten or raped them, they also tended to feed them, provided shelter, and weren't assholes 100% of the time to the point where the kid thought they were still better off with them then being homeless/in an orphanage.

It would be a nice world if every time someone abused someone else, the abused party would instantly rat them out and have them removed from their life.

Real life doesn't actually work that way.
>>
>>78158155
I had next to none as a kid. Even a half-assed attempt at parenting is better than none.
>>
>>78147879
Many, but not most.
>>
>>78162165
You actually never waive the right to sympathy. I understand your point but it's incorrect.

Also people don't feel more sympathy for the killer, they just forget the victims because there's nothing special about them. The killer is a fascinating dead end of humanity, the victims were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.
>>
>>78140563
People always seem to think it's one or the other, right or wrong. Really it's more complicated. Clay was a shell of a man. That doesn't mean what he did wasn't his fault, it simply explains why it was he did it.

Tl;dr he's not sympathetic he's tragic
>>
>>78151698
And the interesting thing is he wanted to fuck Orel up which seems to be what saves him. HIS father was uncaring, Clay was cruel.

The actual malice gave Orel a stronger reason not to be Clay. Not only that, it's possible he would have been just like everyone else in town had he not gone on that camping trip. He saw the soul of his father on that day and I like to think that was the moment that guaranteed Orel be nothing like him.
>>
>>78168685
Clay wasn't half-assed, he was deranged.
>>
>>78157787
Man, but that's the best part of the show, as dark as it was Orel rises above that shit.
>>
File: 1446074064936.jpg (152 KB, 464x550) Image search: [Google]
1446074064936.jpg
152 KB, 464x550
>>78161010
>Aside from a little gunshot to the leg
>>
>>78169032
That's the worst part of the show, the canned happy ending.
>>
>>78166058
I dunno dude most of this thread is saying, "No, Clay's the worst."
>>
>>78167047
AND I HOPE YOU DIE
I HOPE WE BOTH DIE
>>
>>78168870
That's an interesting take on it.
>>
>>78155663
Actually he only made that choice once he realized they were different. Before that he assumed the best of everyone and thought he was normal.
>>
>>78157529
No. He uses his life, and everyone in it.
>>
>>78168788
>Also people don't feel more sympathy for the killer

Sounds like you've never read YouTube comments before.
>>
>>78140563
>>78141140
Stop misusing spoilers.
>>
>>78157529
It's been a while since I saw the episode, but from what I remember, Bloberta essentially turned Clay into an alcoholic so he'd never get away. Intentionally or not, she corrupted him that little bit further. She wasn't the catalyst that turned him into the monster he became, she was just the final nail in the coffin that ensured it.
>>
>>78140563
he's an asshole.
He chose the path of an asshole.
A victim maybe but also an asshole.
He is an asshole.
Also the mayor.
Mayor asshole.
Not completely a person, only an asshole remains.
>>
>>78157787
Actually curious how dark Moral Orel could get.
>>
>>78140563
It's not worth it.
>>
>>78169483
The story goes that the suits basically said towards the end of season 2 'hey, can you make this darker?' So Dino comes up with Alone, easily the darkest episode in the series, and shows it to them.

The suits are absolutely terrified of it, cut the episode number of season 3 in half and cancel the show outright. They got exactly what they wanted and it scared them.
>>
File: 401684.jpg (17 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
401684.jpg
17 KB, 400x300
>>78160302
until Dad shoots you.
>>
>>78166113
Unless your spouse is cheating on you, some families would basically crucify you if you divorced your spouse. My aunt very obviously doesn't love her husband and hasn't for at least a decade and yet she's still with him basically just because of how divorcing him would affect her familiy's opinion of her as far as I can tell.
>>
>>78157787

Orel was going to get a happy ending, he was just going to have to do more to earn it (Orel would have gone through a goth phase).

Considering I know good Christian kids that went through a punk\goth\emo phase upon finding out a lot of the shit that was fed to them was... well.. shit, it makes sense to me.
>>
>>78168788
>people don't feel more sympathy for the killer
I wish that were true anon, I really do...
>>
>>78160889
Kids don't usually have the foresight to leave a terrible family. If my own family is this bad, the world must be worse. it's fear of the unknown.
>>
Is there a decent rip of the whole series? I can't find any torrents that have more than one or two seeders
>>
>>78169700
They kinda already did an episode about Orel going through a "goth" phase... anyway, you're also assuming Orel would become an angsty adolescent atheist the moment he reasons out that there's very little literal or historical truth to the Bible, but I think it's far more likely that he just keeps his beliefs growing up and his own brand of Christianity is sincere and personal enough to survive everyone else around him being a bad example (except Christina, whom he marries in the end and didn't we see a cross or something else on the wall in his house?)
>>
File: clay puppington.jpg (23 KB, 560x439) Image search: [Google]
clay puppington.jpg
23 KB, 560x439
Clay, and most of the other characters on Moral Orel are dynamic. You can't clump them into being completely good and bad. He's a sociopathic drunken man-child who wants love trapped in a shitty marriage that he's too cowardly to get out of for fear of what others may think of him (despite most of them having equally shitty lives and some what knowing of Clays true persona)
Basically, there are things that are and aren't Clays so called fault , however, the things that aren't his fault don't excuse his actions.
>>78143390
I think you said it best desu.
>>
>>78169808
It's all on hulu. I think the whole thing is on vimeo for free as well. Also the only DVD they put out has the first season and half the second season (actually the worst part of the series though.)
>>
File: 1413578902561.png (57 KB, 400x389) Image search: [Google]
1413578902561.png
57 KB, 400x389
>>78155963
Fuck I just re-watched Closeface, Kim is the biggest cunt on the show.
>>
>>78146210
That's the point though. That's what happens way too many times. Like fucking clockwork
>>
>>78169829
The creator did a kind of DVD commentary for the final episode that was up on the AS site when the final episode first aired. He said that despite everything, Orel still has his faith and it's a good, positive thing for him. If you look at the photos in the background as well, his parents are still together and Block and Shapey are firefighters (and they turned out alright too)
>>
>>78169838
Thanks, guy. They are all on Vimeo.
>>
>>78162165
Usually that's true, but occasionally you run into a leather face situation.
>>
>>78157787
I bet the ending would have ended up with Orel as an adult, sitting in his study, drunk, and realizing he's become his dad. He then pulls out his shotgun and black screen
>>
>>78168685
No it's not. My dad was there for me because he didn't know his. making sure I knew how much I ruined his life and how ungreatful I am, always ashamed to be seen with me, how much I stink (I would shower multiple times a day scrubbing my skin raw), how useless I am.
> actually led a parade
> looked miserable to be there
People love him and think he's a great guy.
Good parents>good parent> no parents> bad parents.
>>
>>78169145
>everything needs to be dark 100% of the time
It was a bit rushed but it made sense in the arc of him letting go of his parents' idea of happiness and realizing that his moral compass is independent of them.
>>
>1st season and 2nd season of Moral Orel are bad meme
While S3 is obviously the best, seasons one and two are amazing as well. Absolutely hysterical.
>>
>>78169668
>until Dad shoots you.

Accidentally because he was drunk. Which is still bad, but people have been accidentally shot before on hunting trips and not automatically gone on to report the person who shot them for attempted murder/manslaughter.

>>Kids don't usually have the foresight to leave a terrible family. If my own family is this bad, the world must be worse. it's fear of the unknown.

This. Fear of the unknown is basically why a lot of people put up with a lot of shit. I don't particularly like my job, and the fact that I don't have another job lined up that pays as well and don't know for certain when an alternative will show up is why I haven't quit yet.
>>
>>78169145
As opposed to some bs Morel being worse than anyone else suddenly.
>>
>>78169145
>wahhh my life is bad so Orel must get broken down too!
jeez
>>
>>78169688
Their respective families both hate them.
>>
>>78170359
To really get season 1 you need some kind of christian or general conservative background. This goes away as the series becomes more about the characters and their problems and becomes more of a drama than a comedy
>>
>>78170359
S1 is straight comedy of the 'religion sure is dumb' kind.

S2 has a gradual shift, going from the popular 'religion corrupts people' to the actual message, 'people corrupt religion'. It's interesting to see the tonal shift as the show goes on, to the point that you probably won't notice it yourself at first.

And then season 3 comes along after the absolutely crushing S2 finale. And somehow it gets worse.

It's also worth noting that S3 jumps around somewhat with the narrative. Pay attention to Orel's leg and limp: some episodes take place after he's fully recovered, some beforehand.
>>
>>78170363
Remember when Clay openly said he was glad he shot Orel?
>>
>>78160539
>What was with that "roar" when he made that speech?

What roar?
>>
>>78170479
>Remember when Clay openly said he was glad he shot Orel?

Didn't he say that in a moment of anger?

Cause if the guy really wanted to just up and shoot Orel and killed him, he could have very easily done so.
>>
>>78169135
It builds character.
>>
>>78170535
You mean in a moment of honesty
>>
>>78170499
During the end of the first part of Nature

>>78170535
It's possible to shoot someone by accident and regret it, Clay saying he was glad he shot Morel say that one he isn't sorry and two Morel deserved it to an extent.
>>
>>78170606

Pretty sure they were having some kind of disagreement at that moment.

>>78170618
>>It's possible to shoot someone by accident and regret it, Clay saying he was glad he shot Morel say that one he isn't sorry and two Morel deserved it to an extent.

Indeed. However, given that it was never his intention to shoot Orel and he did take him to the doctor to have it treated, and the fact that he waited until a very heated moment to bring it up, that the whole thing was meant to hurt Orel.

Like when a person in an argument with their partner -after being with them for years and going to marriage counseling and doing everything else to try and make the marriage works- tells them that they were glad they cheated on them.
>>
>>78170719
He waited until the day after becasue he was sleeping off the alcohol he stole from Morel's first aid kit. Not exactly leaving him there to die but a piss poor example of human decency.
>>
>>78170803
And even then he was like 'well, we'd better get you to a hospital. Eventually. I guess."
>>
>>78170803
>He waited until the day after becasue he was sleeping off the alcohol he stole from Morel's first aid kit. Not exactly leaving him there to die but a piss poor example of human decency.

Certainly not human decency. Not cold blooded/passionate murder either.
>>
>>78170463
>religion sure is dumb
No it's really obviously "taking religion literally is dumb"
>>
>>78142182
If only he had agency, so that he could do something about being in a loveless marriage. Or just not get in one in the first place.

He's not a victim of anyone but himself. The fact that Bloberta is almost equally dysfunctional does not excuse him.
>>
>>78170463
>S1 is straight comedy of the 'religion sure is dumb' kind.
>not understanding it's a deliberately cynical and ironic parody of Davey and Goliath, which means it doesn't actually have anything to say about religion itself, and is instead mocking the characters.
>>
>>78170905
Bloberta never even mentions that her kid got shot.

I'm just saying drop that almost, y'know? They're a match made in hell.
>>
I think one of the most fucked up things in the show is when Bloberta is visiting the doctor and he's talking to Clay. He mentions that Orel got shot and she glances over and then goes back to looking at a poster. Like really? You learn that your son got shot and you don't even care?
>>
>>78140563
Life give you a shitty hand sometimes, and sometimes you fold, sometimes you play though. Clay folded and Oral played though(an even won)
>>
>>78171288
the poster said to give your children greasy food for them to stay healthy, that's what she did at the end of the episode. She cares in her own ways
>>
>>78155963
Fucking Manchildren
>>
>>78140563
seriously, i love him
amazing voice acting & well written backstory

hate him so much, but it's still his fault
he made his mom die & he let Bloberta into his life
>>
File: d-fro-confused-5.png (314 KB, 920x494) Image search: [Google]
d-fro-confused-5.png
314 KB, 920x494
So if the gun wasn't loaded why did it make a sound?
>>
>>78169483
Clay's father was going to come live with them. Orel was going to have to share a room with him.

His grandpa was just going to be incredibly nihilistic and depressing to be around, so much so that Orel would've turned into a goth kid, or so says the showrunner.
>>
Also something important to remember: Clay doesn't hate his family. He admits that he loves them in his rant.

Clay just doesn't know how to express love in a positive way. Remember that after his mom died, the ONLY way he could get any kind of response out of his father was through corporal punishment.

Even as an adult, Clay equates pain and abuse with love. It's the only way he knows how to express care.
>>
As a child, Clay came to believe that being beaten was how his father showed love. When his dad tells him 'you're not worth it', he's genuinely devastated.
>>
>>78171846
I think that would have near killed me after I saw their relationship in Before Orel.
>>
>>78171922
Hell, in that episode they play "Love Love Love", which is a whole song ABOUT how doing something out of love isn't necessarily a good thing.
>>
Here's a load of promo stuff that I know I've never seen before. Bonus naked Nurse Bendy too

https://vimeo.com/81539348
>>
So I've heard a lot of people say that it's heavily implied that the doctor let his wife die by prescribing her pills rather than treating her wounds because he has a gore fetish. When exactly is that suggested?
>>
>>78172108
He was always aroused and sweaty when Bloberta showed her mutilated cunt (he stopped being aroused when she showed up without any fresh gore) and he got nervous when Clay mentioned about "how she just loved those pain killers"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tV29aD7dFI
>>
>>78172108
Numb, then later Sacrifice.

I think it's more implied that she OD'd on painkillers, and that she was addicted. Clay calls him a wife-murderer because he was probably the one she got them from, since he's a doctor.
>>
>>78172131
Worth mentioning that the creator of the show was going through a very messy divorce at the time this was being written.
>>
>>78169327
Yeah, she pumped drinks into him until he agreed to marry her.
>>
>>78170241
>black screen
>not "shoots his son in the leg"
wheredoyouthinkyouare.jpg
>>
>>78154362
this
>>
>>78171960
I broke down during that
Thread replies: 155
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.