[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ASM2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
> GOAT costume
> good soundtrack
> cheesy comics-like vilains
> OK romance
> nice SFX and fights
> spidey joking
> good casting

How this is considered shit-tier ?
>>
>>78140313
Its cluster fuck of a plot and the fact that you're way overstating its merits.
>>
Too much thrown everywhere.
>>
>>78140313

> good soundtrack

Yeah you lost me there
>>
Because it's barely a movie, the villains don't matter to their own story and for the 2nd time in a row they totally undercut any of Peter's character development in the last minute of the movie.
>>
>>78140313
despite being the 'main' villain, Electro didn't amount to much, and despite doing the most heinous things in the story, Harry Goblin just happened at the end with only the bare minimum of build-up
>>
>>78140313
> comic book movie
> cheesy comics-like vilains
>>
Jamie Foxx and Dane DeHaan were great, I'd pay to watch a solo movie about those two.
>>
File: towelguy.png (321 KB, 397x334) Image search: [Google]
towelguy.png
321 KB, 397x334
>good soundtrack
You lost all credit OP.
>>
>>78140313
>good soundtrack
For yoooooooooouuuuuu
>>
It's like they took good panels from different Spidey comics and pasted them all onto the same page, hoping they'd make something coherent, but failed pretty miserably.
>>
>Black electro
This is why.

>Black human torch
>Black deadshot

STOP THIS NONSENSE
>>
>>78146336

It reminded me of those anime recap movies that try and condense 13 or 22 episodes into something feature-length.

ASM2 is complete nonsense. I mean the first one was boring and painfully generic but at least the narrative somewhat flowed in a way that made sense, 2 was seven different movies going on at the same time and all of them were shit.
>>
File: 1448682193760.jpg (27 KB, 500x346) Image search: [Google]
1448682193760.jpg
27 KB, 500x346
>>78146308
>>78141386
>>78140313
I stand with OP I liked the score a lot
>>
>muh gwen
>muh parents
>muh no one likes me, even spiderman

i think the only good scene was when harry begged max for help, almost literally.
>>
Zimmer's work on the soundtrack was excellent. People just get put off by the shitty songs that they threw in it.
>>
>>78140313

I really did love the costume in ASM2. God damn that was a nice costume. The way he looked is exactly how I imagined a real life Spider-Man.
>>
>>78146469
Sure thing OP
>>
>>78148289
You mean like,

WHEN LIFE LEAVES YOU HIGH AND DRY
I'LL BE AT YOUR DOOR TONIGHT
IF YOU NEED HELP
IF YOU NEED HELP
>>
Because none of that actually reflects the lack of writing quality and plot. And the villains aren't comic like, I would be right there with you if Green Goblin actually looked like Green Goblin in the same way Spider-Man looks like Spider-Man yet we somehow live in a world where a comic accurate Spidey is good but a comic accurate villain is too much even though its the exact same level of ridiculous. They are clearly ashamed of Electro and Green Goblin and made up their own stupid original designs. Nothing comic like about that, moron.
>>
>>78146336
But they didn't do that because its not like any specific Spider-Man comic at all.
>>
>>78140313
>How this is considered shit-tier ?
Isn't that the question of the day
>>
It makes pretty much all the same mistakes as Spider-Man 3
>>
>>78140313
Because /co/, as always, has shit taste.
>>
>>78140313
the pacing is very inconsistent
>>
File: danedehannwasgettingcaught.jpg (155 KB, 1997x2239) Image search: [Google]
danedehannwasgettingcaught.jpg
155 KB, 1997x2239
>>78140313
it tried to do too much.

shame because we had some great castings.
>>
>>78140313
Hey Spider-Man, thank God you're here, Paul Giamatti stole a truck of radioactive material and is tearing ass through the city, so many people could get hurt, let alone if he escapes with the cargo, you gotta stop him as fast as you can! Oh... You are just gonna sit on top of the cabin as make shitty quips? I now that's kind of your thing, but can't you quip while you solve the problem? I mean, two cop cars just got flipped over while you did this, those cops are dead now, Spider-Man.
>>
>>78151665
And then spidy got hit by another truck XD
>>
>>78140313
Also had >crack
10/10, would partake in again
>>
>>78140313
because it's poorly written? i remember when the hulk critic came out with a super scathing review detailing the insane amount of plot holes and poor characterization in this film.

found it
http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2014/05/06/film-crit-hulk-smash-hulks-237-burning-questions-for-the-amazing-spider-man
favorite quote:
>AFTER ALL, WHY IS THE ORIGIN OF THE SINISTER SIX ALREADY READY-MADE AND JUST SITTING IN AN OSCORP BASEMENT LAB? ALL WAITING FOR PEOPLE TO JUST GET IN THEM?
>IS THAT NOT SYMBOLIC OF THE ENTIRE WAY THEY ARE APPROACH THESE FUCKING MOVIES?
>>
>>78141386
>>78146308
I hated the movie but it has a good soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUOeHFEDY2o
>>
>>78151925
That was one of the most disappointing aspects of the movie and why i could never look foward to a Sinister Six spin-off, where's the fun in just finding random people and giving them powersuits? Why did they want them to be animals?
I'm still wondering how and why the heck Oscorp approached Giamatti

>Hey, you were good at driving that truck a couple of days ago, here's a rhinoceros robot-tank, have fun

Spectacular Spiderman handled the "Oscorp is behind most villains" plot way better
>>
>>78140313
I'm still baffled that they thought it was a good idea to have Peter get over Gwen's death in, like, the last 5 minutes of the movie. It was such a forced way to have an happy ending, and i bet that if they managed to get a 3rd movie they would've backpaddled to make him feel guilty about her death all over again, kind of like how captain Stacy was brought back costantly in the 2nd movie

I know it's kinda unfair to make the comparison, but think of how the first Raimi movie ended instead. The main characters were mourning the death of the damn bad guy
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.