[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How OP is the Ghost Rider in the comics? I'm ashamed to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: 3932481-ghostrider-wallpaper-5.jpg (2 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
3932481-ghostrider-wallpaper-5.jpg
2 MB, 1680x1050
How OP is the Ghost Rider in the comics?

I'm ashamed to say my only exposure are those terrible movies and the even worse mangaverse thing but judging by that he could easily wipe the floor with the cosmic menaces from, let's say, the MCU.

How about the comics?
>>
>>78140025

Ghost Rider's pretty much able to crush anyone who isn't a matter-manipulator. When he's not jobbing of course, which is rare.
>>
The Spirit of Vengeance when it's fulfilling it's god/hell bound duty to exact Justice on the damned is when he is practically unstoppable.

The anchors or human hosts that serve as the vessel for the power however do not have that luxury and if they're exacting their powers rather then the spirit then he jobs.

Hell. GR took on the Green Scar and was winning until he realized that Hulk was innocent and the true vengeance was to be placed on the Illuminati.

Which fucking nothing ever did happen by the way.

No Spirit of Vengeance vs the Illuminati would've been a lovely event after the events of WWH.
>>
Could he actually be galactus?
>>
>>78140025
Ghost Rider is God's wrath, He is the fire that reduced Sodom and Gramorah to ash.

A Baby ghost rider nuked a Small country.

When the Angle/Demon is pissed they can stop the Hulk in his tracls
>>
>>78140872

Sooooo...hes the the specter?
>>
>>78141180
Yes but with out the love of irony.

The spectere is a performer, he'll turn you into candles and shit

Ghost rider will just burn your soul, and/or send you to hell
>>
>>78141180
He's not a reality warper like Spectre.

He's just a really strong demon bound inside the Rider along with a human to limit his power output
>>
>>78141683
>Demon

Actualy its a Fallen Angel.
>>
>>78140025
>How OP is the Ghost Rider in the comics?

Ghost Rider is ridonculous stronk, so much so that most stories about him are focused on him searching for the truth of a situation, or hunting a bad guy.

There is never any doubt what's gonna happen when he finds what he's after, mind you.

His remit is pretty narrow, but if he's on that track, stay out of the way.
>>
>>78141456
Instead of Irony, you get a very carefully calculated amount of hellfire
>>
>>78140025
Well, he's sort of a copy of the Spectre so he has similar powers, when he's not attached to a host or is fulfilling a divine right he's way, way, way up there but the host he's attached to can diminish his powers significantly and often does.
>>
>>78141847
It was Zarathos a demon that rivaled dormamu or mephisto so he split him up.

To be honest, they need to keep the spirit of vengeance angle and bring a pro in to rewrite his powerlevel/backstory whenever a reboot comes.
>>
>>78147208
They did already

Zarthos was an angle who fell

angels when they show up are ridiculously over powered in the marvel u
>>
Don't try and look two hard into the religious cosmology of marvel, it's ridiculous. four different guys are the devil. They were created when Mother Earth fucked her dad and had a kid who ate so many other gods that he exploded, and the explosion turned into demons because humans were evil.
Each one of them runs a fiery nether realm full of lost souls, all of which are named Hell. Then centuries later Lucifer tries to overthrow god and be king of heaven, but loses and become the ACTUAL devil in charge of ACTUAL Hell.
>>
>>78147766

Hey, OP. Don't read this. This guy doesn't know what he's talking about and is trying to recite a clusterfuck of knowledge he read on Wikipedia.
>>
>>78140374
he wasn't winning.

he was having no effect without channeling the spirit of vengeance and then when he finally did, he just took off because Hulk was supposedly innocent.
>>
>>78148383
>trying to recite a clusterfuck of knowledge he read on Wikipedia
Or here, that has been repeated here a lot. Probably a good chunk (maybe a little less than half ) of the facts people say here are just things people read here and are merely repeating.
>>
I actually liked the second film. It had Nic Cage insanity, stupid fun, Christopher Lambert as Raiden reminiscence, Idris Elba and the motherfucking POSSESSED MEGA EXCAVATOR.
The first I can't remember a single thing of, except that I did infact watch it. It wasn't even bad, like you would say "That was a horrible film", I just forgot it the instant I finished it.
>>
>>78147766
>implying any of that is accurate
>implying what you said is ANY less batshit insane than your average cosmology stories in real life
>>
>>78148383
>>78148986
He's right tho.
Well, that first bit at least. Except Atum didn't explode; he farted.
>>
File: 1431470044466.png (175 KB, 480x368) Image search: [Google]
1431470044466.png
175 KB, 480x368
Do you guys recommend any Ghost Rider comics in particular?
>>
>>78152329
ANGR was fun
>>
>>78140025
I don't know but I've always thought the idea of a Ghost Rider Vs Mad Max movie would be fucking sick.
>>
It was hinted during WWH that he could've destroyed the Hulk with ease, but decided the Hulk wasn't guilty of anything evil so he just road off.
>>
Are there any decent ongoing GR stories or are we stuck with the shitty cholo series?
>>
>>78152497
I like Robbie. While I am a fan of Felipe's shit, I'd prefer he just stuck to art instead of writing.
>>
>>78152329
Volume 6 is amazing, especially the second half of the run by Jason Aaron
>>
>>78152497
Read Jason Aaron's run is fucking great and it ends in the GR event heavens on fire.
>>
>>78152329
As others have said Jason aaron's run

Also Check out Road to Danmnation and Trail of tears
>>
>>78140025

His strongest power is to job, so there's that.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.