[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/co/ do you actually like current superhero movie costumes?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: ASM1-AUIR.jpg (129 KB, 440x542) Image search: [Google]
ASM1-AUIR.jpg
129 KB, 440x542
/co/ do you actually like current superhero movie costumes?

They always look heavily textured or tacticool.
>>
>>78138823
>>78138823
Texturing looks better in live action than flat spandex,usually.
>>
File: 2893005-asm2.jpg (179 KB, 859x1280) Image search: [Google]
2893005-asm2.jpg
179 KB, 859x1280
>>78138823
Did you forget the costume that came afterwards?
>>
File: lf6118_1.jpg (155 KB, 1185x1800) Image search: [Google]
lf6118_1.jpg
155 KB, 1185x1800
>>78138857
this desu senpai

Spandex looks cheap and flat. They usually add layers and texture to make them "pop"
>>
>>78138857

Why do you think it flat spandex works in comics but not in live action? Is it really impossible to make non textured costumes look good now?

I wish there was a balance between what we have now and the comic look... something that's still able to look cool when it's smooth we've seen some ugly rubber suits before so...
>>
>>78138884
or beforewards for that matter

some costumes are good, some are bad.
>>78138964
This isn't spandex, it's lycra or whatever. that shiny shit. real spandex actually looks pretty right and believable. it's matte and stretchy and looks appropriate for crimefighters of a particular ilk
>>
I think costume designers are finally getting the hang of superheroes now.

BvS costumes looks great, Deadpool looks perfect, the costumes in Civil War all look great.

The new X-Men has some stupid costumes. It's weird that they brought back the bland colorless armored uniforms for the X-men, but Psylocke looks like she came right out of a comic.
>>
>>78139347
>This isn't spandex, it's lycra

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spandex
Same thing.
>>
>>78138991
Well, in most comics, the costumes generally aren't spandex; they're just drawn that way because a lot of artists are pretty lazy and don't like drawing the complexities of how clothing falls on people.

Simplicity also looks a lot better in comics than in film. Obviously you don't want to over-complicate a film design, but at the same time without any elaboration in texture height at all a costume that looks great in comic book art can look pretty dull in live-action.

I do agree that films should try and meet the concepts halfway, but I don't think that Wolverine, for example, would look good walking onto screen in a spandex yellow suit. I also don't like the black leather they put him in, either.
>>
>>78138823
Yep.

You don't even watch em.
>>
>>78139647
/thread
>>
File: 1447050540375.jpg (260 KB, 1269x1920) Image search: [Google]
1447050540375.jpg
260 KB, 1269x1920
>>78139647
mhm
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.