[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Flaws in otherwise great cartoons/animated movies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5
How does the Lord of the Underworld not know Hercules isn't dead?
>>
He was very busy. They made that clear at the start,
>>
>>78134543
you try sifting through millions of babies a day. do you have any idea how much infanticide the ancient greeks engaged in? he knew the kid wouldnt be glowing once he took that tonic so it'd be a feetal in a roe vs wadestack
>>
File: Roi-et-loiseau-pochette-avant.jpg (49 KB, 270x376) Image search: [Google]
Roi-et-loiseau-pochette-avant.jpg
49 KB, 270x376
It's called The King and the Mockingbird, but the real king disappears when his duplicate disposes of him and he's never seen again for the rest of the film.
>>
>>78134543
The Fates were mainly in charge of those who died, counting them down. Pain and Panic did say "IF" Hades found out he was still alive, and obviously Hades never found out.
>>
File: 1446523591269.jpg (25 KB, 480x433) Image search: [Google]
1446523591269.jpg
25 KB, 480x433
>The Lion King
How did Scar taking over Pride Rock affect the growth of trees and grass making it look like a wasteland? Why did everything start growing again just because Simba was in charge?

>Man of Steel
If Zod could terraform Earth to recreate Krypton's atmosphere, why didn't he just terraform Mars or Venus or something? I understand that in the movie Earth's atmosphere is what gives Kryptonians their powers, so why couldn't he just set the terraformer to recreate Earth's atmosphere and go to an uninhabited planet?

>Hercules and X-men to a certain extent
If there are these demigods with supernatural powers, why ostracize them? What kinda retard looks at Hercules or mutants and think "Hey, that guy can fucking lift and throw things that weigh several tons, what a douchebag, fuck him."

That's all I can think of for now, may post more.
>>
>>78135084
I think a better question for Lion King would be how Simba survived for years on bugs.
>>
>>78135084
>>78135165
I never had a problem with the kingdom going to shit after Scar took over or Simba growing up strong because those are typical myth/legend things.

But why the fuck do Simba's mother, Nala, and all the other lionesses seriously believe Simba's forced confession that he somehow murdered Mufasa when he was like a tenth of his size?

Fuckin' dumbasses.
>>
the unnecessary romance in ratatouille
>>
>>78134543
What was he going to do, try to visit him?
>>
File: bates.jpg (33 KB, 429x429) Image search: [Google]
bates.jpg
33 KB, 429x429
>>78135288
They don't believe that, they think he died in the stampede too.

>>78135084
The Lion King is magic bullshit, Man of Steel is a shitty movie, and ostracizing people stronger than you if they're not fighting back is more attractive than ostracizing weaker people, especially if they ARE fighting back.
>>
>>78134543
Someone didn't watch the cartoon.
>>
>>78135084
>Lion king,
Scar allowed the Hyena's to shit and kill whatever they wanted, destroying more then they needed and laying waste to the waterways.

>Superman
Easier to terraform a planet with life then without

>Xmen,
Fuck that, who watches the watcher. If I saw a few people out there who could have a bad day and destroy a city, fuck yeah I want them dead. Who the hell lets a one man army live?
>>
>>78134543
Hades just owns the place,he doesn't really have absolute control everyone in hell
>>
>>78135084
Alright here's another one for Hercules that had always baffled me.
>Herc jumps off a cliff, at least, what, 50 feet above the death pool
>grabs Meg
>he then pulls himself up onto the cliff
What, did he just jump up there or something? Did the animators forget how far above the death pool the cliff was?
>>
>>78135418
>They don't believe that, they think he died in the stampede too.

Yeah, at first, but then when Simba returns Scar makes him say he killed Mufasa, Simba admits he did, Scar's like "Murderer!" and his mother says something like "Tell me it's not true."

I don't blame Simba himself for thinking he did, but why does everyone else too, especially since they already think Scar's a shit ruler anyway?
>>
I remember an episode of Lilo and Stitch where Stitch was lifting a bunch of random crap and then someone mentioned his power cap and dropped a feather on the pile and Stitch collapsed. How did he know the exact weight and that a feather would be the limit? Fuck you. Fuck you and Danny Phantom.
>>
>>78135530
>Think Scar is a shit ruler.

Except they don't, at least not all of them. While there were famine, the cubs weren't in constant threat to the Hyenas. Remember about half the lions sided with Scar even after they knew he killed Mufasta.
>>
>>78135449
OK, on The Lion King, if the hyenas were allowed to eat whatever they please, wouldn't that mean most herbivores would've been killed off allowing the plant life to flourish?
>>
>>78135084
>>78135084
>Why did everything start growing again just because Simba was in charge?

Its called the rightful king returns, its symbolism.

Also, it happens ALL the time on Africa. After one rainy day, savanahs becomes green, I know, I spent some time there. Its an adaptation of the plants.

The land got wasted because they were on a period without rain, and Scar was too dumb and stuborn to move to other place, like the other animals.
>>
>>78135622
Not eat, kill. They would leave the bodies to rot, causing the land to get sick.
>>
>>78134543
He just runs the place
It's Thanatos' job to know whos dead and who's not
>>
>>78135673
Rotting corpses feed plantlife
>>
>>78135726
Already answered here - >>78135640

They were on a drouth.
>>
>>78135589
I dunno, Jumba seems like the kind of person who would make Stitch like that.
>>
Do the other animals truly respect and adore the lions or do they just accept their rule out of fear?
>>
>>78135530
Still makes sense. She was informed they both died at the stampede, now she's realizing that's not true. For all she knew, Simba started the stampede on purpose to be king. It's unreasonable, but that's why she didn't believe it.
>>
>>78135747
So if Simba had waited one more day Scar would have been the hero and Simba the brat
>>
>>78135622
Circle of life, apparently the idea is that that kind of plantlife is dependent on grazing animals, which fits the theme.
>>
>>78135789
No, Scar was the one who made them stay on a wasted land to begin with, while all the others were starving.

Also, Scar is a regicide.

AND, there is a mystical element on Lion King fucking literal magic, related to the ancient kings. The rains, and the drouth were symbols of that, you could argue that it rained because of Simba.
>>
>>78135748
No I mean how did they know the random assortment of crap Stitch was holding was RIGHT on the cap? And for that matter, why was it?! Why was Kim Possible able to jump as high as OP anime characters?
>>
>>78135893
>No I mean how did they know the random assortment of crap Stitch was holding was RIGHT on the cap?

He is a super genius.
>>
>>78135913
I think it was Gantu who dropped the feather, not Jumba.
>>
>>78135530
In their defense, that misunderstanding was cleared up about half a minute later. None of them really had a chance to feel anything other than the initial shock of Simba claiming he murdered his dad
>>
>>78135893
Jumba knew the exact distance from earth to Jupiter, (13 feet) And able to make 628 living and self aware life forms with unique personalities.
>>
>>78135622
Herbivores on the savannah actually positively contribute to plant growth by stomping down plants and shitting everywhere. Stomping down plant growth ensures that water remain in the ground and promotes decay of the plant matter, which along with the shit nourishes the ground. Without herbivores stomping and shitting everywhere spread-out plant matter just blows around and the hot temperatures promote desertification and the growth of shitty weed-like plants that can only be cleared by fire. They learned this the hard way after culling elephants, suspected years ago of eating too much shit and contributing to desertification.

To combat desertification scientists have been using herds of cattle in fenced off areas to stomp and shit everywhere.
>>
>>78135968
>>78135913
Was Pleakley the first transgender cartoon character? Why aren't SJWs eating his ass?
>>
>>78134725
That's because the real king died
>>
>>78136043
Because they dont remember him.

Fucking dont make them realize it.
>>
>>78134543
Why were the Olympians so weak against the Titans?

Why didn't the Titans look like their children?

What happened to Cassandra?
>>
File: Junko_tongue.png (120 KB, 480x280) Image search: [Google]
Junko_tongue.png
120 KB, 480x280
>>78136139
I'm gonna do it.
>>
>>78135084
>Man of Steel
here we go
>>
>>78136043
They see him as a negative stereotype.
>>
>>78136043
Pleakley isn't transgender. He's an alien pretending to be human.
>>
>>78136270
exactly
>>
>>78136310
But that's a conscious choice. Transgender people are mentally ill who lack the medication and treatment to deal with their condition.
>>
>>78135589
I remember that, i understood the "not an ounce more" thing but yea how did he know?
But i think Stitch was lifting a construstion thing so you could probably guess the weight.
>>
>>78135721
That I had to scroll this far down for the correct answer makes me lose faith in humanity.

Hades is Lord of the Dead. Thanatos is Lord of Death.
>>
It bugged me in the Lion King how the animals praise Simba in the beginning. If they're all supposed to be his food, then I don't see why they would be treating him like a king.
>>
>>78136686
Lions were only to eat enough to survive, and make sure peace was maintained in the watering holes and such. They had a police force called the lion's guard to protect there prey, so the enemy of my enemy is my friend right?
>>
>>78135084
>How did Scar taking over Pride Rock affect the growth of trees and grass making it look like a wasteland?

It didn't, they just suffered a miserable drought at a bad time and Scar made it worse.

>Why did everything start growing again just because Simba was in charge?

It rained.

>If Zod could terraform Earth to recreate Krypton's atmosphere, why didn't he just terraform Mars or Venus or something?
Wouldn't have worked there, which is what they illustrated with the skeleton planet that they got the thing from.

>I understand that in the movie Earth's atmosphere is what gives Kryptonians their powers,

You understand wrong, earth's atmosphere is toxic to them until they adapt, it's the yellow sun that charges them. This is why Faora and Nam-Ek were as strong as Superman while breathing in Kryptonian Atmosphere in their suits, and when exposed to earth's stuff they went haywire.

>so why couldn't he just set the terraformer to recreate Earth's atmosphere and go to an uninhabited planet?
See answer 1

>why ostracize them?
To subtly force them into breaking the law in some manner so you can have them locked up or otherwise detained.

You don't make friends with them because they will outshine you in every possible aspect, so you hinge your bets on forcing them into a situation where you can justifiably take them out of the equation and not be rendered obsolete.
>>
>>78135480
>character just attained godhood
I'll given them the benefit of a doubt.
>>
>>78135084
they said that pretty clearly in the movie: it was time to migrate but scar refused, having only just secured the kingdom for himself. "The herds have moved on, we need to move too" someshit like that
>>78136855
haha was there seriously one called nam-ek? that's awesome
>>78135673
so basically they stopped doing the one thing hyenas are supposed to do, because they felt it beneath them? heavy.
>>78136198
fanfiction mode, not meant in any way to really resemble the myths.. however, all the gods look different, so
>>78136686
apex predators run shit. you can either acknowledge that and get eaten or NOT acknowledge that and get trampled to death by the other herbivores. law of the jungle and shit. kipling explained it better
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.