[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Danny Phantom gets rebooted with: >Butch Hartman Gets 5 seasons.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 12
File: danny phantom.jpg (25 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
danny phantom.jpg
25 KB, 320x240
Danny Phantom gets rebooted with:

>Butch Hartman
Gets 5 seasons.

>Bryke (creators of Avatar and Korra)
Gets 4 seasons.

>Alex Hirsch (Gravity Falls)
Gets 3 seasons

>Greg Weisman (Gargoyles, Spectacular Spiderman, Ypung Justice)
Gets 2 season

Who do you pick to showrun the Danny Phantom reboot? My vote goes with Greg Weisman. It's a match made in heaven
>>
>>78133291
Hirsch.
>>
Gotta go with Hirsch. It'd be the same as Hartman's run, but with slightly better everything.
>>
Weisman. It might not last long, but the ride will be worth it.
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 500x375
Hirsch > Weismann >>>>>> Bryke >>>>>> shit >>>>> Butch

Keep Butch away. Everything he touches goes to shit
>>
File: 1420412921159.png (10 KB, 493x402) Image search: [Google]
1420412921159.png
10 KB, 493x402
>>78133364

OP again. This so much.

With Weisman running DP we would have great writing, deep character development, a mature and serious story and nice plot twists. Alex Hirsch is a close second because has a nice balance of comedy, horror, action and drama
>>
I think we can all agree that Butch Hartman should be no where near a reboot, yes?
>>
>>78133291
Weisman, hopefully he'll be more aware of his limited run this time around, cause two seasons should be more than enough to retell Danny Phantom(if we ditch a lot of the filler that was in all three seasons)
>>
>>78133291
Bryke.

Yes they dropped the ball in season 2 and yes they pandered at the very last split second, but overall their shows were of an excellent quality and their animation and aesthetics are among the best in the industry. Most importantly, they have proven their ability to wrap up a plot within the allotted seasons, something none of the other showrunners can boast
>>
>>78133933

I'm pretty sure Alex Hirsch is going to wrap everything up in the GF series finale.
>>
>>78133985
Gravity falls's artstyle wouldn't look very good with Danny Phantom
>>
>>78133291

Hirsch

That way we get actual ghosts, less 90s edgy outlines, actual plot.
>>
>>78133291

I would actually like to see Danny Phantom with the Avatar style. It could be interesting, like the action would be fucking mint if under Brykes maintenance.

Hirsch i think would handle humour perfectly, plus it is something IMHO that is right up his alley. The amount of conspiracy theories that Hirsch has studied would play quite well into the Danny Phantom universe. So it'd be a great mystery show.
>>
>>78133291

Bryke.

For all the reasons >>78133933 said plus some serious world building and extant fight coreography.
>>
>>78133933
>Yes they dropped the ball in season 2
They dropped it in season 1 at the ending too.
>>
>>78134381
Then in Season 3 they dropped all the balls..........ifyouknowwhatImean
>>
>>78133291
Hirsch, if only because he hasn't made anything bad yet.

Weisman is good, but I'm done with twists on top of twists for right now
>>
>>78133291
Is this shit fo real OP? Danny Phantom isn't getting a reboot right?
>>
>>78134578
No, it's not.
>>
>>78134578

W..what made you think it was getting rebooted?
>>
>>78133291

DP ended perfectly. I don't think it needs to be or can be dragged out any further.
>>
>>78133291
Butch, but I do love to see the world burn.
>>
>>78135160
Almost all of Hartman's plans for season two were cut. The return of Dark Danny, a conspiracy involving Fright Knight and Vlad, more stories involving Danielle, and several others. All of this got cut and abridged into the second season as we know it.
>>
>>78135211
How does one man fall so far so fast?
>>
>>78135160
OP asked about a reboot. The story would not be dragged out, it would be restarted.
>>
>>78135391
When you sell your soul to Nickelodian, you lose more then your cartoon.
>>
>>78133364
/thread
>>
>>78133985
That's gonna be an amazing usage of forty minutes if he can manage to bring a satisfying conclusion after leaving so many undeveloped threads.
>>
>>78133705
I recall the time /co/ actually liked Hartman. What happened?
>>
>>78137654
The fairly oddparents never stopped existing
>>
File: 1356507333929.gif (446 KB, 280x153) Image search: [Google]
1356507333929.gif
446 KB, 280x153
>>78133504
>Alex Hirsch is a close second because has a nice balance of comedy, horror, action and drama
>>
>>78134034
Just because he's the showrunner doesn't mean it'd have his artstyle. He could hire someone else to handle the art direction.
>>
>>78133705
Nah

>>78137654
This>>78137719
And we need a boogeyman yo be pick fun at
>>
File: 249.jpg (9 KB, 262x192) Image search: [Google]
249.jpg
9 KB, 262x192
>>78133933
>>78134353
Are you people insane? Korra should be living proof that Bryke is nothing without outstanding writers helping him, and shouldn't touch any reboot with a 10 foot pole, let alone fucking Danny Phantom.

>Most importantly, they have proven their ability to wrap up a plot within the allotted seasons, something none of the other showrunners can boast

This is blatantly false. Almost nothing managed to get resolved in Korra after 4 seasons. By the time the show ended, non-benders went nowhere in society, spirits are causing chaos, and the earth kingdom is still in ruins. Their entire world is fucked, and Korra decides to run away from it with Asami rather than handle it.
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 363x357) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 363x357
>>78137914
>Bryke is nothing without outstanding writers helping him
>Bryke
>Him
>He thinks Bryke is a single person
>mfw
seriously know what you speak of

Anyways, the evidence does not support your claim. TLA's plot was totally wrapped up, and as for LOK:

>Non-benders went nowhere in society
arguable, as both the Republic city President and the (abdicated) Earth King are non-benders

>Spirits are causing chaos
Only when humans decide to attack (not venture into, literally attack) their homes, of which there are two: a swamp and an established tourist attraction.

>the earth kingdom is still in ruins
As of the end of the series, yes, but Wu has the support of the other governments in fixing it and, despite his knuckleheaded democracy plan, will inevitably succeed in doing so in one of the sequel comics that Bryke left that plot thread hanging for.
>>
>>78135328
Butch got problems with Nick right?
>>
>>78138872
At the time, he had a lot of conflicts with the executives, yes.

Now, his show is one of the only things keeping Nick alive, so they give him truckloads of money and depression.
>>
Can I choose to throw this show in the trash?
>>
>>78139465
Shit man, I forgot some people were born with deformed gustatory cortexes.

Because you're a special case, you can throw it out.
>>
Butch

why ask this? it's his show.
>>
>>78133933
Did bryke do the storyboards?

I will admit it was a good looking show although not as good as Avatar, less visually interesting but better than your average anime.
>>
>>78135328
I still wonder whether Evil Dan ever managed to break free from the Fenton Thermos
>>
The Manlet is my Lord and savior. Alex Hirsch must fix it.
>>
>>78139893
Not for every episode but for many of them yes. They also work as art directors.
>>
>>78139606
YAY I'M SPECIAL!
>>
>>78133504
Also Weisman will later answer every question we might have about the characters offscreen sex lives at conventions.
>>
> just
>>
>>78137752

What seems to be the problem?
>>
File: 1416109086454.jpg (78 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1416109086454.jpg
78 KB, 480x360
>>78139839

Because Butch ruins everything he's involved with

>Fairly Oddparents is nothing more than a shallow self of its former self that should have ended 10 years ago.
>Danny Phantom was disappointing as fuck and is considered the biggest "wasted potential the animated series"
>Tuff Puppy was mediocre as fuck and was probably created so Butch can buy a new house or something

He's the Seth Macfarlane of kids shows. Ironic since they are best friends
>>
File: despair.jpg (695 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
despair.jpg
695 KB, 1280x1280
>>78133291
>Butch
FOP with Ghosts
>Bryke
It's shit captain
>Hirsch
hit or miss episodes where the hits are big but the majority are misses
>Greg Weisman
Vlad wins, even when he loses.
>>
>>78143010
>Vlad wins,meven when he loses
Wasn't that the premise of the show anyway?
>>
>>78143196
nah, Vladdy definitively lost a bunch of times in the show proper.
>>
>>78143369
I can't help but only remember when he went "haha, now that your sister knows, I got this amazing shit for some bullshit reason to use against you next time, Phantom!" Like, the situation, not just that instance.
>>
File: 1448964467750.jpg (17 KB, 292x257) Image search: [Google]
1448964467750.jpg
17 KB, 292x257
Remember

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AksrehOoT4s
>>
>>78138798
>TLA's plot was totally wrapped up,
Zuko's mom.

As far as LOK goes the less said the better because it's how we got to see how they are as writers standalone.

Not very good.
All seasons of Korra are incredibly weak in the plot area, for individual episodes and arcs. They're also Olympic level ball-droppers when it comes to villains.

Hirsch is good but GF's use of humor is wanton and antithesis to good humor, and its mystery is dragged out and shallow.

Weisman is the best bet. Even if it ends before its time a great buildup ending abruptly is better than poor resolutions.
>>
>>78133291
This show was pretty shit, it was always followed by or before Fairly awful parents.
>>
File: 1442688236654.gif (311 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1442688236654.gif
311 KB, 200x150
>>78138798
>arguable, as both the Republic city President and the (abdicated) Earth King are non-benders
That doesn't mean jack shit if they don't mention how the actual people are affected by it. Simply handwaving something that took an entire season to not even resolve is asinine.

>Only when humans decide to attack (not venture into, literally attack) their homes, of which there are two: a swamp and an established tourist attraction.
Are you fucking kidding? Did you not see the spirits being dicks at the start of season 3 and kicking people out of their own homes? Only for Korra to tell them all to fuck off because she couldn't even fix what she caused in the first place?

>As of the end of the series, yes, but Wu has the support of the other governments in fixing it and, despite his knuckleheaded democracy plan, will inevitably succeed in doing so in one of the sequel comics that Bryke left that plot thread hanging for.
The fact that you are implying that they purposefully left that plot open is not helping your case of wrapping up the plot within the seasons, anon. You're moving the goalposts at this point, and your arguments are desperate at best.
>>
>>78133291
>hartman
just the same old shit but the rogue's gallery would have a ghost waifu for every fetish, creed, and walk of life by the fifth season
>bryke
danny and the black kid would be faggots and sam would get keked. also dark danny would show up again for some reason. a pretty cool villain ghost would be introduced then killed off in the first season
>hirsch
danny has massive daddy issues with jack and vlad. a blonde model ghost would be violently burnt to non-existence. also the fenton thermos can control height.
>weisman
generic fatigued capeshit that is cancelled after the first commercial break
>>
File: 24c.gif (136 KB, 600x460) Image search: [Google]
24c.gif
136 KB, 600x460
>>78133291
Weisman. Bryke's washed up and the other two can't handle a capeshit story.
>>
>>78151142

Weisman show would get cancelled after 1 season
>>
Hirsch
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.