[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I actually like this movie. Yes, its got really bad humor, but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 7
File: 8 Crazy Nights.jpg (58 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
8 Crazy Nights.jpg
58 KB, 500x500
I actually like this movie.
Yes, its got really bad humor, but the songs are all right and the animation is great.
How does /co/ feel about 8 Crazy Nights?
>>
>>78128848

The animation is really good, I'll give it that.
>>
The same
>>
Damn what a coincidence I'm watching this right now. Bum biddy biddy biddy bum bum
>>
I just can't hate Adam Sandler. No matter how many bad movies he makes, I just can't hate him.
>>
I catch myself humming Let it Out, Davey sometimes.
>>
>>78129078
http://dl9fvu4r30qs1.cloudfront.net/64/52/f94c255c439ba9358d762abf84f6/1223223340868886445.png
>>
>>78129114
¿¿¿¿¿¿????
>>
>One of the animators said that they designed Daveys character to look like an Adam Sandler action figure.
>>
>>78129037
I always wondered what was up with the "bum biddy" thing when I was younger.
>watched this once with jewess fuckbuddy
>she starts dying laughing at this bit
>turns out "bum biddy bum" is a legit thing jews say when they don't know the hebrew lyrics in songs
>>
>>78129251
One of my Jewish friends loves this movie because of does Hanukkah jokes.
>>
The songs in the movies are catchier then they have the right to be.
>>
I can't see why people would despise this movie. Dislike yes, but not despise.
>>
File: 1448476256119.jpg (41 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1448476256119.jpg
41 KB, 640x480
>>78128848
Just about the same opinion you have.
A well-animated film brought down by Adam Sandler's shit sense of humor and writing.
The animation was done by the same people that did Iron Giant, right?
>>
>>78130281
Sandler is great at comedy/dramas. If he would have put that talent here like he did in Reign Over Me and Funny People, the movie would have been excellent.
>>
>>78128848
Good bits do not make something a good movie.

It's how those bits relate to each other, and there the big whole makes sense.
>>
>>78131187
*whether the big whole
Also, OP thinks deer eating shit is hilarious.
>>
>>78131218
I said the film had bad humor, I like it because of the animation and the music.
>>
>>78130483
He didn't though.
He had one chance to make a good Hanukkah movie. One chance and he fucked it up. Hm... that should be the name of Sandler's biography. "One chance and I fucked it up".
>>
The movie shows that Sandler is a talented musician at least.
>>
>>78128848

It's one of those things that was better than it had any right to be.
>>
>>78129150
sandlers newest Netflix only shitfest is bad and also racist against natives
like as in "a bunch wound doing a walk off because its so bad" racist
>>
>>78129078
>I just can't hate Adam Sandler. No matter how many bad movies he makes, I just can't hate him.
Watch Jack and Jill then come back here.
>>
>>78128848
I loved the humor
so what it's low-brow? used to be all humor was low-brow because humor itself wasn't respected. remember the three stooges? that was basically three lowclass goodfornothings using dumbass vernacular and down to earth humor about day to day life.. getting hit by a pie is no different from getting rolled over in an outhouse. not really.
>>
>>78129251
that's basically what i assumed. like it's a bit of that if i were a rich man kinda gibberish.. but being treated totally dramatically
>>
>>78131729
it's not racist to be against a culture dude
>>
>>78132395
im pretty sure thats a huge part of being racist
>>
>>78132505
fuck no you asstard. your race is your dna. your culture is your upbringing. nothing about having woo-woo ancestors makes you jam a feather in your headband and refuse to use electricity.
and in any case he's not against it, he's just making fun of it. you're allowed to make fun of shit without it being an official fucking protest.
But fuck yeah i'm against primitive cultures. nobody gets mad if we're against the culture white people had when we were primitive. we got the fuck over it. And we were pretty fucking SLOW at that. white people were banging rocks together and slaughtering each other while asians were inventing guns, and when THEY were still trying to figure out how to wipe their asses, middle easterners had already invented math and astronomy. Everybody arrives at civilization at a different rate, but you fucking leave your dumbass backwards culture behind
>>
It was overall pretty bad but it had some nice elements here and there. It probably gets a bit more hate than it really deserves because of how Sandler's career has been going lately. Pretty soon people are going to start saying Happy Gilmore wasn't good.
>>
>>78129099
AH SHUT YOUR WOODEN MUGS
>>
>that zoom in on the generically gentle mom character's butt as she's walking away
it's not even impressive, it's just that you usually only seen this done to slutty lady characters.
>>
>>78132621
Ebin, simply ebin dude
>>
>>78132676
Let it out, Davey!
>>
>>78131729
Did they keep the bits that were this offensive or cut them? Because, honestly, that's the only thing that I find interesting about it
>>
>>78132940
>no argument
>le ebin
>>
>>78133077
WOULD YOU CHECK OUT HER BAZUGS
>>
>>78129078
Billy maddison and Happy Gilmore will always be my favorite movies from him.
>>
>>78128848
DESU, the moral arc of the film is one of the better ones for holiday movies, too.

>Reflects the fact that a lot of people have shitty family lives and have perfectly legitimate reasons to not get into the holiday spirit
>Reminds us that even if you've had tragedy in your past, you can't let it fuck up the new opportunities for having a fulfilling life that come your way

As opposed to, "Believe in this fantasy elfman who is clearly not real."
>>
It's one of Sandler's best movies, up there with Little Nicky.
>>
>>78132621
You can criticize a culture for the shitty things that it influences people within it to do, but that criticism is only valid if they actually do that thing, and it's not just a part of a shitty stereotype that you picked up 4th or 5th-hand.
>>
>>78129078
Didn't he throw a ball at a kids face once?
>>
>>78133235
It's a joke you triggerd anon.
>>
File: o-ZUSHA-900b.jpg (214 KB, 898x599) Image search: [Google]
o-ZUSHA-900b.jpg
214 KB, 898x599
>>78133261
>I was only pretending to be retarded
k
>>
>>78133283
I'm not him. People can make fun of whatever they want.
>>
File: YgB16Xp.gif (1 MB, 692x388) Image search: [Google]
YgB16Xp.gif
1 MB, 692x388
>>78132351
Some of us prefer high class humor, like Tartuffe, the Spry Wonder Dog.
>>
>>78128848
A cartoon can fucking shit diamonds in my face but as long as Adam Sandler is even vaguely associated with it I'd throw it in the trash.
>>
>>78133082
im not sure, the trailer they keep running is about "LOOK HOW MANY ACTORS YOU RECOGNIZE ARE IN THIS" and lass about "we did this many 'edgy' jokes about natives"
but knowing Sandler comedies they kept them in cause if they take that shit out they lose half the script
>>
>>78132621
>primitive cultures
so you don't actually know anything about Native Culture then?
>>
>>78133689
You'd dramatically discard doodie diamonds?
>>
>>78132259
Au contraire mon frere! Read this wonderful analysis:

http://pastebin.com/uC2kxfjp
>>
>>78133313
of course
that doesn't mean they aren't shit for doing it
>>
File: foff.jpg (30 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
foff.jpg
30 KB, 480x360
>>
>>78132371
I was only aware of it from that one Disturbed Song.

There is something weird about the lyrics of a song being "Loldunno the lyrics."
>>
Hotel Transylvanias style works a lot better for Sandlers style of humor.
>>
File: biteme.jpg (173 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
biteme.jpg
173 KB, 640x480
>>
>>78128848
>liking anything with Adam Sandler's name in it

Disgraceful. I should put you over my knee and spank you something fierce.

>inb4 Happy Gilmore
>inb4 Billy Madison
>>
>>78134710
but sandlers only contribution was his voice
like Tartakovsky actively had to fight off his influence to keep the movie good
>>
>>78135254
I thought Sandler had a hand in writing it.
>>
It and live action Grinch are huge guilty pleasure Holiday films for me. Throw in the Blackadder Christmas Carol and that's my trifecta of meaner Holiday specials.
>>
>>78134890
>Joke's on you, smart guy. I can't read.
>>
>>78135825
They're my guilty pleasures as well.
>>
>>78131729
They actually left because the liquor store was closing early that day
>>
Isn't Sandler one of the nicer guys in Hollywood?
>>
>>78129078
I can hate him
In fact, I do hate him
>>
>Yes, its got really bad humor
Correct

>but the songs are all right
Not even in an ironic funny way

>animation is great.
It's choppy as fuck, some of the character designs are alright though

But I cannot listen to THREE DIFFERENT Adam Sandlers at the same time.
>>
>>78136212
Shut up Sandler
>>
>>78136212
I've heard he's really a douchebag on set and he's hard to work with. He's very controlling and wants a movie to go this direction. Even if he is only asked to be an actor, he throws ideas at the writers and directors even if the whole screenplay/script is already written. He'll get mad if you even disagree with him. He's just an asshole honestly.
>>
>>78133082
Seems like they did, going by reviews.
>>
>>78135543
nope
i think he produced though
>>
Sandler has the reverse Midas touch, it's no coincidence that one of the few good films he starred in wasn't even produced by his own production company.
>>
>>78137033
Reign Over Me was pretty good. Nobody saw it.
>>
>>78133495
HA

AH

GUFFAW

HA-HA!
>>
>>78133249

O DOYLE RULES!!
>>
>>78137033
Happy Madison is a curse on him, and now he only uses it as a way to have a vacation with his family and friends while filming a movie.
>>
>>78135825
>Blackadder Christmas Carol
critic...?
>>
>>78136212
>>78136889
i heard he was one of those guys that will give you the shirt off his back
>>
>>78138663
NC hates 8 Crazy Nights, can't be him.
>>
>>78138688
He seems like a cool dude. I think he's tired of making movies though, he looks done in a lot of pictures lately.
>>
I always find it sweet whenever Sandler includes his family in his films.
>>
File: 2582215_l2.jpg (21 KB, 592x320) Image search: [Google]
2582215_l2.jpg
21 KB, 592x320
>>78128848
The Good
>The animation is good
>Sadness is done well
>Hanukkah representation and jokes to appeal to those who celebrate it
>The music is decent
>Rob Schneider is in it but barely

The Bad
>Adam Sandler and his control over movies
>Sex jokes
>Mean-spirited moments and characters
>Product placement

The Ugly
>Deer eating shit
>Triple nipple lady
>Whitey
>Adam Sandler does 3 voices
>Adam Sandler is still playing Adam Sandler as a cartoon character
>The more respected "Punch Drunk Love" wasn't marketed as much in favor of this shit

Redeemable Traits:
>It's not Jack and Jill
>>
>>78141943
Its odd, because all 3 of these are Sandlers doing. He wrote the music, but also the jokes. He made sure Hanukkah was represented well, but didn't reference Hanukkah enough in the movie.
>>
>>78133249
>implying you wouldn't if given the chance

Face it, kids are shit.
>>
>>78142437
Honestly, yeah. I can see where Sandler was coming from.
>>
>>78141943

I actually thought Sandler doing Whitey's sister was pretty damn funny but I really wish they went with some endearing old man for Whitey himself. That voice is grating as hell and pulls the movie down hard.
>>
>>78142825
His voice for the sister was actually pretty good, and she had some of the better jokes in the movie. Whitey's character is fine, the voice is just bad.
>>
>>78132351
>getting hit by a pie is no different from getting rolled over in an outhouse.
That's not what people mean when they say it's "a matter of taste."
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.