[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What episodes are the definitive example/archetype of Zombie Simpsons?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8
File: What_Animated_Women_Want_96.jpg (199 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
What_Animated_Women_Want_96.jpg
199 KB, 720x404
What episodes are the definitive example/archetype of Zombie Simpsons?
>>
Lisa Goes Gaga
>>
What is that thing on the left?
>>
>>78121586
A punching bag that can hit back
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnFO7j8zuPQ
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (80 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
80 KB, 1280x720
>>78121581
BULLSHIT
>>
>zombie simpsons
Is this like Toddler Titans?
>>
>>78121676
I'll never understand why /co/ gets so butthurt over a timeline joke when the episode itself was pretty good and the characterisation was spot on.
>>
>>78121558
>Homer buys Marge a bunch of sex toys

That joke kind of falls apart when you can't actually show stuff like dildos and fake plastic tits on TV.
>>
>>78121558
I guess it was kind of cool to have George Takei back to voice Akira.
>>
>>78121724
Admit it, you never watched the thing
>>
>>78121558
Rather bland, but the heart was in the right place, but the biggest wtf laugh came from "Let's see what Maggie's doing?" followed by Maggie nearly landing on her face.

Although I was kind of hoping they'd cut to her slapping the unibrow baby.
>>
At this point, they're so lazy they don't even bother explaining why Marge is pissed at Homer.
>>
God damn it, what is the context for this degeneracy?
>>
>>78122167
Another stupid boring Marge/Homer marriage crisis and...Homer tries to impress her by buying a ton of sex toys so they can have amazing kinky snuggle time.
>>
>>78122232
That's like having to watch my grandparents fuck.
When will they just let the simpsons die?
>>
I gotta tell you, I'm sick of these bland narration episodes that treat themselves like creative format-benders. they're just not fun, especially when it's revolving itself around more marriage crisis. there really is nothing insightful here about homer and marge's relationship. in fact, it's pretty one-dimensional at this point. i don't know why the writers felt they needed to analyze it.
>>
>>78122313
Given that the only people who watch the Simpsons anymore are guys like Boco with congential deformities, doubt they see it as an issue.
>>
>having Wanda Sykes as a guest star

Into the trash it goes.
>>
>>78121558
>Zombie Simpsons
do you really like don't think yourself, don't you?
>>
File: 1445775224620.jpg (52 KB, 539x609) Image search: [Google]
1445775224620.jpg
52 KB, 539x609
>>78122440
>do you really like don't think yourself, don't you
>>
>>78122440
>using a common phrase means you don't think for yourself
>>
>>78121558
The plots on the show are so pathetically anemic these days. I honestly have no problem with a Homer/Marge marriage plot, because it's only natural to come up a few times a season given the characters and the type of show. The success of that general theme though is how it's executed, and this was about as dry as I've seen them do it (granted I haven't seen a whole lot of some of the more recent seasons). It was literally, Homer and Marge go out, Homer does something very mildly insensitive, Marge shits the bed, Homer tries to win her back. They just don't have the emotional honestly or character work to pull off such a bare bones plot anymore, so there needs to be something interesting driving the conflict. Here it merely felt like the characters act in a way necessary to facilitate the plot, which yes I realize is all too common for the show these days. It felt like this episode used the narrator to justify the plot, but that didn't really add anything of interest. The B plot was a little better for at least attempting a different dynamic, but they sure had no problem making Milhouse an unlikable douchebag.
>>
>>78121581
Came here to post Gaga episode.
>>
Three words: BOYS. OF. BUMMER.
>>
>>78122009
>Throwback to Homer being a good musician
>Marge is shown to be vapid and unlikable as always
>Rips on feminism
It's a great episode. Literally zero reason not to like it.
>>
>>78123709
I dispute the idea that Milhouse was an unlikable douche. That's more how he was in Das Bus.

The ever-present aspect of his relationship with Lisa is the latter's inability to take him seriously or not see him as a clown. This was most directly tackled in The Last of the Red Hat Mamas and in other instances of his pining for her like in Lard of the Dance. She's displayed latent feelings of attraction for him in the past both in Mamas and Homer Scissorhands - it's just that absence of respect and her occasional lack of patience that surfaced as ever-present barriers.
>>
>>78123834

Shut up Movie Bob.
>>
I'd agree that the marriage crisis plot has been beaten to death by the writers so much that the corpse isn't even twitching reflexively anymore.
>>
>>78123927
Then there's the Milhouse-Lisa plot. I admit that I sympathized with his plight in Lisa's Date With Density and it was nice that he finally got to kiss her in Homer Scissorhands (which was one of the better episodes of its season). So Milhouse-Lisa plots can be cute and heartwarming when done right, unfortunately it wasn't the case here. For one thing, Milhouse's ability to completely manipulate Lisa like flipping a light switch by becoming a "tough guy" was extremely shallow and unbelievable. Especially in that Lisa shouldn't be this retarded and easy to mind-meld. It was pretty obvious what Milhouse was doing from an outside POV, and his bad boy persona came into play so suddenly that it never felt organic or believable from a story or character perspective.

Also the episode had some other weird/fucked-up gags. The Lovejoys at the sex shop was sort of...all that and also wtf was with Moe writing gay Andy Griffith Show fanfiction.
>>
When you dish upon a Star is the first truly Zombie episode
>>
>>78124108
>Also the episode had some other weird/fucked-up gags. The Lovejoys at the sex shop was sort of...all that

>minister and his wife are into kinky sex

Talk about a totally predictable gag.
>>
>>78122289
When one of the main cast is gone or it stops being profitable and starts going down in viewers. I know people that just watch it out of obligation because they're a fan even though the show hasn't been good for more than a decade and they know it. So as long as people will eat their shit they'll keep pumping it out regardless.
>>
>>78124200
The entire reason Marge decided to get PO-ed at Homer was just stupid with a capital S.

>displaying poor table manners and eating with his mouth open

Come on man, it's just Homer being Homer and past episodes have shown that she's plenty forgiving of his slovenly personal habits. Why is it suddenly an issue here, let alone enough of a sin that Marge is on the verge of filing divorce papers?

Regarding the subplot, again very forced and requiring the audience to suspend disbelief that Lisa would be so vacuous as to get her panties wet over Milhouse's suddenly-discovered bad boy persona. I know she admits it herself later on in the main plot but she can be more like "I didn't know what you liked so I got you both" and "I'm acting bad towards you, please like me.", it's quite insulting to the audience.
>>
Can't they make a joke without explaining why it is supposed to be funny? That takes all the funniness out of it. I criticize the Scully era a lot, but at least there was still subtlety (If it were done in Season 24, Homer would say something about why "Sneed's Seed and Feed (Formerly Chuck's)" is supposed to be funny).
>>
>>78121724
You can't parody the fucking 90's and ignore the fact that you're also one of the biggest fucking pop cultural things of the period, also it sort of handwaves over that best seasons of the Simpsons as never happening so it's a double slap in the face
>>
>>78124166
I thought it was Trash of the Titans.
>>
>>78125141
Mite b.
>>
Homer The Moe
>>
Bart calls out the marriage crisis trope in the movie... and they're still pulling that shit.
>>
>>78124558
>If it were done in Season 24, Homer would say something about why "Sneed's Seed and Feed (Formerly Chuck's)" is supposed to be funny
But it's not supposed to be funny. It's just a meme.
>>
File: 1446648835678.jpg (148 KB, 427x960) Image search: [Google]
1446648835678.jpg
148 KB, 427x960
>>78122440
>>
>>78123834
Nothing of what you mentioned makes for a good Simpsons episode, especially the first point which was already explored in a much better episode.
>>
>>78126061
Didn't one recent season have like 3 marriage crisis plots in it?
>>
>>78125018

What kind of delusion do you live under where this show has ever used its continuity for a reason other then humor?

I mean idk what you expect, the show features a 27 year old baby, at what point are your expectations far more ridiculous then anything the show has ever done to remain relevant?
>>
File: Maggie_Gerald.gif (37 KB, 720x533) Image search: [Google]
Maggie_Gerald.gif
37 KB, 720x533
>shipping babies
As if the show couldn't get any more fanfiction-tier.
>>
>>78127683
They do that now?
>>
File: gAjeSjl.png (819 KB, 1348x688) Image search: [Google]
gAjeSjl.png
819 KB, 1348x688
>>78127966
You tell me.
>>
>>78128387
Errghhh...
>>
>>78122440
>Do you really, like, not think for yourself, do you?
I believe you meant to say this.
>>
>>78128387
Why does older Maggie always look like a total slut?
>>
>>78129650
All that pacifier sucking

It was training
>>
>>78127683
Especially when the unibrow baby was originally just a one-note gag about how everyone including babies has an enemy.
>>
File: the phantom skinner.png (202 KB, 510x383) Image search: [Google]
the phantom skinner.png
202 KB, 510x383
>>78124166
>>78125141

what is Principal and the Pauper even if it had some funny moments.
>>
>>78130534
>the show's entire staff except Oakley, Weinstein, and Ken Keeler disowned that episode
>>
File: maggiegerald9888.png (49 KB, 1273x918) Image search: [Google]
maggiegerald9888.png
49 KB, 1273x918
>>78128387
Little fanart I did of them as teenagers. I didn't make Gerald look so husky as he is in the show.
>>
>>78131668
Maggie looks bored.
>>
>>78131788
She's just unmoved by Gerald's cringeworthy teenager pickup lines.
>>
I could have given them dialog, but I wasn't able to think of anything good.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.