[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it really that bad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8
File: spider-man-3.jpg (64 KB, 550x543) Image search: [Google]
spider-man-3.jpg
64 KB, 550x543
Is it really that bad?
>>
It's better than ASM2 at least.
>>
Yes, but not for the reasons people think.
>>
>>78115842
What reasons, then?
>>
>>78115782
No.
>>
>>78115822
>>78115842
shockingly good start to the thread

Emo Peter was great. Maybe the Jazz dance was a bit much but it was classic Rami. Imagine Ash if he was an insufferable asshole but didn't pull it off. That's emo Peter.

The omelet scene was also great.

Venom was shoe horned in. If it was just sandman and little goblin junior like Rami wanted it would have been another great edition to the previous 2. Then you have an entire movie for Venom with Tobey. It could have been spectacular.
>>
File: 42234234.gif (4 MB, 200x208) Image search: [Google]
42234234.gif
4 MB, 200x208
>>78115782
I can easily enjoy the movie.
>>
>>78115978
Why do people still use the shitty camrip quality gif from 8 years ago? There has to be a DVD quality gif of this scene by now.
>>
>>78115782
Not as bad as people say, not as bad as say X3 or Elektra or Catwoman, SM3 is at least not completely inept as a movie. It's still pretty bad though, lots of wrong creative decisions.
>>
More Avi Arads fault than Raimis
>>
>>78115782

Venom was a terrible addition and the Sandman retcon fucked with the story, but otherwise it's just cheesy fun like the first two.
>>
>>78115904
It was very badly paced and didn't focus enough on any of its villains. Venom and Goblin 2 got barely any screentime, despite ostensibly being billed as a Venom movie.

The Sandman bits were great, and if they had focused entirely on him it would've been a great movie. As it was, nobody gets enough screentime to really shine.
>>
File: 1425162623641.jpg (113 KB, 531x471) Image search: [Google]
1425162623641.jpg
113 KB, 531x471
> raimi wanted sandman and harry to finish out the story
> sandman as spidey threat.
> harry as peter threat
> pottery
> avi arad knows venomfags have been screaming for the last 2 movies
> shoehorns in venom
> raimi openly shitted on venom before in interviews during spidey 1/2.
> raimi is a classic ditko/romita spidey guy and never understood the appeal on venom
> studio didn't make xbox hueg venom
> went ultimate mirror opposite eddie instead
> ruined passing of the torch from tobey by using topher grace who would've been the GOAT spidey after tobey
> could've still used black suit spidey and saved venom for spider-man 4
> forced him in
> everybody suffers
> raimi wants to redeem himself for spidey 4
> wants to use john malkovich vulture and that's it
> producers want to rush movie out again
> he walks
> they reboot
> we get the shit webb spideys

in hindsight, it's good, because had raimi made a good 3 or #4, sony never would've shared the rights with marvel studios

also, everybody completely misunderstands the peter emo dancing scenes. in peter's mind, he thinks he's being cool, when clearly he's not to the audience. but peter has no baseline for what "cool" is, he's a total poser but doesn't realize it, that's why it works. raimi is a genius who truly understood spider-man and peter, it's pure cringe. and that is pure peter
>>
>>78115782
> I shouldn't have fisted Venom so hard
>>
File: I tried.webm (593 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
I tried.webm
593 KB, 854x480
>>78115999
>>
It's worse. The first one has aged like milk, and the third one is still leaps and bounds worse.
>>
>>78115782
The reason it was shat on wasn't because it was terrible, but moreso it was just disappointing. It was a mediocre movie that was following 2 of the best comic movies to date. What was worse is you could see where it could've been awesome.
>>
>>78116483
>in hindsight, it's good, because had raimi made a good 3 or #4, sony never would've shared the rights with marvel studios
>Implying Marvel can do something good with Spider-Man
I am sure MCU Spider-Man will be worse than Raimi's.
People will already be tired by a third reboot so soon. Another actor for Spider-Man, another retelling of Muh Great Power and Responsibility and either recycle already established villains or scrap the bottom of the barrel for characters no one cares about. I could think of only the Vulture being a credible antagonist to the first MCU Spider-Man movie and he's gonna suck.

It's no one else's but Marvel's fault.
>>
Venom wasn't big enough
>>
>>78119913
Or they could do a regular movie and just put it in as a montage the opening credits.

Nah, they'd never do something like that. They're too dumb to do that. We're going to get another movie that takes 2 1/2 to 3 hours to explain how Spider-Man became Spider-Man.
>>
>>78120032
it takes place after Civil War, and Spidey's appearance in civil war is already after Ben has died and Spidey has been operating in NYC for several months.
>>
>>78116667
>takes 4 seconds to get started

You didn't try at all.
>>
>>78120032
I'm like 99% sure they said that they were not doing this and Spider-Man has already had his start for a while.

No more origin stories after Dr. Strange or something
>>
>>78116063
I'm so glad he's gone.
>>
The birth of Sandman scene is one of the most beautiful scenes in any superhero movie. Nothing in the MCU comes even close to the artistry of that scene.
>>
>>78115782
It was a prime example of why you shouldn't try to cram so many new villains into one film.
A mistake capeshit films are still making to this day.
>>
>>78125467
>mfw ASM2 made literally the same mistakes as Spider-Man 3
>The exact same ones
>>
>>78115933
>The omelet scene was also great.
Has to be bait. Has to be.
>>
>>78125500
Pretty much. ASM2 is basically the new Spider-Man 3.
>>
>>78125500
I don't know why Sony is so pants-on-head stupid when it comes to handling Spider-Man. A Spider-Man movie shouldn't be hard to make in theory.
>>
>>78125125
That's because Raimi is an auteur, and Disney just hires studio puppets.
>>
>>78115999
Because no one gives a FUCK about this movie and no one should.
>>
>>78125568
You'd be surprised how many people in this world have no fucking clue how to write Spider-Man.
>>
>>78115978
>out of place dancing in spiderman 3
>everyone hates it
>out of place dancing in guardians of the galaxy
>everyone creams their pants over it.
>>
>>78125660
this
>inb4 shills
>>
>>78125660
>One is a character going literally edgy and feels weird after three movies
>The other is completely in character with the person we see throughout the movie.

As for "dance-off bro, you and me" at least that actually was for a point
>>
>>78125660
>>78125682
I guess it's because people knew how goofy GotG was going to be just from the trailer.
But Spider-Man 3's trailer made it look dead serious.
>>
At least Spider-Man 3 was a self-contained film and not a commercial for a million sequels and spin-offs.
>>
If you read Spider-Man comics....all of the Raimi films were "that bad"

If not, you probably liked them because they were for you.
>>
>>78115782

Yes, the Raimi films sucked
>>
>>78127055
The 2002 Spider-Man movie follows a lot of story beats of Ultimate Spider-Man.
>>
File: YouTried.jpg (22 KB, 286x341) Image search: [Google]
YouTried.jpg
22 KB, 286x341
>>78116667

so hard and got so far
>>
I can get over dancing Peter and Venom alright? But do you know what I hate most about this movie? The lack of Black Suit Spidey. Seriously, he literally uses it once in the entire film, and that is immediately after he gets it and gets his revenge on Sandman. Never do we see him use it until he decides to get rid of the suit. I think that disappointed me most about the movie. Even Spectacular Spider-Man had him use it for a good 3 episodes before Peter finds out it's evil.
>>
>>78127182
To be fair, there's only so much you can do in a two hour movie with so many other subplots.
>>
>>78127913
No, there is not being easy on this film. Let alone any of them, but certainly not this one. Batman Returns was a shit movie IMO but it did three villains just fine, you can do it.
>>
>>78115782
>>78125467
>>78116102
It was intentionally campy, so it was bad to people expecting a serious story.

I don't remember the exact details from a trivia thread here, but Raimi actually didn't want to have Venom at all. He wanted to use Sandman (as someone partly responsible for Ben's death) to explore Peter's ability to forgive people, but somebody above him basically said "You know what would sell well? Venom."

All the goofy-ass parts of the film were Venom/Symbiote, I assume as a big "fuck you" to whoever wanted to put him in there.

>>78127182
He could have made a two-part film, with the first one getting the suit and fighting Sandman, ending at ripping off the symbiote, and the second film with Venom.
>>
>>78128324
>Batman Returns was a shit movie IMO but it did three villains just fine
You tripped over yourself so hard I felt the impact. Ouch.
>>
>>78119913
>I am sure MCU Spider-Man will be worse than Raimi's.
That seems unlikely given how mediocre Raimi's were. If anything, MCU Spidey will be more of the same.
>>
>>78127102
SM1 isn't the problem really. The problem is all the forced romance drama with JJJ's son in SM2. If they had just killed of Gwen in the first movie, then the drama could have come from Pete and MJ learning to cope and growing closer. As it stands, it's the exact same drama from the first movie only less interesting because we've already seen it.
>>
>>78115978

>everyone creams their pants over it

Who the hell thought meme-off was good?
>>
>ITT: it's not Raimi's fault

Boo fucking hoo. If Raimi is a director (not writer, not actor, not producer) his job is to direct and let his own personality show on whatever story he is doing. If he's a good director, he can do that with everything he gets.

It's Raimi's fault that executive decisions turned into shit on screen. He failed at that. And the movie is shit because he failed to direct it.

I'm glad these movies were shit, cause Raimi's style was nevber suited for spider-man. Marc Webb came closer, but still shit. I just hope Marvel knows what they're doing.
>>
>>78120032
>>78119913

MCU Spider-Man isn't getting an origin story. They already reference him in Ant-Man which means by the time of Civil War he's already somewhat established.
>>
>>78130213
I have no idea what the point of Gwen even was in Spider-Man 3.
>>
File: symbiote_peter.webm (3 MB, 640x264) Image search: [Google]
symbiote_peter.webm
3 MB, 640x264
>>78115999
>>
>>78115999
It reflects the utter bafflement of people that were hyped for it and were yet to see it in theaters
>>
>>78132627
>literally me
>>
>>78125512
It's two minutes long, relax.
>>
>>78115999
same shit with harry eating that pie
>>
>>78116137
That's pretty much my exact feelings. I honestly thought doing only sandman and the black spider suit would have been great and setting up for a 4th movie with Venom and Goblin would be way more natural.
>>
>>78115978
I remember seeing this with my dad. This scene was so cringy and I couldn't even tell my dad it was a reference to something in the comics.
>>
>>78130694
What reference? I don't remember.
>>
It wasn't that bad

The again, I don't care for the comics much, and as of late, I don't care that much for superheros
>>
>>78130509
Fuck off, GotG was a fun film. I'm sorry it wasn't "Muh Quill"
>>
File: 200w-2.gif (1013 KB, 200x83) Image search: [Google]
200w-2.gif
1013 KB, 200x83
>>78125512
>>
File: 965.gif (996 KB, 320x225) Image search: [Google]
965.gif
996 KB, 320x225
>>78136435
Wait, it was?
>>
>all these faggots actually like this movie more than ASM2
>will tell people they have good taste

Why are you all such flaming faggots?
>>
>>78136535
>“We have a guy who can jump. A guy who can swing. A guy who can crawl up walls.”
the conversation with Falcon about which supers could be approached for help
>>
I honestly don't hate it as much as other people. There is so much shit this trilogy gets now a days, but I think it's one of the few superhero films that felt grand in scale. The music was bombastic, the fights felt like clashes of titans, and even NYC felt larger than life. Yeah, I get the flaws in these films, but there's something about them that felt larger than life that the MCU hasn't captured at all.
>>
>>78125738
Didn't stop people from loving Iron Man 3 and Age of Ultron.
>>
>>78115782
I remember watching it and actually liking it when I was younger.

Then when I read people's thoughts on the movie, I was kinda shocked. I thought that it was up to par and enjoyable.

Looking back, I can understand why people thought it was horrible at worst and underwhelming at best. The short emo peter arc was quite absurd among other thing.

And the movie just really overloaded itself by putting in too many main villains. Movies aren't supposed to have to so many villains like that due to the short amount of time the movie usually has, and it ended up leaving things to feel quite rushed and badly paced.
>>
>>78142796
That's what happens when fans love Venom and Raimi didn't.
>>
They always use villains wrong, if u want more villains have spidey fight a small bad like shocker in a fifteen minute bank heist scene or something.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.