[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Halp /co/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: batman.jpg (455 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
batman.jpg
455 KB, 1920x1080
Hey guys, so i'm 19, i'm big fan of comics but not thtat much of cartoons, i mean i like cartoons but haven't seen very good ones about superheroes. When Batman:TAS was airing i was a baby, so obviously i didn'y see it or i dont remember doing it, should i watch it now' is it worth watching? or is it just overrated? also, please recommend me good comic book based cartoons :)

sorry for my english btw
>>
>>78111059
yeah dude it holds up like mad. i've been rewatching it lately and it's seriously a good watch all the way
there's a few very serious episodes without any supervillains that might bore you, but only a few. just keep watching and youll get to the awesome shit. and then watch STAS and youll get your action fix.
>>
BTAS is still good to watch now, but you have to keep in mind that the episode consistency is kind of shitty. You'll have a GOAT episode followed by complete shit. Basically if you get a few minutes in and it seems boring it's ok to skip ahead.
>>
BTAS is still great.

Justice League Unlimited is the greatest cape cartoon I've ever seen.

Justice League is also very good.

I say all of this as a total marvelfag, too.
>>
>>78111331
this. all us marvel fans ever got was the 90s and... as kickawesome as those shows were, their writing was never any good and none of it's memorable or rewatchable really.
i mean okay, the hulk had some decently heavy stories.. the 2nd season of iron man and fantastic 4 were so much better than their 1st seasons that they FELT kinda grown up.. they had drunk Tony, that was cool. spider-man TRIED really hard to have complex plots but they ran at a speed that made Speed Racer feel like Totoro. X-men was pretty gritty but it was mostly just on the surface, there wasn't a lot underneath it. the dramatic moments felt like you were watching a play, at best. Uhh.. was the Silver Surfer well written? it bored me as a kid.
>>
Watch OG TT and YJ and what >>78111331
said
>>
>>78111059
Brave and the bold is the greatest cape cartoon ever made and blows btas out of the water start with brave and the bold
>>
>>78111331
You sound just like my best buddy. He's the biggest Marvelfag I know (he's also a Batfag oddly enough, although that's probably my fault), and he can't get enough DCAU. We watched half of the first season of Justice League a while back. When I saw him again three days later, he had already blown through that and was making his way through JLU and Batman Beyond. Only reason he didn't add BTAS and STAS to that list was because netflix didn't have them. Which is gay as fuck, but anyway, you see my point here.
>>
File: lex and grood.png (177 KB, 708x520) Image search: [Google]
lex and grood.png
177 KB, 708x520
Here are the animated Superhero shows that are worth watching, imo.

DC:
Batman: The Animated Series + Mask of The Phantasm
Batman Beyond + Return of The Joker
Justice League/ JLU
Teen Titans
Young Justice
Green Lantern: The Animated Series

Marvel:
Spectactular Spiderman
Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Hero's

If you want some non-big two stuff, the one thing that springs to mind is The Tick, but I'm sure there are others.
>>
>>78111814
Yeah, I mean, I left out all the amazing dcau movies and other shows but those ones stood out to me. But basically it's hard to go wrong with dcau stuff except later on. I haven't been a big fan of their recent movies, especially that stupid weeaboo art style they won't let go of.
>>
>>78111837
This right here. We're basically done here.
>>
>>78111659
>>78111837
>recommending Teen Titans and Young Justice
>not Batman: the Brave and the Bold
Leave this place
>>
>>78111929
I will never understand what people see in that. how can you LIKE camp? it destroyed the credibility of the entire genre, making it into mindless pablum for kids. it embodied censorship and throwaway-cheap-pulp-paper
>>
>>78111837
STAS might not have broken any ground but it was well directed and had some really interesting little stories and fights. their treatments of Parasite, Collector, and Lobo were fantastic.. plus they invented Livewire
>>
File: KirbyHighAsFuck.jpg (13 KB, 258x163) Image search: [Google]
KirbyHighAsFuck.jpg
13 KB, 258x163
>>78112021
>>
>>78112021
I really hope you're a troll. If so, 10/10 good sir. BatB was a gift from the Batgods.
>>
>>78111897
Oh, he watched all the fucking movies too. I forgot about that. He loved Mask of the Phantasm. Good taste.

Yeah, I'm not sure how to feel about their most recent movies. I'm assuming you mean everything after Flashpoint?
>>
>>78112051
I enjoyed their Metallo too.

I like how most of the villains were either working with or fucked over by Luthor. Best when it was a case of both.
>>
>>78112021
BtBatB isn't really campy at all, just fun. It gets pretty dark at times too. It probably has the most death and gun violence than any other DC shows, at least since the DCAU.
How can you hate something for "emboding censorship" while liking Teen Titans which couldn't even call Slade, Deathstroke?
>>
>>78112021
I didn't want to see BatB for a while. I thought it was stupid and just so corny as fuck. I watched every animated thing DC had from the 90s till today. I learned more about DC and their characters.

Then I decided to watch it. I just loved it. It's a show that is for kids, because its silly and fun. But if you watch it as a silver age fan, its spectacular because it showed DC respects all the corny times and just stupid stories they had over the years. It's a celebration of that age. Also there are some really good dark episodes in there as well.
>>
>>78111929
Yeah, after I posted the list I realized I flubbed up since I forgot to mention how beloved Brave and The Bold is by those who enjoy camp. I haven't gotten around to seeing it myself past a few episodes so that's why it slipped my mind.

Also, yeah, Teen Titans and Young Justice have some pretty big flaws, but I still think they're worth at least checking out for fans of superhero animation.
>>78112051
I skipped Superman: The Animated series when I was binging the DCAU, so I didn't mention. Rewatching the BTAS after playing the Arkham games is what got me into comics and at the time I was convinced that Supes wasn't my thing. In the years between then I read some of his iconic stories and enjoyed them, so it might be time to go back and check it out.
>>
>>78112199
It wasn't fun to me. it was mindlessly light, no weight to anything. no reason to care. I don't recall any violence to speak of, it was practically prancing around. Definitely don't recall death (when would it have come up in one of their typical stories?)
and i never said i liked teen titans (though i did). TT was... well, at the time, the worst DC had given us other than zeta project. however, it was still pretty fun (yes, this is fun) and watchable.
>>
>>78111059
Some episodes are absolute masterpieces while some are meh.

Mostly a very good series.
>>
>>78111837
I'd add brave and the bold and beware the batman to the DC list
>>
>>78111837
I'd add Superman: The animated series as well, and Spider-man:The animated series was one of Marvel's best.
>>
>>78111929
MB anon i completely forgot about that
>>
>>78113266
>Definitely don't recall death (when would it have come up in one of their typical stories?)

Tbh I don't think you watched the show
>>
>>78111837
add X-Men Evolution
>>
BTAS is pretty good, but it might seem a bit too cartoony sometimes.

If you haven't seen the Justice League cartoons, I highly recommend those too more than BTAS really. More modern that BTAS with lots of great characters.

Once you're done with that try out Young Justice. Imo, Young Justice is really well done. Less cartoony than the previous mentioned and has a more grounded story with an actual overarching plot.

After that, check out Batman Beyond also.

If you're looking for something Marvel, check out the original X-men Animated Series. Not as good as the JL series but it's pretty fun. Reminds me a lot of the Captain Planet cartoon if you've seen that.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.