[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What ever happened to him?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7
File: New_52_Static.jpg (622 KB, 900x1350) Image search: [Google]
New_52_Static.jpg
622 KB, 900x1350
What ever happened to him?
>>
The artist who best defined Nightwing's look started to think he was a writer, and fucked him up.
>>
>>78109714
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1AK0gB2hEU1
>>
As part of his eternal damnation for being a racist shit, Dwayne McDuffie must watch Static Shock get regularly shitted on inbetween getting raped in his mouth and asshole,by Klansmen....
>>
>>78109962
>racist shit
How?
>>
>>78110010
>Something something out-of-context Silver Surfer panel
>>
>>78110010
He openly said that if you like ANY of the white Green Lanterns, Kyle and Hal in particular, you had to be a member of the KKK.

He also did his damnest to purge Kyle from the DCAU and when he was forced to finally bring him into an episode, spent the entire episode having John Stewart rant about how worthless he was an how he did not deserve his power ring.
>>
>>78110010
McDuffie was a black racist failure who blamed whitey for why he was never a big success.

He dealt with his failure by treating John Stewart as a Marty Stu that could fuck white women and writing John, not Wonder Woman and Superman, as the most important DC hero not named Batman.
>>
>>78110110
>Things that never happened
>>
>>78110110
>He openly said that if you like ANY of the white Green Lanterns, Kyle and Hal in particular, you had to be a member of the KKK.

Source?

>He also did his damnest to purge Kyle from the DCAU and when he was forced to finally bring him into an episode, spent the entire episode having John Stewart rant about how worthless he was an how he did not deserve his power ring.

This straight up didn't happen. Kyle never even appeared in a JLU episode. He was indirectly mentioned, and the worst thing that was said about him was that he was untrained.
>>
>>78110010
Dwayne had.... issues with comic fans, over how he strongly felt that John Stewart was the best Green Lantern.

His general contempt for Hal Jordan fans (let alone Kyle Rayner fans) basically did more to end the Hal/Kyle shit-posting wars than Green Lantern Rebirth ever did.
>>
>>78110200
>This straight up didn't happen. Kyle never even appeared in a JLU episode.
I can't speak for the rest but this here is you being a liar. Kyle was in the episode where Amazo returned and attacked the Earth.
>>
>>78110240
So he was. My bad, forgot about that.
>>
>>78110200
He appeared in one of the Amazo episodes. You are showing your ignorance, since you are forgetting that JLU used the Superman The Animated Series design for Kyle, which infamously slapped Kyle's name on a Hal Jordan lookalike.
>>
>>78110169
It happened.

To be charitable to McDuffie (who did indeed have racist tendencies) he just fucking flipped out whenever ANYONE didn't suck his cock.

He was one of a handful of out of work writers who latched onto Warren Ellis at the bastard's peak and adapted his "anyone who doesn't tell you that you are God and give you head is the enemy" worldview.

His firing from Justice League the comic was particularly satisfying as he spent his entire tenure being a full-on shithead towards fans, then having the gall to refuse to take ANY responsibility for his garbage work by blaming EVERYONE ELSE at DC for why his run was bombing horribly.

He got caught (after being temporarily kicked off the book because of a Chuck Austen level backlash) talking shit and got fired. A great day in comic fandom, as McDuffie was quite clear that anyone who thought his writing was shit, was a racist as far as him mastering the politics of slander and weaponizing "accusations of being racist to silence criticism" tactics long before they were mainstreamed by the SJW movement.
>>
>>78110110
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTC27NCXekc

Doesn't really seem like he's shitting on him. He's a minor character, sure, but it's a Justice League show, not a GLC show. John is the main character, it's natural for the focus to be on him. At least Kyle got a couple lines; way more than Killowog.
>>
>>78110232
Can I get some examples of him shitting on other GLs? I've never heard any of this before.
>>
>>78110465
>>astering the politics of slander and weaponizing "accusations of being racist to silence criticism" tactics

This is why I raise a glass and toast his death on the anniversary of his death every year.

McDuffie was a horrible horrible human being and thank god he died before the SJW irreversibly hijacked the Big Two, which would have damned us to McDuffie being able to rape God knows how many franchises.
>>
his new 52 run got derailed by a shitty editor and an artist who thought he was a writer. then he appeared in the new 52 Teen Titans for a bit, which was arguably even worse.

so Static's out of the spotlight now. until someone cares enough about him to write him well, it's probably better this way.
>>
File: 2009-06-16_cc_072.gif (298 KB, 500x2188) Image search: [Google]
2009-06-16_cc_072.gif
298 KB, 500x2188
>>78110465
That's not how I remember it going down at ALL.
>>
>>78109714
DC fucked him up.

Thank God they lost the Milestone comics license.
>>
>>78110489
He refused to acknowlege Guy Gardners existence, claiming he didn't like the character

He did the same to Kyle, to the point of using his position over the JLA cartoon to declare "every DCAU show happened EXCEPT the Green Lantern episode from Superman" because he wanted John to be a special snowflake only Earth Green Lantern, until he was forced to use Kyle

He also took a huge shit on Hal Jordan, bouncing him from the League when he took over and made him give a grovelling speech that might as well have been Hal deep throating John's dick about how superior John is and how anyone ANYONE who is critical of him is a hater who is just jealous.

He also went about calling all Hal fans racist shits when the backlash of Hal's removal forced John kicked to the curb for a bit until CFJ launched, as well as his general pettiness that he was not allowed to break up Kendra and Red Arrow up so he could immediately throw Hawkgirl and John together. Or calling Hal and Kyle fans members of the KKK around the time his last issue came out on the book
>>
>>78110743
>Thank God they lost the Milestone comics license.
Milestone 2.0 is still partnered with them tho

at least they're doing new Icon & Static collections
>>
>>78110791
>Milestone 2.0 is still partnered with them tho
goddamn it.
>>
>>78110691
That strip is from a McDuffie apologist though.....
>>
>>78110691
So he's responsible for Roy x Kendra? He deserves any and all slights levied against him.
>>
>>78110910
>So he's responsible for Roy x Kendra?
I thought that was in Meltzer's run
>>
>>78110691
McDuffie should have kept his big mouth shut.

TONS of writers dealt with editorial shit all the time. But they never cry about it.

And he talked a good amount of bullshit too. Nor did he even TRY to take in feedback from fans who were clearly upset that they were being stuck with the Green Lantern NO ONE liked.

Most writers would have rolled with the punches and take steps to address the backlash instead of poking the fanbase in the eye and then expecting there to be no consequences when when you blame everyone but yourself for why your run is so shittty.
>>
>>78110776

>He also took a huge shit on Hal Jordan

>calling Hal and Kyle fans members of the KKK around the time his last issue came out on the book

Can I get a source on either of these? I can't believe I missed this.
>>
>>78110948
He didn't cry about it. His comments were taken out of context from message board posts over several months. It was just normal fan interaction.
>>
>>78110910
He desperately wanted to end it, but DC editorial basically said "fuck no!" because McDuffie wanted John/Kendra and fans were already pissed off Hal was being forced off the roster in favor of John.

In retrospect, they should have forced the GL folks to move John to Green Lantern Corps and put Guy Gardner onto JLA.

Guy would have placated fans as far as being a far more acceptable replacement for Hal AND brought on MORE readers, in terms of bringing in JLI fans back to the books as a sales stunt. Plus, it's not like Green Lantern Corps would have changed any with John replacing Guy at the time.
>>
>>78110948
> Nor did he even TRY to take in feedback from fans

This is Right and Correct. You know what happens when creators listen to fans? Olicity.
>>
>>78111054
Not to mention poor, poor Jason Todd.
>>
DC should never of put McDuffie on JLA to begin with.

He's too polarizing and let's face it, made no bones that he thought HIS version of the Justice League was the definitive one. John Stewart fetish included.

Fun fact: Hal was taken out because of Cry For Justice, which originally was supposed to have been an ongoing JLA spin-off book. Fan backlash from the removal of Hal in favor of John, PLUS Cry For Justice having to be radically retooled when it became apparent James Robinson's handpicked artist would NEVER be able to keep a monthly schedule, forced Hal back onto the book after nearly 7-8 issues away, with him leaving again once C4J was retooled to be a mini-series and DC was negotiating to get Mark Bagley to jump ship to DC to draw Robinson's JLA book (which ultimately became JLA proper, when McDuffie opened his big yap and got fired.
>>
>>78111092
Dying was the best thing to happen to Jason Todd though.
>>
>>78110948
>TONS of writers dealt with editorial shit all the time. But they never cry about it.
Well, they shouldn't put up with it. That people put up with shitty practices doesn't make the practices any less shitty.
>>
>>78111092
Jason's death was his best story and him being brought back has spawned nothing but shit.
>>
>>78111161
I think the better thing would have been if they had not done the Green Arrow wedding tie-in shit and simply done an organic reshuffling of the roster via people moving off the team to do other stuff, plus throwing the baby out with the bath by simply having NO Green Lantern on the team.

John Stewart on the team was the biggest lightning rod and DC editorial should have nipped it in the bud as soon as it was announced. Also, putting a gag order on McDuffie since he's too much of a loose canon to let loose on the internet.
>>
>>78111271
Jason's resurrection and Damian Wayne showing up saved the batman franchise, given how EVERYONE had their heads up Batman's ass. Having people with the balls to tell Batman and Tim Drake to fuck off was a breath of fresh air.
>>
>>78111338
I'll give you Damian, but Jason doesn't really add anything that Damian couldn't. And this is even before the absolute bullshit that is the New 52 retcon of his life.
>>
>>78111252
>I literally don't remember any of this. I was here, on /co/, when all of this went down, and I remember everybody LOVING McDuffie.
Well, he's dead now, and this is 4chan. Did you think people wouldn't turn on him eventually?
>>
>>78111338
Damian had his head the MOST up Bruce's ass. To him, Bruce could do no wrong. The fuck are you on?
>>
>>78109714
The New 52, like to many DC characters, fucked up Static Shock so badly that he's become basically cancerous.

The same happened to:
>Firestorm
>Hawkman (who they tried fixing with Lemire's pathetically short-lived Justice League of America)
>League of Super-heroes
>Resurrection Man (who no one really cared about in the first place)
>Justice League Dark
>Constantine
>Mister Terrific
>Blue Beetle
>Grifter
>OMAC
>Frankenstein
>Voodoo
>Infinity Men
>Birds of Prey
>Teen Titans
>Captain Atom (sort of)
>The Question
>Phantom Stranger
>The Specter

And that's not including things like Wonder Woman's controversial new origins or the continuity quagmire that became the Batman line or Batwoman's relationships or the Batgirl controversy.

I'm honestly surprised that a character like Jonah Hex made it out unscathed. Stormwatch only goes on because of Midnighter The New 52 was a bad time for all. Thank god it's gotten better. Still haven't fixed Question.
>>
File: 41OT5PnO.jpg (32 KB, 404x404) Image search: [Google]
41OT5PnO.jpg
32 KB, 404x404
>>78111488
I just never thought I'd see the day when /co/ was defending Dan DiDio's editorial meddling.
>>
File: ...weebs.jpg (97 KB, 654x480) Image search: [Google]
...weebs.jpg
97 KB, 654x480
>>78111565
I mean, my fucking god, did you read the Nu52 Static Shock? It was incomprehensible mess made more disappointing from how much I liked the Static Shock TV show.
>>
>>78110993
So, I'm just going to assume that none of this happened, ever. Because I can't find any links for any of this, and it is clearly bullshit.

Chirst. People like you are why SJWs are taken seriously. They can point to this shit and say, "See? Comic book fans just don't like black people!"

Stop giving them ammunition. Stop making shit up.

Faggot.
>>
>>78110166
Did anyone tell him that Static Shock would've been great if he had stopped focusing on inner city issues?
>>
>>78111847
I mean, an inner-city superhero was pretty much the entire point. There's nothing wrong with it, inherently.
>>
>>78109714
Wasn't he like....turbo gay with his blonde friend?
>>
>>78115198
Virgil was straight, but Ritchie was gay.
They couldn't have it too strong in the animated series, but the knowledge does make sense of some scenes, like how Virgil would be drooling over girls in swim club, while Ritchie would just act disinterested.

I have no idea if he had a thing for Virgil.
>>
>>78111639
Oh god it was such garbage. It was just so BORING.
>>
>>78110564
This is pathetic
>>
>>78110010
He didn't like Luke Cage because he was written by whitebois who used made up words, so automatically his character was shit apparently

Also the kind of moron to go YO FAMPAI LEMME MAKE FUN OF THE PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN FOR A FEW MONTHS ON YO BOOK and that's how you got Etrigan running for President. It was funny but that's basically how it went
>>
File: 1392351395745.png (347 KB, 705x500) Image search: [Google]
1392351395745.png
347 KB, 705x500
>>78115650
Oh wow, apparently my gaydar was working even in my early adolescence.
>>
>>78110110
>spent the entire episode having John Stewart rant about how worthless he was an how he did not deserve his power ring.

This never happened.
>>
>>78115650
It also puts a new twist on that episode with the school election and the mind-reader that notices Virgil is the only thing on Rtichie's mind.
>>
File: 30a-1.jpg (61 KB, 475x356) Image search: [Google]
30a-1.jpg
61 KB, 475x356
>>78110857
>>78110110
>>78110166
>>78110232
My god, this entire thread is blatant shitposting.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.