[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dick thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7
File: 110776-49363-nova.jpg (57 KB, 400x445) Image search: [Google]
110776-49363-nova.jpg
57 KB, 400x445
Did actually like him pre-Annihilation/Conquest/Thanos Imperative?

Like his og series was basically like a more angry, less lucky and much dumber Peter Parker who could fly

New Warriors was actually a great series
as good, if not better, than any Teen Titans/Young Justice
But DC embraces their DIck, and Marvel has all but removed their respective Dick.

What do you guys think of the greatest Dick?

Is he even worth bringing back
>>
>>78109355
Yes, he's worth it. But only under the right writer. Maybe King once he finishes Vision.
>>
File: NovaValkyrie.jpg (323 KB, 598x924) Image search: [Google]
NovaValkyrie.jpg
323 KB, 598x924
>>78109355
I first met Rich in the Marvel Adventures comics, the Marvel Super Heroes line I believe.

He's pretty much like Sam but not as dumb and the ladies want him.
>>
>>78109384
I get a feeling that under King he will make Nova into Dick Grayson + Omega Men.
>>
>>78110331
I want that
>>
>>78110331
Sounds good. A man in posession of overwhelming force but unable to use it.
>>
>>78109355
I think he's definitely worth it. I don't get why Marvel refuses to just bring him.
I know that they want Sam to succeed and think having him around would ruin that, but that's retarded. They've spent so much money trying to get Sam to take off and it just hasn't worked.
>>
File: She wants the Richard.jpg (214 KB, 470x1508) Image search: [Google]
She wants the Richard.jpg
214 KB, 470x1508
>>78110272
>>
File: GamoraNova.png (917 KB, 638x1000) Image search: [Google]
GamoraNova.png
917 KB, 638x1000
>>78109355
>>78110272
>>78110724
Bitches did love the Dick Rider though, he probably didn't get as much as Peter but that's mainly because he didn't get much exposure but when he did he had women swarming.

I mean Gamora certainly hoped on him and lusting after him until he ended up dumping her, and when she hoped on Tony Stark, who is suppose to have godly sex appeal, well she didn't like it.

Pretty sure even Star-Lord wanted some of the Rider too
>>
File: A drawing of a happy dick.jpg (54 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
A drawing of a happy dick.jpg
54 KB, 400x400
>>78109355
>Did actually like him pre-Annihilation/Conquest/Thanos Imperative?
I know Dick from Annihilation and only because of /co/ but I read the New Warrior stuff and I liked Dick there too.

>But DC embraces their DIck, and Marvel has all but removed their respective Dick.
The difference is that even when Didio wanted to remove DC's Dick everyone at DC protested and fought against it, but with Marvel it was DnA who removed Marvel's Dick (with intentions of bringing Dick back at some point though) but unfortunately Marvel took DnA off the comic and Loeb took notice that Marvel's Dick was gone and replaced said Dick with his own dead son.

But fuck Marvel doesn't want to acknowledge they can have their own Dick with dead son (who is not so bad BTW) and even add Secret Wars Voltron Family with dog but NOPE.

>What do you guys think of the greatest Dick?
>Is he even worth bringing back

Dick is totally worth bringing back and I just hope that if the MCU ever decides to expand their cosmic side that they go and expand it with their own MCU Dick.
>>
>>78111198
>I just hope that if the MCU ever decides to expand their cosmic side that they go and expand it with their own MCU Dick.
Gunn said he isn't going to be in GotG 2, and I don't think he'll be in Inhumans or Captain Marvel. As much as I hate him, I think Marvel would rather use Sam in the MCU.
>>
>>78111198
>Secret Wars Voltron Family with dog
come again
>>
I don't take /co/'s opinion on Dick seriously because they've never read new warriors and Annihilation was just like any other shit Marvel event but with a better writer at the helm.

Dick is kill and Sam will become new hotness after this Diversity Age settles down.
Deal with it
>>
>>78110522
Yeah, they want Sam to work and they have been pushing him in USM, in the Marvel Anime, in his own comic but it's not working.

Also every fricking Sam related article or whatever that the Comic news sites have has fans asking about Rich, and the Nova writers always get asked about Rich, Brevoort gets constant asks about Rich, and Rich gets occasionally mentioned here and there in the comics or cameos in a character's memory or whatever.

Heck that Marvel Diablo clone added Rich's character by popular demand right?

So people definitely want Richard Rider but it's obvious that on the Marvel Entertainment's side they are trying to ignore the character pretty badly.
>>
>>78111265
Gunn said he doesn't plan to stay beyond GotG 3, and he's not the end all and be all of Cosmic just GotG. Obviously Rich won't be in Inhumans and Captain Marvel and both look like they won't be Cosmic at all (although nothing is planned)

Also the Marvel Entertainment people are not involved with the MCU people which means that Loeb has no power over any MCU stuff and the original GotG draft had Rich in it (the Perlman draft did) before Gunn came in and rewrote it and by that time Sam was already Nova in the comics.

So if they are interesting in doing Nova they can chose between Sam and Rich and Rich seems to be the popular choice if they are going for a cosmic theme.
>>
>>78111354
Sam is not even selling well, lol, even the Bakian Nova family mini sold more than his comic ever did.

The current writer even said that he was going to have Rich be somehow involved in a future arc just to spike up interest because people kept asking for Rich and his current run is boring ass shit, lol.
>>
>>78111365
Yeah, it's fucking stupid stupid.
Marvel has spent a lot of money now trying to make Sam popular, but they have nothing to show for it.
Marvel should be smart and just bring back Richard, but they refuse to quit and still think after 3 years, that they can make this work.
Richard's 40th anniversary is coming up next year. I'm ready for more rage inducing from Marvel.
>>
File: NovaVoltronDogForceGo.png (700 KB, 485x750) Image search: [Google]
NovaVoltronDogForceGo.png
700 KB, 485x750
>>78111345
>>
>>78111617
Ryan is doing what other Sam Loeb writers did and giving empty promises like "Maybe down the road."
After his SSM/USM/Nova team-up special where he compared Starstalker to Rider fanboys as idiots who couldn't accept Richard being gone, I knew to avoid his shit.
Hopefully after this fails and Sam doesn't work out on ANAD, Marvel will finally cut their losses.
>>
>>78111681
And I like Sam but he's not terribly interesting and I feel that with Rich, especially with Annihilation and post-Annihilation, you can get a lot of interesting stories and he lends himself easier to cosmic than Sam does.

He's also a character that grew from being a Hal Jordan/Peter Parker clone into his own character.

I bet they will bring out the fact that it's Nova's 40th anniversary but they will use it to sell a giant size Sam story.
>>
File: DraxFamily.jpg (82 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
DraxFamily.jpg
82 KB, 500x500
Well they are throwing Moondragon to the shitter and retconning Drax's past so I see them having no problem throwing Rich to the shitter or forgetting about him at some point.
>>
>>78109355
Richard should come back and became the new best friend of Peter Parker. Just like Ted Kord and BG.
>>
>>78112717
Red and Gold?
>>
>>78112570
What the fuck is this? Did CM Pepsi retcon Drax into an alien?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.