[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I honestly hate this piece of shit. Bite me.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
I honestly hate this piece of shit.

Bite me.
>>
File: 1419858341988.png (6 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1419858341988.png
6 KB, 300x300
>>
>>78106002
Early Spongebob was okay. It's Spongebob's influence on modern Western animation that I resent.
>>
>>78106002
>PAY ATTENTION TO ME

Bite me.
>>
>>78106192
>why can't people like the things i like, waaaah

I hate this fucking board.
>>
>>78106204
>Why can't people hate what I hate
I'll bet you do
>>
>>78106248
Literally anytime you critique Spongebob, expect to be assblasted to hell and back.
>>
File: 1448145950218.png (30 KB, 307x247) Image search: [Google]
1448145950218.png
30 KB, 307x247
>>78106204
>>78106002
what was the point of this thread, OP?

To state that you have an opinion on a children's show?

im really curious
>>
Why is everyone except Spongebob a cardboard cutout?
>>
File: spongebob crunch.jpg (63 KB, 680x551) Image search: [Google]
spongebob crunch.jpg
63 KB, 680x551
>>78106002

ok.
>>
>>78106002
Remember that time Plankton was about to commit suicide?
>>
>>78106322
Because no one knows how to draw anymore.
>>
Daily reminder Spongebob did for Nick what BANNED did for HUB.
>>
>>78106305
>OP mysteriously disappears when questioned

Okay, nice work pal
>>
File: 1433644428484.png (308 KB, 554x603) Image search: [Google]
1433644428484.png
308 KB, 554x603
>>78106204
>posts his cartoon opinion on a board for discussing cartoons
>gets upset when others challenge his opinion
>>
>>78106683
He fucking didn't. He just got assmad that I didn't like his show like all the fucking Spongefags.
>>
>>78106715
Yeah, he's the one who's mad.
>>
>>78106748
>someone points out something legitmate
>hurr durr you mad

Fuck off.
>>
>>78106284
>"I HAET THING!! >:( "
>critique
>>
>>78106799
Wow, Spongefags are really cancerous. Fuck off to your containment board.

>>>/v/
>>
>>78106774
>pointed out something legitimate

Pray tell, how is saying you hated the show without giving a reaaon give anything to work with in terms of discussion.

Could it be you are only here to get a reaction out of these innocent anons?
>>
>>78106922
OK.

>annoying voice acting
>repetitive jokes
>the characters are just one-note gags
>>
File: 1449816533728.jpg (491 KB, 620x800) Image search: [Google]
1449816533728.jpg
491 KB, 620x800
>>78106002
Kinda agree.

The jokes are all ripped out of Rocko's Modern Life. The characters are all tired cliches. The world beyond the Krabby Patty is wholesomely uninteresting despite potential for not being such.

Fandom is pretty annoying too. Those threads where people recite the quotes or "name your poop after a spongebob scene" or something else utterly /b/ level immature are total cringefests for anyone born earlier than 1996. Also, anyone else notice that there is a Spongebob fan who shows up in every Fairly OddParents thread to say Spongebob is better? Like who cares? I don't think anyone even argues against him, he just wants to post godawful potato quality "reaction" images of Spongebob making autistic faces because thats all the fandom is about. People who try to put it on the same iconic level as The Simpsons are deluded snot nosed shiteaters too.

Will be glad the day it gets cancelled, and not because it went on for too long, but because I'd have rather it never existed in the first place.
>>
>>78107529
>Fandom is pretty annoying too.
You have to admit though, it's nowhere near as bad as a lot of other fandoms.
>>
What's a kids show that does jokes better?
>>
>>78107672
Freakazoid
And this is coming from an early Spongebob fan
>>
>>78106953

Cool, thank you.

>Annoying voice acting
Completely agree. I personally think there's a bit of range in some scenes that's good enough, but a lot of characters are pretty nasally and/or loud.

>Repetitive jokes
I can't see it myself. If anything, the jokes sometimes seem to come out of the blue more frequently than they're re-used. I can't really remember one concept or gag being redone in a later episode - but if I'm wrong, feel free to correct me.

>The characters are just one-note gags
I wouldn't really say that. Spongebob is generally over-eager in any pursuit he follows, but has enough variety in pursuits that it leads to interesting situations - and he's still capable of fatigue, jealousy, and being overcompetitive. Squidward's got his general depression with life, his career as a musician, his artistic efforts, and occasional grudging enjoyment of SpongeBob's pursuits; he can vary between grumpy antagonist to sympathetic protagonist to snob to tragic figure depending on the needs. Similarly, Sandy's able to switch between adrenaline addict, mad scientist, and cheerful outsider who's dealing with being accepted in a new home.

I don't have anything for Mr. Krabs, Patrick, or the side-characters, though.
>>
>>78107605
>implying
Obviously, they're not SU or MLP tiers of cancerous.

But they're still meme-spouting retards who love spamming their shit across 4chan. Either that or whining about "muh seasons 1-3" as if the shittiness of the later seasons hasn't been extrapolated enough about.

The first three seasons are fine and all, but it's been too goddamn overexposed for me to enjoy anymore (both by the redditors and irl). It's sad desu baka senpai.
>>
>>78107717
I've been starting to watch this and the whole time I'm just wondering how the fuck this didn't catch on more at the time. Did it just have really shitty advertising or something?
>>
>>78107717
What's with the spoiler tags? Isn't it unanimously agreed Freakazoid was great?
>>
File: bigkidsgofirst.jpg (26 KB, 375x281) Image search: [Google]
bigkidsgofirst.jpg
26 KB, 375x281
>>78108047
Yes.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.